Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3 - Minitokyo

About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3

This thread is closed for posting.

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 170 total items

The credit system does probably save bandwidth as it prevents mass leeching but I still can't find out how to gain credits when everything I do costs credits to do. Well I guess I'll just try different things.

Thank you for posting this with regards to the credit system, it really helps a lot. And now I can say that I like and that I can get used to the new system, now that I know how it's going to work. Thanks again. ^^

Lilim

Lilim

Aveugle

Well I think that we just need time to familiarize with credits system ^^ And maybe we'll have less spammers in here >.<

Signature Image

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

Quote by KaburaGod! I totaly agree with chaossnake !
what's wrong on having unlimited downloading?
do we hurt somebody?

Are you serious ... ?

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

Wallpapers, Scans and Doujinshis cost are based off of the file size.
Scans cost the file size in KB / 500, wallpapers KB / 2000, Doujinshis KB / 8000.

So a 2000 KB wallpaper will cost exactly 1 credit, a 350 KB wall will cost 0.175 credits. I think that is a bit expensive for walls.

So the real question I have now is what purpose does MT serve with this new credit system? People can make and submit Wallpapers and Doujinshis here, download and upload Scans, this site is obviously a resource for artists to make walls, but I'd say with the credit system making downloads "cost" money this site is completely useless for artists to spread and share their work. Complain all you want about leeching but was the original purpose of this site not for artists to share and spread their work in one place convienently rather then having their own small site that doesn't get that many hits? That was the big advantage to coming to a huge place like MT and submitting your wallpapers; exposure, the fact that MT generated so much traffic proves how successful it is. There are probably hundreds of sites out on the net that would kill for the kind of success MT has had but no matter how I look at it this new system it is built to undermine that success.

Signature Image

I think i don't mind the credits but leveling was better because you would have unlimited downloads but people who reached theyr desired level would only leech images and other types of art or media and wouldn't contribute anything to the comunity nice work MT ;)

Well that helped. I call back every bad thing I said about credits. But i have few more "buts".

DUD

DUD

Mecha-Muffin

It's a shame you don't have unlimited bandwith. If you had, you wouldn't have to implement an inconvinient system such as this. Still, I'll give it a chance. As you say it will probably help the community (provided of course, that this doesn't scare most people away). There's obviously some bugs to be ironed out, but that's to be expected. My chief concern is the lose/gain ratio, because if this isn't set appropriatly, It will make this system utterly horrible. I'm gonna expect some problems in the beginning, but I have faith that you will tweek this thing to perfection.

FFenril

FFenril

no Baka

I like the credits system ^^
Preventing people to have unlimited downloads to make them contribuate mor... Sounds really good to me =)
And if there's too much problem with it, it can always be adjusted... I think that's a good idea anyway ^^

Lastest wallpaper... Shakugan no Shana - Wilhemina Carmel ~de arimasu~

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Kabura, you're missing the main point of this site. Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Minitokyo is supposed to be a place where people who enjoy making art and wallpaper could submit their work and give and recieve tips with others. If you want images you can go to other sites and find them, it's not really that hard (being thats all I really did before I joined this site). It's not fair for the people who appreciate what the site stands for to have people joining simply to reap their benefits without giving something in return. It's not just about recieving here, its giving to help others out too.

I was unhappy about the credit system at first, too, but it makes sense and in the long run I think it really will be good. My only concern is the missing search bar ^_^' and the fact you cant preview the whole image before using a credit. Alot of times on MT2 I never saved the image because the quality was not as good as I expected, but now it will cost you just to look at the whole picture. I think it would be nice if they could do something about that...

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

So, i suppose it won't accomodate for threads/posts under a certain number of charcters/words/lines? Well, that may bring down some spamming, and maybe have people think twice about what they are going to post. By the way, the quick reply box isn't aligned.

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Quote by Keltosh
Now before you all go ballistic and start complaining: the formula have been thought so that members who contribute to the community will NOT have problems with credits, as long as they don't want to download the whole gallery. The values are FAIR.

Just participate to the community, and you will not have problems whatsoever. The main reason for the credit system was to avoid horrible problems like indiscriminate leeching, friendlist whoring and spamming.

I totally agree.

I think they are fair (the values) and I think that download a whole gallery was stupid. I mean, everyone have complained about in MT2: bad submissions, flood submission etc.. Reports were created this way: Help admin & mods to manage this awful flood. If this kind of flood disappear, for us as for the admin & mods it will create a better and safe place.

MT because of being more and more popular could not manage the amount of leechers without rules. Levels made people jalous, not as some said ' competitive '. And moreover, as Sheqel said before, MT was ' flooded ' by new members just to reach level 10. A nonsense.

I don't want to be harsh but I think that people who fear the new system are for the most, leechers. But let's precise what I understand by leecher: I want to point out those people who never did anything, scans&walls downloads apart.

EDIT:

Yup. Maybe MT will loose members because of the system, but the most part will be leechers, once again ^^'

Signature

Tokitoh

Tokitoh

onmyoji

Actually, I already figured out most of the stuff yesterday. ^^ The cost for everything is fair (I mean 0.222 or 3.222 is not 10 or 20 %) and there is really nothing to worry about. I guess credit system is a good idea. And now everything loads faster, and the credit system should prevent spamming the galleries with cr... uh, low quality walls, and I already got used to the new system. Mwahaha, now I am an official MT3 fan. o___o

About opening images by accident - happened to me, too. But, people, the cost is really low, there is nothing to worry about.

Everybody, stop worrying. ^^' It's just that now instead of grabbing a wall and running away with it, you will... uh, have to say "thanks" to the creator. %) I am sure that as long as you contribute something, you will gain credits.^^ Uh, I already gained some and the thing keeps going up somehow. 0__o`

Signature

I didn't lose my mind, I sold it on ebay.

Do you only have the ammount of credits you start with indefinitly?
Or does it reset every day, week, month?

"Your Purged,,,,,,BANG" Tachikoma

this new credit systems sound just like animepapers's paper system where you earn your paper by posting. I do find something missing in this credit systems is the number of credits it needs to get pics because i can't find anywhere that indicate how much credit it needs to download the picture. is like buying something without knowing the price of it until you paid for it and there is no refund. if is said some where then i maybe missed it.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by pongchanthis new credit systems sound just like animepapers's paper system where you earn your paper by posting. I do find something missing in this credit systems is the number of credits it needs to get pics because i can't find anywhere that indicate how much credit it needs to download the picture. is like buying something without knowing the price of it until you paid for it and there is no refund. if is said some where then i maybe missed it.

When you are on the page of the image, it's in the left bar.

And to taurec: filesize is what drives the cost. Though scans, doujinshi and wallpapers have different ratio of credit-to-megabyte.

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Quote: Submitting indy art and wallpapers: variable cost, depending on friendlist size. This is to avoid friendlist whoring. This will ensure that members only post quality submissions. For anything else, use the sandbox forum or the anime pic dump.

So if you have a huge friendslist it costs you more to upload things? That's stupid. It should be a standard amount. Its kind of like punishing people who have larger friendslists. :( Also wouldn't this discourage people submitting since they will be losing credits to do so? You should GAIN credits for uploading since that is contributing to the community. Sorry for ranting that's just how I feel. :(

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

Ok, I really don't mind that much the credit thing... but one thing comes to my mind, how many people will comment on a gallery item after actually looking at it in full size. I believe most members will think twice before downloading something (and for bandwith purposes it's ok) and give crap comments. People that want to recieve tips and get some actual feedback (like myself) will only recieve partial critique, without members even taking a detailed look at submitions... I feel on the long term this could be a turn off, but let's see how it turns out.

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

Thank you for the explanation, but why will contributing a scan cost you credits? You contribute to the community then, dont you? Or is it that scans are profitable when downloaded a lot?

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Well, it sucks to me... ~_~

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

that is a good idea!
but I lost credits when I read my notifications ....i mean, after, when I read all of them and then I deleted them, I lost credits, why?

Signature Image

Quote by Keltosh

Quote by NejiYshokahere me again!

I just downloaded a scan, it cost around 400 credits.
now, for a guy like me who can't submit self-made wallpapers, how could I keept up with this usage?
I mean how much credits could I gain from each post? a few credits?
That means I have to post 100 times just to download 1 wallpaper <,<
that's kinda gone too far don't u think?

It is simply impossible cause
1) you don't have that many credits
2) no scan can cost that much

Lying in this thread is really dumb you know.....

1st of all, as a mod, u sholdn't accuse of ppl lying, especially without ur self tested.

let's say, the last time I logged in it was 20.000 credits. Doesn't really matter its a dot or decimal.

I downloaded a normal wallpaper, my credits decreased to 19.700 something.

after I downloaded a scan, the 2nd pic.. my credits decreased to 18.000 somthing.

As now I can see the credits # is kept at the 2nd decimal.

note! Why don't u try to download a scan urself? and check out what I'm talking about?

merged: 10-28-2005 ~ 03:15am

Quote by Willem

Quote by Keltosh
Now before you all go ballistic and start complaining: the formula have been thought so that members who contribute to the community will NOT have problems with credits, as long as they don't want to download the whole gallery. The values are FAIR.

Just participate to the community, and you will not have problems whatsoever. The main reason for the credit system was to avoid horrible problems like indiscriminate leeching, friendlist whoring and spamming.

I totally agree.

I think they are fair (the values) and I think that download a whole gallery was stupid. I mean, everyone have complained about in MT2: bad submissions, flood submission etc.. Reports were created this way: Help admin & mods to manage this awful flood. If this kind of flood disappear, for us as for the admin & mods it will create a better and safe place.

MT because of being more and more popular could not manage the amount of leechers without rules. Levels made people jalous, not as some said ' competitive '. And moreover, as Sheqel said before, MT was ' flooded ' by new members just to reach level 10. A nonsense.

I don't want to be harsh but I think that people who fear the new system are for the most, leechers. But let's precise what I understand by leecher: I want to point out those people who never did anything, scans&walls downloads apart.

EDIT:

Yup. Maybe MT will loose members because of the system, but the most part will be leechers, once again ^^'

if that's the case, why don't u put ur wallpapers on the market?

does everybody here pays to download a wallpaper?

beside, not every1 here is able to create wallpaper.

1. if leechers are gone, this sites popularity is gone.
2. if leechers are gone, u keep tons of useless junks that other site offers as well for free and easier way to get.
3. if leechers are gone, what's the point of keep this site open? just for a small amount of submitters?

You should be glad that this site is flooded with new members becuz that proofs this site is VERY popular, without them who gives a damn about this site? whos gonna comment on ur wallpapers?

I need clarification. In the first post in this thread, it was stated that contribution to the site could gain you credits, but submissions like scans and wallpapers cost you credits. Are you saying that the only way to gain credits is to contribute to the forums?

Good job on MT3! I hope that many people understand this effort and accept the new rules... but...would it be possible to change the links eliminating the blank spaces beside? thanks a lot

page 3 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 170 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.