Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 World Cup 2006 (football, known as soccer in a country) - Minitokyo

World Cup 2006 (football, known as soccer in a country)

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

Are there anyone here that are looking forward to see it ?

I do... even if I won't be able to see the weekday matches thanks to work (it will be morning or really early morning for me).

So almost the qualified are known for the competition who will begin on the 9 june in Germany.

Qualified teams: Germany, Argentina, Japan, Iran, South Korea, Saudi Arabia, Ukraine, USA, Brazil, Mexico, Angola, Togo, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Holland, Poland, England, Croatia, Italy, Tunisia, Portugal, Ecuador, Paraguay, Costa Rica, France, Sweden, Serbia and Montenegro.

There are still five other places. Not really likely to see Australia but it will be so nice to have a Pacific country... even if it will probably compete as an asian team next time. (Geography is a little different when it comes to football).

I didn't have to type all the teams thanks to this page : http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/4208308.stm

Most of the people see Brazil as the usual winner. Other strong contenders : Argentina, Holland and err... Portugal ?

I will support Portugal (but only if a certain player will play), England and Holland. Maybe a little Japan and South Korea, well it was really nice to see how South Korea did well last World Cup.

You can talk here about anything related to World Cup 2006.

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

im really looking forward to it. i think its a great opportunity to bring the world cup back home to england. i really really dont want to get knocked out of the competition on penalties yet again!

http://futurama-fan-group.minitokyo.net/ for all those who like futurama

im an italian supporter!
so... Italy is going to win this world cup!

i think i'll see only italy and brazil's matches

Kairi-Hearts

Kairi-Hearts

~sitting in the silence~

Of Course I'll support my country ->Portugal ^^

eheh were you talking about Cristiano Ronaldo? :P
x)

SkyKing8

SkyKing8

No One Can Ever Replace You

I'm from England so I have to support them. :D Their a great nation who are very passionate about the game who also have great talents in Terry, A. Cole, Owen, Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Beckham plus many others. But I'm not only be watching them as I also like Brazil with their attacking flair and the way they play. Hope that the World Cup brings everyone together as its one of the best competitons.

But in the mean time I'll be watching my favourite club team Liverpool and hope they more trophies this season :D

There's meaning in everything that happens in the unseen future,
So stay as you are for now, I know there'll come a time when you realize it.
You and me, two are spoken.
Someday we'll understand each other. Signature Image

uchiha-heine

uchiha-heine

destiny wings

WELL WELL FOR ME
i'll support
portogul of course cause i love all the players there :
c.ronaldo he is my best player , manich , ricardo , costinha , figo , nuno gomes ,
and all the players but i don't know why scolarey don't get quaresma from porto his play is like c. ronaldo

and almina i love this thread

for kairi you guessed it right

rsocg

rsocg

of course, as would anyone who loves football.
i support Italy as well, since my country didn't reach the finals.
but i'll be in the army by then :sweat:

If only life was like maple story.

mukAi-

mukAi-

~juSt mE~

Im actually looking forward to it. I wana see my country, Australia, in it. But it is highly unlikley :( grrr . Right now im more concerned with the Champions Leauge. Go liverpool :) I hope they will win AGAIN this year!

Signature
You did it again / All you ever do i doubt,
What do you want / Let me tell you what its all about.

i'll support germany !
and i hope we can win the world cup.
i think we win vs. england in the final (penalties) ;)

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

I've been following Japan soccer, so I'll cheer for them. However, I don't know if they will do very well... their defense is pretty pathetic.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

7miLeDog

7miLeDog

Dark Ranger

I will support Mexico, i live in Mexico of course.
The main candidaters to win the World Cup, i think are Brazil, Germany, England, Holland, Mexico and maybe Italy.

CTrigger

CTrigger

scatterbrain

I don't support any particular country (I've only recently gained interest in watching football). It was fun watching the qualifiers (what more the World Cup finals itself).

I'll be keeping an eye for France because I think they're the wild card as critics are already writing them off. I'd also like to see how South Korea will fare in the competition next year.

Signature
thanks to master k1ru for my signature

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

I live in Costa Rica, so I support the Costa Rica selection, Germany will be our third world cup!

I support the selection of Costa Rica and Japan, I hope they play a good role in the world cup

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

Oh I don't support my nation team, not that it's bad... if we talf about France and not the one from Tahiti. But it's just that my favourite team is Manchester United (yes, I know it isn't in a great form) so I tend to support more some players from this club.

About France team... I'm kind of puzzled about the voice Zidane has said to hear to explain his coming back...

Signature

uchiha-heine

uchiha-heine

destiny wings

well hey guys

sorry for telling this but in this cup no one will stop portogul from europe

heheheheh

but i think that brazil and argentina will play on the final

Noir666

Noir666

Headbanger Extrodinaire

I am the 1st born in Canada (1984) in my family. My nationality: Poland. I visited once in summer of 1992. I plan to go this summer (2006) for 4 months (to celebrate finishing college), and yes I will be visiting our next door neighbour (Germany) to see some games.

My goals this summer is to be involved in a soccer riot.

GO POLAND!

Bleach filler > Naruto filler

CTrigger

CTrigger

scatterbrain

I wonder how far England will go in the World Cup. They've got some great talents, woe for them their goalkeeper sucks (what's his name again?, hehe). Certainly isn't a world-class goalie as far as I can see.

As for the Champions League, I think either Chelsea or Juventus will win this year (sorry Liverpool fans, I think they don't have a chance of defending their crown).

Signature

Quote by Noir666
My goals this summer is to be involved in a soccer riot.

GO POLAND!

errr... well, nice to know (probably one of the strangest goals I have heard about)

merged: 11-05-2005 ~ 01:21am

Quote by CTriggerI wonder how far England will go in the World Cup. They've got some great talents, woe for them their goalkeeper sucks (what's his name again?, hehe). Certainly isn't a world-class goalie as far as I can see.

As for the Champions League, I think either Chelsea or Juventus will win this year (sorry Liverpool fans, I think they don't have a chance of defending their crown).

I don't remember, so there was Calamity James, but I don't think he's still the main goalkeeper... and well Ferdinand isn't really good now, I hope Gary Neville will make it.

I hope Chelsea won't win (or at least that they won't make a treble), in the other hand, if they disrupt so much Premiership maybe it's just fait that they disrupt too CL.

Signature

I'am Dominican Republic that's on the caribean sea we don't have a team
but GO BRAZIL

SouthernBoy504

SouthernBoy504

Da Southern Don

Even though I represent, Mexico, France and USA (my heritages) I've always been rooting for Mexico, they have a strong hold on every game they play and I'll be supporting my team of Mexico all the way to win the world cup, even if France or America manages to win (which might be unlikely, no offense lol) I'll be fine with that too. :)

Signature Image
Thanks to Philyra for the sig and avy

InuyashaOVA

InuyashaOVA

Half-Demon

i can't wait for the 2006 World Cup to start. like most people i'll probably be watching it on tv, but if i get lucky i will actually get to go to see them in Germany. My support is for England and France-> both contain my favorite players...i wonder what it would be like if they were all on the same team?

Well the last 5 teams are known, there are :
- Australia (what a surprise)
- Trinidad and Tobago (another surprise)
- Switzerland
- Spain (qualify the hard way)
- the Czech Republic (was unlucky to be in the same group that Netherlands)

The draw takes place in Leipzig on December 9.

Signature

CTrigger

CTrigger

scatterbrain

Quote by almina

Quote by CTriggerI wonder how far England will go in the World Cup. They've got some great talents, woe for them their goalkeeper sucks (what's his name again?, hehe). Certainly isn't a world-class goalie as far as I can see.

I don't remember, so there was Calamity James, but I don't think he's still the main goalkeeper... and well Ferdinand isn't really good now, I hope Gary Neville will make it.

I hope Chelsea won't win (or at least that they won't make a treble), in the other hand, if they disrupt so much Premiership maybe it's just fait that they disrupt too CL.

I was referring to England's new goalkeeper, Robinson (sorry I didn't mention). "Calamity" James is even worse, much worse. Robinson is pretty decent (compared to James) but still lacks the skill to propel England past the big dogs in next year's World Cup IMO.

With regards to Chelsea, it's not like I hate their club but the buying power of Roman Abramovich just spoils the image of football. Even the president of FIFA acknowledges that.

Quote by alminaWell the last 5 teams are known, there are :
- Australia (what a surprise)
- Trinidad and Tobago (another surprise)
- Switzerland
- Spain (qualify the hard way)
- the Czech Republic (was unlucky to be in the same group that Netherlands)

The draw takes place in Leipzig on December 9.

Australia surprised me too.

I feel sorry for Bahrain. So close yet so far. Trinidad and Tobago beat them to it.

As for Spain, it's expected for them to qualify and yeah, they did it the hard way.

Signature

Im looking forward to see world Cup in Germany.. Its so exciting to wait for the placing national in groups. Dont want Sweden to be in a same group as Brazil and Argentina.
GO SWEDEN!

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 123 total items

Back to Hobbies & Sports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.