Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Guns...should they be in every household? - Minitokyo

Guns...should they be in every household?

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

If you don't want a gun don't have one, it's that simple. I was raised around guns, I was taught safe handleing and use of firearms and above all respect for them and their use. The gun is an equalizer, it gives some one 4' 5" the power to stand equally with a 6' 2" person in good health that knows hand to hand combat. But it all takes common sense and training to use a firearm safely.

If you don't have the common sense to use a gun then of course you shouldn't have one. And if you think others should not have one, then you shouldn't have the rights to make that decision either.

"Those that would trade their liberties for security will have neither." -Ben Franklin

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

Having a gun at home can be really helpful when defending yourself. At least if you just have a crapy FN Five-seveN, that's better than nothing. Here in Mexico, uptown neighborhoods are prime targets for robbers, and you can actually see an ADT alarm on every single home. Plus, 2 of my friends were or witnessed people jacked from their cars by some armed bastard. Now, imagine the same 2 stories, but with a .454 Casull revolver.

Plus, guns are cool, and imposing. No one would dare screaming at me if they see I'm carrying a .454 Casull Desert Eagle like Alucard's, with bullets as powerful as a Kalashnikov AK-47 shot.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i believe in private ownership... i live in a city that has somewhat of a crime problem (huge understatement) and the city is trying to pass an ordinance banning all firearms in the area, except for police, etc. i do not think that it would be a good idea to ban guns outright because then it would just encourage a black market. the people who want guns will find a way to get them-- legal or not. so all the criminals will be armed and the law abiding citizens will be sitting ducks.

if you have gone through some kind of training/safety course and are mentally stable then i see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to have some form of protection.

Signature Image

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

I am absolutely in favor of a highly armed society. People are less likely to want to go up against an armed victim.

I am invincible!

Quote by SyngoThe reason guns are legal in the first place is so that every American could defend themselves from foreign invasion. Seeing how there is no significant threat to the U.S. anymore, I guess manufacturing and distubution laws should be changed to minimalize crime involving firearms.

Actually they're legal so American citizens could defend themselves from an oppressive government. Foreign invasion was a secondary concern. Dictators throughout history favored disarming the population "for their own safety."

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

It is so obvious your an American...i'm assuming this without looking and i'm quite sure i'ld be right in saying so. As you might have guessed i'm not. Keeping a gun in your house is stupid.....having possesion of a gun is stupid. Even if it is for self defence many people are to stupid to even know what self defence is.
Kids are knocking on ym door constantly so i'll defend myself and shoot them (some of the little bastards deserve to be shot anyway). The ideology that you need a gun to defend yourself would be the main reason firearms are such a problem in the world. Two people meet and have an argument......both are armed.....Sooner or later one will pull out a gun in self defence.....the other will pull out a gun and shoot in self defence.
Would you rather be defenceless in a fist fight and get beat up or would you rather have a gun for for your own safety and then get killed in the fight?

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

bindermichi

bindermichi

Slayer of Tomatoes

Guns? at home?

If you are that afraid of burglers, why don't install an alarm, some secure locks, a video system, movement trackers in front of your house, some bars on your window... to show every criminal in the area that this house could be worth braking in.

... and then move into the house next door.

"Guns aren't killing, it's the frightned people who bought them"

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

Quote: Sadly the most of the accident are with a gun in the house, the children play and shoot without known the risk....

thats why you put the safety on and dont chamber a round

people have a right to protect themselves (self-preservation); now how the hell can you protect yourself if you dont have a gun? a knife wont work unless your close, and its illegal to carry a large knife or sword (plus a sword would be clumsy inside your home)

and martial arts wont work against guns, and alot of people cant physically do martial arts because of disabilities

and think of homeland security: if terrorists or others managed to create an uprising in the country, how would citizens defend themselves? (assuming the military hasnt been called in)

think of a revolution: without firearms, a revolution wouldnt have happened

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

Here's one criminal's opinion on gun control:

Sammy "the Bull" Gravano, the Mafia turncoat, was asked about gun control in an interview in Vanity Fair.

"Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters," Gravano said. "I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins."

What a scary and violent society !

I don't think that gun ownership resolvers anything. In my country weapons are strictly regulated... so the ownership of weapons is really low... and we don't have really few incidents with weapons, and none like a man angry shooted at his former employers and colleagues, or Bowling Columbine.

But anyway if the american feel great that 40 000 (?) of them die each year because of gunfire, 90 000 of them are injured and it is the second death cause for young -15 to 24 years old. I guess that they have their reasons that I don't understand. Well at least, I know that the first maericans weren't really interested by having gunfires.

Signature

bloodsorrow

bloodsorrow

White Ball of Healing Light

I believe that private citizens should be allowed to own and carry personal firearms as long as they are fit to do so. There are two many people out there with guns that do not have the level of responsibility or mental capacity to be able to own one without endangering themselves or others. This is the problem you need to fix if you want to curb the amount of deaths. Outlawing guns is not the answer in my opinion. As for the US being dangerous in terms of gun deaths, it is actually one of the safest countrys. There are an estimated 14 deaths by guns per 100,000 people in the US, but Russia (which has some of the most strict gun control policies of any country) has over 80 deaths by gun per 100,000. That makes it one of the most dangerous. People always like to look at the total number of deaths, but fail to factor in the total population. If you do that, I think you will see that a lot of these countrys that you thought were safe are not as safe as originally thought. By the way, the amount of deaths in the US caused by guns in 2000 was around 13,000, and this icluded people shot by police. You must always remember that people can warp the numbers to make their point. You must make an effort to look up the facts yourself. I would even encourage you to ignore the info I gave you and look it up for yourself, and then make your own decisions. This info is what I found and I made my decisions from it.

Marzuki

Marzuki

VERGE

I think it should be.....look at todays world....war.....home made bombs .....dr.azahari suicide.....shoot out in your house....u donno when u need it...i mean in a secured way,not blastin way

We are not alone....

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

i think it should be mandatory that gun owners should go through gun safety training BEFORE they get their weapon. . . that could help

Signature

Charmaynard

Charmaynard

The Best Part Of Waking Up

Well, I hear in Switzerland, because they don't have a standing army. They have a militia. So guns are necessary in every house. and they have one of they lowest percentages of gun deaths in the world. Why? Because children are taught about guns and brought up with them. It's no big deal. Such is not the case in America. Still. I own a handgun, and I feel very secure in my house. But i've also been trained in pistol combat. That's the thing. The problem is that almost anyone can buy a gun, but they don't have to take classes to know how to use it. If you had to show certification that you went to a class on pistol or rifle training before you were allowed to purchase one, i think it would decrease the gun related deaths.

Try The Lizard, You'll Love It.

Quote by NedelAs for me, I practiced martial arts for about 5 years and got my good tachi friend :)

that is fine is you can fight better then the criminal. but with a gun the plan is equal.

Ringbell

Ringbell

Rage!

I don't have to worry about that in my country (Sweden). And somehow, we seem to do just fine without them. Can you imagine that all you gunfreaks out there?

Anyway, the US is a crazy place.

Gun.. it not good to have it u might use it shot someone someday you l will never know

platt

platt

Dreamer

If a criminal breaks into a house, knowing that there might be a person with a gun living there, they would kill the person if he noticed him. If every house in a country had a gun, the "soft" criminals would stop, but the ones who don't mind killing someone would still be there. And if they see someone as they enter a house, they think "he's got a gun, better shoot him", because everyone owns a gun.

"Your god person puts an apple tree in the middle of a garden and says:
- Do what you like guys, oh, but don't eat the apple.
Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha"."

Platt
If the non-soft criminals would shoot someone with a gun, what would they do to someone with out a gun?

Criminals break in to homes when people are home what are the home owners to do?

Do you think that the criminals care if you are running away or fighting for your life. I a criminals mind ether way it is something that they have to stop. By running away the criminal knows that it won't be long before police come, so they shoot you in the back. Fighting you have a chance. I can't fight I never learned karate of any thing so with out a gun I would not stand a chance one on one with someone.

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

firearms were made for a purpose; so were knives

a knife is just as deadly as a firearm within 25ft, so if firearms should be banned, then so should knives

Signature

even though guns are useful, i think its stupid they let so many guns to ordinary people, people who don't need them.

when they wanna go hunting, they could rent one and shoot the hell out of the wildlife, instead of hanging one over the door.

only law inforcement can carry them...

but they're everywhere...and i hate that...T.T

platt

platt

Dreamer

Scarecrow22
Hopefully just threathen him. But you do make a good point there. Still I don't think a gun would help that much. Actually, I think a dog would be much better than any gun. It can wake you up if someone enters, and you can call the police. A regular alarm should be about as effective. A gun just creates a false confidence, making you think that you can take the one who broke in by yourself.

Surprise surprise, they eat it and he leaps out from behind a bush shouting "Gotcha"."

julian1

julian1

Pursuer Of Darkness

the guns will be useless if you know some good old martial arts.

Signature

platt

platt

Dreamer

Sure, just kick the gun out of someones hands when he stands five meters from you. Good luck!

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.