Samurai Deeper Kyo: Manga Purists!

Tagged under Samurai Deeper Kyo

page 1 of 1 15 total items

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Cancel

Possibly one of the most upsetting occurences in any otaku's life is when a favorite manga gets animated and the final product chucks not only the orignal compelling storyline, but also sells short on art quality! :angry: I can't think of any anime recently that has upset me more than the animated version Samurai Deeper Kyo. I mean, i could make allowances for the fact that the manga was nowhere near complete when the anime series production began, but for them to completely screw around with the plot like they did just ticks me off.
I'm considering a petition for them peoples who make anime to start from scratch and "do it right."

For one, the following the original story would be a fantastic start... -_-' Also, there's so many more characters to have fun with!
I wonder which studio would be best suited to make a new and improved SDk anime.

Signature

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

Cancel

LMAO, definitely agree with you on the the animated version of SDK... i never found an anime that dissapointed me more than this one ^_^' and yet, i just love the manga... obviously >.< and yeah, what they did with the story was definitely pathetic... come on, what were those ugly, snake-like creatures about? there's no such thing in the manga version >.< though, i didn't mind about Migeira's appearance... even if he didn't seem to quite fit in the SDK universe ^_^'

yeah... they should redo it from scratch, but i have no idea which other studio could do it right... well, maybe they'll do it someday... <-- hopeful

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

Cancel

wooah! sempai, ur still alive! yatta! well alot of our fellow members and friends have left MT for its new BETA version! they just couldn't wait until all of the technical problems were done ~_~....
tonikaku...regarding ur thread...hmmmmm, i am definetely going to watch SDK soon, i'm not sure about the manga, u seem to be a reader rather than a watcher! i'm not really into mangas that much, mayb cuz i don't read :P.....
and i know what ur talkin about, regarding InuYasha, the anime started while the manga was still going! therefore, they had to end the anime with "a first season"! :sweat: ...and trust me, there are allllot of filler episodes that are really so much out of the storyline!
They also started the Bleach Anime Series b4 its manga was done with! i dunno wassup with that!
neway...nice seeing you again sempai!
bai bai!
Leo

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

hrm... i've heard that the anime series wasn't good at all... i told my friend how great SDK was, forgetting to mention that i was refering to the manga... he dLed the first episode and now refuses to read the manga... :sweat:

it would be great to see an anime series that actually followed the storyline of the manga tho... i'll sign your petition sylvacoer-san! :D

Signature Image

b3nitora

b3nitora

Rehab is for Quitters!!

Cancel

Oh did they ever butcher it! Luckily I was drunk the entire time I watched it, so I didnt break a TV or anything! Sadly my brother LOVES it! ::beats up brother:: I keep telling him to read the manga but I do belive the genius has drank himself illiterate. They really should do it right! Hell, if they did it right the first time they wouldnt have to do it again, those lazy bit*hes! Its so funny, my one friend keeps looking for Megeria in the manga...I keep trying to tell him that he is not in existance...maybe he'll do a cameo but he just aint there, never was, never will. The whole making up people and beasts that just arnt there was another wopping flaw. If I was Kamijyo-sama I'd smack the $hit out of all the mofos that upchucked such a great manga into such a lacking anime.

Signature
"I said No to drugs, but they would'nt listen."

Mant

Title? What's this?

Cancel

I have seen only a few episodes of the anime, is it so different from the manga?

I know that the transmigration manga--->anime often change things, but they modified even the base story? o.O

Signature Image Ai

sylvacoer

sylvacoer

The Narrator

Cancel

Quote by MantI have seen only a few episodes of the anime, is it so different from the manga?

I know that the transmigration manga--->anime often change things, but they modified even the base story? o.O

Oh, heck yes! There was no such thing as 'Kenyou' in the manga - it's samurai with demonic skillz, but no actaul demons. Plus, the real villains are the Mibu and they... *urk!* (Can't say anymore because it would be a spoiler for anyone who's not read the manga!)

and the art is much, much better in the manga, if you dare compare the anime to it, I would have to beat you.

Signature

Cancel

me thinks its good for those who didnt read the manga...
since we read the manga and noes the storyline.. of course its a big let-down..
but me wont vote for re-do the anime..
me feels that the manga is good enuff and dun want another let-down from crappy animes with the same title..

Signature

Cancel

I didn't like much the manga... well except the beginning that was funny. But thanks to the anime, I dislike more the manga... and well the manga has also lost its funnyness so...

Signature

• Nov 07, 2005

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

Cancel

Quote by sylvacoerPossibly one of the most upsetting occurences in any otaku's life is when a favorite manga gets animated and the final product chucks not only the orignal compelling storyline, but also sells short on art quality! :angry: I can't think of any anime recently that has upset me more than the animated version Samurai Deeper Kyo. I mean, i could make allowances for the fact that the manga was nowhere near complete when the anime series production began, but for them to completely screw around with the plot like they did just ticks me off.
I'm considering a petition for them peoples who make anime to start from scratch and "do it right."

For one, the following the original story would be a fantastic start... -_-' Also, there's so many more characters to have fun with!
I wonder which studio would be best suited to make a new and improved SDk anime.

totally agree! they left out what made SDK really good!
what happened?
i can't believe they left out MAIN CHARACTERS! that's unacceptable! totally wrong!
however if you watched the anime before the manga, you would think the anime is brilliant... because that's what happened to me. but then i read the manga...
SDK anime is really really bad...

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

• Nov 12, 2005

platt

platt

Dreamer

Cancel

Must agree on that the anime was a big dissapointment. The animation sucked, the story sucked. The only good thing was the backgrounds, maybe because they didn't have to move. I have only read the first volume, but i was shocked by how much better it was! Good that the kenryos aren't in the main story, really hated them.

"Your god person puts an apple tree in the middle of a garden and says:
- Do what you like guys, oh, but don't eat the apple.
Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha"."

• Nov 12, 2005
Cancel

I'll love to see them remake SDK and follow what Akimine-sensei came up with in the manga instead. I don't care if the anime is going to be like 13812094829038 episodes long. As far as I'm concerned, if they are going to follow exactly what Akimine-sensei have in the manga, then the longer the anime the better! XD

Cancel

I love the manga.
I think the manga hasn't complete yet, has it?
The manga is much better than the anime!
Manga art is much better too!
And about the story, I think you've realize which one is better...
But it seems often happen in anime based on manga.
I hope they'll make the remake follow the original story!
That'll be better.

• Dec 18, 2005
Cancel

And what the **** is up with Bon getting 1 scene, and he was part of the Sanada 10...

• Apr 14, 2007
Cancel

Please! Dear God! Find someone who loves this story as much as we do to find it in their hearts to redo the animation! I mean, what the hell was that at the end!? And they totally missed out the Shinrei/Hotaru brother relationship!
Long live the Manga and the imagination of the people who read it!

• May 04, 2008

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.