Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Your thoughts on Cosplay? - Minitokyo

Your thoughts on Cosplay?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Personally I'd never dress up as an anime character no matter how much I liked them, but there are those costumes which catch my eye because they are actually really well done hehe. Cosplay can look cool if the costumes are spectacular, but I still wouldn't be caught dead dressed up as Kakashi or something lol.

How about you guys... would you ever dress up as an anime character?

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

I think its cool and I would like to realy cosplay Kenshin! Or Maes Hughes from Fullmetal Alchemist.

Signature Image

champ0342

champ0342

Anime's Beeotch

it really all comes down to the person dressing up. they make it believable or not

Signature
www.transluscent.net/perspective/
Gain a little Perspective

FireflyStar

*bonk*

it actually looks really really fun to me... except i probably wouldn't dress up as an anime character unless i was really confident about it. i've been thinking of maybe cosplaying as tenma from school rumble for fun. i got the looong hair and i can make those cute antenna thingos XD... just gotta make a nice school uniform lol

AkkiEnzeru

Yeesh, it's'a me. ^^

Oh man. I do it all the time.

I'm a huge cosplayer. I'll do almost any character..

Even in death, we triumph.

soweird

soweird

Adrenaline Rush From Insanity

one and only reaction when cosplay is mentioned... YUCKS !

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I thought about just have not done it. But I find it cool.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

I think it's really cool that people can dress up as the character they like! I've never done it before, but I think I would try it out if my friends were willing to do it with me. It's probably more fun that way then just doing it by yourself. ANd I'm not confident enough to run around by myself like that XD

Dioma

Dioma

F*** off

It can be funny, it can be cool but I don't want to do it o_o

l only see cosplay in some competition, some is very funny,some is very
beautiful..
However...l will not do it..

Cosplay is not bad....not bad at all...lol XD but that depends on how well the costume is done and who is wearing it ~_~ XP I would like to try it sometime but not gonna happen XP XP

I like cosplay when it's done right (last minute ugly cosplay = NO). I like doing cosplay but I usually lack the time and the skill to do a costume all by myself.

i like the idea of cosplay if it's done properly with the right atmosphere and people.

I love the idea of cosplay! When the costume is beautiful and the person is quite pretty it looks great! I would try but most the costumes are kinda skimpy because only the perfect anime characters wear them. I probably wouldn't have the confidence, but there are some really nice ones, in chobits chi's costums are nice and cardcaptor sakura costumes are too! ^_^

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

i went to my first anime convention in September (Anime Weekend Atlanta) and dressed up as Sloth from FMA. It was fun, especially when you get to have your picture taken with other people!

Humnankind cannot gain anyhting without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days...we really believed that to be the worlds one and only truth...

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

Well it's cool. Sometimes the costumes are done so well and people fit so much that they look exacly like a certain anime character. It's fun to look at, but would I do it? Dunno, I do crazy things at times so perhaps ;)

up up and away

Rhyme097

Rhyme097

Emil loves Nioh

I've tried twice ... it's funny ^^

i wouldn't do cosplay but i believe it looks good sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. i guess it just depends on how the person looks in the cosplay.

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

Its only for those who are truly artistic and creative. Not to mention anime maniacs. I was thinking of doing something like that for halloween, if I had the time that is.

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

Cosplay... it sounds pretty good but it really depends... If you are really into it, I don't think it would be such a problem. ^_^ The best time to do it is most probably halloween as mentioned above ^_^ although it usually qould depend on the person if they'd match the character they are trying to cosplay or not ^_^

My view is that there are some characters and costumes that should remain untouched. Characters with ridiculously overdone figures and scantily clad costumes should be left to the imagination and nothing more. Modestly dressed characters can and should be emulated, but only them.

Larxie

Larxie

Asucaga fanatic

I don't like the bright colors and the corny costumes people wear. They should make looks more realistic as possible while retaining the original look of the costume in the anime or manga. Bright blue hair is ugly.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
Bunny will rule the world! All shall bow to him...

I love the idea of cosplay. The details and lengths that some people go to to make their costumes is truly amazing. I love going to conventions and seeing all of the people dressed up and seeing how much care they put into their costumes.

Of course it's a stupid idea! Some of our best plans have come from stupid ideas!
Passion rules Reason.

FlameSummoner

Bringer of the Dark Fire

I would love to cosplay, it's just finding a character that I like that I can look like >_>

What is a sane man in an insane society called?
-an idiot, for going there in the first place

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 59 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.