Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you believe in god? - Minitokyo

Do you believe in god?

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 174 total items

I think that this question is asked by every one once in there life. But most people just go along with others with their decision. Like when scientists say they have indisputable proof that the Lord does not exist people just accept it and never look at the proof. Also it cracks me up when people say Christianity is only to keep us all good little boys and girls, if that true then it would have been invented by Men ( sry girl thats just how it went back then because women were treated like objects) so if it was invented by Men, why were there suck strick laws on Sexual immorality, why unlike all other religions was there no prostitution in places of worship, why such strict rules on devorse. If Christianty had been created by man laws reguarding sex would be much more lax (because lets face it men like sex). Also unlike any other religion they had no idol, No picture of what The Lord looks like, every other religion had had an exact image of their "god". Now I know there arrgument coming, There are plenty of statues and pics of Jesus. That is just an artist interpretation of what Jesus's human body looked like. Now you say well thats just what the idols were. If those "gods" ( when i say "gods" i refer to all worshiped idols and all other celestial beings that are Not the Christain refered to God) could be seen and modeled why couldn't they come to earth and be seen. This is only the tip of the ice berg. If you really want Intellectual arguments for the Christian faith that answer frequently asked question read "Proof That Demands A Verdict" This is a college professer and 10 college students that looked at all the question and proof and wrote all the information into a book( I must warn you it is a little Hard to Read because it is College level). Finally I must say STOP saying that God created us to sin, That Is Just Stupid. When The Lord created man he never sinned but he walked with God. A fallen angel that had parted from the Way introduced sin. Also stop asking why The Lord lets us sin. If the Lord wanted to He Could stop us all from Sinning but I dont think thats what he wants. We live in a fallen world that is plunged into Sin. It is my understanding that all the Lord wants is Faith in him.

Finish

Acuatlly the book is called " Evidence That demands a Verdict" Its by Josh McDowell

SoultakerJustice

SoultakerJustice

Hero for the Future

Quote by Bado2025God really exists. And He's in control of everything. "I don't see God, so, He doesn't exists"... This speech we can win without difficult: If you're in airplane, you know that exists someone in control of the plane, but you cna't see him, right? But some people (the ones who WANTS to see the pilot) can see him.
You can't say to a blind that his wife doesn't exists, because he can't see her, right?
Well, the problem of "He abandoned us": Do you believe in Barber Shops?
You can see it, you can go to a Barber Shop, right? Well, if Barber Shops exists? why have people who have long hair?
You see? Is just a metter of choices you make. God gave us FREE WILL, we are
not machines or robots. He made us like amazing creatures that are loved By him.
Have doubts? Read the Bible in "John 3:16" (is John? Well, look for Jo) and You'll see.
God gave you the choice to be with him, or to be away from him, He's not pushing you against something that you don't want to do. But everething that you do will have the consequences.
And the only way to get close to God (who loves you) is Jesus. You can believe in me or not, I'm doing what Jesus told me.
BTW: Sorry for my english, I'm Brazilian, and if you speak portuguese I'll tell you all above, inside the bible.
PS: I'm Cristian about a year.

Yeah, I feel the same way. But, in my case its up to a certain point.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

But why did God give us free will? To make us happy? Being God he surely could have made it a rule that free will is not needed to make humans happy. Therefore the whole free will thing should be a moot point. Since God is all powerful he can change the laws of hte universe and make it so that only programmed robots can feel happy.

Quote by CyberDragoonBut why did God give us free will? To make us happy? Being God he surely could have made it a rule that free will is not needed to make humans happy. Therefore the whole free will thing should be a moot point. Since God is all powerful he can change the laws of hte universe and make it so that only programmed robots can feel happy.

What if he didn't give us free will? We would be merely mindless slaves. God is all-loving, which is why we just aren't his puppets.

God created us without sin and in His perfect image. He created a perfect world for us to inhabit. He gave us free will, which Adam and Eve abused. Now you may ask "why would God allow this temptation to exist in the first place?" Well, let me just say that we will never know His motives, but here is what I think. When He gave us free will, that included the chance to obey God and not to obey. Without having that temptation in the world, we would never have actually had free will.

You can think of this like asking a monkey a math problem. You give the monkey the problem of "1+1". Then, you hold up two cards and have the monkey choose one. One card has the right answer of "2" on it while the other has the wrong answer of "1". What would be the point in asking the monkey this problem if you only held up the correct card of "2"? It wouldn't prove that the monkey knows math. (Funny how this is a simple rule of science.)

Adam and Eve fell into sin, which became a perminant scar that all future humans have to live with. This world that was once free of sin has begun to decay due to sinful humans, not because God does not have the power to fix it! That is why the world we live in today is not perfect - it is tainted by thousands of years of sin. God has the power to destroy all sin in existance any moment he pleases. He will not do this because he is perfect. He promised us free will, thus he will NOT break that promise! However, He does have mercy on us and has given us a way to be saved.

God doesn't send non-believers to hell because He is some horrible diety who doesn't care about them. He sends them to hell because He cannot accept them into heaven! Again, God gave every human the choice and chance to believe in Him. If a human refused to believe, then God cannot save him or her. As I stated before, this is not because He doesn't have the power to eliminate sin. He is simply keeping another promise. Ever since Adam and Eve fell into sin, he promised to send Jesus to earth, who died on the cross to redeem the sins of mankind. However those who do not believe in Jesus cannot be saved by this. God cannot save people who do not want to be saved due to free will. Those who do, will go to heaven and be saved from the fires of hell.

--

Now, about the debate of science vs. religion. Let me just ask, how do you know that humans evolved from apes? Did you witness it? Science follows the same rules as religion, doesn't it? I notice half the claims against religion are excuses for other things. "No, a god didn't create us, we evolved." All science does is create alternate "possibilities." Science is based on theories and hypotheses. What are these? They are merely human-created ideals. How is this in any way superior to the ideals of religion? All scientists can do is rely on flawed procedures to try and fill in the gaps of our existance. How can a flawed procedure disprove religion?

And you want to know why religion is superior to science? You hear that little voice inside you? The butterflies you get when you're about to do something you know is wrong? The unexplained phenomena that not even scientists can comment on? I'd love to read a scientific explanation of good and evil. That right there is enough evidence for me.

[/superlongresponse]

Tinbad

Tinbad

Cold Hearted

Religion is something to keep people from going insane. Existance dosn't make sense... And if there was a god i doubt he would give a damn about what happens on earth.

And yes, just about everything can be explained with science, even the fealing you have when you are about to, or did something wrong, its called anxiety.
All but the beginning of time, there is no cause, or if there was where did that cause come from

merged: 12-10-2005 ~ 04:11pm
Blueink forgive me for being rude...
If god is real.
IF GOD IS SO LOVING THEN WHY DOES HE DAMN US THAT LOVED HIM!
I have been betrayed by faith... i don't care about peoples opinion of "god" anymore...

i dont know maybe. . . .

only in Jesus, no other gods.. maybe there are some other gods, but i don't believe in them o.O

it's rock lee in my avy, if you don't recognise him! ^u^v

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Quote by blueink
What if he didn't give us free will? We would be merely mindless slaves. God is all-loving, which is why we just aren't his puppets.

If God being all-loving and stuff knew ahead of time that free will would harm us ie wars and murder etc. Why did he give it at all? Wouldn't puppets be just as happy as people with free will? If not then couldn't God make it a rule so that free will is not needed to be happy? If God could not make this a rule then he cannot be all-powerful and could not exist.

Quote by blueinkGod created us without sin and in His perfect image. He created a perfect world for us to inhabit. He gave us free will, which Adam and Eve abused. Now you may ask "why would God allow this temptation to exist in the first place?" Well, let me just say that we will never know His motives, but here is what I think. When He gave us free will, that included the chance to obey God and not to obey. Without having that temptation in the world, we would never have actually had free will.

If God is perfect why did he make humans who are imperfect? Also the the earth isn't exactly perfect. It's even tilted a little on it's axis of rotation. There are like 365.25 days in a year why didn't God just make it 365 to make it even? That doesn't make sense. Wouldn't a perfect being make perfect creations?

Quote: You can think of this like asking a monkey a math problem. You give the monkey the problem of "1+1". Then, you hold up two cards and have the monkey choose one. One card has the right answer of "2" on it while the other has the wrong answer of "1". What would be the point in asking the monkey this problem if you only held up the correct card of "2"? It wouldn't prove that the monkey knows math. (Funny how this is a simple rule of science.)

What if the monkey were punish each time it picked the wrong answer (sent to Hell). It's sadistic almost cause monkeys are a bit dumb. The point in holding only 2 up then would be to not let the poor monkey get hurt not proving anything.

Quote: Adam and Eve fell into sin, which became a perminant scar that all future humans have to live with.

That seems a bit harsh and stupid. Why should we be punished for something we didn't do or had any control over? That's like saying because your ancestors had slaves we should punish you today even though it's been many decades since then. I don't understand this concept of the traveling punishment.

Quote: Now, about the debate of science vs. religion. Let me just ask, how do you know that humans evolved from apes? Did you witness it?

I have a heart don't I? After all I am still ailve. How do you know I have a heart? Can you see it? No but from the evidence such as a pulse and the fact that I'm alive shows that I do indeed have a heart. Science believes humans evolved from creatures similar to apes. That is because of the evidence not because some guy saw it happening.

Another example. Someone has a gun. You hear a bang. Suddenly there's a hole in your chest with blood coming out. You didn't see a bullet hit you but it's obvious one did. Unless you're willing to deny you were shot because you didn't see the bullet coming?

Quote: Science follows the same rules as religion, doesn't it?

No science follow the rules of the scientific method and peer review. For instance if you made a claim that baseball bats turned into cheese at midnight other scientists would check your claim. They'll follow your experiment and if it's wrong they will say so. It happens all the time. We all believed that the earth was flat until some guys showed it wasn't. Now we know the earth is not flat.

Religion has no such process. You believe in God because of faith. You can make any claims you want about God and it wouldn't matter what others think. You wouldn't care that the Hindus think that that is more than one god. You wouldn't mind that in Greek mythology that the gods communed with humans. You only care what YOUR religion says about God. Of course you can always change religions.

Quote: And you want to know why religion is superior to science? You hear that little voice inside you? The butterflies you get when you're about to do something you know is wrong? The unexplained phenomena that not even scientists can comment on? I'd love to read a scientific explanation of good and evil. That right there is enough evidence for me.

And you know why science is superior to religion? Science explains why and how things work. You think it was religion that invented penicillen? You think it was religion that invented cars and the very computer that you are using now? Sure maybe science can't explain everything but it certainliy can explain more than religion can. Give me one bible or religious text anywhere that can explain how planes fly or how a heart works. You won't be able to because religion doens't bother with the mundane like that. Why worry about how to do a organ transplant when you should worry about saving your soul?

You know in my case, I'm agnostic. I really don't know if God exists or not, if he cares about us or not. The only thing I know for sure is I'm a ignorant of a lot of stuff in this world. So I simply can't answer accurately. I live on my own.

I think faith is a beautiful thing, so for everyone who has a religion, good for you. I'd love to believe in someone. Lay my fears and my troubles to someone who would take care of me.

Meh.

I've read the bible, gone to church...but I can't seem to bring myself to truly believe in a perfect God. He gives us free will just to take it away. He tempts us to test us. He sends his Son, but not Himself, to die for us. It seems more the work of a willful, selfish God to me. Guh. But since I do want to believe...

Is it okay if I believe in an imperfect God?

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

hummm... the argument is assume true until false, or assume false until true... thus, agnostic means somewhere in the middle

-repeat-

Blueheart

Blueheart

Wapy's sister

faith means believing without seeing. if I prove you there is a God, which I can prove, I'll destroy your faith and believe me, faith is wonderful, such as God.
I'm from Portugal and travel once a year to Fatima and that place is magical. How can persons don't believe in God after saw such a wonderful place full of peace like that. There are the miracle of Fatima and the profecies, which all became truth.

God love us soo much He lets us do what ever we want to, like our grandparents, His love stops him for hurting us. If he stoped us from doing sins, He will not be a lover, but a fascims ruler. when you love someone, are you always saying him to do this or that? people don't believe in God because they are selfish and think only about themselves. I had study Biology and the teories for the origin of life, and none of them, for the more corrected ones, have all of the staff explain, actually, thats the missing part.

People are stupid. I had study a lot of mythologies and sciences and I can surely tell you God exists and Mother Nature too.

for an example, Jesus is not only mention in the Bible, but also in the non-christian Roman Empire archives, in the arabic sacred book and in a lot of other place.

I'm not saying I believe in everything Rome says. I believe that Jesus married Mary Magdalene and had children with her, when the Chruch said that Jesus never touched a woman. I need to know how to separate whats real from fiction. God wants us to be happy, not rulling our lifes. after all, if God was always helping us getting everything and being correct, our life would be very boring, don't you think?

To understand God is to be God, it doe nor compete to us.
God exists! Everybody knows it, but they are all very proude to admit it.

Signature
	Image .:Proud Hokage of Naruto:.

you know why so many believe in god? because their parents do...
its all about culture. when everyone else believe in god and your parents told you there is a god when you was a child, then youll believe in it too with a high probability.
But if you parents dont believe and you will be confronted with christians later on, you will just say: how can you be so dumb to believe in such unbelievable almost childish and impossible things just like that. Its just natural not to believe in god.
The more knowledge you have and the more interligent you are, the less you will believe in god.
The whole idea of adam and eve, heaven and hell, body and soul, heaven and hell,.... all those are too inbelievable for todays modern inteligent society. In the midage you could make money with stuff like that but the only reason lots of ppl still believe today is because auf their culture. you can be a good person even without believing in god.
heaven and hell = make ppl do good things
soul = ppl didnt know why we can think and we are so different from animals so they said soul to it instead of understanding that its because of our brain.
god = when ppl dont understand something they just say: its because of god, or god made it...
adam and eve = one example of a redicolous excuse of an explaination of something they were not ment to explain yet.
(the idea of adam and eve cant be true because we cant all be made by 2 persons even with the same dns because at least the adams childrens childrens would be mutants and die; + the fact that adam and eve is just redicolus)

merged: 12-20-2005 ~ 05:03am
Quote:
And you want to know why religion is superior to science? You hear that little voice inside you? The butterflies you get when you're about to do something you know is wrong? The unexplained phenomena that not even scientists can comment on? I'd love to read a scientific explanation of good and evil. That right there is enough evidence for me.

acctually there are scientific explanations for those things...
good and evil are no set standarts but set by society. you will think of the same things as good and evil as you learn whats good and evil from your suroundings. Im sure a psychologist and soziologist can tell you more about it.
Voice inside of you: you must be paranoid or your high believe in god made you creazy so that you hear voices. again a psychologist can tell you more.
Butterflys in your stomache before doin something wrong.
Its the hormantransmitter called adrinalin or something like that. biologist will tell you more.
now you can see that why it is, when ppl get more knowledgeable they stop believing in god.
sure science doesnt have the answere to everything, but because religion have those answeres by just saying "god" made it, doesnt make religion any more resonable.
There are just thing we dont know or understand yet and it will allways be like that, but that doesnt mean there is no explaination or that the explanation is "god"...

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

Why is it that we all claim to know something? Even this very claim I made, how is it even justified? And this one? And this other one too?

What do we all REALLY KNOW? Whatever we feel is real?

-repeat-

I have me belief and opinion but for now I will just ask some question once they or most of then are answer I will post if I do believe or not and why. To does that do believe in god if you want answer me the fallowing question or give me a definitions or whatever please do so.

1.Defined the word create.

2.Why make the word in the first place and us human? (was his that bored).

3.Where does he came from is he alone or does he have family?(well in a way we do know he does cuz of Jesus he's son but how did that happen? is he in a like us live and reproduce. But if you read the bible you'll know that no-one have seen him not even his son Jesus). So what then? (or I'm I wrong?).

4.why put us here on earth to live sin and then die, to then just wait into he comes to then live a eternal life or burn in hell. Doesn't that seem boring ? does that make sense?

5.what do you think of the bible? (Remember the fact that when you tell someone a story and that someone past it on somehow that story change).

6."god gave us free" will but why if we choice not to be with him we are punish for it ?

7.were do in your mind do you think gods live?(like in the sky ect).

8.why is it so easy to sin?

9.why be reborn but forget that we once have another life or been alive before?(I think this make sense in a way think about it)

10. if it is something create by good and god is good and he create evil then good is bad cuz why would good want evil on there way?(something like that Iâ?m a mess on this one).

ASK YOUR SELF
:nerd:

hellbomb

KaBoom!

i can never believe in something until its proven. i honestly cant comprehend how anyone can so blindly follow a religion without solid concrete evidence of a god.

....(_)_TNT_)----#
..(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
(_)(_)(_)_TNT_)----#
"somebody set up us the bomb"

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Quote by AmyFrust
6."god gave us free" will but why if we choice not to be with him we are punish for it ?

This the question that I love hearing the most in these kinds of debates:

"Why would God give us a mind to think with, then condemn us for using it?" Can you answer it? If there is a God (or god, or gods), why would he allow us to debate him, and why would he leave that argument to never be concluded?

This argument can never be won. The superiority of religion over science or vice versa can never be decided, because no matter what "facts" either side may present, it all comes down to a matter of belief and opinion. God can't be proven.

So STOP saying "There is a God, I know there is because I THINK THERE IS, and therefore, because you don't think so, you're stupid." Also, stop saying "There isn't a God. You only believe in God because you need a security blanket, there isn't a heaven or hell, STFU, you religious zealot. :angry:"

I have chosen not to believe in any sort of deity. However, I respect the beliefs of those who do, as long as they don't try to push them on me.

I do have one thing to say about Christianity, though (since, instead of being "all spiritual beliefs v. science" it seems to be, as these always seem to be, "Christianity v. science"): Why is it that someone could be a serial killer and rapist, but if he said, "I only killed, raped, and mutilated people that didn't believe in God" and believed in God and Jesus and all that jazz, why would he get to go to heaven by your belief? Why is that man any less sick and twisted and horrible beyond words than someone who did the same things as an atheist, or in the name of another religion? And why does the agnostic owner of an orphanage that gives children who were abused by their families an education, a place to live, and a chance to start at life--someone who is completely selfless and is trying, as hard as she possibly can, to make a world a better place, have to go to hell? It seems like a rather corrupt system to me.

I know that argument's been thrown out there a million times, but I have never found a satisfactory response to it. How can you believe something like that?

I cannot change your beliefs, nor can I prove them right or wrong, and would like to respect them. But first, answer me.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

snarzz

snarzz

kawaii deschou ^^

yes, but i have yet to deside wheather i like him or not.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I do believe in god , but i dont belog to any raligion, i renounced to my catholicism.

Darktekya

Darktekya

Anime Lover

I believe in God. He's righteous and true. He's the mighty one who created heavens and earth. If funny to see some of your thought here.
Some of you say: we need proof that God exist. That makes me thing about some interesting things about life, for example how do you
know that you think or that people think? Can you see their thoughts? If you talk to anybody and ask if has feelings or not and says yes
and they you said "show me", can you "show them". We can kiss somebody without love that person. We can love somebody without
that person even knows it. So which are the "proofs" that God does not exist?

Now, you can say "there is no God, we are so bad that we deserve to die and if there will be a God or if I be one I rather destroy
everything and everyone". Well, let me say thak God that you are not him. For people sometimes can be hard to believe that there is a God
but worst some people cannot believe that actually there is a merciful God, that undestand our problems and that have all the answers for
them. So that reason is just a justification full of personal sorrow.

God created everything and everybody, all living things. He is more than a reason, He's a real person.

For those who think that God causes suffering, unfortunately it seems that are misinformed. God gave us free will, so we can decide to
do right or wrong. So actually you cannot blame God for taking the decision of not been puppets instead of people created to his image and
similarity. I know that people do not like to take responsability for their actions, and mostly those who blame God or Satan are people who
cannot accept their responsability, so actually God does not cause suffering, we do. You say "Why he does not stop us?" well, because He
does not force anybody to do right, neither do wrong. But you blame God.

Others say that God does not answer our prayers, but that is not true. The Bible clearly says that He does. He has answer my prayers but
not my whims. God will never destroy somebody if you ask for such a thing. God will not even give you something that will destroy you or others
if you receive it. God will not do or give you what you want but what is appropriate for you, God is not our genie to fullfil all our wishes. He created
us, not we to Him. God is a spirit, so are you afraid of Him just because you cannot see Him or how He looks likes? Only brave people believe
in God.

If you believe yourself a god, I'm afraid that you believe also in fairie tales as real.

Some people think that God made us sinful. That is funny you need to read more. The Bible explains correctly that we choose to betray Him
becoming sinful, but He loved us so much (and still love us so much) that He send His Son to save us.

Probably you think God has abandone us. Well, guess what? that is not true. He's waiting for us. What would you like to do about that?

Other like to create crazy theories like ok probably there is a God that represents good and other than represents bad and there is always a
black for white. Well no my friends, did you know that darkness do not exist? phisically talking it does not, darkness is the absence of light. The
same way evil is the abscense of God.

God is not a product of your imagination. Actually we are product of his thoughts and will.

If you said that you believe in a "mysterious higher power", actually is not very clever. For example we know that electricity exist, but do you think that electricity by itself can make something move or activate something because the "electricity wants". No we humans manipulate the electricity
so we know that we are the geniuses behind the great machines and duties for electricity. So now think again does a "mysterious higher power"
can thing by it self? No. But God that is almighty was able to think about every detail to creat universe.

You can say also that "why I have to believe in a God that some book talks about". Mostly of people that says this statement have not even read
the Bible or investigate it, is because are they afraid to find the real God?

If you believe that you came from apes, then probably you should go back to the zoo instead of living in a house. Come on! That is nothing but a
fairie tale and also nobody has ever prove evolution, if we evolved (like "pokemons") then why did we stop? Probably our pokemo trainer was not
able to find the next evolution rock!

Also for those of you that says that you cannot interact with God, let me tell you that is not possible if you have no faith. God is a real friend that
hears and takes care of you. You said that he does not exist because you preffer to see beast of fairie tales in your imagination, find, God will
not change just because you do not believe Him. By the way God wants the best things for us, if you are not happy because you cannot do
"whatever you want" is because you are not doing the things the right way, then you are complaining for nothing.

Another thing is that we like to blame religions. Well let me tell you that God wants to have a personal relationship with everyone, but mostly people
are so lazy that they preffer that somebody else take care of their spiritual matters than them. So that is why there are so many religions and
people who fool other people because nobody wants to seek God by is own.

Well, there are many other things that we can share about this theme, but I think is important that you understand that God loves us and He wants
the best for us. Mostly of you that do not believe in God only based their arguments in your own feelings or thoughts, but you have not even take
time to research or experiment what really means to seek and find God.

God want us to believe in Him with our hearts so that way we will undestand and know Him with our minds, but mostly of us want proof to undestand
with our minds so probably we will love Him later with our hearts.

God is King, he gives the orders, we are the ones who need to obey. We prefer to do our will, but the true is that we are egocentric, unfaithful and
we do not want to obey Him. But if we allow Him to help us to reach the best, then all these things change in our life. But let me tell you that is only
for those who are brave and willing to do it. God will never ask you something nonsense or wrong. He is a real friend, only if you accept His friendship.

Jesus is His Son, the only real Savior. I hope that you all dare to look for Him, because nobody can tell you for real how it is to know Him, until
you do it yourself..

Can sin be forgiven? Cloud Strife

ishimi

ishimi

Mouichido kimi ni Itai!

God is our creator it is vital for us to know that becoz He brings us here we are an awesome fantastic member of minitokyo becoz of Him..we have different talents becoz He gave it to us..its a great priviledge that were heading on the right path together with Him..he makes us wht we are now abd going to help us become a ebtter person.PLS PRAY TO HIM ALWAYS AND ASK FOR HELP FOR GUIDANCE AND PROTECTION AND FOR SURE HE WILL SUSTAIN US!

and i just want u to know that His name is JEHOVAH!

visit my links if you want more reflections!
hope u do?
good day
God Jehovah bless you!^_^

merged: 12-21-2005 ~ 11:50am
God loves us so much!

"Do not become wise in your own eyes"

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Quote by Darktekyafor example how do you
know that you think or that people think? Can you see their thoughts?

Well what are we doing right now? Aren't we thinking? Making a debate upon the exitence of God? I'm pretty sure that debating falls under the realm of "thought."

Quote: For people sometimes can be hard to believe that there is a God
but worst some people cannot believe that actually there is a merciful God, that undestand our problems and that have all the answers for
them. So that reason is just a justification full of personal sorrow.

Are you trying to insinuate that atheists cannot be happy and are instead filled with deep "personal sorrow?" I think it's the theists who are filled personal sorrow. They can't handle the reality of death so they make up an afterlife.

As for the answers to our problems God still hasn't come up with that cure for AIDS and cancer yet. Maybe in a few more decades God will finish that up. Perhaps he's testing us in a msyterious way? That the suffering we go through now is a process to become better people? War, famine, disease it's all to prepare you for Heaven. Sadistic at the very least I would think.

Quote: God created everything and everybody, all living things. He is more than a reason, He's a real person.

This one gave me quite the laugh. God (should he exist) cannot possibly be a person. People are flawed. God cannot be flawed. Also should God be a person would he be black or white? God cannot have such flaws such as race. Would he be a man or woman? Again God being the supreme creator would have no need for reproductive organs unlike REAL PEOPLE.

Quote: For those who think that God causes suffering, unfortunately it seems that are misinformed. God gave us free will, so we can decide to
do right or wrong.

I don't suppose Hurricane Katrina and Rita were our fault do you? You think we chose to do that? (Well some could argue stuff about the levees...) What about other natural disasters such as Mt. Saint Helens? Do you think we freely chose to have a volcano erupt on us?

Also why did God give us free will? Didn't he realize that that would have been a choice which would cause the suffering of untold millions who suffered due to the bad decisions of other people?

Quote: Others say that God does not answer our prayers, but that is not true. The Bible clearly says that He does. He has answer my prayers but
not my whims. God will never destroy somebody if you ask for such a thing. God will not even give you something that will destroy you or others
if you receive it. God will not do or give you what you want but what is appropriate for you, God is not our genie to fullfil all our wishes. He created
us, not we to Him. God is a spirit, so are you afraid of Him just because you cannot see Him or how He looks likes? Only brave people believe
in God.

The Bible also says that the heavens are held up by pillars. Also the Bible says slaves can be bought from heathen nations. Bible also says that a rapist must marry his victim. What kind of idea is that?

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NAB)
"If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her."

What don't you pray for God to reveal to me proof of why I should convert and believe in Him? Not force me to believe but show me a sign that will change my mind about his existence? Don't you agree that that will be good for me as well as appropriate? You said God was a spirit yet earlier you've stated that he was a "real person" which is he? Persons cannot be spirits etc.

I argue that people who are not brave believe in God. That way they will always be under the protection of something greater that they. Like a bunch of skinny kids following a tall bully for protection.

Quote: If you believe yourself a god, I'm afraid that you believe also in fairie tales as real.

I'm not exactly sure where you got the idea that any of us think we're God. I certainly can't do the things God is alleged to do so I obviously can't be God.

Quote: Some people think that God made us sinful. That is funny you need to read more. The Bible explains correctly that we choose to betray Him
becoming sinful, but He loved us so much (and still love us so much) that He send His Son to save us.

So why did he put that tree of knowledge there? God knew beforehand the choice that Adam and Eve would've made because he's omniscient yet he still had the naivete to believe that it would not happen. Wonder why? Since God is God wouldn't he know that they would take the fruit? Why the hell would he put the tree there then?!? If he knew what choice would be made then why didn't he just make humans sinful from the start to save the trouble of going through the whole tree bit?

Quote: Probably you think God has abandone us. Well, guess what? that is not true. He's waiting for us. What would you like to do about that?

No I don't think he abandoned us. He was never around to abandon us in the first place. Another thing. Why should he wait? Isn't he God? Shouldn't he just speed up time to the moment that he is waiting for? Wouldn't that be a whole lot faster? Why shuold God wait for us?

Quote: No. But God that is almighty was able to think about every detail to creat universe.

Yet God failed to foresee the uselessness of something like embryonic gills in human fetuses. Human embryos have gills which do nothing useful (as far as I know) and soon disappear long before birth. And no the gills aren't for getting oxygen that's what the umbilical cord is for.

Quote: You can say also that "why I have to believe in a God that some book talks about". Mostly of people that says this statement have not even read
the Bible or investigate it, is because are they afraid to find the real God?

The real God is not a book. Besides think of all the errors the bible has. Even assuming it was true when it was first written all the accumulated errors of copying and mistranslation would surely distort God's true image.

Quote: If you believe that you came from apes, then probably you should go back to the zoo instead of living in a house. Come on! That is nothing but a
fairie tale and also nobody has ever prove evolution, if we evolved (like "pokemons") then why did we stop? Probably our pokemo trainer was not
able to find the next evolution rock!

My dear friend, you have not a whit of understanding of pokemon evolution. Only SOME pokemon require elemental stones to evolve. The majority evolve when they reach the right level.

On another note, humans did not come from apes. Humans ARE apes. They evolved from an ape-like creature. Secondly microevolution is proven. This means that all scientists including creationists believe in it. Macroevolution is an extension of micro and is believed to be true as well. Thirdly all living species continue to evolve. We have not stopped. Why the hell do you think everyone is worried about the bird-flu virus mutating to be human to human transmitable? If you didn't already know mutation is part of the evolutionary process. Evolution is still occuring. And yes in humans also.

Quote: Well, there are many other things that we can share about this theme, but I think is important that you understand that God loves us and He wants
the best for us. Mostly of you that do not believe in God only based their arguments in your own feelings or thoughts, but you have not even take
time to research or experiment what really means to seek and find God.

Why would we look for something we don't believe exists? If we don't believe giant radioactive rubber pants march on Mars why would we take the time to look for them?

I can also argue that you yourself who believes in God has not taken the time to find out what it really means to NOT believe in him. Aren't you basing your arguments ALSO on your own thoughts and feelings as well as your thoughts and beliefs about the Bible?

Quote: God want us to believe in Him with our hearts so that way we will undestand and know Him with our minds, but mostly of us want proof to undestand with our minds so probably we will love Him later with our hearts.

A heart is a large muscle. No thinking involved at all. It's function is to pump blood not emote. The "heart" you speak of IS the mind. They are one and the same.

Quote: God will never ask you something nonsense or wrong.

Is that why God asks Moses to put only two of every animal? Even when modern genetics has shown that such a small population would cause horrific genetic disorders later on in the offspring?

God is NOT real. I wish he were cause that would be a good thing probably for earth, but he does NOT exist.

wings

wings

~~Silent Killer~~

no i dont believe in god, although i do believe i have a guardian angel, i mean ive never been in a excident, never been shot or broke any bones. i even survived when i was about to be strangeld at the sec i was born. theres no doubt my guardian angel is the BEST :D

Signature

page 6 of 8 « Previous 1... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next » 174 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.