Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial *MTv3* - Minitokyo

Custom Userpage Layout Tutorial *MTv3*

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 144 total items

Rikkablurhound

Rikkablurhound

*Kero~! O_o

Yay! Thanks XD
mine looks pretty good XD

ladestiny92

ladestiny92

We can protect each other

How can I erase the background tiles?
I did some BIG mistakes for my background tiles and I want to erase it but I don't know how to...

Please join various~ANME~fanfics group...^^,

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by ladestiny92How can I erase the background tiles?
I did some BIG mistakes for my background tiles and I want to erase it but I don't know how to...

cant say I know the exact way of doing it.. all I can suggest is keep making your images/tiles, uploading till you are satisfied with it.

ladestiny92

ladestiny92

We can protect each other

Thanx..^^

Please join various~ANME~fanfics group...^^,

silvakreuz

silvakreuz

..~*~. Pilgrim .~*~..

Hi, exentric :)

I did everything about the colors and uploading the pics as you instructed. I even transfered my designed to the MTv3 PSD template. Apparently, my <a href = "http://silvakreuz.minitokyo.net/">site</a> looks whacked. It's as if the slices were uploaded in the wrong places, and slices 3 and 6 would not repeat. Please note that I have uploaded the slices in its corresponsing tiles.

The problem reflects on both IE and Firefox. I used Photoshop CS in making my skin.

Hope these helps in giving me some advice. :)

I try to avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.
~ Charlotte Bronte

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

1st on slice not repeating, I cant help you there as I'm also facing the same problem.

2nd, on ur page looks whacked, unless I see how your design actually looks like, I cant say much about ur userpage as the only thing I can see is a single feather and some red smudges. "Whacked" and "as if" is really vague and I can't pinpoint the problem.

silvakreuz

silvakreuz

..~*~. Pilgrim .~*~..

Quote by exentric2nd, on ur page looks whacked, unless I see how your design actually looks like, I cant say much about ur userpage as the only thing I can see is a single feather and some red smudges.

Thanks for getting back to me, exentric. :) I can send you my design but I need to ask for your permission first to use your hotmail email account, which is where I would be sending the image.

The slices were "out of whack", I mean. They're not in the right order. Sorry about that. Hope this helps!

~ Charlotte Bronte

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by silvakreuz

Quote by exentric2nd, on ur page looks whacked, unless I see how your design actually looks like, I cant say much about ur userpage as the only thing I can see is a single feather and some red smudges.

Thanks for getting back to me, exentric. :) I can send you my design but I need to ask for your permission first to use your hotmail email account, which is where I would be sending the image.

The slices were "out of whack", I mean. They're not in the right order. Sorry about that. Hope this helps!

yeah go ahead. that way I can see the design clearly and compare it better with your 'whacked' layout. easy for me to troubleshoot. and if you can, please also include the already cutted/sliced images.

Arrissu

Arrissu

Where's the Sunflower samurai?

Could you see my userpage? It has a white rectangle on the left....why is that?Have I messed something up?

Signature
This sig is brought to you by PAche-san!
(If I can upload it someday...)

hye~
does the slice on the right most is supposed to repeat like that when uploaded?
since i put my character on the rite it seems weird..

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by ArrissuCould you see my userpage? It has a white rectangle on the left....why is that?Have I messed something up?

I dunno bout the white rectangle (dunno where is it actually), but your userpage is really messed up...

Quote by snowrabbit
hye~
does the slice on the right most is supposed to repeat like that when uploaded?
since i put my character on the rite it seems weird..

yes. that slice is suppose to repeat. to make it not repeat, in your template, just empty slice 3 or just leave that slice filled with the color of your background.

btw, a tip. aligning character to the right is a hard thing to do. It CAN be done, but only if you know how to place your character.

Arrissu

Arrissu

Quote by exentric
I dunno bout the white rectangle (dunno where is it actually), but your userpage is really messed up...

Yu don't see it?That's strange....

Yeah, I know it doesn't look the way it has to....but I don't know where I messed it up :(

Signature

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by Arrissu

Quote by exentric

Yu don't see it?That's strange....

Yeah, I know it doesn't look the way it has to....but I don't know where I messed it up :(

about the messed try get a mod to help. they will reset your guestbook or something if I remember correctly.

on the rectangle side, is it on slice 6? check back your template, its the slice left bottom. from what I see that slice is just plain white. you might want to change to black to fit your userpage.

Arrissu

Arrissu

thanks, I'll try to do omething about it...

Signature

silvakreuz

silvakreuz

..~*~. Pilgrim .~*~..

Quote by exentric

yeah go ahead. that way I can see the design clearly and compare it better with your 'whacked' layout. easy for me to troubleshoot. and if you can, please also include the already cutted/sliced images.

Hi again! Just sent the image and slices to your hotmail account. :) Thanks a lot! :D

~ Charlotte Bronte

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by silvakreuz

Quote by exentric

Hi again! Just sent the image and slices to your hotmail account. :) Thanks a lot! :D

don't anything though in my hotmail acc ~_~
you sure you got my email right?
its flames_zerox@hotmail.com

Melisandre

Melisandre

>Little gothic witch<

Hi! I'm having problems with the background. When I'm saving it to create the web page, it creates the images properly but it gives them .gif, I search but I don't see where I can change this option to .jpg and it's quite frustating. Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

Signature
Happy to be
Admin of BrokenWings-TrinityBlood

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

check back step 6. when saving it for web, select all slice (Ctrl+A) and set the preset under the save button to Jpeg Medium.

you missing this step means you didnt follow the tutorial properly. check the tutorial back, every last one of them if you have any problem.

silvakreuz

silvakreuz

..~*~. Pilgrim .~*~..

Quote by exentric
don't anything though in my hotmail acc ~_~
you sure you got my email right?
its flames_zerox@hotmail.com

Hi again. :) Yup, I got the address right. The error said that perhaps your inbox was full. I'm sending it again. :) Please do inform me if you received it or not. Ok? ;)

Thanks!

~ Charlotte Bronte

migu04

Ba Da Bum!

My skin doesn't seem to work properly on every page.
All slices line up properly in this image.
The support page is completely off.
The control panel is slightly off.
How do I fix this? x.X

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Quote by migu04My skin doesn't seem to work properly on every page.
All slices line up properly in this image.
The support page is completely off.
The control panel is slightly off.
How do I fix this? x.X

not that it doesnt work properly on every page, that is how it SUPPOSE to work. MT's layout customization is no perftect. slice 7 (right most content slice) only repeats itself on the right most box part. it doesnt start on the content box. and I see you didnt make any repeating images for slice 6. (left most, bottom)

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/6540/minitokyoskin4is.jpg
no repeat downward on the content part. MT was designed without them in the 1st place. why? there was no need for them. MT's layout never use a transparent box in the 1st place.

http://img115.imageshack.us/img115/8603/minitokyoskinmessed2ja.jpg
it looks shorter because that is the lowest part of tha page. See it stops after the "0.0452sec. (43% PHP, 57% SQL) 9 queries"?. Since it already reaches the lowest page of the page, the slice stops showing.

http://img486.imageshack.us/img486/341/minitokyoskinoff5jt.jpg
pretty much the same as I have mentioned earlier.

In conclusion, there is nothing wrong with your layout. That is how it suppose to work. My suggestion, you need to think more carefully in your design. There is a limit to what kind of design one can make in MT. You must build around those limits to make a nice layout. If you don't, well, it becomes as it is now. And another thing, MT's layout was not designed with a transparent box. So if you still want to use them, you will have to work a lot more to make them look nice.

migu04

Ba Da Bum!

Alright, I appreciate you taking to time to reply. Working around it is no problem. Thanks.

oh..... thanks for tutorial. I 'll try to do like its

Ilovelucky

Ilovelucky

~forgotten pain~

this is just too complicated for me, i am trying to put on a backround for my userpage but it wont load

page 2 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 144 total items

Back to Userpage Customization | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.