Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Resizing Skills - Minitokyo

Resizing Skills

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Impera

Impera

The Silvercloud

Does anybody can help me how to resize a picture (and with what program) so that the quality of the image does not get affected? In other words, how do i resize an image whitout havin it look blur or very pixeled?

Future does not flows in only one direction.
There has to be one which we can choose.
Signature

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

if your talking about like an Anime scan or such, you just Scale it to the size you want using Photoshop or related program, but then you will probably need to re-cg it, If you mean like an actuall picture (Photgraph) I really don't know.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

The best way is to start with a very large picture. Sizing up by a small amount generally does not incur much quality loss, but once you start doubling or triping the sizes, it gets pretty messy.
I remember a few years ago someone pointed out a program (or perhaps it was a plugin) to resize images with little quality loss - but I've since forgotten.

You need expensive software to Upsize pics.(correct me if wrong) But for downsizing you can use any image editor or I can email you a freeware resizer program that works wonders.

Do You like my tight sweater? SEE how it fits my body.

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

spline or image scaler ? claim to be good in upscaling

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

Impera

Impera

The Silvercloud

Quote by PTGif your talking about like an Anime scan or such, you just Scale it to the size you want using Photoshop or related program, but then you will probably need to re-cg it, If you mean like an actuall picture (Photgraph) I really don't know.

if i use photoshop for upsize a small picture, the picture looks very pixeled and blured. how can i sharpen it?

Signature

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Quote by Impera
if i use photoshop for upsize a small picture, the picture looks very pixeled and blured. how can i sharpen it?

Well I actually use the GIMP which has a sharpening tool. I am almost certain photoshop has an ecuivalant (sp?) According to google there is a Umask Sharpening Filter for Photoshop. Though when I have tried sharpening stuff I don't always get the desired results.

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Impera

Impera

The Silvercloud

Quote by PTG

Quote by Impera

Well I actually use the GIMP which has a sharpening tool. I am almost certain photoshop has an ecuivalant (sp?) According to google there is a Umask Sharpening Filter for Photoshop. Though when I have tried sharpening stuff I don't always get the desired results.

jsut for me to know, i have seen THE GIMP only on Linux systems, is there any version for MAC or PC?

*equivalent* XD

Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

there is a working win32 port of gimp

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Quote by Impera
jsut for me to know, i have seen THE GIMP only on Linux systems, is there any version for MAC or PC?

*equivalent* XD

There is for both Mac and PC and since version 2.0 has come out it is a little easier to use.
Windows version Here http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/gimp/
Mac OSX ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.0/ Though you have to compile it yourself since it is the source tarball. You can always PM me if you need help with that :). Thx for correcting my spelling man it sux.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.