Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Some Suggestions for MT - Minitokyo

Some Suggestions for MT

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Hmm, there seems to be a bunch of negative threads here, or threads that should be in the "Bugs" section, but anyway...

I would like to make two suggestions:
a. put back that running list of uploaded art/scans that was on the right column.
b. allow studios/artists to be added as favorite catagories.

I thought I saw a suggestions thread before, but upon starting a search, I couldn't find anything. So here one!

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I believe A. is being worked on, and will return in time, I think I saw Sheqel mention it in another thread somewhere.
B. Will probably be implimented also.

Signature Image

How about tightening up on the wallpaper submission. Instead of letting the wallpapers in and then deleting them later, why not stop them before they even enter the Gallery?

I'm seeing a lot of walls that should have been redirected into the Sandbox but are in the Gallery instead.

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by kiopiHow about tightening up on the wallpaper submission. Instead of letting the wallpapers in and then deleting them later, why not stop them before they even enter the Gallery?

I'm seeing a lot of walls that should have been redirected into the Sandbox but are in the Gallery instead.

Wow, that hadn't even occurred to me. It is annoying have 4 scans in my gallery, with only 2 of them accessable.

mountain

mountain

None

A rating system! like animenfo. To give a ratiing of pictures and wallpapers of 1 to 10. and to tell us how many people have rated it. that way, this less viewed pictures have more chance of getting more credits, and new pictures have more chance of becoming the most popular pictures. because i think one of the biases of the most popular wallpapers is that of its more popular, then more people would see it and comment on it and add to favourite and this the popular become more popular just like the rich get richer in this world :P (a bit off topic but :))

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by mountain(a bit off topic but :))

No, not at all. The title is "some suggestions," so the forum's open to any suggestions ^_^

i think some of the idea's in this thread are good. But i think MT should have a warning bar for the members. if they start doing things like making a butt out of them selves then they get their warning bar filled up alittle bit. But they could do things to where the bar will go down a little. But if the bar is filled up all of the way then the mods can ban them from MT for awhile. I think something like that could help MT out alot.

Kabura

Kabura

"The Hedgehog's Dilemma"

Delete the credits!

Thank you Farewell, My Master.
Signature
"It was nice for a while but it's time to say bye"
Administrator of: Ignore the others! -Nocturnal-MTs Moderator of: Ice-and-Snow Member of: Whatever - Hana Kimi love - BrokenWings-TrinityBlood - GetBackers - MAAC - Petzilla

GallyAngel

GallyAngel

Taking the Hobbits to Isengard!!

^Not gonna happen any time soon.

@Mountain: I really like that idea, but doubt it would change much. Members friends would most likely just Gush over their submission, and give it a 10. >.<

My idea? Perhaps a warning pop up for when you're about to spend credits. Yes, I know for walls and scans, it tells you what the cost is in the left-side menu. But a warning would be nice for, say, if you accidentally clicked something? I don't know, stupid things happen.
so click on item, get a:
Cost: X.XXX Credits
Amount: XXX.XXX
Proceed?

Just a quick idea I had. ^_^

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i usually don't post on site suggestion threads... but i felt a need to this time. (tho odds are that none of the mods will read this...) i understand the reason behind the different categories in the friendlist/watchlist-- to prevent friendlist whoring. however, i do not agree with the whole, "you will only be notified of threads created by people on your friendlist"-- no artwork? most of the people on my friendlist, along with being my friends are also really talented artists, whose new pieces i always enjoy seeing. however, if i am not notified i have no way of knowing when they submit something new. (unless they spam in my guestbook, which i think is against MT policy?)

i'm just saying that i would like it if we could be notified of artwork done by the people on our friendlist too. (otherwise, watchlist- whoring may become the new friendlist-whoring)

Signature Image

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by GallyAngel

My idea? Perhaps a warning pop up for when you're about to spend credits. Yes, I know for walls and scans, it tells you what the cost is in the left-side menu. But a warning would be nice for, say, if you accidentally clicked something? I don't know, stupid things happen.
so click on item, get a:
Proceed?

That is a pretty good idea, but credit costs for most things are so tiny. The only thing I head that cost a significant amount is group-making @ 40 credits. Barring that, for something with a maximum cost of, say, 2 credits, and and average of like .5 credits, that would just be a hassle.

Wouldn't it be nice if wallpapers were free while the scans require credits?
That will ease some of the pain downloaders have been suffering from this new credits
system.
About the suggestion of pop-up warning before we unknowningly use
up the credits we have.. I believe it will be strongly welcomed by my MT members.
Especially me.. having a habit of looking at the larger version before deciding whether to download or not.. its rather difficult to change this habit but what to do..still have to change as MT evolves.

enchantressinthedark

enchantressinthedark

Eternal empire.

Put back the levels system!

Intertwined ways of life.
Signature Image
Admin/Mod of G00D| F.W.| AsuCaga| GS-A| C.G.K| F.M.D| J.T-MT| B.W.T.B| S.R| Tsubasa| Host-Club

mountain

mountain

None

Quote by GallyAngel^Not gonna happen any time soon.

@Mountain: I really like that idea, but doubt it would change much. Members friends would most likely just Gush over their submission, and give it a 10. >.<

so click on item, get a:
Proceed?

with the rating system, if the picture becomes well rated, more ppl will see it, ie there 190,000 member in MT, and if thats the case, and the pictures is not so good, it'll be downgraded pretty quickly, unless the artist have thousands of frens :P

with the warning pop ups... I hate pop ups :P, their really annoying, wouldn't be easier if u just got use to looking 10cm to your left before you download something :P

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

I made a loooooong thread about my personal suggestions for MT, and since I won't bother to repeat them all I'll just post the thread link: here.

I think a pinned thread in this forum for suggestions for improvement of MT would be a good idea, since people (like me) seem to have a lot of them.

All in all, I agree with what most of is being said... there's a lot about the new MT that people feel needs fixing, but the mods worked really hard to make this and they have good reasons for changing some things... but suggestions are always good, and there are some things that are really unpopular, so...

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

Elves

Elves

Wandering/Wondering Soul

I've got a suggestion for the gallery:

When you download a wallpaper, could the title of the wall and the artist's name be in the internet window title? I like to credit the maker of the wall when I save them, that way I can see who did what and check back on them later. Also, with this new system the wall downloads in the same window making it so I can't flip between the two (or hit the back button without re-downloading it). Having the wall download in a seperate window made it more convienent to write a review about. I really miss these features. That's my two cents. Thanks guys! :pacman:

Signature
Proud Member & Admin of::.Oldsters.::

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by ElvesI've got a suggestion for the gallery:

When you download a wallpaper, could the title of the wall and the artist's name be in the internet window title? I like to credit the maker of the wall when I save them, that way I can see who did what and check back on them later. Also, with this new system the wall downloads in the same window making it so I can't flip between the two (or hit the back button without re-downloading it). Having the wall download in a seperate window made it more convienent to write a review about. I really miss these features. That's my two cents. Thanks guys! :pacman:

That's pretty cool, I kind of do that with amv's, where I use the creator's original title. I don't like this new system of naming where it's just a number; the old one of at least the catagory was a bit usesful.

I had only been on MT 2 or 3 days when they made the switch. So far, I have not had a problem with credits, but I have been very selective as to what I download. I would think that over time the number of downloads would serve as a type of rating system. If there is no cost then ppl just download them all, not just the ones they really want. MT is currently free. I would hate to see MT be a fee site just so they could support unlimited downloads. Anyway, it may be there but I would suggest posting the number of times a picture was downloaded under the thumbnail in the gallery and/or on the comment page.

mountain

mountain

None

yeah dls can serves as rating system, btu it would be bias toward the smaller pics that take less to dl though as well as the most popular, but at least a category like that should be created, " the most dled pictures." or the most downloaded to viewed ratio

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

The only thing, I want back right now, is the 3 most Popular gallery submittions on the right side of each of our submittions. so I know what their other submittions are...because it hard for me to tell anyone apart anymore~_~
other then that, im pretty much okey with MT3^___________^

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Quote by AyasalThe only thing, I want back right now, is the 3 most Popular gallery submittions on the right side of each of our submittions. so I know what their other submittions are...because it hard for me to tell anyone apart anymore~_~
other then that, im pretty much okey with MT3^___________^

Seconded! Before, I used that to see if an artist was worth looking into. I think though that it should not be the most popular; it should be three randomized submissions.

Keltosh

Retired Moderator

Keltosh

Inquisitor on hiatus

1) there will not be rating systems. Those always get messed up as freinds just pump them up.
2) the most popular submissions might be back, but I'm not totally sure about it. Still thanks for the suggestion

Signature
I am now on hiatus from moderating due to my thesis.
One of my favorite game ever: Mordor: The Depths Of Dejenol Community
The beautiful signature is from Biriwilg

i prefer the level system over the credit things, but oh well

Signature Image

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I agree with Keltosh on the rating systems, on sites this big ratings are pointless since a lot of people will pump a 10 into a wall when it at best deserves a 6. Just look at the anime reviews, hardly any anime deserves a perfect 10 score, even some of the absolute best animes I've seen like The Twelve Kingdoms have their faults (12k was too short ;p).

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.