Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Guns...should they be in every household? - Minitokyo

Guns...should they be in every household?

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Genevieve-galz

Genevieve-galz

+* PyNk LoVe *+

Gun...? Noope we dun haf gun in my family household. Erm..lol why shuld it b used in every household btwz? @_@; OH! i think i know why lol, so dat we could shoot robbers, theifs terrorist if they ever broke into out house hehe..
also! depends on which gun ur talking bout too ;) my lil cousin owns a gun which splurts water out if u press da u'know...thingy..erm wat is it call anywayz..? ^_^; i dunno sori...
key yea i think its a bit dangerous keeping a gun in our household, if there's a serious argument between members in a family...hell dat member migt jus shoot dat person who turns out to he's lil sis...awww >_<
lol dangerous! A BIG no NO!

*...ShiNinG PaRaDizE...*
Signature Image

candy-chan

I posted where my statistics came from. They are from neutral sites that have no political affiliation. If I were to put biased information down, it wouldn't be worth crap. That is why I provide the source of my information :)

I am not trying to drive some political propaganda, only the truth.

I read through this all, and I just have to post that I agree with most of the people on here. Mainly these wonderful ones, which when I read through I wrote down their names.

rikenbomb
EternalParadox
bweb
Duuz
SekiRyuu
RanmaS
bloodsorrow
Charmaynard
wolfco
Sallyf322
FredGreg
Arinami
JLSL
Bwayzoe
Elwood
Buford

What can I say? I was bored, not to mention this is a very emotional thing for me.
Where I live guns of any kind are baned, they're even getting rid of the toy guns my little brother plays with.

Most of my family (Mother, Father, older brother and sister, Grandmother, and Grandfather) was murdered by a robber who broke in with a pistol. All of my family members knew how to shoot a gun, and we used to own a bunch. We'd go out and practice on the range, we were in the NRA club, my father and grandfather were hunters. I grew up knowing about guns, and knowing that I shouldn't play with them because I could hurt myself or others.
Anyway, I know for a fact that if my family could have gotten to the rifle that used to hang above our fire place, most of them would still be here.

It all comes down to one thing. Guns do kill people, but so do knife and bats. It's all about the people who are behind it all. You people who think that they should bans guns everywhere really need to think about that. When it comes to the people who want to kill people with guns, whether they're banned or not, they will somehow get them.

I realize that a bunch of other people put out better points then me, not to mention explained reasons better, but I still wanted to show what I believed.

.......I regret your loss. My condolences.

Thank you

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

wow, thats a devestating loss. . . i feel sorry for you

now i wanna put this "guns are bad" and "war is bad" crap to rest:

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

the gun was originally made as a weapon of war, and like so many other tactical impliments, like GPS, it became a civilian tool as well; now if there were no wars, then there may not be any (or few) guns

but many modern technologies were created through the military; so if there were no wars, we would still be in the medieval age

believe it or not, war is actually a good thing in terms of population control and technological developments

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

I live in nyc so gun is not allow unless you have a licence for it, but is a pain to get one because of the tough gun laws. i think it should be allow because even in the city people have guns in their out that they got from an other state or in the black market. seem like everyone has one so why not make it ligel. my brother that came back from iraq not long ago he agree that guns should be ligel, he believe that crame rate could go down if everyone has a gun because everyone now they all got guns and they will be afraid to rob someone. which to me i can see his point, but not really sure if that would be true or not.

Harati

Harati

Supreme Overlord!

I think guns shounldn't be in household because if the criminal breaks in your house and finds the gun you may be a gonner. Also, if your parents shot the gun by accident then they may pay the price for murder.

tanteikun

tanteikun

Kawaikunai!

Yes, every houshold should be equipped with one.

Signature
Shinjutsu wa Itsumo Hitotsu

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

Knives, bats, but not guns.
Just ask the Americans how they go on with their guns.

If someone wants to actually kill, there are lots of ways to do so. That's sad, but that's true. Guns are only parts of a wide range of possibilities. So, from this statement many people tend to say 'hey, if some people can get that kind of weaponry, then I should also have the same thing to protect myself. Fight fire with fire!' That's certainly an interesting point of view. However...
You're really a bad guy. And I mean a BAD guy. You may even have your name on some police black list of a sort. Now you decide to rob someone. You know everybody could have a gun in your country, so it would be stupid not to count on the fact that your victim may also have one. So of course you're going to get one too. One big gun... And if you're armed, God only knows what could happen next.

In my country, gun ownership is strictly monitored. I'm sure it is possible for someone with the 'right' connections to find a gun without a license and without a decalaration to the police, but as a whole it's not that easy. Regularly, there are some discussions about the "let guns be legal' stuff. So far, everytime it ended up with the idea that this could bring an escalation of violence. Remember the cold war? Everybody wanting to have more lethal bombs and suchlike? Same idea... Moreover, the main idea over there is that it is the police job to keep things more or less under control, it is not up to the people to make their own kind of justice...

I never intended to offend anyone on this thread, but to me, guns should be banned. People who truly want to kill will do it anyway, so we should try to limit the number of cases where people got killed by stupid guys who could not cope with the idea that they had a gun in their hands.

What I can say is this "No guns" What's with this frenzy of getting a gun! It's madness.It's like you invite death in your own house! I live in a country where guns are banned, illegal and you can't owen a gun just like that.
I'm amazed to see in the evening news something like "kid of 16 kills his teachers and classmates" this happening in America or another country that approves guns.
It's not enough that we have knives, drugs and God knows what else at our disposal.
I do agree an one thing if there is a gun in a house BE RESPONSABLE!

Who believes in the convincing power of logics has never talked to an angry woman.

Shinsengumi89

Shinsengumi89

The Watcher of Movies

Guns in every house? Whats this world coming to? I never plan to buy a gun, never. I know martial arts and fencing. I am not someone who wants a gun, guns just make it eaiser for people to kill, and if you remember in most cases killing is bad!

I have never been robbed, and i live right next to one of the most dangerous cities in my country, that city is Camden, New Jersey. And if i do die because i don't have a gun well so what, it won't matter because i won't know i'm dead, because i'll be dead.

http://mt-environmentalists.minitokyo.net/ -Protect the Environment
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ - Philosophy is disscused here.
http://true-colors.minitokyo.net/ - Human Rights Group
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ - We help bridge the gaps between the different sexual orientations.

Krawczyk

Wzwejtes

Quote by SekiRyuui wanna put this "guns are bad" and "war is bad" crap to rest:

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." -Plato

the gun was originally made as a weapon of war, and like so many other tactical impliments, like GPS, it became a civilian tool as well; now if there were no wars, then there may not be any (or few) guns

but many modern technologies were created through the military; so if there were no wars, we would still be in the medieval age

believe it or not, war is actually a good thing in terms of population control and technological developments

ooo good post, 3stars! :)
Yeah everyone seems to think that the medieval age was held back by war...not so, it was the church that held rapid advancement back until the Rennasiance period, anyone of abnormally high intellect was derided as an athiest, a blasphemer, or worse. Technology started to really take off during Renn, some a bit too advanced for its time though. (Hey Leo!)

A fish should swim thrice: in water, in sauce, and in wine.

Kyuoto

Kyuoto

Engineered buddy

If you are asking to be robbed, then sure, why not? The problem is that people use guns for more than JUST personal protection. They are using it for personal gain. If they were in every household, it might be good for protection but what happens if your kid goes on a rampage and takes the gun? What if your child is young and accidentally shoots another person? The problem is sometimes the education, just like machines. That is pretty much why people go around shooting other people. Either for the hell of it or so they can gain something, which is stupid.

well, i would say a strong definite NO !

I think its personal preference. Some people feel insecure without a weapon to protect them. Others are perfectly fine with being open. It is true that many accidents occur because there is a gun in the household. But if proper storage and security is used, less accidents involving firearms would occur and the insecure person would be able to feel secure. Besides, the statistic that firearms causing deadly accidents at home only involves handguns, it doesn't include rifles most of the time.

I am not sure if everyone should have a gun. I'd stick with knives or bats or something along those lines. No guns please.

Guns should be made available to everyone for free. There's this girl in my dorm that I'm so pissed off at, but when I wanted to shoot her all I had was a bb gun. And while I know it would hurt, I don't think it would kill her. And of course she would want to call the damn cops. And then where would that leave me? I hate cops! More guns, please.

guns are wonderful tools to kill someone it's expensive though but it's just like they say people kill people if someone would say guns kill people ha that's not completely right nowadays you can use every thing to kill someone even a with spoon can kill someone so why ban guns. here in the netherlands guns are very very expensive you can buy a really good gaming pc with that money. so most of the people here that want a gun they go to belgium or germany it costs less only the border between the netherlands and belgium are severe controlled.

AWOL

AWOL

"SING IT EASY!"

Well, if you're a prisoner-wannabe, why not?

Lack of anger-managent programmes taught many that triiger-happy is the only way to get this done, whereas naturaly concocted hot-temperedness makes school shoot-outs a reality.

What's school without the smell of gunpowder, RIGHT?

Hiraku-San

Hiraku-San

::. Back in Singapore .::

Quote by JLSLCanada this Canada that. You know, I'm starting to wonder about how friendly my neighboors to the north are(I live in Washington State). Every time a Canadian says something about America, there is a 90% chance that: A-its negative B-uniformed C-personally biased D-Not true at all E-all of the above. Some of you flaunt your country's low fatality rate by gun fire when compared to the US. Lets do the math-A country second in size only to Russia, with about 1/10(32 million) the population. Hmmm, so here we go: on average, 1200 people per year die of gunshots in Canada, and there are about 30 mil people there. That is an average of .004%. Now we take the US and do the math- 30,000 people per year with a population of roughly 300 million. The average is .01%.
Thus far the difference is a whole 6/1000 of 1%. But lets do population density now-Land Area of Canada: 9,976,140 square km, divided into 32 million is a density of about 3 people per square km. Now the US 9,631,418 square km divided by 300,000,000 is about 31 people per square km.
A country with ten times as many people per km^2, less restrictive laws concerning firearms, and a great many more firearms in private hands than there are even people in Canada, with a 6/1000 of 1% difference in gun deaths per capita is not really that much more dangerous.
I hate to quote the most worthless left wing liberal news agency in the world, but here is something from the BBC:
"The United States has the largest number of guns in private hands of any country in the world with 60 million people owning a combined arsenal of over 200 million firearms."
This is from the Canadian House of Commons(2001):
"ACTUAL NUMBER OF FIREARMS IN CANADA

In 1945, despite massive non-compliance, the RCMP managed to register nearly 2 million firearms, comprised of 1.7 million rifles and shotguns and the remainder handguns. Add to this the nearly 8 million firearms imported between 1945 and 2000 and you get 10 million firearms.
Using the Justice MinisterĂ¢?s 1974 estimates I calculated: 10 million firearms + 6,500,000 (250,000/year x 26 years) = 16,500,000 firearms in Canada in 2001."
Now this brings me to my next point: If we take the amount of gun deaths per gun in Canada, we get 0.007% deaths per gun. Now the US has 0.0015% deaths per gun. Now what does this all equal out to, another very small percentage(5.5/1000 of 1%). From all of this data(look it up if you want) I can say this: With a 0.01% average(US) compared to 0.004%(Canada), you are about twice as likely to get shot by someone in the US as opposed to Canada....But, chances are, if you run into a Canadian(0.007% deaths per firearm) with a gun, you are 4.7 times as likely to get shot as you would by an American(0.0015% deaths per firearm).
So now I will make the same kind of assumptions I see all over the board about how "dangerous" America is, but this time, its Canada's turn: OMG if I run into a Canadian with a gun, I'm gonna get shot, they are so untrustworthy with guns, I wonder what their problem is?
Oh yeah-for all you guys that love to delve into Micheal Moore's works and put them off as fact, remember this(and look it up if you don't trust me): His movies are all based on his opinions and are totally biased toward his views. They weren't made to tell the whole truth, or the other side of the story, only his side(that is what he said himself).

boy that is a hefty statistic.. where did you get it?

a big THANK YOU to my lovely and humorous friend,the irresistable Devilet X-P
Signature
No time to make a userpage....
Junkii member no. 16

Weren't you paying attention? He made up those statistics because they're totally biased toward his views. They weren't made to tell the whole truth, or even the other side of the story, only his side. Anyway, we could learn a lot from Canada. The place is existing proof that having universal healthcare doesn't turn a nation into a Stalinist nightmare.

As far as "guns in every household" goes, i dont believe its something that can be solved by the current means. I think the constitution allows ppl to bear arms, but i think that there should be a much more rigourous and ex tensive screening process before being given a gun, and personally i think the time it takes to get a gun should be much longer than it is now. Seven days is nothing, and ppl who are planning on killing other ppl have generally figured this 7 day grace period into their plans. Make it a month and I will think much safer. We dont have the highest gun murder rate in the world for nothing .......

??

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 138 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.