Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - Minitokyo

Star Wars: Battlefront 2

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Did anyone here pick this up?

Just got my copy yesterday, and while I only had an hour or so to give it a try before hitting the hay, I played the tutorial and started one of the 'campaigns.'

Really enjoyed what time I had with it (and the clone trooper perspective it gives is both interesting and eerie. If you enjoyed the 3rd installment of Lucas' STAR WARS, or the clones aspect of the films in general, then I'm sure you'll appreciate this added perspective on some level). I had a blast with the first BATTLEFRONT (particularly the 'Instant Action' levels) so I've no doubt that this will deliver on that front, and on several additional aspects of the gameplay. For example, this time around you get to play as Jedi's once you earn your 'stripes.' The campain gives you a couple of opportunities right off the bat (one of them is Aayla Secura!) and it's a blast to play them in that role. They decimate their enemies (Seperatists have no chance!). Good stuff. The space battle I participated in was also a lot of fun (though I'm going to have to practice there).

Anyhow, look forward to getting a little more time with it in the coming weeks, and if it's anything like the first one, I imagine I'll be spending most of it in the 'Instant Action' portion of the game to wind down after a days work.

What about you?

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

I own and have beaten both games and I have to say that the second version is awesome. I played a multiplayer round on Kamino where I ended up spawning as Obi-Wan Kenobi three times while my friend kept spawning as Boba Fett. It's the first time that I had such an adrenaline rush trying to fight a battle on Battlefront like never before. The space combat is awesome because of the hugeness of the levels.

I also have had a blast grabbing medals for better weapons or certain abilities. I had a hard time figuring out how to use the squad comands, but, it still is very awesome. The first Battlefront was cool too, but its sequel surpasses it by far.

Sadly, I've only had a short time in the last week or so to play anything, including BATTLEFRONT 2 so I've not really been able to do much more than when I originally posted. Still...

Quote by NewLondenionI own and have beaten both games and I have to say that the second version is awesome.

Glad to hear it.

I've only begun the 'Imperial March' campaign and am a few missions in (a space battle). Admittedly, I'll need some practice where the hot-dogging in space is concerned.

Quote: I played a multiplayer round on Kamino where I ended up spawning as Obi-Wan Kenobi three times while my friend kept spawning as Boba Fett. It's the first time that I had such an adrenaline rush trying to fight a battle on Battlefront like never before.

Yea, I can't wait to get the chance to play as Boba Fett!

Curiously, given your experience with the game so far, are there levels that allow a little more open-ended play than in the previous BATTLEFRONT (which I loved regardless). In other words, while I don't mind converting the bases, etc. I'd like some time to pilot some of the vehicles, snipe Seperatists, etc. outside of frantically trying to take down an army and get the bases -- much if any of that to be found?

From what I can recall, in one of the space battles I played there seemed an opportunity to put the 'objective' off for a few minutes to have some roaming time. Any more of that?

Quote: I also have had a blast grabbing medals for better weapons or certain abilities. I had a hard time figuring out how to use the squad comands, but, it still is very awesome. The first Battlefront was cool too, but its sequel surpasses it by far.

Look forward to playing more, definitely.

Thanks for the comments.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

I'm disappointed that Bespin was left out of this one, as was the Tatooine wate lands. The ability to change your trooper in the middle of the fight is a good added feature.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

NewLondenion

NewLondenion

Chairman of Side 7

continuation:

Unfortunately, the rest of the space battles you will need to keep an eye out for what's going on around you. In these battles you will not only need to complete your objectives quickly, but you need to watch how many times you get shot down as reinforcements count. Be careful especially when piloting a heavier craft. The cps are smart enough to go after you with their fellow pilots and chop you down. Also, watch out for the auto-turret systems on enemy ships. They're very small compared to the heavy turrets and will blast you unless you keep moving.

The vehicles in the game on ground level are nothing more than tanks or walkers unless its Hoth. Down expect to be able to capture an enemy command post simply by taking to the skyand dropping behind their lines.

Finally, the medals. You receive medals depending on if you accomplish certain actions or gain enough points. One medal, called Frenzy, is earned when you make 12 kills with a blaster rifle in one life. Eventually, as you earn more of those medals, you will unlock the Elite Blaster Rifle which fires three-shot bursts. War Hero medals will give you a damage increase.

If you think getting these is a cakewalk, you are mistaken. It can be pretty difficult and you might have to change your fighting style in order to accomplish these. The benefits are only permanent if you achieve a Legendary rank in earning them (a lot of medals). So you'll have work for it, the hard way.

Quote: continuation:

Unfortunately, the rest of the space battles you will need to keep an eye out for what's going on around you. In these battles you will not only need to complete your objectives quickly, but you need to watch how many times you get shot down as reinforcements count. Be careful especially when piloting a heavier craft. The cps are smart enough to go after you with their fellow pilots and chop you down. Also, watch out for the auto-turret systems on enemy ships. They're very small compared to the heavy turrets and will blast you unless you keep moving.

Coincidentally, I did get some time yesterday evening (as a break from exam studies) to play -- though I went with the 'Instant Action' setting (easily my favorite part of the first BATTLEFRONT) rather than continuing the campaign as I knew I wouldn't have the time to devote full attention to it.

And thanks for the space-specifics.

As it stands, I'm on the 2nd space mission now in the 'Imperial March' and it was indeed the gun turrets that made short work of me. Funny enough I went a couple of trys with no problem while stalking fighters, but after dying for reasons related to the dog fight itself, I wasn't able to escape those turrets right out of the chute several times in a row after that. Time being at a premium I had to leave it at that for a week or so -- but I look forward to playing again when things calm down soon.

Quote: The vehicles in the game on ground level are nothing more than tanks or walkers unless its Hoth.

Hoth was one of the levels I tried for the first time last night and I had a lot of fun (and some success) there. Got to play as Skywalker for the majority of the time and really, once he's on the field (and near enemies...Hoth is large) it's game over for the enemies in the open terrain.

Quote: Finally, the medals. You receive medals depending on if you accomplish certain actions or gain enough points. One medal, called Frenzy, is earned when you make 12 kills with a blaster rifle in one life. Eventually, as you earn more of those medals, you will unlock the Elite Blaster Rifle which fires three-shot bursts. War Hero medals will give you a damage increase.

Now, do these weapons unlock permanently, or during each play-through?

For example, I've got to admit that it's a little dissappointing not to be able to play as my favorite Clone Trooper (Jet-Trooper) right off the bat as things stand now (IOW, I've not yet been able to see how everything works). Are the characters, outside of the Jedi and special characters, ever permanently available?

It's just odd to be able to play the Jet-Trooper, among other characters, at will in the first installment, but in the 2nd to be limited in that regard...at least until you score enough points to unlock them in-game.

Minor complaints though, having a blast so far.

Thanks for the added detail.

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.