Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3 - Minitokyo

About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3

This thread is closed for posting.

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 170 total items

When I understand the whole thing right
you have to poke your nose into other people's business
to collect credits...
It's not my style to nerve other people with my comments but I will have to change...

an example I just got.

I had 18.940 credits. after download a scan, my credits reduced to 18.474

thnx alot, I lost 0.466 credits for 1 wallpaper.

and it doesn't seems that posting in this thread gains any credits.

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Quote by NejiYshoka
if that's the case, why don't u put ur wallpapers on the market?

Because I never created in this way.

Quote by NejiYshoka
does everybody here pays to download a wallpaper?
beside, not every1 here is able to create wallpaper.

Credits are not money. Make the difference. And therefore, the admin had to ' pay ' for you when you as all users want to download a wallpaper ... (bandwith, servers, etc.)
Yep, not everyone till everyone doesn't want to open a image editor like photoshop and start learning something in.

Quote by NejiYshoka
1. if leechers are gone, this sites popularity is gone.
2. if leechers are gone, u keep tons of useless junks that other site offers as well for free and easier way to get.
3. if leechers are gone, what's the point of keep this site open? just for a small amount of submitters?

You should be glad that this site is flooded with new members becuz that proofs this site is VERY popular, without them who gives a damn about this site? whos gonna comment on ur wallpapers?

1. does devianART, animepaper and others dead?
2. well if you think so, go to them but I don't think that you'll have what we talking about here. Remember the credits though.
3. well do you know the history of this website? I don't think you EVEN read the MT story. This website was created for every people who want to share and have criticals on their work!

That means we don't care about users who came here just for leeching and maybe post our work on other places! Who care about comments like ' fine ' ? What FOUR letters will explain about what you think and reveal the amount of work time spent for the wall? There's so many things to add... but I'll add only one more : Yes this website is VERY popular, and by this leechers and leechers made this website more and more down, slower etc. So what should I say? I mean I've been here for more than a year, I saw the difference ... and I like having MT3 faster, that's all.

Signature

I also lack natural artistic tallent. I try to add coments that help the artist. Some times all I have to add is that I like their work and that their effort is apreciated. I hope that sincere apreciation of ones work is something that is valued here.

Haia

Haia

:.:Dies Irae:.:

Interesting. Now I finally understand the credits system. Yes it is very beneficial for both sides. It will help alot for the MT community to be an actual community. Finally the give-and-take method found its way here. My main question would be the submissions and it depends on how big the friendlist is...what is the ratio for that exactly? How much more will it cost?

Quote by NejiYshoka
an example I just got.

I had 18.940 credits. after download a scan, my credits reduced to 18.474

thnx alot, I lost 0.466 credits for 1 wallpaper.

and it doesn't seems that posting in this thread gains any credits

Sometimes you're given credits much more later...it's not right away you'll see the changes.

Signature Image

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

Thanks for calming us down about this Keltosh. I didn't know you had to have a "formula" for working out how many we get, but whatever floats your boats.
I was wondering though, how did you work out the number of credits we got in the beginning, or does everyone start out with the same amount? "^^

...we will never tell you exactly how to gain credits, nor how much you will pay...

But how do we know that everyone's being treated fairly and there's no favouritism or other abuse?

thecatmistress

thecatmistress

the cat`s meow

this makes much more sense, thank you Keltosh and Sheqel. i thought that the credits system would be off the charts. but this is reasonable. its like a college/store system, nice <3.

Signature Image
my user page made by k1ru ^^
COLOFULL WALLIES!

to Willem

right without leechers whos gonna criticise ur wallpapers?

does those devianART, animepaper and others offer credits system?
I don't think so.

u get perm member from leechers who thinks this site is good. You don't get a perm long term members out of blue.

and u have to face the fact that not every1 who cames to this site will be a long term member, but possibilities are there, if they don't see the benifits then they are gone.

I don't know this sites history and I do not care either, I am here and now, that's all I cares, I contribute wherever I go. Plus, b4 this site doesn't offer credit system as far as I know, and this site was gr8.

let me ask u 1 thing, whos gonna criticse ur wallpaper is no leechers to actully see it.

Do I have to tell u that those advertising companys send out tons of free papers just to get new customers to see their products so to pick their interest to buy them. And this site is doing the excatly the opposite.

administrators open this site in the hope for ppl to share their thoughts, enjoy, and make this site more popular. Your selfish advise is way too narrow.

noted: this site isn't the only good site, u maybe find tons the samething else where. authors don't stuck on 1 site to publish their works.

so far, I check almost 50 pages scans, only find 2 that quiet alright, and not gr8.

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Quote by NejiYshokalet me ask u 1 thing, whos gonna criticse ur wallpaper is no leechers to actully see it.

The same people that usually criticize. I mean I got some comments which pointed out defaults (needed for improvements) and qualities (to keep up).

Quote by NejiYshokaadministrators open this site in the hope for ppl to share their thoughts, enjoy, and make this site more popular. Your selfish advise is way too narrow.

Maybe, maybe. Or I offended you because there's some things you know I'm quite right in the previous descriptions. (if it's the case, that wasn't what I wanted because what I want is to point out the overflow of leechers which made MT worth than it was at its start).
Anyway, what I care is a safe community and a safe place for people sharing and advicing their productions. I mean, MT is NOT a place to upload EVERYTHING. Imageshack does it very well.

Signature

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by NejiYshokato Willem

right without leechers whos gonna criticise ur wallpapers?

does those devianART, animepaper and others offer credits system?
I don't think so.

Animepaper uses a credit system. To be precise, papers. Document yourself before posting. And this is an explanation thread. If you really don't like this site you can leave. Bandwidth does not grow from trees, you have to pay for it. Wallpaper artist will stay. Some may leave, but then again it's always like that when changes are introducted and not many will. Many memebrs will like it, and all the intelligent ones will stay and just get used to it. And new memebrs will arrive, as always

Quote by daosThanks for calming us down about this Keltosh. I didn't know you had to have a "formula" for working out how many we get, but whatever floats your boats.
I was wondering though, how did you work out the number of credits we got in the beginning, or does everyone start out with the same amount? "^^

We used the existing stats to determine the starting user credits. It was the only possible criteria. However remember that it's forbidden to tell anyone else your credit counts :D We don't want members showing off.

Quote by Tentacular
...we will never tell you exactly how to gain credits, nor how much you will pay...
But how do we know that everyone's being treated fairly and there's no favouritism or other abuse?

It is fair because we have all the interest in retaining the active members of minitokyo. We want the community to grow. The credit system was introducted because we want it to grow in the right direction :D

To Willem: thanks for the support, but let us handle repeated complaints like that :D

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Quote by Keltosh
To Willem: thanks for the support, but let us handle repeated complaints like that :D

Sorry ^_^' When I saw that there were many complaints like that one I couldn't stand leaving you alone against ^_^' Ok, I'll let you handle it :x If you need some support, you know where you can find me XD I'll help you then with pleasure XD XD

/me go to watch Bleach 55 :D

Signature

Now i understand the credit system, I think.

ye! it s fine!
now i can download 0 walls and forget about this site....

Nice to see you! :)

Well iam not saying that the credit thing is bad but i really like this site and i will give the credit thing a shot before i say anything good or bad the only problem is that i dont know how to make walls even though i would like to but how iam i suppose to get credits if i dont submit anything? I really did like downloading anything i like without a cost but if we are going to pay for these things now it would be nice to lower the price but overall i look both ways on this issue by the way is it ture that the more ppl on your buddy list the more it cost to download stuff? if so that would be the only thing that i would be against well anyways see ya later

If you ever find yourself lost....
Don't look to the past...
Take a new path...
To the future...

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

bandwidth? Check out http://www.aruba.it for hosting with unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth.

The credit system is heavy unfair and bad for this community. Too many friends of mine are leaving the site and i expect to be more. In Hongfire people talk about minitokyo as elitists in the bad sense of the word.

Problems i have to contribute to the community:
1. A lot of scans were uploaded so i cannot upload similar items with similar size image although they were without noise. They are deleted in less than 15 minutes. To contribute is very difficult when there are too many people uploading items, you have not any opportunity to contribute.

2. Upload a scan that is not present in the gallery is almost impossible.

3. I don't like to spam on the forums with nonsense comments and replies. My forum activity is very low.

4. Making wallpapers is a nuisance when they don't give you enough credits. People tends to download them and they don't give you any good critic or suggestion. People should not be doing 20+ wallpaper per week so the could download something.

5. Almost all the scans are present in the Hongfire Gallery, moeboards, and minitokyo clone sites. Also via BT as collections of scans.

6. Users will loose the interest visiting minitokyo, something bad, due that i have too many friends here and i don't like the idea.

Contribution to minitokyo may be related with the banner impressions in a higher way.

With all this i'm very disappointed, i reached level 50 uploading scans and wallpapers without doing spam with forums, favs, gallery comments, etc. All i got for my level was a poor amount of credits so i suposse people who reached level 100 must have 500 or more. Don't know how can be the balance of level/credits.

Think about it. I hope that time will give us the reason, and i hope too that this won't be the decandency of minitokyo. All the sites around inet tend to disapper.

cheers

Quote by NejiYshoka
1. if leechers are gone, this sites popularity is gone.
2. if leechers are gone, u keep tons of useless junks that other site offers as well for free and easier way to get.
3. if leechers are gone, what's the point of keep this site open? just for a small amount of submitters?

That was the funniest thing I've read all day. I laughed so hard I spit coffee all over my monitor. Now I had to clean it up, but it was worth it. XD

Signature Image

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

he said a truth like a Castle XDD

Oh damn, I wanted wanted download the hole MT -_-. (Better say I want see all Gallary items.) I allready saw the first 3000, but know I cann't find where they are now. Is there a option to look throug the gallary sorted after the nummber (subbmission date)?

Just tried it

Alpha

Alpha

DreamMaster

Only one question please, why we can not see other members credits status?...
And what was the criteria of distribution of those credits...
All members in MT3 begin with THE SAME number of credits?...
Just wondering?...^_^...

Quote by gilion

Quote by Keltosh
The main reason for the credit system was to avoid horrible problems like indiscriminate leeching, friendlist whoring and spamming.

In minitokyo 3 spamming will not help you increase your credit balance. Quality contribution will determine that.

I understand that MT is a wall artists community, but now it will become a community only for them. It seems to me that if you are not an artist you are not welcome. Fine, I can understand your point of view. The reason why I didn't submitted nothing till now is that I didn't want to see my work be deleted for insufficient quality. My work are not as "sugoi" as most of walls that I usually D/L. Skashi, in the previous MT I was able to watch them, and I left a comment only if I thought it was useful. What can I say if I think that this wall is perfectly done? "Cool, I like it, you're the best again". I abhor these kind of comments. The sandbox - I think this will be useful: after seeing work-in-progress walls, maybe I can finally leave some tecnic opinions. I think that is the most important thing to do to increase my credit.
I understand that the credit system will limit leeching and friendlist whoring, but about spamming... I think that is the opposite! If I think about a way to stop spamming the only solution I can get is that thread starters and wall submitters would value the posts and replies. If they think that they were useful, then their credit will increase.
Am I out of the world or is there someone who thinks like me?

ya, i agree with this dude, i think it SHOULD be up to the thread starters and gallery submitters to award points to people who contribute to the site by...typing. hope fully, the thread starters and gallery submitters dont just flake and decide not to even look at the post people make.
on another note...YOU'RE ALL SUCK UPS!(you know who you are)

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

That's alright...I don't have any problem with the credits. But what does friendlist whoring mean?

It's a good idea, in that those who leech off this site can no longer do so.

kuclo

kuclo

My broken wings

i think is fair ,probably in the beginig was confusing ,ever members were so mad but is for the sake of this community ,thanks for the advice keltosh-sama , the new mebers may be can find this complex ,and now there is a limit for the downloads ,actually i 'm not here to find images , i think is for fun and can find people who likes the animes games and things like that ,now the levels are unnecessary , i hope everybody can understand and keep supporting mt like before , *hugs to everyone*

Tienes el valor?o te vale
Signature
Remember minitokyo is just not another site ,it's a home ,enjoy being be member of this family

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 170 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.