Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3 - Minitokyo

About gaining and spending credits in Minitokyo v3

This thread is closed for posting.

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 170 total items

Osiris

Retired Moderator

Osiris

(>^-^)>( . Y . )

Max credit is 999 so if you're around there like me, consider yourself a rich mofo XD

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by OsirisMax credit is 999 so if you're around there like me, consider yourself a rich mofo XD

999? Gee... that's kinda hard to make! XD

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

eternally-asuka

eternally-asuka

Death Angel

wow the new rules are kinda confusing me @_@ Minitokyo got so many new stuff, some of them tricky xP but i guess with time i'll learn ^^ -Hope- credits... hehe i'm new with this, i guess with this new system Minitokyo will be better than it already is XD i guess i'll have to think first before doing something!

Doig anything has a price? o.o like commenting?

Signature Image

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by eternally-asuka
Doig anything has a price? o.o like commenting?

I don't think that commenting has a price... it's only for making new threads, making groups, downloading walls, and submitting scans or any gallery items? Not sure on the last part but the first ones, I'm sure about it.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Credits............? *is suddenly extremely confused*

Forgive me for appearing INCREDIBLY stupid, but... what purpose, exactly, do they serve? Why do you you want to limit people's downloads? Is it bad that we want to look at wallpapers? Or am I just missing the point here? What happens if you lose all your credits? Can you not access the site? That seems a little unfair to me. And what about the people that try really really hard to make a good wallpaper, but the quality isn't quite up to par with the highlighted submissions? Is it fair that they should lose credits, if credits are indeed that important?

And on a sort of unrelated note, I do not like at all this new post box. My text disappears on the side, which is rather annoying. And I don't like the shade of blue that the world "reply" is in, but that's just me.

I also liked the old navigation bar better... and now getting around is confusing... but please forgive the idiocy of a poor noob like me... *bows*

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

Hehe I am pretty confused to ember T.T I dont' want to lose access simply because I have zero credits...

I'm worried about gaining credits too... I can't submit any walls because I lack the skill to make anything nice in the first place lol, so the only possible way I could contribute to the site is by leaving comments letting people know I appreciate their work :P but if posting comments won't get you credits then, to put it bluntly, that really sucks lol.

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Quote by embershadowForgive me for appearing INCREDIBLY stupid, but... what purpose, exactly, do they serve? Why do you you want to limit people's downloads? Is it bad that we want to look at wallpapers? Or am I just missing the point here? What happens if you lose all your credits? Can you not access the site? That seems a little unfair to me. And what about the people that try really really hard to make a good wallpaper, but the quality isn't quite up to par with the highlighted submissions? Is it fair that they should lose credits, if credits are indeed that important?

Well, the reason why we have credits is to prevent stupid leechers, spammers and of course, rippers. These kind of people come to MT, sign up, do nothing but leech or rip without any permission. While we want people to look at walls and use them on their desktop, no waller or artist here wants their work 'stolen'. This is why we have a restriction on things.

If you lose all your credits, too bad. You need to earn them back in order to do the stuff that requires credits. You have to contribute to the community, or you will get nothing in return.

Ahh. the issue of highlighted submissions are the most popular and the best walls made recently. I don't know how the system has changed to choose the walls, but it looks far better than it did before. MT2's highlighted ones were solely based on number of favs, but now, it seems that it is more different. I don't think sheq will tell you how it works either - we don't want to lower our gallery standards you see.

merged: 10-28-2005 ~ 11:55am
btw, osi. 999? O_O
well, that answers my previous question! ^^

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Regarding Eunasahng's question, I would guess that there's a formula used to carry over things from before to the new system. It would not seem very fair to me for someone with a very high level that they earned through hard work on wallpapers or doujinshis to suddenly have the same credits as a guy who only joined MT a week before MT3.

Osi said he had nearly the max amount of credits, which is 999, so I guess it does vary depending on the old level. But perhaps one of the mods should comment? :)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

phamthuha

phamthuha

#Elemural Rainbow#

So that means low thread and post spamming will low your credit down? I get it. But about the skin, making skin can gain you credit or not? And why my skin doesn't appear the imagine bg like it does at the time MT3 is back +__+?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Quote by kuroimisaLike I always say if you don't go crazy you won't lose the credits.

That depends what is "crazy" for you :P

Quote by kuroimisaI honestly don't know how you would run out of credits so fast. Especially when you have been posting on this thread :P

Well, I downloaded a few scans. Also some of my credits vanished when I didn't do anything and that's a little strange.

Quote by kuroimisaTrue, but remember there is a formula to benefit those who actually write something meaningful. Don't forget that. Have more faith in the system.

I don't usually have much faith in systems, but I guess I don't have much of a choice atm.

Quote by kuroimisaThat's your choice.. .everyone's free to do whatever they want :) whether it is to leave, stay, spend all their points or to accumulate.
According to my memory Minitokyo has never forced anyone to stay. Never. Not ever.

Ofcourse they are, but I'm not a fan of the "like it or get lost" methods.

Quote by kuroimisaLol! Now that's a bit of a shame >_<

Hehe, true.

Quote by kuroimisaBut have some faith in the system, just a few kind words from me~ I mean no harm and I'm just trying to point out that there might be a few surprises waiting for you- really, I'm serious.

I don't mean any harm aswell, but I don't like this system so I wouldn't be me if I didn't whine a little :P Even tho I can't do a damn thing about it.

Quote by kuroimisaOf course there'll be the highs and lows... even a country's economy goes from boom to bust~ the tide comes high and low~ likewise these credit points will fluctuate :)

Perhaps, but I always believed that the main purpose of net forums and communities is simplicity and having fun, and that factor is getting more and more blurry with strict systems like these, at least the way I see it.

up up and away

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Quote by Kyoo69Perhaps, but I always believed that the main purpose of net forums and communities is simplicity and having fun, and that factor is getting more and more blurry with strict systems like these, at least the way I see it.

Well that's all that matters :)

I mentioned above perhaps if we think of an idea so nobody can exactly go bankrupt, then I guess you people will like the idea~ like having a bank or something. Beats me, I'm having a hell of a good time without downloading much :P

EDIT: i lost 0.2 for doing nothing as well.

But then I got rich overnight somehow... Magic :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Zerlingo

Zerlingo

Anime Master

I downloaded a scan for testing purposes and it cost to me 2+ credits. I'm afraid of uploading scans and that later were deleted.

This credit system have more negative points than positive. If you want to kick leechers and spammer users i would suggest a mix between level and credit system. There must be something good for all.

This whole thing of credits is not good. I'm reserving myself of uploading scans, previously cleaned and without noise.

Let's se how things change to a better situation.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

Quote by eunasahngi've a question. a simple question that doesn't really matter. it's just for the sake of my curiosity. i hope someone hasn't already asked this, coz i'm not planning on reading everything in this thread. seems quite a lot =P

my question is, whem MT3 came into place, did everyone get the same credits or different amount of credits depending on their previous activity on MT?

Since we had to choose a system, we simply used the previous acivity.
Anyway, people need to READ carefully before posting. the cost for posting scans and threads is a TOKEN cost. a LOW cost. Just meant to provide spamming....

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

wow i hope i'll be able to earn enough credits, i usuallly just post lots of threads, pray they arent closed and write reviews occasionally (im not a wallie maker kinda gal). this site's kind of like animepaper now, except more fair, because downloading ONE scan juzzles 70 "papers" which arent easy pickings to get in the first place.

"Submitting indy art and wallpapers: variable cost, depending on friendlist size."

I don't get what this actually mean...is it implying that if you have so many friends, even though you submit a high-quality wall/indy, then you'll get a low credit for it? What if you get all those friends because you submit great artwork and not by whoring?

I think its unfair... :(

see picture or wallpaper also nid credit?

so it means that one way of contributing is to submit items like wallpapers scans etc.?

Seygram

Seygram

Wandering Slacker

I can easily understand the changes made to MT since I have been a member for a while now, but taking credits away for just viewing them is a bit much isn't it? I find that taking a closer look at the page helps me to choose wallpapers. More often than not I don't even download the wallpaper, but to take away credits for it really hurts for a person like me who only visits the page once every few weeks. I occasionally go on viewing sprees and look at a whole lot of wallpapers and I don't go on MT a whole lot to get credits back. Is there a way you could at least change that much so that it doesn't hurt so much? Also,

Quote by embershadowCredits............? *is suddenly extremely confused*

And on a sort of unrelated note, I do not like at all this new post box. My text disappears on the side, which is rather annoying.

I also liked the old navigation bar better... and now getting around is confusing... but please forgive the idiocy of a poor noob like me... *bows*

I have the same problem, my text also disappears on the side. Could you possibly fix this? Its hard to tell whether or not I'm doing typos or not.

I think all that stuff should end up or be forwarded to the bugs section...

But on another note...I think this new credit system is worth the transition, I think it'll kill leechers or make the leechers more active people, that's about it, I think I'll conform to option 2

^^ Just food for thought, give it a chance and see that it works

Wherever there is light, shadws are cast.

how to gain credits ar?........pls pls pls any1 know?...if know pls tell me n all of us T.T

I love Minitokyo for its awesome wallpaper. There are better wallpapers here than in any other wallpaper website.

It's kinda hard to understand the credit system. I want to post something, but I'm having a hard time keeping up with the posts. There's just too much to read, because everyone would want to post to get points.

In a way, the point system is good, because it weeds out the bad submissions from the good ones, and I can carefully choose who is the better artist.

It's harder to gain points than to lose points... :/

I'm not liking the credit system because I'm a leecher. - I like to get my wallpapers and leave, forcing me to talk to other people only creates spam and annoys me enough that I just want to start finding my wallpaper from other places. I know now that when I run out of credits, I'll probably have to find a new wallpaper site to use which is really a shame because I loved minitokyo and used to advise everyone I knew who was looking for anime wallpaper to come here.

winged

winged

Nostalgic...

I was wondering if changing the skin would use up the credit? Coz i think my credit dropped when i changed the skins though...

Signature
| What do you believe in and fight for? |

wings

wings

~~Silent Killer~~

Quote by Sheqel

Quote by KimarisI guess this system replaces the leveling system but does that mean that all members can get the alternative minitokyo skin if there is still one?
An idea might be to create a sort of shop that sells minitokyo skins and other acessories (such as name changing, ect;) for credits
For instance:
A skin can range from 10 credits to 50 credits depending on the design
changing your name can be set at 100 credits or so.
expensive yes, but this way no-one will keep changing their names all the time, but when they have the credits and they want to change it, they have that option.
It's just an idea....
Anyway, The credit system sdounds fine to me :)

all skins are free, and there are hundreds of skins now :)

Signature

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 170 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.