Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Shining Tears - any good? - Minitokyo

Shining Tears - any good?

Tagged under Shining Tears

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Seemed like the game has anime-style graphics. And since it's a RPG i'm quite interested if someone can recommend this game?

Ah, Shining Tears...It got horrible reviews, but I still bought it on it's release date and was pretty content with it. Simply put, it's really fun playing with a friend but gets pretty boring/tedious in single player, since you have to control both characters with one controller. I'd recommend getting it if you'd love to see some beautiful 2D graphics and senseless amounts of killing, but don't have high hopes in expecting something revolutionary here.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

It's not great but it's not worst either. Can't believe the reviews on the folks from G4. A good breakaway from the '3D' rpg stuff.

But there's only one thing that made me bought it actually, Neige XD

bqc

Shining Tears...load load load load load...every fight every scene change, the loading times were too unbearable for me. It would be ok if it didn't have to load for every single thing, because i enjoyed the fighting. Needless to say i returned the game. i recommend you DO NOT buy this game

Yeah, I was hoping Shining Tears was good, because I love Tony Taka, but after hearing all the bad reviews, I won't buy it, and it makes me sad in the pants.
(;=o=)

"Every man dies, but not every man lives"

"I am ready to meet my maker, but whether my maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter"

I've wondered about this one several times myself, thanks to Taka's artwork and the screens I had seen. But after hearing some pretty bad reviews I figured I'd better wait and find out more.

What I'll probably do is pick this up when it's a $10-15 title several months down the road. At that point you really can't lose. Not with this one anyway.

Oh, that's a pity. And I thought with that pretty graphics it had to be somewhat good.

And how can you control both chars with one controller? oO

You only control the double team attacks and the movement of the second character. You move the second character with the right analog stick and control double teams with the L and R buttons. You can also make your partner run to where you're standing. Regardless, it's a pretty fun game if I say so myself, just mainly with a friend. It doesn't have much going for it if you play by yourself.

I see. Hmm then the game isn't somehing for me I think. Well, might still borrow it and see how it is

I watched th anime up to 11 and it was good.
My rating would be out of 10.
You should watch it. it is so COOL!

merged: 07-03-2007 ~ 03:02pm
One more thing isn't Shining Tears called Shining Tears X Wind?

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

Shining Tears the game, from what I've heard, is more eye candy than anything. It looks nice, though, I've heard it lacks in a lot of things that an RPG needs (plot, system, etc)

and Shining Tears X Wind is the anime adaption of both Shining Tears and Shining Wind

I don't really care about all the bad review for this game out there. I going to buy it because I'm collecting everything done by Tony Taka.

The only problem is I don't see them releasing it in th United States so it will be quite hard to buy it from a website because that is what I have Internet for right?

It's interesting in the beginning. But you soon get bored with it halfway. I am.

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

you can most likely buy from play asia or yes asia if there arent any us releases

As an aside: i really enjoyed the anime, its an adaptation of Shining Tears (i think, its one of em) told from Souma's perspective

Signature Image

i don't know about the game but i thought the anime was really bad Shining Tears x Wind don't know if it is the same thing

The game itself isn't exactly excellent or horrid, for an action RPG. Too bad the loading times are freaking long and common. It will be more fun with two players, since its easier to to have a friend control the second character rather than having you keep trying to control the second character without having the first running around.

Shining Tears X Wind is an anime adaption from Shining Tears and Shining Wind. But seriously, despite the excellent animations and art work, I still can't stand the over-cheesy-ness...

the anime review really suck, i dont even want to know how the game will turn out!

it's okay, the game isn't that bad, but it does get boring after a while

@@" ya the on9 reviews on the game really sucks. lol better don buy haha XD

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I rather liked the game, I bought it used so I only had to pay roughly five dollars for it hehe so if I didn't like it I had a week to return it...but I got hooked automatically to it and the eye candy is well worth it too, the hardest for me was trying to get the commands to behave properly and the loading time helps me greatly...I drink water and must drink plenty of fluids in a day's time, the loading gives me time to drink hehe

BuBbLeS!

Signature

me digieron q este juego le hace huevo bamos a ver si es cierto

Tony Taka's artwork is the only thing I like about this cheezy game.

BORING AS HECK.

ITZ ALL GOOD YO.

page 1 of 1 22 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.