Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Guns...should they be in every household? - Minitokyo

Guns...should they be in every household?

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

I don't know about you guys, but I tend to forget how insecure my family is at home. We would be literally helpless if an armed theif broke through one of our windows. In this case, our kitchen knives and decorative Chinese swords will be as effective as indians' arrows against settlers' guns.

Sure, there are risks to keeping a gun in the house. But really...even in the most peaceful neighborhood, wouldn't one just feel safer with a gun in the house just in case? To me, it's as necessary as having a telephone for communication.

So...do you think every house should have guns or have some sort of weapon as self-defense? Why should we and why should we not? I truthfully think there are greater risks the lack of a gun in the house.

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

Redimer

Redimer

Edge Master of the Platinum

Sadly the most of the accident are with a gun in the house, the children play and shoot without known the risk....

I think that violence make more violence, the defense is very important, but theres another method....

If you know how to use a sword or know personal defense, I think that the guns are innecesary

There are several things that cause monsters.
The first is the glory of God

That depends. If you want your house to get robbed, or you to get injured/murdered, then no, you don't need a gun. Unless you wanna use the gun to injure/murder yourself, then a gun would be awfully useful.

Magihunt

The End.

Personally I find that the use of guns is barbaric. should be in ANY hands at all. It it's to be used - it has to be BELOW the belt or the arms.

Just recently there making it so you can have machine guns in USA right?

Personally - I'd say no guns unless it has a load capacity of TWO.

how often are you going to get robbed..?

The beginning is past - the end is to come. I'll show you what was around before the end comes.

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

If you ban all guns the chances become less and less that some one will ever threaten you with a gun. I'm in Australia where guns are very limited and funnily enough crimes involving guns are relatively rare. The Malaysians have it beautifully sussed out and it's virtually a hanging crime to even be in possession of a bullet .... very very wise of them

I agree with Griffin there. If society worked hard enough to enforce firearms laws and kept on their promise to punish the evil. We wouldn't need any of it. If I seriously had a gun in my house that I kept 'easy enough to access if robbed' i'd be worried more about accidents if the little tykes in my family come for a visit and find it..trigger lock or not, it's more dangerous to me in the house than out

Another nod to Griffin. I think the fewer people who have guns the better. It certainly seems to work in other countries just fine. Arming the population doesn't seem to be the answer. As for owning a gun to make ones family more secure doesn't seem right to me. Sure you could fend off an errant burglar but the danger to ones own family out of mishandling seems to be much higher. Kids taking these firearms to school causing havoc or hurting themselves. Property can be replaced but life cannot.

I think that only those who want guns should have them and the law needs to be laxed in some and the current laws inforced in others.

shinorei

shinorei

Noob Queen.

Well, the chances of getting a break-in in your house is like, one in million. And, not every country allows their citizens to be in possession of a gun even though they have a license. So, say NO to guns today, it's a bit scary to handle anyway.

Furthermore, if you DO have a break-in at home, normal kitchen knives will do good defense anyhow. They're equally sharp and scary. (except that you're used to handling this kind of sharp stuff)

Signature

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

My familey don't have guns in our house! For one we would all be tempted to shoot each other.....J/K. I really don't care My house is scary on its own to think about someone coming out of the corn field that is next to my house would be just way to creepy! My family is too laid back to have a gun in the house! I have bats by my bed if someone did but other than that it don't really bother us! My sister ex broke into our house one night to get back a stuffed animal that he had given her! It was the funniest thing ever! The creep went through her underware drawer! And just to let you know that wasn't were the stuffed animal was! My family back then didn't lock the doors to our house back then, so that is how he got in! But I really don't care aslong as it is somewhere that a little kid can't get to its fine by me!

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

Remember how the US came to be, by ordinary people standing up against the government (in this case the British). This is why we have the RIGHT to bear arms. I don't mind people using guns responsibly. Responsibility is the key word here.

Guns should be put away and locked up so children cannot get to them. I do remember an article where a priest was able to save his life because he had a gun. Did he kill the assailant? No, he simply immobilized him.

I do not want to be told how to live my life by the government. They do not own me nor do I want them to. Be responsible.

I think that is why the US has too many assinine laws, due to the people being irresponsible.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

I support private ownership of fire arms. The example raised about accidental death when children play with the fire arms is not a problem of ownership, but a problem of lack of education and precaution. If the parents do not educate their children and do not keep the fire arms in a place that the children cannot access, accidental death is all their own fault, not the fault of the freedom to bear arms. When parents do educate their kids and do take all the necessary precautions, then the possession of fire arms in the home as a defensive measure should be allowed.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

i say everyone should have a 50cal deserteagle. that way no kid can cock it and no one would steal cause they would be mising something if you hit them. there would be no theft cause all the peice of Sh*t theivs would be dead. Or to scared to steal.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I feel that guns should not too many things happen when a kids uses it and injures him or herself.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Nedel

Nedel

The armor, the rose, the one

I guess guns could be acceptable in houses, but only if they are locked up or somewhere what kids won't find it. As for me, I practiced martial arts for about 5 years and got my good tachi friend :)

(\ /) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature
(O.o) to help him on his way to world domination.
(> <)

I dont think everybody should have a gun..
that way everybody thinks he's allowed to shoot everybody that trespasses or something. Or kids could go all zerk on school when they found daddy's gun..

So ill stick my Lord of the rings sword for anyone who dares to enter my domain xD muahahaha!

For those of you who think guns should be legal, what happens if a criminal gets hold of them? On the other hand, many people argue that if owning guns was illegal, criminals would probably still be able to get their guns in the black market, and we innocent people would be defenseless against them.

Both sides of this argument make sense, but personally,
I think guns should be illegal. They are too harmful to leave in the normal household.

Syngo

Syngo

Laughing in my head 24/7.

The reason guns are legal in the first place is so that every American could defend themselves from foreign invasion. Seeing how there is no significant threat to the U.S. anymore, I guess manufacturing and distubution laws should be changed to minimalize crime involving firearms.

Sepharimstone36

Sepharimstone36

Bishie Hunter

In the unlikely case that you are getting robbed or someone would try to hurt you I think it is good to have a gun around to defend yourself. As for safety precautions you should be licensed to have one and have it kept somewhere safe..

Magihunt

The End.

All the way with self-defence with Umbrellas!

Do you realise how dangerous they are... I mean c'mon - dispite it's softish nylon look the frame is like really hard and whippy... the end is pointy and well... It's the same size as a Sabre.... It's deadly as... and could hurt SO much more then a gun o.O

Tennis ball and Raquet combinations are deadly too...
Never underestimate the power of simple household and sporting items!

The beginning is past - the end is to come. I'll show you what was around before the end comes.

zelious

zelious

Sleep is Gooood....

well i think a knife will be okay. i have my reasons for not choosing a gun. a bat can also help.

Guns are only a nessecery part of life and death, It would be good if we did not need or have them yet it would be good to keep guns in housholds for safety reasons to protect against other evil sinners and so on.

My solution to firearm violence is along the lines of Cold War strategy. During the Cold War, nobody used nukes because everybody had them. So I say, arm everyone, teach them to be proficient in caring for their gun, and make sure that carrying a sidearm is mandatory EVERYWHERE.
We had a case in Texas several years back where a man burst into a Dennys and killed a bunch of people. One woman in the Dennys had a gun, but it was outside in her car. She was a crack shot, and if she had had it with her, she could have possibly taken the man out and saved lives. But it was against the law at the time for her to have it in the restaurant, and so she left it in her car. The result? Innocent people die to the lawbreaker.
That's why Texas passed a law allowing it to be legal to carry concealed firearms.
But I say, forget concealing. Everyone should be armed all the time.

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

Quote by Dr1zzt05i say everyone should have a 50cal deserteagle. that way no kid can cock it and no one would steal cause they would be mising something if you hit them. there would be no theft cause all the peice of Sh*t theivs would be dead. Or to scared to steal.

Now that's the best argument against having guns on this list. It sure convinces me that you have to be very careful about who you let own one.

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.