Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you believe in god? - Minitokyo

Do you believe in god?

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 174 total items

cenocres

cenocres

a blind witness

that's a really good question!
first, i don't believe in religion: all texts have been made by humans, so not a divine thing. all the gatherings are ceremonies, so far from god.
but i can't deny that there is probably something after death. i believe in that thing. tell it like you want, but i think this i_s impossible that our souls disappear after death. that's why our lifes have any sense.
i believe in it, but not particular in a special god...

libre de tous ses carcans,
il se leva et partit vers l'ouest.
plus rien ne le retenait, maintenant

no. no i do not believe in god and i never will. i just don't see any point to it...maybe i just think about these things too much...anyway, that's just my opinion ^_^

animefairy

animefairy

Bored student

Yes....I do believe in God because He is the creater of the world! He made us all and loves us all! He died on the cross to save our sins! I believe that Satan is a evil devil that was once an angel who tempts us into doing sin! I believe in the Ten Commenments!

Thank you so much to soujiokita fro making my avy and sig! Mega thanks! *hugs*
Signature
Check out my userpage layout by Chichiri1907

FlameSummoner

Bringer of the Dark Fire

I believe that there are gods, but not one absolute god that reigns over us all. If that was so, then there would be one religion, not many different gods.
Even then, could it not be said that the "truth" that was spread when religion grew could actually be lies, and the "lies" that were told could be the truth? i.e. could Satan be the opressed one, and Jehova be the opressor?

What is a sane man in an insane society called?
-an idiot, for going there in the first place

Quote by alterlier

Quote by daos

Quote by Shadowl(...) do not, the proof of my existence is enough. When I look at this world as a whole its a sinful disgusting place. If there was a god and I was him I would of blown us up by now. The human is a horrible creature in that the enviroment we breed into is rules by the greedy and arrogent.

The way I am treated is a obvious fact of human cruelty. We simply do not deserve to live.

That is why I do not believe in a god or satan. While the universe was forged by some Higher Power I dought it had the knowing that life was possible.[/quote
Thank you, someone with a high intellectual who agrees with me. It's true, why does god cause suffering? Oh wait, he doesn't, blame it on satan! >_< It seems that whenever something good happens it's always "thank god", but whenever things go wrong it's satan's fault. Not very fair is it? If god is so almighty why does he let bad things happen to us?

I dont care if exist or not ...however if at the end it turns that really exist well .... because is god doesn't means that he have to be taking care of everybody limit yourself to be thankful that you are in this piece of crap like Shadowlinex said, filled with disgusting creatures ....he gave you the life and with that he gave you the freedom to do everything you want so dont blame something that you dont even know cuz finally is not him who force you to do the things that humans do.....that's our own choice....
instead of like I said blame something else, blame yourselfs for not help it all.

blaming another is just weak hearted. It's pathetic.

merged: 11-06-2005 ~ 04:30pm
no, im an atheist.

god is not physical, it's not even mental. We just make it as if it's there. so it's really stupid.

people that are fundamentalistic with religion and the higher power are weak beings who cannot decide things for themselves.

they are to guide you through life and make it easier for your burdens to go away. Like catholic with the pope. well anyway, it's late.. geez, im sick and tired of this religion shieeeet. so-- good night peeps. ^^

btw, christianity is evil, just so people will know. it's like a novelty for the humane society and god is totally like ghey.. lol

hm-- someone said that at the end if god did really exist... well if it's at the end, you wouldn't have to worry about any smiting from Him, the world would be gone before he could do anything! cuz it's at teh end o_O?

anywhoooo-- god is just a folney baloney crap. If you want to believe in him, ur welcome to, if you decide to follow behalf on your own morals and ideas of life, then stick to your true self. If you suck so much, and that u need god's help for every single stupid lil reasons then ur a weak fool who needs a crying attention from ur imaginary friend! woot! :D ..

really, i think talking to real people is better. They would actually 'RESPOND' back at ya >.>!

but then again, im liek buddhist-- i can follow some of its ideas of living-- which sounds good to me :D but the whole believing in teh god stuff is ghey-- so, i think it's not about g-o-d, it's about how we should live.

someone saiad to me, 'if u dun believe in him, then when u die, u won't go to heaven.'

really, i just think, with no god there will be no heaven? It's just a made up fairy tale, a mere folk's tale, dudes/dudettes! This is what I would say, 'i think anyone can believe whatever they want (I'm not discouraging you to disbelieve the reality of Him) and whatever would happen to them in the afterlife. IF you believe u'll reincarinate, then u will. If you believe that you will go to heaven/hell, then u will. if you believe in that god doesn't ever shave his beard, then go ahead, ur more than welcomed to dp that.

I'm so tired man DX bb

oh yeah-- how the hell do i submit in this website?

XxRagnarokxX88

XxRagnarokxX88

That one Mexican guy.

The subject of "God", if you believe in only one that is, is a very touchy subject. Personally, I don't care if one, two, or Zeus was our god(s). To look at the world with such a disdainful eye will always wield horrible results. Looking at the world through an ignorantly optimistic eye will lead to delusions.

To me, if the Christian concept of "God" was real;and I'm not saying it isn't, I don't intend to offend anyone, looking for a solution from the heavens without really truly fighting for change is just folly. If that concept is correct, then fine-- but don't just sit around and wait for an Eden.

As for "believing" in something, you have to understand that to believe in something is to wish for it. To pretend it is real. Instead, why not just have a thought? Think, don't belive. Have faith, but not in a solution that you won't make with your own hands.

I'm not an atheist and I don't claim the world is corrupt beyond repair. Nor am I a guy who preaches and passes a hat around. I have thoughts about omnipotent figures, but that what they are. I know I could be wrong. I know I could be right. But it's better to be flexible on things that are not provable and remain savvy on truths-- keeping in mind, that the truth you 'believe' in, might not be the truth of the universe.

It's easy to say the world is corrupt and humans should all die-- that we are worthless and incapable of more. It's harder to do something to help. Maybe everyone is a bit too lazy.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by SierriusBlack

Quote by BorisGrishenkoI bet you would. However, I have no intention of giving you the pleasure of picking apart a perfection on the mere grounds that I as a mortal am incapable of explaining it to your satisfaction.

Rofl. This made me laugh so long and so hard that it isn't funny.

I'm glad you find your shortcomings so hilarious.

I am invincible!

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

I don't believe in God or any gods, but there isn't any proof against any gods, nor is there any proof for them. It's all a matter of personal opinion.

I have nothing against people who believe in any gods, though, unless they try to push their beliefs on me and tell me that I'm wrong. When it comes to spirituality, you can't be wrong.

The point is not to waste your life wondering what happens after death, but to use it to make this world better...

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

I don't belive in god, if there was a god there would be no suffering in the world.

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

XxRagnarokxX88

XxRagnarokxX88

That one Mexican guy.

Suffering is something that's a part of life.. but I wonder. If life was nothing more than happiness, without experiencing the pain, would we really need to be alive? We would eventually need to die, we are mortal, but then we would have so much regret in leaving your haven of joys, you would be miserable in trying to keep it.

I find that happiness is something you attain through personal strif, making it all the more satisfying when you obtain it.

It's easy to say the world is corrupt and humans should all die-- that we are worthless and incapable of more. It's harder to do something to help. Maybe everyone is a bit too lazy.

ichi-ni

ichi-ni

VECTORMAN

well it is a good question, but for me i just believe on Destiny, Paradise and Hell, for the god i can't say anything, as many persons says, i just believe what i can see

Signature

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

I believe in what I find out about life. I don't believe in any god or an afterlife. When we die, we rot in the ground and then our body is recycled back into the Earth from where we once came. Deitys are just an invention of cult leaders. I believe in science and math. Those are my gods.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

MuseiRain

MuseiRain

Resident mental patient..

God yes. Religion no.

"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe."

anebir

anebir

^^~

err, actually i dun believe... (tho i'm a buddhist)
hmmm if gods really exists, which? since there's many religions around, we cant say one religion is more "correct" than the others....~~ in my opinion, if gods do exist, then heaven will be like a place similar to earth... there wil be mutilple races living together lolx.

nope!

Sthyr kurik pothoc cats mrith vargach garurt. Cats valeij. Sthyr clax molik. Sthyr valignat Cats. Sthyr dartak. Sthyr gixustrat cat aussir cat thric loex...

Yea, and hell Yea.

The evidence for the existence of a creator is overwhelming; im just willing to be virtually none of you have researched it.

godandscience.org

Quote by Bado2025God really exists. And He's in control of everything. "I don't see God, so, He doesn't exists"... This speech we can win without difficult: If you're in airplane, you know that exists someone in control of the plane, but you cna't see him, right? But some people (the ones who WANTS to see the pilot) can see him.
You can't say to a blind that his wife doesn't exists, because he can't see her, right?
Well, the problem of "He abandoned us": Do you believe in Barber Shops?
You can see it, you can go to a Barber Shop, right? Well, if Barber Shops exists? why have people who have long hair?
You see? Is just a metter of choices you make. God gave us FREE WILL, we are
not machines or robots. He made us like amazing creatures that are loved By him.
Have doubts? Read the Bible in "John 3:16" (is John? Well, look for Jo) and You'll see.
God gave you the choice to be with him, or to be away from him, He's not pushing you against something that you don't want to do. But everething that you do will have the consequences.
And the only way to get close to God (who loves you) is Jesus. You can believe in me or not, I'm doing what Jesus told me.
BTW: Sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian, and if you speak portuguese I'll tell you all above, inside the bible.
PS: I'm Cristian about a year.

"God really exists. And He's in control of everything."="God gave us FREE WILL"

and your barber shop explanation...i dont know, it might just be me, but could you explain it a bit more clearly? i think your comparison to the existance of barber shops to the existance of god might be a little off(maybe i just missunderstood what you said).

Yeah I believe in one all mighty GOD and I think that he is the creator of all existence, and isn't fair people say that they weren't created by GOD, our father ADAM was created by GOD without mother and father, Jesus was created by GOD without father, so if people believe in that why don’t they believe there is only ONE creator for the whole existence.
About why God doesn’t answer our prayers, I think the answer of your question is what is the reason of your existence? If you answer it I think you may find the answer of the first question
I believe there is a life after death, and life is a stop station where you collect your good or bad deeds and they are your tickets to your eternal life in Heaven or Hell
About Jesus, I believe in him as a messenger of God not as a son of the ALMIGHTY, and people think that he was killed to carry the humanity sins and ask God to forgive them for their sins, I believe that no one is responsible for my sins or good deeds except me and I’m the reason to get my butt to Heaven or Hell.
I hope that people should think deeply about the reason of their existence, and if the dead were awaken what would they advise the living creatures to do in this life.

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

I do not believe in god, and I most certainly don't believe in a christian style god.
Reasons for not believing in a christian type god:
-God is; all good, all powerful, all knowing, and according to some outside of time.
This means that god knew before he created the angels that he would perform some action the would cause a significant portian to revolt. Thus this so called all good creator undertook an action with the full knowledge that it would cause beings whose only purpose in existance was to worship it, to turn against this creator being and thus be eternally damned. So therefore god is all good even though he forced a situation resulting in the damnation of angels.
Being all good and all knowing, this being apperently created mankind, and gave man the abilty to perfrom such evil as is otherwise unknown upon this planet. So it therefore can't be all good, all knowing, and all powerful. If it was all three of these things then many of the actions that are undertaken by humans just couldn't happen. Take a recent example, the earthquake in Kashmir, if god was omni-omni, then it would not have let the nearly 100,000 people who have died as a direct result of this incident die. Or say the USA's torture of anyone it feels like, if the christian omni-omni god existed this would simply not occur, however as it has and does occur this means the christian god either does not exist or is not omni-omni, and thus a major tenant of the religion is completly false.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

I believe in god ! You wanna know why? There a plenty of reason to explain it...as ordinary human being that can think
logically, we can see what surrounding us... see the planet ,sun and other star. It move in there on line without collapse with other planet and from here we know that all of the
universe including us a created by the almighty...that is God!

We a giving the specialty to think logic not like other God's creation such as animal.

Do you ever think that...Who create us? Who giving us a brain
that can memorize thousand of information?

Sorry, do I go so seriously?

AJS13

AJS13

Wondering Samurai

Did you know God is Dog spelt backwards?
In Dog we trust

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Nighteyes

Nighteyes

Lodbrok

Quote:

Yup.
It's a matter of evolution. We didn't exist when the universe took its current shape. We come from other animals.
As simple as that...No one "created" us...

The sharper the knife the easier it is to dull.
The more wealth you possess the harder it is to protect.
Pride brings it's own trouble.
~Lao Tzu

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by Nighteyes

Quote:

Yup.
It's a matter of evolution. We didn't exist when the universe took its current shape. We come from other animals.
As simple as that...No one "created" us...

Completely agree. When we die, we rot in the ground.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

page 4 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 174 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.