Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 would u say eva has changed ur life? - Minitokyo

would u say eva has changed ur life?

Tagged under Neon Genesis Evangelion

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

i just wanted to know if anyone felt this way, becoz ive read on other forum boards on other sites about people feeling this way, like having their opinions on the world change and that kind of thing.

Oh yes, EVA really changed my life. Back then, i was only knows about mythical stories from Greek and Norse. But after i watched EVA, i read a lot about Biblical stories. So i know a lot more.

And also, it influenced me a lot on what kind of anime that i like; My most fave character; what kind of anime character that i like; up until now.

Unfotunately i don't have any significant changed in my opinions about the world. Because my opinion changes a lot, based on what new things i learn.

But of course, EVA may affects me more than i realize.

Blue Silent Bell

dunno whats EVA i might check it out............

Signature

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Me and my friends had more philisophical discussions on this series than on any other topic (except maybe that one time when we had ’n drink or too to much and contemplated AI conciosness). This was also I think the series that made me an explicit anime fan. After watching it a second time and watching Death and Rebirth it realy adapted my thinking paradigm. I grew up in a Greek and Roman (ie Western) philisophical and mythical ideology, but this title kinda rocked that mind set.

So a definite yeas, it really changed, or at least made me acceptable for the Eastern and reinterpreted (via Eastern) Western philosophy and ideoloy.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Majima

Majima

Love it to Death

This series totally revamped my whole philisophical view on life and death. It also turned me into a die-hard anime fan.
When I first saw this show it had my mind spinning ever since (and it still is a little bit), and I have just looked at things differently since then.

Were already dead really, just most dont know it yet. When you realize this, fear nothing, and you will be set free.

XxRagnarokxX88

XxRagnarokxX88

That one Mexican guy.

Evangelion, I would say, didn't change my life as much as it made me question life and _began_ my eventual question of what 'myself' is. While I tend to view the symbolism, understand it, related it to the world we live in, and then felt better about my skills in understanding such symbolism. But thats where Evangelion stopped.

The thing that really changed me was Shinji Ikari. His relationship with the world and people around him was what influenced me. I accepted that I was, to a certain extent, like him. With that knowledge, I questioned my intentions in life, and why I did the things I did. I started self analyzing myself and eventually got out of that whole teenage, "I know how the world works," without knowing the laws and pasts of the land.

Without going into further detail, yeah, Evangelion did change my life-- just in a more personal self-improvement sense. After all, theres a little bit of Shinji in all of us. That is why Shinji goes through the curse of Eva and eventually discovers that, while the world could be viewed as nothing but pain, life is worth living.

At least, that's what I think.

It's easy to say the world is corrupt and humans should all die-- that we are worthless and incapable of more. It's harder to do something to help. Maybe everyone is a bit too lazy.

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Nop. Not at all.

Keh... I think I'll be flamed for saying this, but oh well here's my modest opinion...

I think Evangelion is overrated. I watched the anime, more than once, as well as the movie "Death and rebirth" and although I do get the main idea of the anime and the philosophical side/part, I don't think its all that special.

It may be more "profound" than other series and more "deep into some subjects" but that's about it...

Ok, I'm gone now ^_^'

*runs and hides behind a rock*

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Evangelion probably have affected many persons, but when I read this text I noticed that I havent changed so much because of it. Probably I have, but havent noticed it yet. Im going to think about it when I go to sleep ^^.(after all, im an Evangelion freak).

(Is it a change that you start to think that your knife is a proggresiv knife? If it is in that case, then I have changed ^^)

Signature Image

watching Eva got me interested in the Biblical references and the Kabalistic faith, so I guess I could say it made me learn more, but it didn't make a revolutionary change of life.

"Every man dies, but not every man lives"

"I am ready to meet my maker, but whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter"

champ0342

champ0342

Anime's Beeotch

Eva got me hooked on anime at another level...so i guess you could say so

Signature
www.transluscent.net/perspective/
Gain a little Perspective

YES!
Eva changed my life a lot and it changing my live now...
Eva has so many "sides" and most of them can be discussed infinitly...
I started learning more about kabalah, philosophy, psyhology and other science aspects...
and after EVA I really become otaku
PS sorry for my not_perfect english, I'm learning it and I'll improve it...

SplinterCell

SplinterCell

Merooow.

The only thing I can say that NGE has changed my life was that I learned to take more chances, give in to risks, and not be a shy chicken-wuss. Don't be afraid to express what you feel. That's pretty much what it taught me. Oh! oh! and water melons make a good garden!

Signature Image

Eva changed my life. And a lot! Before eva I was always depressive, thought about suicide and had almost no faith in the world and in the human being. After eva i learned to give these thing a chance. I still remain with that ideas, but the way i live is different. I take chances, try to see the good side of stuff and have learned to trust people. Eva also though me more things about people. (I belive everybody's personality is composed by rei's, asuka's, misato's and shinji's personalities).

Eva, to me, is a phsicologycal essay, a lesson about life, it's almost my bible :P.

i didnt like eva that much but ive heared there was someone, who intended to become a serial killer because he was sure that human are useless being and the final conclusion of human race is ruin, because of evangelion. he started be killing his parents but was caught then, luckyly...

N2Heiki

N2Heiki

Devil Bats' Quarterback

Of course, this anime made me introspect myself. As someone said earlier i can relate to shinji into certain extent.
Other than that, this anime is the one that hold the responsibility for turning me into an anime-fan (can't say i'm in otaku level though).
This anime is the first one that made me hunting for wallies, pics, director name, voice actors/actresses names, and many other info related about the anime (myth, legends, etc), and oh yeah....in this anime...i had my first and eternal favorite character: Ayanami Rei-chaaaaaaan!(^o^) <3

Signature
HiruMamo!!! Yaaaa- Haaaa-

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Please refrain from bumping old threads. Threads over 4 weeks old should be left alone. If need be, a new thread can be created on the topic rather than bumping a dead thread.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.