Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestion: Member deletion - Minitokyo

Suggestion: Member deletion

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

Hmmm yesterday just for the fun of it i noticed that i can click on my age and my country and it will display me ppl with the same age like me or living in the same country which is cool... BUT...

Also i have noticed that 90% of ppl that joined MT never been on it... What i mean is the they joined 64wks ago and were last active 64wks ago so that means on mt2 still lvl 1...

There is no point in their registration if they are not here and i dont think they will return if they joined 64wk ago and maybe if they wanna come back they will get a new username...

All of those very old "members" have taken simple usernames from anime characters... And the new members who want to be active have to name themselves with comlicated and stupid names such as: instead of Kamui he has to name himself Kamui56548... <_<

I say starting of cleaning members who are not active since they joined (LVL1 on MT2)...

Here is a point to start from: Just click on my country Yugoslavia and see how many of them joined and not been active... There are only 3 members from Yugoslavia who are somewhat active: me, Roderick, and ZvezdanA...
I also clicked on the UK and they have the same problem...

Dont you think too that its not necesery to have those "ghost members" around...<_<

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

Sierra04

Sierra04

My heart belongs to him..Erik...

uhmm...i can't understand....hehe

BlkLotus

BlkLotus

bara tsukiyo

i see what you mean and agree. there are too many accounts that arent active at all.

that is a very good idea and wonser if there is anything that can be done about that?

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

well i think this issue's already been argued, and the mods / admin said that the unused account didn't used any bandwidth, such not causing any problem (except the name thing you mentionned).
i think the main problem with inactive members is the risk that they register again because they've lost their password, and thus having 2 accounts, one of them inactive.
but there's nothing else to it, and sheq said that there will be no deletion of member accounts :)

Mrchak

Mrchak

Welcome to Oblivion

OK but it was just a suggestion since it is just taking up space... but ok its his site...

Captain of the 1st devision in [MicroTokyo] group

I think is a bug, I have been in MT for like 50-60 wks and I come like 2-3 times a week yet it say last visit 50wks ago on my status page, and i have that problem since MT2.

Av/Sig made by Serene ^^
Signature
Proud member of:[Hispanime]

Mant

Title? What's this?

Deleting inactive user's accounts would create some benefits to us?

If they dont spoil anything, let's just let them live.

Signature Image Ai

Acuni

Acuni

wrapped in night

if something is not browken dont repair it or however that goes
i think it is not that bad but who has the time to do that and what if they comunicate per PM and they are not active baecause there is no reason for tham to do that ok an
but if there is realy no action from them than lets be mean and have fun by deliting the dead members here it would make some space for the new ones

Signature

This phenomenom is pretty much present on just about every forum and community site. A collegue at work and me are running a forum on IT and although there are members registering every day, it's very suprising how much actually log in to use their accounts, let alone return the week after. It may seem like a waste of space, but one can't simply maintain a comprehensive user list and moderate the forum at the same time; it takes too much time, and quite frankly, inactive users don't really matter to performance and such anyway.

Sincerely

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

we've had this discussion long long time ago when dinosaurs roamed the earth. the fact is, if the member hasn't been on for a long time, it also means that they aren't using MT so we're not losing any resource save space (which isn't an issue right now). in turn, these inactive members might have some scans which we want to utilize, so deleting these members will just end up being deterimental to the gallery and the whole database as a whole, and it won't benefit us users in anyway.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by MajinRyuI think is a bug, I have been in MT for like 50-60 wks and I come like 2-3 times a week yet it say last visit 50wks ago on my status page, and i have that problem since MT2.

Last Online
8m 46s ago

:pacman:

I definitely agree.There are other sites like that too.It's annoying.It took me forever to get a username because I didn't want something complicated

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

lunagata

lunagata

Lurking -3-

Yeah, there are a lot of "members" like this in MT.

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

well, i've got my own point of view as to why sheq might not want to delete accounts.
i've a couple of reasons...

firstly, it's A LOT of job to clean all those up ^^"
and secondly, we don't want old members coming back and saying that their account;s gone missing. these people may come back with the same name or a different one. or in another case, someone else who is new may use the old name of another person (which has been deleted) and be mistaken for it later.

Another one of my theory concerns banned rippers and leechers. i'd say at least 50% of the people on MT are leechers. say that they are banned, and their account got deleted. then what? these people will come back with the same name and in 'normal' state again right? so we keep the people who's been banned, muted etc.

besides, the non-active ones don't use up so much space after all... ^^

perhaps we could have a system where you are switched from "member" to "inactive member" after 3 months of nothing.

Quote by eunasahng
perhaps we could have a system where you are switched from "member" to "inactive member" after 3 months of nothing.

I like Euna's idea. Perhaps Sheq can do something like that. :)
Nice thinking there, Euna!

That way, we can really see who's using their account, besides the "Last Login" feature. ;)

Just a thought.. ;)

userpageskindesignssimple-ism vectoryvector-wallerssakura--cb

Well I for one agree with Mrchak - whats the reason for people who dont come here, to be a member? There is no point in that - and I myself had to name me Sumomo- instead of Sumomo.
Not that it really matters that much - but a "spring cleaning" of inactive members would be a nice idea.

It would also give a better picture of how many members there really are on this site.

Euna's idea is a good one too.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.