Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My Own Anime - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Ok, I've been contemplating the making of my own anime movie clip for a while now.

I've laid down the ground work for it already. I've developed penci, ink, color, and other various skills. Let's just say I have the skills front covered, BUT I sat down with a calculator, and I dunno... I was wondering if there's anyone out there that has done an anime. I'd like to get some experience with backgrounds. BGs are so freakin' tedious.

Math:

5 minute animation clip
25 frames per second

5 min = 7500 frames!!!!

I kinda have a solution for characters.
>3D Max

or

>Bite the bullet and draw my hands off... -_-

Solution for background.
>Take real picture, and use photoshop filter to render it into a pencil drawing, then color the drawing. (Best solution I'm with thus far)

>Cheat... use one BG and don't move (Crappy quality)

>Use a combination of blur and filters to render a real video image into a false one... keeps the color (Quality is semi crappy)

>Last resort... draw each frame by hand... LOLz... no way

So? Is there a trick out there to help me?

Leonryushin

Leonryushin

L33TP4ND4

are you going to put it up for download???

May the Woot be with you!

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Search for background cels from various anime. BG cels are usually pretty cheap from what I've seen, and if they're large enough you can pan it and use it for several seconds to minutes.
It depends on your choice of scenes. If you draw a bg large enough then like a cel you can pan it or zoom around or shift the background to create "motion" without more drawings.
And then, there are always speed lines.
If you're comfortable using vector software, you can draw your characters in vectors and use tweens (to use Flash terminology) to create motion (such as flapping hair) by changing only small portions of the image.
(edit)
I haven't personally done any animation but three friends of mine went through a traditional animation class where they produced at 15-second piece. They had to draw a LOT to do that... so hand drawing every frame should definately be a last resort! And coloring.... whooo, boy.

Ayreon

Ayreon

Obscene

25 fps, you wimp. I animate at a strict 30-60 fps. Hello Macromedia Flash.

This is the dawn of time
I am the first to stand
Looking through the eyes of the primal man
This is the dawn of time
Witnessing the birth
I am the first man on earth

bunnywunny_

bunnywunny_

Illustrator/Designer

Oo wow, I wanna see~! You have to show us when you're done! =D

DJ-of-E

Le

i gotta see this for myself.

midiman

midiman

mysterious

I had a crazy idea of making an anime as well... In fact, I'm doing one for my Japanese semester project where we have to present in class. Not sure how far I'll get considering the time I spend drawing one frame -_-... My friend's making me draw the characters, do the backgrounds and compose the music so I don't think I can ever finish this thing...

For conversations, I would just draw one frame and animate the mouth. Simplify your character designs as much as possible if you're planning to draw them, but I see you're choosing to 3d model them instead. For backgrounds I look at a real pictures and quickly sketch them in Photoshop. I'd suggect getting a copy of Adobe After Effects if you don't already own one.

These pages may help, I dunno... http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~ccs50140/works/minori_wind/index.html
http://www2.odn.ne.jp/~ccs50140/works/minori_bsf/index.html

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Yes put it up for download when your done it sounds like an interesting project

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

biriwilg

Retired Moderator

biriwilg

+indie mod+

From what I've heard, I think anime typically only animates at around 8 frames per second. The point of anime is that it's cheap to make, as all that moves is characters mouths. XD

Hibari

Hibari

Liz

25fps should be good considering 24fps is a film standard :)

tokicho

tokicho

i shall snatch ur candy!

wow... i wanna see it too...
whats it gonna be about?

jump up and down and scream like a monkey!
midi itty bitty adventure, midi itty midi adventure, ya!

Wow... those links were awesome! Thankx ^_^

8fps? Hmm...

Top on my list: 3D & Shortcuts... lots of shortcuts

Of course ^_^ I'll put it up for DL.

To Do List:

>Story (Semi-finished) But my 5 minute clip will probably go more along the lines of a trailer

>Characters Design (LOLz... crazy... workin' workin' workin')

>Set (Still in "test" phase)

>3D (OMG... set render and come back after lunch {for a 7 sec clip of simple block creatures})

>Sound (Uh... what sound?)

PTG

Firripu-Daioh

Oh I remembered something kind of interesting today about frames, I have a friend who makes Lego movies that are 8fps and they turn out quite nice actually. Also Professional films and such usually run at 24 fps. And I heard someplace that your eye can't see much faster than 70 fps. Yes thats all the uselss info I have today

"If I went around saying I was an Emporer, just because some moistened bink had lobbed a scimitar at me,they'd put me away." (Dennis - Monty Python and the Holy Grail)

Wow. Put it up, boy!

I wann asee it!

mr-freakybig

Mr_Freakybig

well, you got this 3Dmax stuff worked out pretty well, but try to
pull off a GOOD cellrender okay. Don't make it look like
submarine6 allrighty haha :).. 3dmax isnt always the best solution because there
are lots of BETTER renderers out there. My favourite is Cinema4d.
Which has a beatiful cell and cartoon style render plugin.

Other than that youre on your way. If you wanna cheat time.
I suggest hire more people to work on the inking :)

Akiravinoe

Akira

Where can i download it?

why so complicate at the start? you could try some simple figure first since it's your first animation. even stick man with good action is good animation

tele-fragd

tele-fragd

Cheeky Peach <3

Quote by PTGOh I remembered something kind of interesting today about frames, I have a friend who makes Lego movies that are 8fps and they turn out quite nice actually. Also Professional films and such usually run at 24 fps. And I heard someplace that your eye can&#39;t see much faster than 70 fps. Yes thats all the uselss info I have today

Please don't start this "eye can only see x fps" debate again >.< The human eye doesn't work like that, there's no way you can say that it sees "a max of x fps".

Homer: Pffft English. Who needs that? I'm never going to England.
Mr Largo: Lisa, do you find something funny about the word "tromboner"?
-------------------------------------

//My Anime Collection

Quote by furi-kuriwhy so complicate at the start? you could try some simple figure first since it&#39;s your first animation. even stick man with good action is good animation

^_^ I figure, since I kinda know what the process involves, I might as well go with the real deal. Actually, this 5 minute clip is a 'simplified' start O_O. I've actually learned a few tricks in the last few days that solves my background problem.

One word... "Space!"

Look what I've made for another project I'm working on with some of my friends.

http://www.saturnport.com/nia/AOD.jpg

Yes, I made that. It's not composed of something I downloaded from somewhere either. I actually made every layer of the scene, even each star. On PS... ^_^

The problem is not complexity. It's time. I'm working on so many different projects at once. I'm also a student, so you know how that is <_<. Plus, I work and do research. Lolz... full plate.

Jet

Matybe i can help if interested.
Im taking classes at 3dmax and can prolly help.
Im not your average pixar studio worker and really just a n00b.
But just call if you want.

^_________________^
Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind. My first priority right now is to finish with this school stuff. Once summer vacation hits, I'll be able to divert more time into my hobbies. ^_^

Then, I can establish a proper schedule for doing all this.

dunno if anyone has said it already but, look at animes, they dont have 25fps on the character animations, and also when they talk or do anything where it is posible for them to stand still they often do, AND they use the same posture alot of times.

put a gun to my head and paint the wall with my brain.
http://p8riot.deviantart.com

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Many people wanted to do this, but where are the results? I foretell that you won't create any anime.

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

A valid assumption ^_^. I agree, where are my results?

If you must know, I'm still debating on whether or not to buy a real movie maker software to arrange my frames. I will need to make this legal for the release.

If you want to see the project I'm working on with some friends, goto http://www.allianceofdarkness.com there's a trailer. LOLz... note the scripts, 3D models, music, and a whole mountain worth of work that needs an entire team's worth of effort over a year to put together.

No one ever said animation was easy, especially when we all have day jobs.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 43 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.