Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Opinion: The anime is popular in your city? - Minitokyo

Opinion: The anime is popular in your city?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

In Mexico the anime is not very popular, in public television many series are not transmitted of anime, and those that are transmitted are very cuestioanaes and censured. For many people the anime is for children, but much people are contradicted when they simply see series of excellent quality, great history or of action or funny, in Mexico the most popular series are: Candy Candy, Sailoor Moon, Ranma 1/2, Evangelion, Love Hina, I''s (manga)), Oh! my goddess, Saint Seiya (the most popular) and others, few people knows the new anime series.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

Jeeze, the states LOVE the DB series. Seriously people go crazy over Dragonball here @_@. Basically anything that comes out is a hit, as long as its shown on Toonami or Adult Swim It'll become VERY popular.

Signature Image

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

Anime is popular in my city and the whole country. Its still not mainstream yet, but i think it will be in the future.??

Signature

pinkdoremi

pinkdoremi

...Haro...

ppl here are crazy about a lotta different anime... if ur talking crazy, crazy... then i would probably say yugioh =3 hehehe, i love it too ^_^'

Signature
Plushie invasion coming ur way!! ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Antique Fairy Tales
Graphics site that me, saki, euna, brommie, yune, and rockiee are part of ^-^ Come visit ussssss~

Alpha

Alpha

DreamMaster

Really cool DBZ man I am a super-fan of this serie. Some peoples, some of my friends put me the nickname " Vegeta " as you can see... He,he...
But in my country is very rare the anime or manga. I only have the cable and can see de CartoonNetwork programation. Also what I can download from internet. I have almost 70 seires.

photoshopdocument

photoshopdocument

Got pantsu?

I don't think anime is very popular where I go to school, but then again, I don't know that many people. Considering i'm in Holland, I doubt many people like it. Usually when I mention I watch anime people are like "Those are sex cartoons, right?"... -_-;

Some of the people I do know really do like anime. I introduced them to it myself. :o I mentioned Naruto once and said I could borrow them some CDs, and they really like it. Now I borrow them some DVDs with anime once in a while (I download a lot of it and burn it to CDs and DVDs ~_~ ).

We do get anime on TV out here, but that's usually dubbed to Dutch (yargh) and they're most of the time series with lots of episodes directed towards children. It might change though, but the thought of seeing series of 13 or 26 episodes broadcasted here seems a bit weird.

Signature Image

rojacol

rojacol

.:INtheEXILE:.

Quote by aquilesIn Mexico the anime is not very popular, in public television many
series are not transmitted of anime, and those that are transmitted are
very cuestioanaes and censured. For many people the anime is for
children, but much people are contradicted when they simply see series
of excellent quality, great history or of action or funny, in Mexico
the most popular series are: Candy Candy, Sailoor Moon, Ranma 1/2,
Evangelion, Love Hina, I''s (manga)), Oh! my goddess, Saint Seiya (the
most popular) and others, few people knows the new anime series.

Well i'm from Mexico too. Aquiles has told everything! :), the only thing i wish to happend it's more anime series in local tv :)

Signature Image
||Browse my Gallery||
||Miembro orgulloso de: (Proud member of) Hispanime||

darkwaterbunny

darkwaterbunny

cancha! And MORE cancha!

Wow! You still have Candy Candy? My aunt likes that anime ^_^, here like Cy said, what ever comes on Toonami or Adult swim.

VampireMelinda

VampireMelinda

Digital Goddess

My home town its Cowboy Bebop or anything on Adult Swim. At College its anything on Adult Swim or Nautro

"Don't You Want to Hang Out and Waste Your Life with Us?" - Spike from Cowboy Bebop

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

iN1Ti4LdR1fT3r

whats an e-brake?

here in riverside,california everyones into anime even some old folks,they mostly read the mangas though lol

Signature Image

Anime is popular in California for sure. Not necessarily on TV but this state has supported several anime conventions over the year.

mizuki

mizuki

sugarfaerie

Hmph, in Sydney, it really depend on your age group. DBZ is an ever popular one, but so is Yugioh. (the problem is, the only anime they are showing is Sydney is DBZ, Yugioh and Pokemon)
I remember a couple years ago, Digimon was really popular too...

"where ignorance is bliss, t'is folly to be wise" - Thomas Gray

KohakuXP

Neutral

Not much in Toronto..Yugioh, DragonballGT..Inuyasha I guess..I was told there's going to be more anime updated this fall..Forgot about Pokemon and Digimon..Medabots is over now..Not much..I can't remember. DBZ is on television every weekdays. =P

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

Here in Italy is very popular :D we have many series in TV some old and some new and yes..Italy is into anime since '70

Zdenek

Zdenek

Bye bye~

Dude, what are you complaining about!? You have Love Hina and... and... Now check the Czech Rep. out!: Just Gay-é-Mon!! Now who thinks they're childish?

It's never so bad that it can't get any worse!

OMG...liek I've bean banned cuz I'm n idiot. DUH ARMY GAME R0X0RZ!!1!!!!

Anime not popular in Mexico? You must be kidding... it's popular between the young people, but it's NOT accepted by conservative groups, like the catholic church and stuff (that's a totaly different thing).

But well... let's face it, Mexico is a country of lots of ignorants, that's why anime is so bashed.

BZZZZZZZZZZT.

Fujimiya-kun

Icha-Icha's Reader

IN Indonesia....One year ago heir are cptain tsubasa Booming(yeah right....)

In Indonesia anime = kids you know....

The NEwest Anime that been Aired now is: Kaleido star...

cyberstorm

cyberstorm

Error Remaker

In sweden we have two animes (sailor moon and pokémon) that have been broadcasted to my knowledge, both dubbed and edited to fit small children as all the other animated stuff; we're very simpleminded and anything animated is for children, hence there is only one store in sweden that sells anime and it has about three dvds :sweat:
So the only realistic way for me to get ahold of anime is to dl it; luckily sweden is one of the foremost countries when it comes to broadband coverage and even poor ol' me on the country-side have access to adsl :)

In my sphere of influence anime is very popular though and most of my friends watch it on a regular basis, but i'm indulging all my friends/relatives i dare approach to watch anime and often push them by either forcing them to watch a couple of eps/movies together with me or i'll hand them a DVD with some series on it... Well actually it was one (two) of my friends that introduced me to the concept but i've been broadcasting it onto more poor souls since they did ^_^'

Signature
"Be normal and the crowd will accept you, be deraged and they will make you their leader..." - Christopher Titus

Fujimiya-kun

Icha-Icha's Reader

SO Sweden like Indonesia that anime = KIDS too.....hmm.......

Fujimiya-kun

Icha-Icha's Reader

SO Sweden like Indonesia that anime = KIDS too.....hmm.......

not really sure here from where i am...

blueotaku-sp

blueotaku-sp

Blue is on me!

If you say that of Mexico (city) you should see what happends to my city Toluca, darn you look for some stores that sell new or quality anime or manga materials and all you find it´s a western style comic store, and yes the people here look at you ´cause they think that this kinda of stuffs are for kids.

Well we are hoping that changes with time and the acceptance will be good nough for us to buy some quality sutffs. :)

Also you (Aquiles) forgot to mention Dragon Ball and Samuria X, they´re also popular here!

Raizer

Raizer

~Death God~

here in germany are 2tv channels with anime the first one is "rtl2" but their came anime like : pokemon,dragonball(z),sailor moon one piece, Yu-Gi-Oh and some more but the most ppl think "rtl2" are for kids -.-
the other channel is "viva" their came : Hellsing,Noir,X.
so i think anime is very popular in germany

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Fantasia

Fantasia

BT Panda

slamdunk is the most popular one on TV

the TV stations don't play animes of JP often in CN,we watch animes usually through DVD,downloads,now many people like FMA,but it's impossible to play it on TV,sigh~

Signature
Welcome to [the 7th track]: http://www.wobushuang.net/fan/

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.