Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ai Yazawa - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 11 total items

TwilightNoir06

Tsukihime

Does anyone here like any of Ai Yazawa's works? If so, has anyone heard anything about any of them being brought over other than "Paradise Kiss"? I would LOVE to see "NANA" brought over! ~Twilight

One must either be a work of art or wear a work of art.

Marudashi

Inner voice

I pretty much loved Paradise Kiss and Nana.. I feel the same way with Nana I would love to see it be brought over. I Think Ai Yazawa is a very talented artist. I would be in heaven if any of her other works were brought over.

Paradise Kiss didn't thrill me, but I LOVE Nana. Both the art and storyline are great. I'll probably also check out Princess Ai.

nana is one of my favourite manga, i also like gokinjo very much but i am divided about paradise kiss. ai yazawa is really talented ^^

"The third principle of sentient life is the capacity for self-sacrifice, the conscious ability to override evolution and self-preservation for a cause, a friend, a loved one." Quote from Babylon V

TwilightNoir06

Tsukihime

Paradise Kiss is one of my favorite mangas, but I agree with soryane, I feel very divided. I would like to read Gokinjo to know Mikako's story. I bought Princess Ai and...well the artwork is wonderful, but the story line is a bit repetitive. However, I am hoping that if enough are bought it will show Tokyo Pop that Ai Yazawa has a bunch of fans so they'll try to bring it over. Even though we know that NANA's awesome, sometimes Tokyo Pop takes a while to get the popular ones.

One must either be a work of art or wear a work of art.

well, I like Kagen no Tsuki and also Tenshi nanka ja nai. Kagen not suki has a great story, and tennai show Ai Yazawa'z evolution. I also love Nana. And, by the way, I haven't read Paradise Kis, jejejeje. I want to read Gokinjo... maybe I'll do it tonight, you can download the scanlation done by http://shoujomagic.org

Signature
Even after death, there's hope and resurection.

Miembro de [Hispanime]

Hi!

I've read Paradise Kiss, and I love it!! Now I'm buying Nana and Gokinjo in French (Parakiss was in Spanish ^^), and I also love them! I like very much the desing of the characters... The story from Parakiss and Gokinjo is quite similar, but they're very good... and Nana... I hope I can go to France very soon, I want mooooore!! ^^ Spain is pretty new publishing manga (now we have very good series, but it's quite recent), let's hope someday they publish all Ai Yazawa's work! :)

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

rizaroy

rizaroy

lotica dream

i love all os her manga ! she's a wonderful mangaka with a big talent.

Signature
French-Tribu ~ Fullmetal-alchemist-fans ~ Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles Fan

Ne laissons pas nos larmes couler. C'est la victoire du coeur sur le corps. Car pour nous, cette chose qu'on appelle le coeur est la preuve que notre existence est superflue...

My best mangaka with Kaori Yuki.
I prefer ParaKiss to Nana but Gokinjo is fun too!
For interested ones, Nana is going to be released as a movie next fall (I think). Mika Nakashima seems to be Nana Osaki (yeah!), I don't remember the name of the other actresse, here links : http://www.s-woman.net/nana/
http://www.nana-movie.com/index.html

And ParaKiss will be animated this fall and could be seen on tv fuji. Madhouse is the studio, Nobuteru Yuki (escaflowne, heat guy j) the character designer.

I'm so happy!!!

J9999

J9999

Gentleman, poet

I read only Nana by Ai Yazawa, but I think that this is a wonderful anime. She has a way to treat characters that I love. ^_^

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
and with strange aeons, even Death may die." H.P. Lovecraft

Tutto e poesia...

does anybody know where to download paradise kiss online ? anywhere on irc ? i've heard so much about it and it looks great.

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.