Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you believe in god? - Minitokyo

Do you believe in god?

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 174 total items

Quote by ProgramZERO

Quote by Nighteyes

Quote:
Do you ever think that...Who create us? Who giving us a brain
that can memorize thousand of information?

Sorry, do I go so seriously?

Yup.
It's a matter of evolution. We didn't exist when the universe took its current shape. We come from other animals.
As simple as that...No one "created" us...

Completely agree. When we die, we rot in the ground.

I don't believe that when we die we rot in the ground. How can it be possible to evolve from other animals? think of it this way:

If we evloved FROM animals... then why don't we evolve INTO something else? It's simple. We were created by a special someone, who clearly made it so that a monkey stays a monkey. a dinosaur stays a dinosaur. A turtle stays a turtle.

But then again, if we evolved FROM another animal, then WHERE did this other animal come from? Something would have certainly had have to create the other animal for us to turn into it. Either way, something would have to be created by someone or something for us to have "evolved" from that animal.

You can't get something out of nothing. You simply cannot take a whole bunch of materials, place it somewhere, and exspect it to create something by it's self.

Yeah, that was a huge rant for my first post... Heh... (Ignore my typos...)

oceansoul

Soulless Automaton

Bah, just lost a long response to forgotten4everXx's post so here's a short one instead.

forgotten4everXx you seem to believe that evolution does't occur given your statement that: "a dinosaur stays a dinosaur. A turtle stays a turtle." Let me offer some examples to prove that it does:
1) Dogs; dogs evolved in response to specific breeding by man.
2) The seedless grape
3) Salmon; http://www.umass.edu/newsoffice/newsreleases/articles/13038.php
4) Goatsbeard; ("Three species of wildflowers called goatsbeards were introduced to the United States from Europe shortly after the turn of the century. Within a few decades their populations expanded and began to encounter one another in the American West. Whenever mixed populations occurred, the specied interbred (hybridizing) producing sterile hybrid offspring. Suddenly, in the late forties two new species of goatsbeard appeared near Pullman, Washington. Although the new species were similar in appearance to the hybrids, they produced fertile offspring. The evolutionary process had created a separate species that could reproduce but not mate with the goatsbeard plants from which it had evolved.")
5) Fruit flies; page 22 of the February, 1989 issue of Scientific American. It's called "A Breed Apart." It tells about studies conducted on a fruit fly, Rhagoletis pomonella, that is a parasite of the hawthorn tree and its fruit, which is commonly called the thorn apple. About 150 years ago, some of these flies began infesting apple trees, as well. The flies feed an breed on either apples or thorn apples, but not both. There's enough evidence to convince the scientific investigators that they're witnessing speciation in action. Note that some of the investigators set out to prove that speciation was not happening; the evidence convinced them otherwise.

As to why we haven't yet evolved, Homo Sapiens is a relatively recent species and evolution tales a long time especially with a lack of factors forcing us to either adapt or die. If we ever achieve colonies that are not on Earth I believe we will most likely see a rapid adaption of man to it's new enviroment.

Watch me fault her
You're living like a disaster
She said kill me faster
With strawberry gashes all over - Strawberry Gashes by Jack Off Jill

jlpg

follow the wind

i don´t believe in god because i don´t have things to prove his existance, also I think that the bible could have been writtrn by anybody like any other book.

life is not the same
without a friend to share

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

Yep I don't need a God either. Evolution is a very beautiful description and explanation.

Other than that. Have you ever seen that amazing image that Hubble took of deep space ? There are simply millions and millions of galaxies (that's not planets or stars.. thas galaxies). All of these galaxies exist in a tiny area that you can cover with a finger nail. Seeing that God is supposed to have created the universe just for us. Isn't the universe a fine example of over kill then. No conservation of energy here.

forte712

forte712

I see the monkey mind...

I dont believe in the existence of one supreme being who controls everything in the universe, but I dont think that believing in God is a bad thing, either.

Ii shoubu ni shioze! ~ Maeda Keiji

yo!
i just went through all 103 previous posts (no kidding) and found the non-believing is more believable. the fact that most of them give acceptable views, and sometime more concrete proofs about the non-existance of a specific all creator is convincing to readers. believers mostly talk about 'i believe god, because god exists' and that alone is not convincing at all. it would have been very interesting if someone who believe gives the real reason why he or she think so, for many of us to share. (in the beginning i was kind of expecting some 'divine' story or something of that sort. silly me :)
anyway, do i believe?
nope. not on this or that particular god (you bet). my short life is not meant to worship, to worry about death, to cowardly lean against a religion for an afterlife insurance in exchange for doing its bidding. no no, i dont want to be like that. i just want to live a good life, make most of it for good. why i dont believe? you ask? man~, i'm not interested to mention anything that has been told in many of the previous post. in general i have similar thought with most of them (non-believers). i do believe in something beyond comprehension however, if it is to be meant a God, so be it, so long not misunderstood as a symbol of a certain religion. cheers.

well I believe there is God but like some of you said that why this is a poorly designed world, there needs to be balance as there's also Satan..basically they exist in yourself, they're like your conscience..

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

lordofgamblers

lordofgamblers

wazzzzzzzzzzuuuuuppppp!!!!!!!!

yes there is a god and i hate the bastard there is a hell so therefore there is a heaven and a god in the end you'll only leave one hell to enter another

of all the foods in the world donuts reign supreme

Quote by daos

Quote by ShadowlinexI do not, the proof of my existence is enough. When I look at this world as a whole its a sinful disgusting place. If there was a god and I was him I would of blown us up by now. The human is a horrible creature in that the enviroment we breed into is rules by the greedy and arrogent.

The way I am treated is a obvious fact of human cruelty. We simply do not deserve to live.

That is why I do not believe in a god or satan. While the universe was forged by some Higher Power I dought it had the knowing that life was possible.

Thank you, someone with a high intellectual who agrees with me. It's true, why does god cause suffering? Oh wait, he doesn't, blame it on satan! >_< It seems that whenever something good happens it's always "thank god", but whenever things go wrong it's satan's fault. Not very fair is it? If god is so almighty why does he let bad things happen to us?

I really believe that there is no god. In Angels and Demons (Dan Brown), they say that disasters happen because god is trying to teach humanity. However, humans are ever-changing and are more capable of destruction. So therefore, we will probably never learn from are mistakes, so god is punishing us for nothing.

I <3 Super Smash :). Join the Super-Smash-Bros-Melee group!

Quote by RenorfetearYeah I believe in God. Main reason is because I believe in the Forms of Socrates and Plato and I believe that He is the source of the Forms.

Being a non-Christian Pagan, Buddhist, Shintoist, Hindu etc. type person I believe that
there is a perfect eminent source "God" that is productive, and overall good in a mysterious
manner. This source has avatars (like many of you fine people) that have human characteristics ex. Jesus, Allah, Khrisna, the Kami in Shinto. . . . I think they all exist, to the people that believe in them. This sort of thing trickles down to the human race. We all have both good and evil aspects. This is the polarity that helps us live. As to whatever one, or ones a person decides to follow, is up to them.

lol @sierriusblack+program zero

well its ok if u say yes i belive in him or not..but dont say stupid thing if u dont even read the bible.....

first af all....god dint makes a sinfull.....you little guy should read the first chapter..genesis i think...there u can read where eva+adam ate the apple and then theychoosed the way of the sin...god told us: dont eat from the tree...but we humans dont listent to him+go our ways..coz we thing this way is right.....and of course to go the big way of life its easier for us..but who says its wrong?...u´ll never have an easy life..NEVER EVER...and god told us that..but with his help we can go thru life easier..

you rlly should read the bible guyz..there u find all youre answers.........rlly.....

i agree, it's true, God created humans and gave us free will, it's just that in the end, it depends on if you have faith or not. the sin in this world was caused when adam and eve ate the apple from the tree. if God wanted to stop this suffering and violence, he could, but he isn't because it's all part of his master plan. Evolution is as well, unreasonable. what did we evolve from and most people would say something like monkeys are something, which can't be true. since evolution is a slow process, where are the in between skeletons that we evolved from. also, the paradox, "who created the creator", doestn' work because he's God, he was already there. since we are humans we can only understand so much. we don't understand why God was just there. it all in the end comes to faith again. and yes, i think you shouild go read the Bible. it will answer your questions. als there's this good book called "The case for Chrst" that book contains lots of evidence. Before you say that you don't believe, you should research on all the evidence that has been found which just can't be a persons doing.

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

There is absolutely no god, Yahweh or otherwise.

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

god is my saviour and believing in him grants me strength from anything

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

I think, there is no higher divine being. Otherwise, this being would prevent any bad things from happening.
I am from Bavaria, Germany and despite the fact that a German from Bavaria is Pope now, i left the roman-catholic church in October 2005.

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

i would give my life for god

merged: 12-02-2005 ~ 02:08pm
i would give my life for god

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

I am a none religious person so i don't believe in much at all except that sooner or later we are all gonna DIE! :angry:

Why is it that people link the existance of a god directly to the bible or other books? Those texts are written by people who did put their own thoughts on paper, is there any relation between god and religious texts?
Because of this fixed link, people try to disprove god by disproving the bible. That is easy, anybody can do that. But instead, try disproving god itself. This will be as difficult as proving the existance of god.
For the moment, I can explain a lot of things happening in the world with the existance of god, without looking to any religious texts.
As for the link god-science, it is fixed. The laws of nature are defined very clear, so there is no chance of opposing them.

I dont believe anything that can't be proved by sience. It's just that complex being like humans want to believe in something greater force behind actions. Prophets are just "normal" people with mental problemls. Also, religion is a good "excuse" to killing people. Those doing so dont even realize they're using religion as a weapon.
blah blah, ignore me, like everyone does.

Apokalypsi

Apokalypsi

Harbinger of Death

Quote by daosIf god is so almighty why does he let bad things happen to us?

There are some things we are not meant to understand. I believe in god because there is more stuff proving the bible true than not. I do not have all the resources, nor the time, to go into depth, but it is there.

Quote by Kenedyhow can i belived something if i won't see it

So you don't believe in the wind?

Quote by SierriusBlackwhy would he make us sinful and then send us to eternal torture when we do the inevitible? ._.;

And there's no proof for his existance anyway.

He did not make us sinful, we did that ourselves. Have you ever seen Bruce Almighty? It's the whole free will thing because he loves us so much. You know and can proove that he condemns us all to hell as much as I can prove the opposite. There is proof, you just have to be willing to look and accept (or at least be open to it at the time).

Quote by XSuperstitionXif there was a god he would answer peoples prayers and stuff like that. i dont believe in jesus too. how do people in the church know what he looks like? i dont understand.

He does answer prayers. Maybe they aren't noticable if at all, or maybe it's not the answer you want, but he does. About jesus, people guess what he looks like based upon the region in which he lived, his age, etc. like a cop drawing of a suspect (can't remember word).

I know I am not going to win anyone over by just giving our opinions. If and when you are ready, you will come. If you ever want to talk to me about Christianity, my PM box is always open.

Signature

Asahi

Asahi

gone

no i dont . i only believe in myself.

imo someone should be first believe in his/herself and than he/she can believe on something else like a god ..

of course i do !

luba

luba

Have A Nice Day^^

shore, i belive in god^^

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

Personally, while I used to believe in God, I've lost touch because of other Christians who use God's existence to put down other religions, sometimes even Catholics. I thought God all-knowing and all-loving, and respectful to those who choose different paths to take.

Its a pity that there's not many people who would try to stop these calls for everyone to return to the Protestant Church, as I have heard nothing good from them about Catholics.

page 5 of 8 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 174 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.