Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial *MTv3* - Minitokyo

Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial *MTv3*

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 144 total items

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For PSP users
If you're going to make a layout using PSP, use this tutorial instead
Custom Userpage Tutorial- Paint Shop Pro Edition **MT3**
its done by belmikry. ^__^

before we begin lemme say one simple thing.
Read the whole post before you post something or problem! I said this since there are many times where people keep asking questions that has been answered in the tutorial. so read ALL OF THEM! even to the smallest detail!

Alright here's my comprehensive tutorial on how to make the userpage custom layout.

1st of all download this: MTv3 Skin Template [PSD file]

That file contains all you need to start making your very own layout.
Alright, now you have the file, lets begin the tutorial.
Oh yah, before we begin lemme just say I did this using Photoshop. It might be different for other image editing software.

1. 1st up, open up MTv3 Template.psd.

2. As you can see from [this picture] its a bit different from the previous skin package. However, it is still pretty much the same thing. The text are just explanation. You can delete those layer after you read them. The black area are where you should start making your layout, where you should place your character. If you made it outside of the box, it can't be seen unless you or the person viewing have a huge resolution. But, try to make your background effects reach those outside area incase there are people with huge resolution.

3. Now for the fun part, making the bg! Just do your stuff and make your bg on that empty, white .psd~!

4. After your done you might have something like [this]. As you can see, I deleted the text's layer and leave the darken area as a guide to place my character.

5. Next is saving it. Go to File > Save For Web... or use Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S. (yes, quite a handful). Oh yeah before saving make sure to hide or delete that darken area layer. (to hide click da eye icon at its layer)

6. Next, select all slice (Ctrl+A) and make sure the option under preset is set to Jpeg. Then click Save.

7. Now, as the name says, we're saving it for web. So it will want to create a .html page. Just save it with any name you want.

8. Now you are done with the userpage. Time to go to do the table and menu headers. What are they? [This image] explains everything. To make it, just make a new 960x16. Put anything you want on it, and you might have something like [this]. Save it under the images folder which was created earlier when you save your layout. A little notice here, file size for both file, menu header and table header must be less than 30kb.

9. [This image] shows the files which you have made.

10. Now as of MTv3, uploading the slices and setting the color is easier. Go to your Control Panel and then Skin Builder. First is the color settings. Set your color according to your going to be layout. [Example]
*Note: When inputting color, remember to put a '#' in front of the code.

11. Now is uploading the slices. Scroll down a bit until you found Background Tiles section. [This picture] shows the slices being set to upload.

12. After that click build skin and its done.

Optional Stuff
I'm sure some of you have seen it when you get to the skin builder page. The Name and Features section.

~ Name section
This will be the name of your layout. The name will then be seen when people is choosing member layout as their MT layout.

~ Features section
This is where the category of your layout will be. (like if its from Negima, Bleach, Guilty Gear, etc) You need to insert the specific gallery number for this. To know the number, go to Browse. Find the category which it falls under, go in it. Check your adress bar. I'll take an example from FMA category. [http://browse.minitokyo.net/174/fullmetal-alchemist/] See the number 174 in there? Thats the category number. Put that in the box in Feature section.

Use FireFox to upload
Dunno if it's still the same with MTv2, but it is always recomended to upload using Firefox. ^_^
http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Slices Dimension
incase some people are wondering about the dimension of each silces.

#1: 588x470
#2: 720x470
#3: 3x470
#4: 588x738
#5: 720x748
#6: 588x10
#7: 3x748

Frequently Asked Questions

~ I made everything exactly as the steps but why there's no changes?
Remember to clear your cache (hold Ctrl + F5) if there seems to be no changes happening.

~ I got en error "Files too large". What's that?
That means your file is large in size (kb). When saving (in step 5/6), lower the quality a little.

~ I got en error "Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered". What's that?
I myself don't know what's wrong. However I can suggest a way to solve it. Download from this, MTv3 Template hosted by Rapidshare. If still cannot, please make a post regarding this and I'll try and get back to you as soon as possible. Sometime other member might come earlier to help.

~ Where can I got the hex codes (color codes)?
As provided by one of the members,
http://www.mrs.umn.edu/committees/wwwac/toolbox/color.html

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

ok, i was wondering about this, how do I extent the page with the skin?
like cover the entire page with a specific design?
kinda like...erm, one big picture right? and then extend to cover up the rest of the page.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by Devildudeok, i was wondering about this, how do I extent the page with the skin?
like cover the entire page with a specific design?
kinda like...erm, one big picture right? and then extend to cover up the rest of the page.

if you mean the repeated slices, slice 3 and 6 does that for you. the repeats till the very side of the page. slice 7 repeats downwards. the rest, well.. can't help you there. ^_^'

intoxsickated

intoxsickated

Is on pain killers.. xD

is having problems :\ I can't open the psd template.. it keeps saying 'could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered'

So what should I do? I tried using corel Paint shop.. but the PSP template doesn't work there either. o.o"

Signature Image

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by intoxsickatedis having problems :\ I can't open the psd template.. it keeps saying 'could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered'

So what should I do? I tried using corel Paint shop.. but the PSP template doesn't work there either. o.o"

I dont have any problem opnening it. You did try with Photoshop first right? if so, which version?

In any case, try downloading it again. The file might be corrupted or an incomplete download.

intoxsickated

intoxsickated

Is on pain killers.. xD

Quote by exentricI dont have any problem opnening it. You did try with Photoshop first right? if so, which version?

In any case, try downloading it again. The file might be corrupted or an incomplete download.

I'm using photoshop9.0

I downloaded it about 7 times already, but I'm still having truoubles tying to open the file.

merged: 03-30-2006 ~ 01:26pm

Quote by exentricI dont have any problem opnening it. You did try with Photoshop first right? if so, which version?

I'm using photoshop9.0

I downloaded it about 7 times already, but I'm still having troubles tying to open the file.

Signature Image

Quote by intoxsickated I'm using photoshop9.0

I downloaded it about 7 times already, but I'm still having truoubles tying to open the file.

Hmm... I had no trouble opening it either. I don't think this should work, but it's worth a shot. I resaved the file and uploaded to rapidshare. Maybe you'll have better luck with this: :\

http://rapidshare.de/files/16770071/MTv3Template.psd.html

"If I were creating a world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, 8 o'clock, day 1." -Time Bandits

intoxsickated

intoxsickated

Is on pain killers.. xD

Quote by mikenox

Quote by intoxsickated I'm using photoshop9.0

Hmm... I had no trouble opening it either. I don't think this should work, but it's worth a shot. I resaved the file and uploaded to rapidshare. Maybe you'll have better luck with this: :\

http://rapidshare.de/files/16770071/MTv3Template.psd.html

>w< Thanks so much! XD I was starting to get frustrated =_=

Signature Image

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

haha I wonder whats wrong with the original file..
well thanx mikenox for helping out~

ryue

ryue

princess romina

i was having the same problem . thanks alot mikenox! :)

Abzuseilue

Abzuseilue

The Way Of Arts~Springs forever

Why my page cant view properly on fire fox?To strange, someone pls help me , very diffrent when i open in internet exploder, but in fire fox seems weird

Good and bad path just choosing by yourself,the future world will change with the path you choosen
Signature
Creator and page design Adminstrator on
GundamModelClub

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by AbzuseilueWhy my page cant view properly on fire fox?To strange, someone pls help me , very diffrent when i open in internet exploder, but in fire fox seems weird

would you please explain some more? just saying its weird doesn't really help.

EDIT> nvm. I found the problem. when you're inputting hex code, YOU MUST put the '#' in front of it. The reason it's ok with IE is because IE doesnt render code properly. Firefox which does it properly would not be able to read hex codes without the '#'.

Abzuseilue

Abzuseilue

The Way Of Arts~Springs forever

thanks ^_~, It works , you are my Savior^_~ Thanksssssssssssssx10000000000000

Good and bad path just choosing by yourself,the future world will change with the path you choosen
Signature
Creator and page design Adminstrator on
GundamModelClub

I don't know if it's just me, but most of the sample images posted in this tutorial are broken links/images. The only one that works is at step #6 (which is very useful by the way).

I'm having trouble opening the .psd template file. I have Adobe Photoshop CS2, and when I try to open the file, it prompts: "Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered".

I'm getting somewhat frustrated... it's the same problem intoxsickated experienced. And so I did click on the rapidshare link, but it seems to be broken as well.

All the image files and the rapidshare link all seem to be ok for me(I just checked)... maybe your connection was down for a little while and you didn't notice because of your cache or the server was down. Whatever it was, I think you'll be fine if you try again...

"If I were creating a world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, 8 o'clock, day 1." -Time Bandits

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

It is working. I just tested it again and yes its working. About the .psd problem, I can't say much. But I will however try and make a new one.

How do i make the slices?

Can't you feel my heart.Falling through the rain

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by Chibi-TotchiHow do i make the slices?

if you download the skin package, I already made it for you.

how do i put my pictures in to the slices or the PSD file? so i can save it?

yo wtf!

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

ermm... that is more to a Photoshop problem. why don't you search around for Photoshop tutorials.

okay... I'll just answer it anyway. Open the PSD file in your Photoshop. Open the picture you want to add to the PSD too. then drag the picture to the PSD windows.

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Hi I used this tutorial before to make my layout, but now I forgot how to make it. Can you update your links? They all seem broken =/

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

they are not broken. the server went down last night resulting everything somehow dissapeared/deleted. they fix it already though and the links working now.

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

okay is this template updated for MT3?

i used a base image of 1311x1218. see HERE

my monitor is at 1280x1024. VIEW 1
and VIEW 2

notice how the slices are not extending out?
i have a feeling that the slices are pulling to the left as well..

any advice is appreciated..

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

you are talking about slice 6 right? If so, I'm sorry. I also have no idea why its not repeating itself. My skin myself have the same problem and so far I have not found any solution to it..

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 144 total items

Back to Userpage Customization | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.