Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Whats the deal with shinigami?(Bleach) - Minitokyo

Whats the deal with shinigami?(Bleach)

Tagged under Bleach

page 1 of 1 14 total items

I was recently watching another anime that also had shinigami (death gods) and they were portrayed in a totally different manner. I was Later told that compared to it Bleach is watered down, but I love it regardless. So does any one know whats up with that?

the shinigami in Bleach are awesome. Especially the GOTEI13. Also which is the other anime you are referring to?

I looked it up on some random encyclopedias and from what I found, the whole idea of the "Shinigami" is relatively recent (in comparison to the ancient Japanese myths).
"Shinigami is a term originally used for translating personifications of death, such as Death and the Grim Reaper, but later evolved into unique fantastic characters in original Japanese works of fiction, such as manga. The term "shinigami" may also be used more loosely to refer to any god associated with death. Although death deities have existed in Shintoism, they are usually not referred to as shinigami."
So, yeah... it's pretty much the writer's prerogative about how he/she wants the Shinigami to behave.

yea.. but what is that other anime that has Shinigamis in it?
I never heard of any other anime except Bleach.. that has death gods..

I dream of angels, but I live with demons

deathnote also got shinigami

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Saw a wall of Tengou Tenge (the manga version) of Natsume Shin (note Shin + Death [or am I reading to much into it?]) with the Kanji for shinigami same as in Bleach. In his case I'd reackon that it's merely a title i.e. Shin was like a death god in the sence that he used a uge sword and butchered people around him (not really killing them though). Taking in account what sthenia said, I'd say that here it is comparible with the Hells Angels who aren't literally angels, bt its merely a nickname.

In Bleach the concept devolved more to the level of a personalized Death Gods (who read Terry Pratchetts Reaper Man were every spesie received its own Death or Reaper man?).

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

Whats the deal with shinigami?(Bleach)

they kick ass.nuff said

The other anime I was referring to which had shinigami is called "Jigoku Shoujo" I saw only one episode and I was told that what was in that series were the less watered down versions of Shinigami.

I like the Bleach interpretation better though.

ah... Jigoku Shoujo does have a version of "shinigami" but I think it's a little different because they work privately, I guess you could say. They're not being shinigami because of fate, they're doing it for revenge. hmmm... well, I guess we'll have to wait for more eps of Jigoku Shoujo to see how they explain it. ^_^

sukumei

sukumei

Running A Critiquing Service

yeah bleach is a bit more into pure shinigami

I would like to run a friendly critiquing service for Minitokyo artists. I will try to make my opinions professional and defiantly unbiased although i will speak ideas for the general public. Critiquing service MT thread

Theres a lot of meaning to shinigami. The one they use in BLEACH means death god. They are the god of death (the gods that are able to kill and live long). Get me...? I do. I am like what... 12(in profile i lied). And u dont get it. Its probally because of my sis. LOL. ^^ Other animes can have different things. Such as the manga Death Note. Their shinigamis have death notes. See how it can be different? Yeah... ? No? Well... try ta. Others may think that shinigami means sumthing else but there are also a lot of different languages. Try to search before you watch the anime or read the book. K.

Just trying to research this anime alone has led me to believe that many of its ideas are based upon the whole idea of "shinigami" or Death god. Then I wonder about the hell butterflies, the soul slayers (or what ever name they go by), the soul slayer's release plus Bankai, and all the other stuff that seem to obviously not be apart of what a shinigami is ,but, what makes Bleach all the more exciting.

i don't i know whats up with shinigami but i sure do love full moon wo sagashite shinigami goodness :)

the gotei are the man nothing can beat them!

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.