Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Fireflies) LIVE ACTION MOVIE! - Minitokyo

Hotaru no Haka (Grave of the Fireflies) LIVE ACTION MOVIE!

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

Ever watched the movie Grave of the Fireflies by Hayao Miyazaki? yea, there is a new 2hour an 30min LIVE ACTION movie on it. I have just finnnished watching it, and the live action goes pretty well with the original movie(as well as added sceens) the charas are really well choosen^^ http://www.ntv.co.jp/hotaru/ but its soo sad! Damn, I just can't hold my tears >_< >_< >_< download the movie herehttp://bt.saiyaman.info/ any comments?

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/7673/gravelive9gc.jpg

Relinquish your Dreams of Paradise
Signature

sjade1

sjade1

theJADEDnetwork.com

I saw it in the library once and checked it out. It wasn't until after watching it did I realize it was a Miyazaki film xP. I bought the DVD later.
It's an excellent movie - in my opinion, probably one of MIyazaki's best. It had me in tears...yeah..me the tomboy =/ but I'm not ashamed. It was something to weep about *tear* bleh.
Made me think more on the impact the bombing had on the Japanese people though.

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

i didn't really watch the movie, i didn't like the drawing that much! but i was told that its a nice movie, and did u say that they had a new release thing out?!?! i ddin't get that really..

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

Ayasal, I have the movie or actually the best works of Hayao Miyazaki. 18 DVDs in one box. :D I have to watch all of them soon.

knightstar3

knightstar3

already there...

yeah, i have the grave of the fireflies and i really like it. :) it was soo sad, i cry every time i watch it. T-T hayao maiyazaki's films are great, i have this whole dvd set. XD i didn't know that there was a live action one. maybe i'll go look for it... ^^

Signature
member of COLORFUL WALLIES!
member of Hoteru-no-Shiki

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

Everyone keeps saying that it's sad, but I never really felt like crying during Grave of the Fireflies. To be sad, it was supposed to show how hard life was because of the war, but all I could feel was anger because they made their life hard themselves by not staying with their aunt. It made me angrier when the boy didn't go to his aunt even when his sister was dying.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by ShrinkNerv4EvaEveryone keeps saying that it's sad, but I never really felt like crying during Grave of the Fireflies. To be sad, it was supposed to show how hard life was because of the war, but all I could feel was anger because they made their life hard themselves by not staying with their aunt. It made me angrier when the boy didn't go to his aunt even when his sister was dying.

i kinda agree with you there ShrinkNerv4Eva-san. i didn't think it was that sad. the character development wasn't the greatest because i didn't really feel any kind of connection with them... (the boy annoyed me) i bought the dvd cuz i kept hearing "omg it's such a great/sad movie"... now i'm kinda wishing that i'd just rented the thing and not wasted the $20+ i paid for it...

however, (going back to the original question) i have not seen the live action movie. it would be interesting to see the live action to see if i am able to feel sympathy towards the characters when they are played by real people...

Signature Image

I watched it... It's a very good film. It was worth watching but... I don't ever want to see it again... It was too sad for me...

Signature Image
Open your eyes...
I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES!

sukie

sukie

IT'S WAY BETTER THAN YOURS!

=D no....sad you say...then i guess i'll watch it...sad stuff makes my laugh...*but that's just me =P* i find other ppl sufering funny to watch! =D LOL joking... i still have a heart...
i'll download it! =D

Please visit my BLOG @ [url]www.jaded.ever-falling.net[/url]
[url]www.jaded.ever-falling.netSignature Image[/url]

Dernhelm

Dernhelm

Namakemono no Ronin

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/7673/gravelive9gc.jpg

holycows! it looks like Setsuko jumped out of the screen, ne? XD

Signature
"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

Quote by Dernhelmhttp://img467.imageshack.us/img467/7673/gravelive9gc.jpg

XD it looks like they all jumped out of the screen XP they're vocies even sound like it too o_0

Signature

Dernhelm

Dernhelm

Namakemono no Ronin

you've already watched? O______O

Signature
"Bass has mysterious powers over women folk." - Bono, U2

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

real life depiction of the movie?

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

The anime never made me emotional like everyone claims it does to them.

When I heard of the live action I jumped for joy, the story is just something that is better suited for real people to be acting out.

I'll probably be bawling like an idiot while watching the live-action movie.

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

I saw some of it during 6th grade, till the part where they were outside in the garden with the fireflies and his little sister was jumping around catching them. She squished one... that poor thing. x.X Her older bother's really nice to her. T-T It was so sad...

Ayasal

Ayasal

Return, Into The Mist

Quote by Shoku

real life depiction of the movie?

yep^_____^

Signature

THE-DARK-PRINCE

THE-DARK-PRINCE

Only God can judge me

I really liked the anime movie... T_T it was really a sad movie T_T... looking forward to watching the live action movie....

..........(((~ If u have no past, u have no present and no future ~)))...........

Shoku

Shoku

Looking for past friends

Beside this movie, (off topic a bit) I watched recently Laputa: Castle in the air or Castle in the air (I am not sure if it is the first or the last title is correct)

looks nice i am locking forward to it :)

StryderHiryuu

Assassin

I have it, RAW (no subtitles) but I still haven't had time to watch it, unfortunately...

Hikari87

Hikari87

...~rabu rabu TeniPuri/Myu~...

Woah~~! That's soo cool! Yeaah, I'm gonna watch it! (& cry again... >_< *sniff*)

::*.~'*':: + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + | + ::'*'~.*::

marc

marc

Yojimbo

Definitely one to check out. Thanks Ayasal

Signature Image

Do As Infinity Forever

hehe.. I'm done downloadin the movie.. and I must say that it's really a great movie, but the problem is I don't understand japanese T_T it would be great if understand... so could you guys gemme a BT link that has subtitles in it, if there is one ofcourse pretty please

Great movie, but you guys are making a terrible mistake here: the animation version wasn't directed by Miyazaki, but by his Ghibli colleague Isao Takahata (for me as good as Miyazaki).

Subtitles can be found here: http://www.kloofy.net/ (need registration)

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.