Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you believe in god? - Minitokyo

Do you believe in god?

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 174 total items

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

As you may have noticed, the word god is not capitallized, and it will not be whenever I say it. I come to you today asking, do you believe in god? Why or why not? o_0
XO Personally, I do not because there is more proof against it, than proving that it exists. I hope however that someone out there reading this will have stronger opinions and reasons as to your logic.

lthnadml

lthnadml

Chasing shadows . . .

Yes, i believe in God cause i have the prooves that i need . . . XD XD XD

A nocturnal concerto,Candlelight whispers me where to go,Hymn of gathering stars as my guide,As I wander on this path of the night

Shadowlinex

Shadowlinex

Game God

I do not, the proof of my existence is enough. When I look at this world as a whole its a sinful disgusting place. If there was a god and I was him I would of blown us up by now. The human is a horrible creature in that the enviroment we breed into is rules by the greedy and arrogent.

The way I am treated is a obvious fact of human cruelty. We simply do not deserve to live.

That is why I do not believe in a god or satan. While the universe was forged by some Higher Power I dought it had the knowing that life was possible.

"Death means nothing to me, however death means defeat. I refuse to be defeated!"
Signature

Yeah I believe in God. Main reason is because I believe in the Forms of Socrates and Plato and I believe that He is the source of the Forms.

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

Quote by ShadowlinexI do not, the proof of my existence is enough. When I look at this world as a whole its a sinful disgusting place. If there was a god and I was him I would of blown us up by now. The human is a horrible creature in that the enviroment we breed into is rules by the greedy and arrogent.

The way I am treated is a obvious fact of human cruelty. We simply do not deserve to live.

That is why I do not believe in a god or satan. While the universe was forged by some Higher Power I dought it had the knowing that life was possible.

Thank you, someone with a high intellectual who agrees with me. It's true, why does god cause suffering? Oh wait, he doesn't, blame it on satan! >_< It seems that whenever something good happens it's always "thank god", but whenever things go wrong it's satan's fault. Not very fair is it? If god is so almighty why does he let bad things happen to us?

i dont believe in god. if there was a god he would answer peoples prayers and stuff like that. i dont believe in jesus too. how do people in the church know what he looks like? i dont understand.

yea i belived in god...(and i think i'm god) (so all that happens to me will be what i want..) well thats the way i think :D)
if you mean in that other of the bibble..no ..how can i belived something if i won't see it...well...at least its something to post anything lol...

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

Quote by Kenedyyea i belived in god...(and i think i'm god) (so all that happens to me will be what i want..) well thats the way i think :D)
if you mean in that other of the bibble..no ..how can i belived something if i won't see it...well...at least its something to post anything lol...

Ah, but you do not always have to see to believe my friend. I don't think anyone has seen god but yet millions of people believe in him, some very faithfully, others not so much.

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

No, I don't. Why? If God were all-loving, why would he make us sinful and then send us to eternal torture when we do the inevitible? ._.;

And there's no proof for his existance anyway.

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-Albert Einstein

Shadowlinex

Shadowlinex

Game God

Quote by XSuperstitionXi dont believe in god. if there was a god he would answer peoples prayers and stuff like that. i dont believe in jesus too. how do people in the church know what he looks like? i dont understand.

Religion imo is a tool used to enforce the will of people in high places. The image of Jesus and God look like what the leaders want him to look like. I went to this Christen youth group with so friends to win some prizes and when the whole "Jesus loves you speech" came around the priest flamed just about every other religion there was, He went after Buddhism even though Buddhism says they accept every other religion.

My friend believes there WAS a god, however because of human nature he has abandon us. I accept this theory too.

"Death means nothing to me, however death means defeat. I refuse to be defeated!"
Signature

lets say it other way...if god exist why ppl still fell lonely and some of them never find love ? ...well forget it i supposed if he realy exist god is supposed to share love (lol..i don't like how it sounds) and make everyone happy...
but in the world you can be sure everyone isn't happy..so he won't exist .
or he exist but he won't want make everyone happy just a few ones ?...
anyway we can't have god without a evil god (well..or a diablo XD )
the black is there for the white...and vice versa...so if we have god..we must have diablo too...in case we have god

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

Quote by Shadowlinex

Quote by XSuperstitionXi dont believe in god. if there was a god he would answer peoples prayers and stuff like that. i dont believe in jesus too. how do people in the church know what he looks like? i dont understand.

Religion imo is a tool used to enforce the will of people in high places. The image of Jesus and God look like what the leaders want him to look like. I went to this Christen youth group with so friends to win some prizes and when the whole "Jesus loves you speech" came around the priest flamed just about every other religion there was, He went after Buddhism even though Buddhism says they accept every other religion.

My friend believes there WAS a god, however because of human nature he has abandon us. I accept this theory too.

This abandoning theory certanly sounds better than the "god works in mysterious ways" thing. Sounds logical, or maybe god wasn't really god but just a normal person who happened to be popular around a certain time.
I also heard a theory that god/satan were imaginary friends for adults and children.

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Lets just say that for now I believe in myself. As for god... I don't really believe in the christian way, but I accept the fact that it could be true that there is a mysterious higher power that controles the universe.

up up and away

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I sort of beleive in gods I beleive in high force. But still without prove I don't totally believe.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

Quote by Lacuslover81I sort of beleive in gods I beleive in high force. But still without prove I don't totally believe.

Yet a lot of peope seem to believe in this god very passionately, just because some book tells them it exists. OX

AJS13

AJS13

Wondering Samurai

I dont believe there is a god, but I do think there is something there. I dont have a religion, as I find something about religions are wrong, and just abuse people. Religion for me is just another word for Cult.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Iyako

Iyako

Apathetic Insolence

I do^^

"Memories can be forgotten, but cannot be erased"- Iyako

EsunaMeggy

EsunaMeggy

Bubbly and Eccentric

I'm agnostic (by the way it seems like alot of people here are) and though I've studied several religous texts, I still havent found a religion that I truly believe in. So for now I'll just go on not knowing what to believe in.

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.
-Mel Brooks

Bado2025

Cutter

God really exists. And He's in control of everything. "I don't see God, so, He doesn't exists"... This speech we can win without difficult: If you're in airplane, you know that exists someone in control of the plane, but you cna't see him, right? But some people (the ones who WANTS to see the pilot) can see him.
You can't say to a blind that his wife doesn't exists, because he can't see her, right?
Well, the problem of "He abandoned us": Do you believe in Barber Shops?
You can see it, you can go to a Barber Shop, right? Well, if Barber Shops exists? why have people who have long hair?
You see? Is just a metter of choices you make. God gave us FREE WILL, we are
not machines or robots. He made us like amazing creatures that are loved By him.
Have doubts? Read the Bible in "John 3:16" (is John? Well, look for Jo) and You'll see.
God gave you the choice to be with him, or to be away from him, He's not pushing you against something that you don't want to do. But everething that you do will have the consequences.
And the only way to get close to God (who loves you) is Jesus. You can believe in me or not, I'm doing what Jesus told me.
BTW: Sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian, and if you speak portuguese I'll tell you all above, inside the bible.
PS: I'm Cristian about a year.

All right!

climbingmonkey

Climbingmonkey

i dont beleive in god for the same reason as many others, there is more proof against it. and science has proof. i could go into a huge explanation but i wont the simple fact is that humans evolved from apes, not from adam and eve!
the only thing that kind of sways me is the fact that the scientist who had evidence to prove it wrong ended up being a christian.

the greatest acheivment in life is doing what you have been told you cannot do.

SierriusBlack

SierriusBlack

Atheistic Debater

Quote by Bado2025God really exists. And He's in control of everything. "I don't see God, so, He doesn't exists"... This speech we can win without difficult: If you're in airplane, you know that exists someone in control of the plane, but you cna't see him, right? But some people (the ones who WANTS to see the pilot) can see him.
You can't say to a blind that his wife doesn't exists, because he can't see her, right?
Well, the problem of "He abandoned us": Do you believe in Barber Shops?
You can see it, you can go to a Barber Shop, right? Well, if Barber Shops exists? why have people who have long hair?
You see? Is just a metter of choices you make. God gave us FREE WILL, we are
not machines or robots. He made us like amazing creatures that are loved By him.
Have doubts? Read the Bible in "John 3:16" (is John? Well, look for Jo) and You'll see.
God gave you the choice to be with him, or to be away from him, He's not pushing you against something that you don't want to do. But everething that you do will have the consequences.
And the only way to get close to God (who loves you) is Jesus. You can believe in me or not, I'm doing what Jesus told me.
BTW: Sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian, and if you speak portuguese I'll tell you all above, inside the bible.
PS: I'm Cristian about a year.

..but they're there. You can talk and interact with someone's wife/the pilot. You can go inside the barber's shop. Can talk with God? No. Can you interact with God? No. Meaning that there could be an invisible pink unicorn in my backyard, I just can't see it or touch it or do anything to it.

Also, God gave us free will, yet if we don't choose the way he wants, he sends us to hell for eternity. Sounds like an all-loving diety to me. [/sarcasm]

A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.
-Albert Einstein

Quote by daos

Quote by ShadowlinexI do not, the proof of my existence is enough. When I look at this world as a whole its a sinful disgusting place. If there was a god and I was him I would of blown us up by now. The human is a horrible creature in that the enviroment we breed into is rules by the greedy and arrogent.

Thank you, someone with a high intellectual who agrees with me. It's true, why does god cause suffering? Oh wait, he doesn't, blame it on satan! >_< It seems that whenever something good happens it's always "thank god", but whenever things go wrong it's satan's fault. Not very fair is it? If god is so almighty why does he let bad things happen to us?

I dont care if exist or not ...however if at the end it turns that really exist well .... because is god doesn't means that he have to be taking care of everybody limit yourself to be thankful that you are in this piece of crap like Shadowlinex said, filled with disgusting creatures ....he gave you the life and with that he gave you the freedom to do everything you want so dont blame something that you dont even know cuz finally is not him who force you to do the things that humans do.....that's our own choice....
instead of like I said blame something else, blame yourselfs for not help it all.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I think there is one. But it depends where you think it lives.

Does God live in the sky, or does God live in your heart?

That's the only thing I'm trying to think about at present and I think it lives morei n the heart than anywhere else. Just my ideas. I'm of no particular religion so maybe that's why :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by SierriusBlackNo, I don't. Why? If God were all-loving, why would he make us sinful and then send us to eternal torture when we do the inevitible? ._.;

And there's no proof for his existance anyway.

Let's not forget how much EASIER it is for the world to be bad than to be good. If, say, the Christian God existed, why the hell would he design us so poorly in a poorly designed world? Why is it so easy to commit a sin? You'd think that he would design us neutrally. All religions are cults that come up with wacky ways to extract money from the ignorant. What the world needs is science, math, and technology.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next » 174 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.