Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 X/1999 - Minitokyo

Tagged under X

page 1 of 1 18 total items

xhidst

xhidst

Princess Slacker

Well, for me, I liked the gore factor so much. In the movie the colors were crisp enough[esp. the blood].

anyway, the ending of both series and movie didn't satisfy me at all, but the whole story[series and movie] was actually good. In the movie though, you wouldn't be able to understand some certain things if you haven't watched the series yet. I can give more comments on this, since I find the plot so good, but I leave them to you guys. XD

Just go post your comments about the series or the movie.

[Btw, I dunno if there's already a thread about this, but I didn't happen to stumble on one when I looked.]

--Lying still, unsparkling eyes, whitest lips, cold as ice--

++The only reason most teachers are alive is because it is illegal to shoot them.++

I like the movie better. I know is hard to understand but acuttly I found it kind easy to understand.The first time I watch it it was a little hard. When I wath it the second time, i understand it little more. I like those type of movie that make you think. That why is so good. The sereis is alright. The manga in the other hand. Haven't read the whole thing. Kind found it kind interesting and more easy to understand the stroyline. It help me fill most to the blanket. As fan of CLAMP i like all their drawing. I can't really chose which one is the better of the color but in this case. I going to let it slide. The series graphic and image are better and the voice.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

Siri

Siri

Suou

The movie was pretty much eye candy. Well. Clamps works are pretty much eye candy, but the movie cut SO much out of the story..eg. subaru's connection with sei.....something its been to long LOL.
i thought there wasnt enough character development. well i know its hard in a short movie but there was just too much to X that i think was left out in the movie.

[potential spoiler?]
I'm not too sure about but i was told in the manga fuuma kills kamui however, in the movie kamui kills fuuma. i think that fuma killing kamui is a much better ending than kamui surviving and having absolutely nothing left lol.

When everyone leaves you... I'll look for you then
Signature Image

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

I saw the movie first, and then the series afterwards. I was able to better understand and appreciate the movie a little more. The animation was richer, as movies usually are.

I see the movie as a shounen version of the shoujo TV series. The movie has a plot that hits you in your face, but by the time you figure out what's going on, half of the cast is dead. So you don't have time to invest any emotions in anyone. It doesn't really leave you with anything in the end. But yay the world is saved.

The part where Kamui is holding Fuuma's head made me laugh the first time I saw it.

Signature Image

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Hmmm, I think if you are not happy with ending of both series and movie, you shoulr read the manga, cos as far as I know the manga hasn't ended yet...
Oh, am not a big fan of X, though the idea is pretty good and art is great, well, it just doesn't strike me in 'that' way :P

Signature

I find the series better.The story is more complex,dark and beautiful.In the movie whenever somebody died it never got me emotional,but the series are another matter.I got to know characters better,so it created tension and heavy atmosphere.In the movie characters were handled too bad.They just killed most of the cast never revealing anything about them.I also like the way the series ended.

Quote by Siri
I'm not too sure about but i was told in the manga fuuma kills kamui however, in the movie kamui kills fuuma.

The manga was never finished,so it's not true.The rumors say that publishers weren't happy with the last volume that Clamp presented XO Makes me wonder what did they draw o_0

Quote by Siri
i think that fuma killing kamui is a much better ending than kamui surviving and having absolutely nothing left lol.

Noooo....Fuuma must burn in hell :angry:No offense to his fans :)

Yeah, I started out with the movie and moved to Tokoyo Babalon simply because of the Subaru/Seishiro factor. The movie IS beautiful. I would have to say that Hinoto looks a lot better in the movie than the series. The series was very well done I thought. The concept of X in general is superb... one boy in charge of the fate of the world. I had a friend write a dramatic monologue showing Kamui's thoughts about being the chosen one. I also love that each side is valid, and all of the characters on each side have something to lose and you feel empathy for pretty much all of them.

I think that the movie is really better than the series. Don't have yaoi! There's not mant feather flying but sakura petals...

To be able to full understand the relationship between Subaru/Seishiro read the manga. I almost cry when I found out what kind of relationship they have.

About the different ending in the series and movie. I found it very interesting. I don't mind if fuma die in the you know... don't want to say it. The other one he didn't. Either story you choose for Fumi the ending is still good to me. Because he won\ kept his promise.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

xhidst

xhidst

Princess Slacker

[spoiler!]

In the series, Fuuma gets to kill Kamui, but understands Kamui's feelings right after[the world is saved] And there are characters left to continue living, or at least to remain a cast in any possible sequel[is there?]

In the movie, however, [yes, I really liked it, I told you]Kamui wins over Fuma and is left with no one to continue the movie in a later time. I mean... really.. all the characters were all wiped out. The thing is, most of the stories in the series were cut off in the movie. [I agree that Hinoto looks good in the movie, for me she was A BIT of an annoyance in the series]

In the manga, well, I can't possibly comment most on this...but in this I finally understood Suba/Sei connections.

Anyways..ahh..XP..that was my second review. ahaha~~

--Lying still, unsparkling eyes, whitest lips, cold as ice--

++The only reason most teachers are alive is because it is illegal to shoot them.++

did u know the address to down (mangan) x1999 ?(to the newest part was published)
thanks!

RabienRose

RabienRose

Love ya!

i actaully think the anime series ending was better than the movie mostly because in the anime not everyone died like in the movie. i dont know the manga ended weird but i heard its gonna keep going...i guess i just hated when they all died haha but yea read the manga its really good and if u havent read tokyo babylon reas that too cuz its like the prequel to X :D

oh,thanks
how the anime ended and movie?why do u speak that the anime series ending was better than the movie mostly ?(but i don't like this ending)

fenglinyin

fenglinyin

My another world

Yeah,I have seen both movies and mangas
I 'am deeply moved by the two pairs:Sorata&Arashi and Seishiro&Subaru,so sad!

My own world,my big big world
Put this link under your signature for people to know that u are a member of this group: Clover-4-ever

i think so
in the mangas,kamui died?or fumma?

I have Art book and some pictures in it wasn't in scan gallery (That I think) How I find what picture scan and post and which not?

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

i didnt see the movie but the tv series already killed me... for me this is the best anime series i ever watch... and forget about the blood, gore, whatever... Center ur mind and sight to the story... is just perfect... Clamp rocks!

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

The Manga is not finished yet, all of you! It's been on hold for three years at the middle of tankoubon 19, right when Kamui is realizing something (his true wish?) under Fuuma's sword. It was put on hold because of the Kobe earthquake in 95, since X used massively destructive earthquakes as a major theme, and the general public couln't deal with it (bad memories, etc), and also because of a serial murder case involving decapitation (like in X) in 97. So the publisher, Asuka, asked Clamp if they would put X on hold, which they agreed to. But now, Asuka is still blocking serialization for god-knows-what reason, and Clamp is trying to find a magazine with which to resume serialization.

BTW, I adore this series. It's awesome.

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.