Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Final Fantasy VII: AC How Did You Like the Movie - Minitokyo

Final Fantasy VII: AC How Did You Like the Movie

Tagged under Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 118 total items

I absolutely loved the animation! Everything was so gorgeous. The plot, however, seemed to be too focused on giving the fans what they want. Every FF7 fan wants to see Cloud and Sephiroth duke it out again- so of course the wirters devised some way for him to return. There were also brief memories or dream sequences of Aeries- a must have for anyone who still needs some resolution about ht emain heroine's death in the game. Also, the battle scenes were for real teh awesome- and since FF7 was perceived as a visual pioneer- the cg had to be top-notch.
Even though I realize that the film is meant to only cater to FF7 fans- and I can't myself to be one to some degree (I'd take 8 or 9 over 7 any day) I can't help but get sucked in. I really did have fun watching it. I don't however, have any delusions about how grand it was- it is not a revolutionary film (aside from visually).

Signature

FFAC was awesome overall...graphics were amazing to the point where there are scenes where i thought the characters looked like real actors! and cloud's new sword, bike and finishing movie on sepiroth was just awesome...but imo the movie by itself could use a stronger storyline as noted already in the thread...i mean if u didn't play the game u would have no clue what was going on... x_x not to mention i wish they would have shown aries and the rest of the crew more...i wonder will square-enix remake the game for ps3...oh wells...

Who is the enemy?

rituel

rituel

kLepToMAniaX Designs

I loved it.. Watched it at my friend's house... looking forward to buying one.. kinda hard to find originals in my country..

Delgados

God is the creation of man.

I loved it, but it got away from the fact that the FF's are heavily plot oriented. What i mean to say is that it lack sustenance; it had maybe about 20mins of plot then just awesome fight scenes.

In truth we search for euphoria.

I said it before and i'll say it again.

I do not have much to say than this is a great finish to the story. Most people have said that there is not enough plot and its just eye candy.But think about it, everything was explained in FFVII you cannot add more plot to such a grand story it would ruin it. They did the best that they could do and I think that this should be taken more as A Final FMV.. the last fight.

Graphics - 10/10, Absolutely amazing

Story 8.5/10 - don't think they could of expanded it that much more. And the stuff they could put in there was clever enough I thought.

Characters 9/10 - Well most of them have already been explained during the game but still could not fit it all into 90 mins.

Sound - 10/10, since i am a metal fan I loved the fight music.. and piano just reaches right in there..It is a great ST and I was not disappointed.

Tilt/Replay 10/10 - Enjoyable every time.

Overall- 9/10 (FF Fan View 10/10)

i personally think this is what was needed, a fight to end it all.. the plot was already in place. The action was necessary as much as people complained. I loved every second of this movie. It was a pleasure to visit the world of FFVII just one last time.

Just remember this.. most movies that have been made form a game have been directed by movie directors i think this is pretty great for a team of game directors.. Don't think I've seen a better game to movie..

Thankyou Square, I think you did it right!

Athlon 64 FX 60 OC 3.3Ghz , NVIDIA XFX GeForce 7900 GTX XXX Edition 750/1900, 4 Gig Ram, 400 Seagate Hard Drive, Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro, 32 inch Sony LCD

bqc

Considering what the first Final Fantasy movie was, this is by far the best. Although the story wasn't as well developed as it could have been, i saw the movie was still of the highest quality. Anyways this is the first time something of this calibur has been done,or at least to my knowledge, so i give this movie two thumbs way way up :)

Deen

Deen

|| Le croyant ||

I only like it graphic , especially for Tifa .. :D

Signature Image

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

The movie's very good. They really worked hard on the graphics and that's CooL!

What I only hate is that Cloud vs. Sephiroth is too short! XD

merged: 11-02-2005 ~ 11:49am
The movie's very good. They really worked hard on the graphics and that's CooL!

What I only hate is that Cloud vs. Sephiroth is too short! XD

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

ceriseangel2

ceriseangel2

Intjkitty

There were a lot of fighting but I wish there was more to Cloud & Tifa!

The english version is comming out soon in the states i think!

Itami-Chan

Itami-Chan

Mrs.Kakashi..and sn34k3rs master

this movie was really really cool!...and although i've played the game a dozen times i still got a bit confused XD

sig and avvy made by k1ru! ^.^

ryuu-niisan

ryuu-niisan

The Ninjama

i have watched it a few times, nah i am lying its about 10+ now LOL!. however i really dont think they could have expanded the story out that much, i understand pretty much the overall plot though i would have enjoyed a longer fight scene between cloud and sephiroth.

i would have rathers everyone but cloud had kicked bahamut's ass, since all but two fight scenes already consist of cloud in it. some limit break from the other characters would have been a nice fan service.

i wanted to see more of yuffie too! xD

iwantyuna

iwantyuna

Kill My Pain

this movie was great, I liked the fight sense the most. Ive never played the game, but now I kinda want to. unfortuionatly I saw the japanese version too. thank god for sutitals

Signature
Thanks for the sig and avy k1ru

Gressini

Gressini

Tokimeki No Hakumi

Quote by ashley50I loved the Advent Children movie. Each character's voice suits everyone. Reno, Cloud, yuffie...etc.
And the appearance of Sephiroth is Phenomenal! the gunblade was also used in the movie.

there's no gunblade in this movie.
but i love the scene when Sephiroth and cloud fighting each other it was the greatest scene in the movie.

hope they'll also make Final Fantasy VIII movie.

'Signature Image'
Tokimeki No Hakumi

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

vincent rocked the movie, hell yeah.. it was graphics-wise, a perfect movie.. although like most people say, the story-line was a bit shallow and a bit underdeveloped but to hell with it, it was an awesome movie.. now i want rinoa in amovie too.. come on tetsuya, hear us out..

ff7:ac graphic n battle scene are terific. except that the story wasnt cover all the characters of ff7. i wonder if they cover every character...how long will the show last? 3hours or 4 hours?

The Advent Children movie was good. The story didn't develop as much as i thought it would but the battle scenes were great. The graphics were great too.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

You'll have to forigive me (a FF layman) for posting my comment here.

I watched the movie (without having played the game at all or even knowing what its about) and it stunned me. The "bad guys" were well done, the beast thingy fight was very good, although the appearance of the rest of the gang at that convienant moment was a bit forced. The appearance of Sephiroth gave me chills, the last fight scene was stunning. Especially that last move he made with his sword.

Afterwards I researched a bit, trying to figure out the FFVII saga and trying to find a pc friendly downloadable version. Alas, no luck on the last quest. But still, that movie was amazing, even to someone who don't know the game.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

I like it... but I dont think its worth seeing without knowing the FFVII story.
good effects,brilliant music, story thats amost isnt worth mentioning. I think they should have added 10 minutes to introduce Clouds team. then I would been satisfied

U can get the game at www.thepiratebay.org

<3 Advent Children. Graphics were beautiful and yes the story maybe could have been more, but I'm still very satisfied. ^^ And of course, Cloud is so hot XDDD

kyokujitsu

kyokujitsu

Without Purpose

All the graphics were great. They're getting raelly close to real-life graphics now. The battles were amazing, but I have one problem with them: they cut out some parts of the battle, such as one part in the trailer involving Cloud fighting Kadaj on his bike, which I was really looking forward to. Ah well.

I also found the storyline fairly weak, but I saw the story as merely a tool to get to each battle, rather than being the focus of the movie.

But overall, an unforgettable movie.

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"
- Dr. Robert Schuller

GoodTree - The homepage that supports charities ^_^

SealedSorrow

SealedSorrow

Happiness

How about Reminence anyone took the time watching that too?...

Though I still saving the money for Last Order... Anyone seen that and give me a good review?

Wont you let me see what Real Happiness Trully is...
Because if this is Happiness then I want more...
I know its selfish...
But have you ever felt so much Pain...
When will you understand that the why sun dont shine through my window...
And when will you understand that I am not really what I seem...
And When will you understand I been Wishing for you to be Happy Forever...

I thought the movie totally ROCKED. It was at first hard to follow because I have never played any of the games and was only marginally familliar with some of the characters. And I had no idea what part of the story had gone before. But I loved the movie.

ded113

The Grunge Princess

To be honest, I loved tho movie! Well for one the story lline was better than The Spirits Within. Awesome fight scenes as well as the soundtrack. The story line is good but some stuff was a bit complex for me to rewind a second time. Of course seeing Sephiroth in the movie is VERY well worth to watch! So that my rating two thumbs WAY up! XD

Reloaded

Reloaded

Gotta reload my gunfire**

I greatly enjoyed the movie!
Cloud was so cool in the fights!
Reno and Rude were funny though, espeacially the scene when they saw Bahamut, it was so funny when the signs dropped on Rude's head and Reno smashed his glasses.

Guns...check. Bullets...check.* Loading...time to fire!!! *Signature Image

page 2 of 5 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 118 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.