Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are we all believing in the same God? - Minitokyo

Are we all believing in the same God?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Well, according to some gamazines I've read and stuff....and well, after reading about other religions despite being catolic, I've come to a theory that Christians, Jews and Musulms believe in the same god after all

Why do I say that? Even though we all have different beliefs, they all talk about almost the same things and they all talk about a similar Apocalipse...

What do you think?
I'm sorry if I put anyone angry ^^; it was not my intention...

If you're monotheistic, then you're probably worshipping the same God. That doesn't mean, however, that you believe the same things that everyone else believes.
Protestants and Catholics, for example, are both sects of Christianity, but both harbor different beliefs about what God does or doesn't find acceptable.

AJS13

AJS13

Wondering Samurai

I believe that to, they all have nearly the same things in there holy books. They just seem to do things differently.
They mightent like each other after what happened in the past, like with Jesus, how the Jewish kill him, so the Christans and Musulms dont like the Jews for that reason.

They all grew from the same area aswell.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Tatsumi09

Tatsumi09

Seeker of Inner Peace

They all believe in the same god. Each thinks their religion is more "correct". Kinda hard to prove anything though. It's like this quote I heard, "You believe because you want to believe".

But yeah, emphasis on the "monotheistic" = same god, very similar holy books too.

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

they believe in the same God -- Allah, God, Yahweh -- but the prophets are different; to the Jews and Muslims, Christ isn't the Messiah, He is a prophet.

Also Judaism is older; first there were Jews, then Christians, then Muslims. All three religions teach peace, not slaughter. The Old Testament in the Bible is actually the Torah (the Hebrew Scriptures). I believe the Qu'ran (forgive me if I spelled that incorrectly) is the same as the Bible as well, with some differences.

I know, Americans on this site must think I'm crazy, and the fundamentalist Christians must think I'm a Satanist -- which I am not, I'm proudly an Episcopalian, thank you -- but it's the truth. You can't study history with a closed mind, because religion plays a huge part in history.

I don't know anyone who is Jewish, but from my Western Civilization I class, I know that the Jews, unlike Christians and Muslims, do not evangelize -- they do not try to convert you to their faith -- because of their bloodline. Sure, they'll accept you if you convert, but they don't want you to. I am an Episcopalian/Anglican, but I may convert to Catholicism because the teachings of the Episcopalian Church and the Catholic Church are the same. I have one friend who is Muslim, and he is from Bangladesh. He isn't like Saddam Hussein, bin Laden, or Al-Qaida. He willingly reads Christian Scripture, he even agreed to watch Ben-Hur!

Maybe if we all open our minds a bit, we'll all get along.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Quote by minakomelWell, according to some gamazines I've read and stuff....and well, after reading about other religions despite being catolic, I've come to a theory that Christians, Jews and Musulms believe in the same god after all

Why do I say that? Even though we all have different beliefs, they all talk about almost the same things and they all talk about a similar Apocalipse...

What do you think?

Ha! I knew I wasn't the only one that sought my religious information from Videogame Magazines!

And yeah, the definition of "God" is kinda variant. I mean, how many omnipotent beings can there possibly be?

AJS13

AJS13

Wondering Samurai

Your only Jewish if your mother is one, your father doesnt make you Jewish, as you cant always know if your father is your biological father.
I love how other religions try and get you to join them, its funny talking to them when they want you. LOL

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Quote by blakeoftheskyHa! I knew I wasn't the only one that sought my religious information from Videogame Magazines!

And yeah, the definition of "God" is kinda variant. I mean, how many omnipotent beings can there possibly be?

LOL ^^

Quote by eXDream2K5
Maybe if we all open our minds a bit, we'll all get along.

sometimes, I wish everybody would accept everybody and all religions...in my head, iI think it must be very hard to convince a group like Al Queda or anything related to the Islam Jihad that God...or well, Allah doesn´t want anyone to be killed in his name (from what I heard, the do not follow the "actual" Quo'ran (sorry if I misspelled it) but even earlier roots of the Islam which differ in some things from the actual Islam) and it makes me wonder.....why?

Like many religions...like even christianity in the inquisition, crusades and the conquer of the americas where thousands were killed in the name of religion...and now in our world were we see thousands killed by these groups who claiim to be followers of Allah and they still kill their own...why do they do it knowing that "God says it's wrong?" and if religions talk about peace?

sorry if what I said was wrong....again, I don't want to insult anyone...

AJS13

AJS13

Wondering Samurai

minakomel what you say does make sense, why do they go around killing people even tho in there holy books, god doesnt want people to kill, yet you always get these Extremists who kill in the name of their god.
Only thing I can come up with, is that the Extremists are exactly what their name intends, they are extreme. They have to be always right, their religion is the only real religion in their eyes, so everyone who doesnt follow it must be bad, so they try and right their wrongs by killing them.
People who are Extremists are people who cant except other people for the way they are.

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Quote by AJS13minakomel what you say does make sense, why do they go around killing people even tho in there holy books, god doesnt want people to kill, yet you always get these Extremists who kill in the name of their god.
Only thing I can come up with, is that the Extremists are exactly what their name intends, they are extreme. They have to be always right, their religion is the only real religion in their eyes, so everyone who doesnt follow it must be bad, so they try and right their wrongs by killing them.
People who are Extremists are people who cant except other people for the way they are.

nyo...thank you....
then...because they are extremists....like any religion fanatic....is there any way to make them understand? I just wonder how in the world can these ideas get into someone's head and make them thing that killing is the answer?

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I think I beleive in the same gonisideiring the groups all do since they are from the same aerea but many would disagree.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

AJS13

AJS13

Wondering Samurai

Quote by minakomel
nyo...thank you....
then...because they are extremists....like any religion fanatic....is there any way to make them understand? I just wonder how in the world can these ideas get into someone's head and make them thing that killing is the answer?

Most groups brainwash people, they say that if they do this, and this, then they will be this, and remembered for doing that. When they die, they become marttas(spelling?), and will be reconised forever. This is one reason why.
They also tell people that the only way to get in to heaven, and truely see/understand god, is to do gods will

People will follow one man if they believe he can lead them to happieness, or god.
This is the biggest reason we have cults, and this is a big reason I dont believe in Religion.

I'm... inclined to agree. But you say Christians, Jews and Muslims... and what of the other religions? Paganism, for example. I'm Pagan... I'd say that a lot of people believe in the same 'force', but to say that every person believes in the same 'God' is going to get quite a few religious fundamentalists/extremists a little annoyed.

Kiriou

Kiriou

~**Cherry Kisses**~

Quote by minakomelWell, according to some gamazines I've read and stuff....and well, after reading about other religions despite being catolic, I've come to a theory that Christians, Jews and Musulms believe in the same god after all

What do you think?

Really maybe you sholud think about this for a little bit more time. So you will understand the answer of your question.

Anyways, different church's can believe in a different god. It's almost impossible to know the answer of this question for sure and for all. Because there is still very little chances that they could believe in a different god. But still, they could believe in a different god. So you can prove nothing when you have not even been to every last single church in the whole entire world.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

consider that most of these religion talks often one way or the other sparks a vein of anger to some, i am inclined to say nothing but agree with a reason that they all are certainly the same religion with minute diffrences, the reason is of course one, the similiarity and the time span. which could be designed in a way that back then, the western calendar was not promoted yet, and thefore, the time line may be the same but otherwise told differently, i don't know if this may be proven wrong yet or has it already been. but i believe this is the case.

i am an agnostic person, i don't worship anything or anyone in particular, but i have an inclination to christianity but i am not fully so. my official religion passed down and decided by my family is buddhism.

therefore, it is majorly believed to some that i am worshipping pagan religion in a way. i do not worship god, but i ahve like two different sets of neutral standing so i have to say that is the case.

as for the topic, i have to be neutral, all i am saying is that the possibility of Jesus and Mohammed are actually the same person, who passes by a time when the calendar is different to some dates until the official western calendar was pronounced and given to the world. the records may be wrong depending on the perpective of the said civilization that embraced the religion.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Noir666

Noir666

Headbanger Extrodinaire

I think religion is just something we follow to make us feel more comfortable about our end. God exist? Wish I knew. But believing in one makes death a whole lot easier, that is for sure!

Bleach filler > Naruto filler

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I think we all worship the same God. However I also think that we have great problem deciphering what that God wants. What it comes down to is discovery and research and openmindedness. Unfortunately many parties are rooted in a certain belief and refuse to budge from it. Christians may not ever budge from what is taught from their church, and atheists may never budge or even consider looking into different religions with more than a distasteful attitude and in both cases the person is completely closed minded and considers everyone else and idiot. I think thats the most degenerate form of thinking. If you can avoid it, then the answers will be more clear as you search. If there is a God, I know he will make himself clear if you openheartedly look.

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

No offense to some people, but yeah...I do believe that if there really is a god, it's probably the same one. In the cases of Muslims, Jews, Christians, Catholics and all branches in between, I think it's safe to say that their god is probably the same one (correct me if I'm wrong, but...if I recall, the "holy land" of the Jews is also the Muslims...right? 0_0) Because religion's so old, it's not surprising to find branches of it in variations...and it's no surprise that people's idea on how god looks like sorta reflects themselves (ie. Buddha is Chinese like most of his believers, Jesus has white skin...etc).

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

Quote by Sallyf322(correct me if I'm wrong, but...if I recall, the "holy land" of the Jews is also the Muslims...right? 0_0)

I think it's me complicated ^^;;;;;
remember Moses and the 40 days in the desert? ^^;;;; and well, saddly, and I don't want to really talk about it since it will trigger "polemic" here at MT....Israel to Islam's beliefs isn't good....i'll leave my comment like that.....someone correct me if i'm wrong buuu ^_^'

PD: Israel isn't bad either, i declare myself neutral (at nobody's favor).....I think that side of war is a missunderstanding that goes from bibblical times ;_;

could we all just get along? ;_; plays: "why can't we be friends"...smashmouth ver. optional

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Well, I believe that Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are all related. They share some history but for some reason, all three just cannot get along. Jews and Muslims cannot get along and Christians and Muslims cannot get along and Jews and Christians cannot get along. I never understood why. I think it's all just really stupid. This three-way holy war is all just stupid. Other religions believe in different things. I happen to be an Atheist by the way.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

Gressini

Gressini

Tokimeki No Hakumi

Religion is just for formality.
i don't believe in any God or something like that.
i only believe in Human will's power.

'Signature Image'
Tokimeki No Hakumi

saiyukifan

saiyukifan

GOMENASAI EVERYONE. :(

I guess all the religions have the same Gods... but the religious people of each religion just interpret it in another way. The stories of some religions are quite the same...

Signature
Sunlight is what I want, but sunlight ignores me... I wish I would someday be freed from this darkness by someone who will love me forever and ever... no more pain at all with him... no more pain and tears... because I will love him...
~thanks to~
k1ru for my ava and sig! ^_^

Quote by Sallyf322No offense to some people, but yeah...I do believe that if there really is a god, it's probably the same one. In the cases of Muslims, Jews, Christians, Catholics and all branches in between, I think it's safe to say that their god is probably the same one (correct me if I'm wrong, but...if I recall, the "holy land" of the Jews is also the Muslims...right? 0_0) Because religion's so old, it's not surprising to find branches of it in variations...and it's no surprise that people's idea on how god looks like sorta reflects themselves (ie. Buddha is Chinese like most of his believers, Jesus has white skin...etc).

It ancient times, when the cultures of the world were extemely isolated from another. It was easy to think that if a person looks different, and thinks different, then they must have come from a different creator. Now that we have technology, and the worlds people are closer than ever we see we are not really all that different. (see space anime like Macross for examples)
The approachable aspect of "God" only exists in our heads, other than that its like trying to look at all the stars in the sky at once. Just this epic thing. All I can say is that science proves that we are all geneticly 99.98's the same person. In general, we are scientifically more compatible than cars. (p.s Just a reminder the Buddha isn't a God like Jesus, and there are thousands of them not just the hefty one found in Chinese resturants!)

F*** no... Some of us do not believe in any God at all. And there is a $ God.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 32 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.