Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 chidori kaname mysterious life - Minitokyo

chidori kaname mysterious life

Tagged under Full Metal Panic!

page 1 of 1 24 total items

erm...
i've been watching all full metal panic series...
and there's one thing bothering me..

y is chidori kaname living alone in tokyo? where's her family...

there was one episode in FMP! Fumoffu where she said she went home to wear her mom's kimono.. but i wonder which home did she went to..
and since i saw lots of anime where high schools students live alone.. but they state the reason y..
but chidori's been living alone since the start of the series...
and there's no explanation as to y...

so..
if anybody knows or care to share an opinion..
please shed a light to me...

Signature

Nucleous

Nucleous

I will be taking you to.....

As far as I can understand Kaname lives alone coz she wants to finish school in Japan but her parent went overseas for work I don't know where they went but they work overseas as far as I have read on some Full Metal Panic! sites
I think that is the reason correct me if I'm wrong....

SMILE, even through your tears!!!!!
Life is not Measured by the number of Breaths we
take, but by the Moments that Take our Breath Away.

i never noe bout her parents went overseas..
guess i should check some FMP! sites too..
*runs off clicking new Internet windows*

Signature

Taurec

Taurec

BAKA^2

April, 2001 - Enters Tokyo Jindai Public High School
March, 2001 - Kaname's father and sister move to New York, USA
August, 1998 - Kaname's mother, Shizu, dies of cancer
July, 1998 - 3 days house detention for malicious damage to school property
May, 1998 - Returns to Tokyo with family and enters local junior high school
October, 1996 - Wins 2nd place in Orange County track and field tournament
August, 1994 - Moves to suburban New York, USA with family
July, 1993 - Wins 1st place in junior swimming competition, Chofu, Tokyo
May, 1992 - Runs away from home. Registered as missing at Izumigawa Police Department. Located and returned home the following day.
December, 1984 - Born in Tokyo, Japan

- Too bad stupidity isn't painful

Airrrrrrr

hey..
thanx to taurec here for giving me a chronology of chidori's life
i really appreciate it~
:)

Signature

Cathal

Cathal

ROAR!

Quote by TaurecApril, 2001 - Enters Tokyo Jindai Public High School
March, 2001 - Kaname's father and sister move to New York, USA
August, 1998 - Kaname's mother, Shizu, dies of cancer
July, 1998 - 3 days house detention for malicious damage to school property
May, 1998 - Returns to Tokyo with family and enters local junior high school
October, 1996 - Wins 2nd place in Orange County track and field tournament
August, 1994 - Moves to suburban New York, USA with family
July, 1993 - Wins 1st place in junior swimming competition, Chofu, Tokyo
May, 1992 - Runs away from home. Registered as missing at Izumigawa Police Department. Located and returned home the following day.
December, 1984 - Born in Tokyo, Japan

I see you pay close attention to the small details too. Gotta love that pause button!

"The mouth of the just shall mediate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgment. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, for when he hath been proved, he shall recieve a crown of life." - Lillium

SpideI2_man

awesomesauce

Taurec got all of that from pause buttons, wow that's amazing. I guess her past is not so mysterious anymore. But yeah what about her sister, I wonder what she's like? We can only speculate, it'd be nice if she appeared for a bit.

I'm afraid all those info were not derived from the use of the pause button. The official FMP website has all the data on Kaname.

Kaname's Data Sheet

The reason why her father moved to the US is that he is the High Commissioner on Environment Issues at the United Nations.

lol thkz for the info..

My Way Of Life

the datasheet really useful..
thnx volrath77..

her background not so confusing anymore.. but what about her 'whispered' ability?

in Ep 13 of TSR, that guy Gauln (i dunno hoe to spell his name) said that every whispered has limited ability...
tessa got this submarine technology and leonard got the AS technology ( my guess)..

but we havent seen any special knowledge off chidori yet..
well.. she noes how lambda driver works.. and she can control de dannan..

i think i'm very much interested in chidori... *goes to thinking*

Signature

We don't actually know how the Whispered got their abilities. It's more likely genetic memory residing in their DNA. IIRC something to this effect was mentioned in FMP. My guess = one of her parents is also a Whispered. Since her mother had died, it is possible that she was Whispered as well because if Kaname's father was a Whispered, Gauron would have targeted her father.

Additionally, Whispered genes may or may not be selective since Kaname's sister was not targeted by Gauron, KGB or any other covert organisation. However, that is only my speculation.
Interested eh? Think all you want but remember, that's my girl you're thinking about. *cocks shotgun*

:P :P :P

Bwahahahaha!

EDIT: Drat! Something's wrong with the edit function. *sigh* looks like it's another bug report.

My theory on the whispered works like this. Tessa told Kaname that Whispered can communicate with each other telepathically. What if this link is always open. The brain is a sort of organic computer. Think about what happens to the calculation power of computers when you interlink them. That power grows greatly the more computers you add.
Well, the Whispered are tied to each other. So the interaction of all those subconscious minds might release information in the areas of the brain that we don't typically use.
In short, the Whispered might be like a collective organic supercomputer.
Consider that Kaname and Tessa were able to determine Behemoth's weak spot just by looking at it. Even if being Whispered was just hightened intellect, they would have needed more than the cursory glance they got to know that info. But if it's the stored collective memory of all the Whispered, then it makes sense that they "remembered" rather than "deciphered" the weakness in Behemoth's cooling vents.

hm.. interesting theory u got there..
guess the 'whispered' can get more knowledge using the 'communication'..
but i still wonder what type of information the agencies that are pursuing chidori will get once they catch her..

Quote by volrath77
Interested eh? Think all you want but remember, that's my girl you're thinking about. *cocks shotgun*

dont sweat it.. i'm of the same gender..

Signature

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

i think her mother past away... and her mother's side of family place her in an apartment in Tokyo because they think she's too much of a hassle... it was mentioned in the Full Metal Panic manga volumn. 7
her mom left home when she was young to be with her lover (who was a young university graduate). the grandfather kicked her out of the house for that.
didn't hear what happened with the dad, suppose he died as well.
because in the manga and 1st series of Full Metal Panic, Chidori said to the young teenager boy (he was the one who drove the big red AS for his sister and died at the end under Tesa's comfortings)
she said to him that she and Sousuke are orphans as well...

merged: 11-12-2005 ~ 07:03pm
Chidor's mom's side sometimes phone to check up on her, but that's all

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

Yeah Her parents are gone so Kaname have been used to being on her own since then.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

It bothered me a bit that they never really explained the Whispered abilities of the children. What exactly was Chidori's use for Mithril? Tessa's abilities helped with the sub's propulsion, but what was Chidori's ability? I know she helped Souske a few times, but Mithril never seemed to get the info from her. Whats with that?

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Quote by joemighty16It bothered me a bit that they never really explained the Whispered abilities of the children. What exactly was Chidori's use for Mithril? Tessa's abilities helped with the sub's propulsion, but what was Chidori's ability? I know she helped Souske a few times, but Mithril never seemed to get the info from her. Whats with that?

Mithril wasn't trying to "use" Kaname, they were trying to protect her from terrorists and hostile governments that WERE trying to "use" her.
The Black Technology that created the Arm Slaves, Lambda Driver, and TDD are all in the Whispered. Kaname has that knowledge too, though she can't access it readily yet.
Some of the Whispered have either joined or aided Mithril, such as Tessa, but I would guess that for the most part, the goal of Mithril is just to protect them.
If Mithril set out to "use" the Whispered, they would be no different than the terrorist groups trying to abduct Kaname in the first place.
Remember that one Whispered girl we saw in the first episode had been made mentally unbalanced by the experimentation done on her to get at that information. Until the Whispered ability manifests itself naturally, trying to access it by force hurts the person.
If Kaname fully develops her skills, she might in the future choose to help Mithril, but they won't coerce her to do so.

tessa join in Mithril coz of her father also in the Mitril n her brother missing..
Leonard Testarossa is a Whispered, tho he is a boy.. the anime said so..

i dun think chidori will join mithril.. she likes to live her life her own way..
anyway.. i do wonder what ability does chidori have.. the fact that gauron said every whispered have different knowledges interests me very much..

its a pity the anime TSR stops at ep 13. wish it could go further..

Signature

Seems like a lot of people in Japanese cartoons, esp. high schoolers, live alone. Must be a common thing.

prolly too expensive having too many kids, so one kid is prolly enough for their expenditure, but kaname has a sister so she aint really a single child, she just chooses to be on her own

Kaname's father works for the U.N., and thus can afford to let her live on her own in Japan for her studies.
And Kaname works part time during school breaks, as witnessed in episodes of Fumoffu, which is how she makes pocket money for her extraneous expenditures, e.g. CDs, Movies, Eating out once in awhile, or going on vacations, like that trip they took to the beach.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

Quote by volrath77I'm afraid all those info were not derived from the use of the pause button. The official FMP website has all the data on Kaname.

Kaname's Data Sheet

The reason why her father moved to the US is that he is the High Commissioner on Environment Issues at the United Nations.

Wow! :D tnx for the info... :)

Wow thnks for the info guys... I'm been wondering about Chidori's past as well...

GloriaChan

GloriaChan

*-_Moments Of Love_-*

Kaname's mum is death, her father and little sister are in America. I am sure of it

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.