Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What does it take to go to heaven? - Minitokyo

What does it take to go to heaven?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

I see a lot of "do you believe in..." threads, but I have a specific question geared towards those who do believe in a positive afterlife. Even if you dont, what would be your requirements for a heaven?

What do you think are the requirements for entering Heaven? Does failing these requirements send you to Hell? Do you get several chances at life or just one?

Do you believe in a divine scale that keeps all good and bad things into account?

Please be considerate and tolerant. I dont really want to see "I think [x] religion's ideals are retarded and stupid" because its pointless and very rude. Dont say anything here you wouldnt say to a person of that relgion/belief's face on the street. Just answer the question and compare. :D

Let me make it clear. Put some thought into this and create your own set of rules to govern who does or does not get to this "heaven". Do not mock existing religions in the process. :) Have fun with your own mind.

:D

Answer away!

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

I'm a man of science so my answer should be no at every questions you wrote. Therefore, I should say that religion is useless and etc.

But the fact is ... I won't tell that. I think it could be an interesting point of view so that's why I'm writing down my thought.

I learned for so many years and demonstrated for so many years that all things have an explaination. But one day, I saw and underwent something that all my science could not help me to deal with. For days, months, I tried to manage it alone but the only thing that helped me to make it over was hope. Hope based on my beliefs.

But thus I developed my own beliefs, a part issued of science, another part of ' religion '. I don't think there's Hell, it's just something to make people afraid and be sure that they will not do bad things. Anyway, even if Heaven could be accessible to everyone, I believe this fact in a divine scale. You'll pay one day what you did wrong (I mean hurt so many people etc) or have advantage of being someone nice. Is not this way life goes?

That's my thoughts that made me from some day unbreakable.

About several chances, well why not? Afterwards, we all have many experiences to learn lessons from life, haven't we ?

Signature

the only way to get into heaven ( I'm a christain so if any one here isn't I'm sorry if you disagree with me ) is to believe that jesus christ is your savior! when was the last time YOU prayed? remember: death lasts a LOT longer than life, and after your dead there is no turning back (whatever religion you are!)

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Believing that Jesus Christ is your saviour may not be enough. ...Certainly believing in Jesus Christ is not, as even Satan believes that. ...Rather... Committing one's self to Jesus Christ, and the cause of Him and His Father is the only way. Truely then, a person can become one with God, and abandon his humanity. ...To become crucified with Christ, living no longer, except as Christ lives in you. Humans aren't perfect. ...God must make the conversion, no human can.

Ironically, it will probably require our physical death before we can ever be truely "saved". ...Yet through the sacrifice Jesus Christ already made, we have in a way already been "saved". ..And in a way, through believer's intimate lives with God, they are being "saved" as they live... ...Fortunately, God can do anything, and has provided the body and blood of his only begotten son to save us.

From this philosophy, it becomes a question that a human cannot possibly answer. ...Can deathbed/last-minute conversions save a person's soul? Or perhaps we will all have a time after death where we can still be saved? ...Fortunately, I am not the judge. ...All I can do is my best to serve the God who I've learned is just and fair. ...And requires the same from us. ...His service frequently requires sacrifice, but it seems He always provides. ...It is a beautiful thing. ...And certainly nothing that should ever be lost to any denominational differences.

I am confident that no matter the requirements to attain entrance to Heaven, the decisions and requirements of God will be nothing but just. ...And hopefully merciful too.

I believe there will be both a Heaven and a Hell. ...However, I will also stipulate that what you do or don't do on Earth may have little or no bearing upon where your soul will spend eternity. ...Rather, it may be the reasons why, and those matters which dwell in the depth of your spirit. ...Those things which frequently escapes the eye of man and are only visable to God.

The requirements to get into Heaven depend on your faith. Different religions have different qualifiers.

But I'll tell you something. I've had nightmares of Hell. And it's not what people think it is.
Hell was originally thought of as seperation from God. The rest is stuff we made up because we couldn't comprehend it. But in my nightmare, I am alone in a cold, dark void. I cannot move because I have no body. I am a disembodied consciousness. And there is no sound. Only chilling silence. And at first it doesn't seem so bad. Until you realize that it's forever. You are alone, cold, and without comfort. There is no hope of salvation from this place. You have nothing but eternal solitude and your own despair.

Of all the afterlife possibilities, I've found the one of heaven and hell to be the most unfair and also the most unbelievable one. At best a human being has 100+ years to grow and change on this planet. After that you die. If there really was a hell, and you don't believe in that religion, you would spend eternity in some form of punishment. Not 100 years. Not 1000 years. Not 1,000,000 years. Not 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years. Eternity. The punishment doesn't really fit the crime in my opinion. I fail to understand how a just god could do this to a creature of his own creation.

A heaven without a hell or just a general afterlife is more plausible, but I still think it is just wishful thinking. Hoping for life after death is like hoping for life before birth. You just don't exist anymore. That can be a sad thought, but how sad it is doesn't change reality. An afterlife would be nice, but there isn't any real evidence to support the existence of one. It just doesn't fit reality as I see it.

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Quote by ender85Of all the afterlife possibilities, I've found the one of heaven and hell to be the most unfair and also the most unbelievable one. At best a human being has 100+ years to grow and change on this planet. After that you die. If there really was a hell, and you don't believe in that religion, you would spend eternity in some form of punishment. Not 100 years. Not 1000 years. Not 1,000,000 years. Not 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 years. Eternity. The punishment doesn't really fit the crime in my opinion. I fail to understand how a just god could do this to a creature of his own creation.

A heaven without a hell or just a general afterlife is more plausible, but I still think it is just wishful thinking. Hoping for life after death is like hoping for life before birth. You just don't exist anymore. That can be a sad thought, but how sad it is doesn't change reality. An afterlife would be nice, but there isn't any real evidence to support the existence of one. It just doesn't fit reality as I see it.

Right, but considering how wretched we can be by our human nature, with selfishness, etc. ...It forbids us from a reward. ...And without it, we have nothing. ...Prone to any disaster or evil in the life after. ..If it wasn't a really bad thing (and unjust) God probably wouldn't have sent His only begotten Son to save us.

Generally, Christians believe Jesus came to save, not to condemn. ...Because people were condemned before He came.

Noir666

Noir666

Headbanger Extrodinaire

Belief and good intentions.

And this is all opinions, so you need to formulate your own hehe.

Bleach filler > Naruto filler

jtchen85

jtchen85

Moogle

I prefer scientific explanations over "faith", so I've never really been a believer of any religions. That said, I think the only requirement of getting into heaven was faith in Christ, isn't it? After all, one of the people he was crucified with believed in Christ when he was asked and Jesus told him that he would be in paradise with him that night.

Signature

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

This one is a toughy...I do believe in heaven, I also believe that most go to heaven, except those who don't take God or whomever they believe in, or those who are inherently evil then go to hell. I am also kinda unsure about what my beliefs are as I kinda believe in reincarnation too...I guess it is all your perspective!

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

I think going into Heaven is a matter of judging how "good" person is. This would involve weighing the good deeds/impacts versus the bad deeds/impacts people have done. Unlike a lot of Protestants, I believe that going to Heaven has nothing to do with faith.

However, I believe that people are inherentily good, therefore most people go to Heaven.

To me, it's more a matter of what does it take to get into Hell, or to Not get into Heaven.

For me as a Catholic, here's my opinion:

believe in Jesus Christ and do what He ordered us to do.. (by reading the bible)
and if you have any sin, and you really regret it, ask Him for forgiveness, and don't do any sins again..

sometimes, it seems like it's very simple to go to heaven, most people said that we only need to believe in Jesus.. but i think it's more complex than that, and that's what i think you we must do..
Get closer to Jesus.. He's our father! ^^

it's rock lee in my avy, if you don't recognise him! ^u^v

I was a Catholic, but I left church, so I am sorry if anyone is not happy with my opinion.

I am studying History and learnt about many religions. I could not agree with many aspects of the Christian ones. Like, what is the matter with the people who lived before the Christianity was spread? They are in hell because they believed in more than one God?

Well, I think the life after death will be the same for anyone. No one can live as the bible tells (and in some aspects it is good we can't), everyone lies, everyone makes mistakes and everyone commits a sin.
Yes, there is a difference if you murder someone or if you just lie to someone, but a sin is a sin in the first place and therefore no one would be allowed to go to heaven.

Or another point, my brother died when he was 8 days old. I am sure he could not fulfill the requirements of the bible.

What I am trying to say is, there won't be a place on the clouds and one in fire and you either go there or there. It will be the same for everyone and as there should not be any more evil influence, you will either realize what you have done wrong in life or what you did right.

Member of Appreciating-Fllay

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

By The Name of God, The Most Precious, The Most Mercifull!

okay ummm, this might take alot of typing, but bear with me everybody
hi, my name is Leo (net nickname), and i'm a muslim....and i'd like to explain various things, even though i wished i knew more english vocabulary than i do right now!

when one is born, or even before they're born, they've been given so many gifts even while in their mothers' bellies! they've been given their own air, they've been given their own food, their own water, their own beds, and most importantly, they're been given a blow of "soul" into them...! then when they are out in the real world, they're breast feed with natural and most healthy milk ever! (unfortunately, alot of mothers won't even dare to breast feed their kids! which is very unhealthy!)...
yet, when they grow up, they start doing bad things, they do affairs, randomly do evil things, even without noticing it, random sex is included here, or sex for fun, or b/c u wanna try it, etc. Why wouldn't people wait until they're married? whenever one's married, they are gifted and allowed and given the "right" to do whatever you want to your wife/husband! whatever you want!...

Quote by WillemFor days, months, I tried to manage it alone but the only thing that helped me to make it over was hope. Hope based on my beliefs.

But thus I developed my own beliefs, a part issued of science, another part of ' religion '. I don't think there's Hell, it's just something to make people afraid and be sure that they will not do bad things. Anyway, even if Heaven could be accessible to everyone, I believe this fact in a divine scale. You'll pay one day what you did wrong (I mean hurt so many people etc) or have advantage of being someone nice. Is not this way life goes?

That's my thoughts that made me from some day unbreakable.

About several chances, well why not? Afterwards, we all have many experiences to learn lessons from life, haven't we ?

Ok, in your point of view, there isn't a "Hell"....so about all the sinners that don't believe in good, where do you think all of'em are punished? or everyone is going to heaven no matter what they do...? if so, i have a huge blacklist of people i wanna kill soo bad! and there are lots of women i'd love to **** ! and those things will be forgiven ;)....no my friend, you shouldn't think this way, there is a heaven and hell, if you don't believe in the Judgement day, where aaalll the people in the world are gathered to be judged with everything they have done, where each person is carrying a book conatining every single detail of their lives! only then u'll know if ur going to heaven or not!

If you wanna talk about science, our religion knows science since 1400 years ago! when the Holy Qur'an was brought upon our profit Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him)...And the biggest proof of that, when you go to Boston University, you will Find a big Qur'an Statue on the main door, which proves that most of the world's science is "inside" that holy book!... When many studies were applied nowadays and were successful, they have been proven by either the Qur'an or Quotes said by Prophit Mohammad that he has been told by Jebreel (Lord of Angels)...

Once my friend you see the world in a Muslim perspective, (I don't mean Osama Bin Laden, or Al Qa'eda or any of those stupid organizations that have disgraced Islam), i'm talkin about feel the true essence of Islam, see the real people, the real thing, like visit a muslim country for the sake of learning more about Islam, and to find out why Islam is the most spreading religion in the world!

The thought that religion doesn't matter, and only think of ur beliefs or/and instinct isn't healthy, or rather, isn't right. If you don't have a religion, where would u end? what would be "your belief" in life? that doin either good or evil takes you to heaven no matter what u do? i'm not sayin that everyone who makes evil goes to hell immediately, i'm sayin that those who "don't" believe in good and keep doing evil, will definetely be punished by going to hell, and be shown what they have been told and not believed in or listened to...however, if one makes mistakes, you can ask for forgiveness, where God can forgive all of your sins, that is If you pray deeply from your insides and your heart!

I'm Sorry if i'm taking long, but u asked to be considerate and tolerant ^_^...so i'm tryin my best, and i'm tryin not to take long, b/c explaining all this isn't enuf, experience and knowledge both play a huge role!

Another way of Erasing sins, is Pilgrimage, where people Go to Mecca, The Holliest and most precious place on Earth! all Muslims are required to go there to do Pilgrim If you can!

The 4 principles/commandments of Islam are:
*Prayer...
*Alms Giving...
*Fast Ramadan...
*Pilgrimage to God's House "Mecca" (To Whoever is able to)

The 5 principles/commandments of Belief are:
*The Belief in God...
*The Belief in his Angels...
*The Belief in his books...(Qur'an, Bible, etc.)
*The Belief in his Messengers...(Prophits: Mohammad, Jesus, Moses, Noah, etc.)
*The Belief in Judgement day...

Thoughts such as: Jesus is the Son of God are irrelivant, Jesus is/was messenger to his people who warned them that there is a creator of all beings in this earth, so obey him... so was Mohammed, so was Moses, so was Noah, Abraham, Ismail, Isaq, Yakoob, Mary, Zakariyya, Loot, Joseph, and all of the rest of those messengers...If One (a muslim) doesn't believe in any of what i mentioned, be it principles of belief, or messengers, his religion isn't complete, yet he isn't a believer!

The Existense of Heaven and Hell are very fair, they are not unfair...because they punish/reward those who deserve it...if they didn't really exist, like some people say, there would be no balance in this world! the balance btwn this life and the afterlife! the thought that you die longer than u live is very true, therefore, you have to work hard for your afterlife!

of-course, everything i said would take only 10 minutes said, if not less to 5...however...if u wanna know the truth about life...look at the world with a muslim's perspective! it is rather the Devine Truth...

all i'm askin is try it out, if you don't like it, just go back to whatever ur religion is...be it christianity, judhism, budhism, etc...but i'm very sure that you will see the world in a very different perspective, once practiced Islamic principles ;)...

I hope that you all understood, at least, comprehended what i mentioned, for like i said, such things can't be explained by a silly post such as this, it takes hours and hours, days, weeks, months, even years to comprehend what i'm talkin about! Thank God that i was born Muslim, and I wish the world would be in peace!

Thank you for your time! ^_^' and sorry if i took long XD ..
bai bai!
Leo

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

I don't think that believing in Jesus will get you to heaven. In fact, I'm not even sure that there's a heaven in the first place.

The Islam has the same reqirements as Christians, believe in their god, Allah, and you'll reach their heaven. They have a seperate heaven for Christians though. All non-believers go to hell. I'm not a Muslim, but I asked my Muslim friends about this before.

I don't think there is a heaven at all. There are so many versions but none have solid proof.

No one is born evil. Its your up-bringing that molds you into what you become. You can hardly blame someone for something when they are brought up that way. In a way, its not their fault for commiting sins. They were taught to do so by everyone else. I'm leaning more towards reincarnation though, since its a bit more believable, to me that is.

If commiting sins is the requirement for someone to reach hell, then all of us would probably have to go there. As long as we're alive, we will commit sins. Except for the newborn children, since they can't even think yet. If this were true, hell would probably be overflowing with souls by now.

Perhaps its like the Roman and Greek tales, you are judged by weighing your sins and good. If you did more good than sins you get to go to heaven; if not, well, down to hell for you.

The Chinese believe that all dead souls are sent to hell, only after thay have been punished for their sins are they sent to heaven.

Dunno if they're true or not, but it's as good as a guess as everyone.

PS: Did you guys know that in Islam, newborn babys that get killed are sent to Allah (their god) as angels. I find this rather nice, don't cha think. :)

Signature

Wanna play some fun games? Try this out!
http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=yi2712

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

Quote by limes-eye No one is born evil. Its your up-bringing that molds you into what you become. You can hardly blame someone for something when they are brought up that way. In a way, its not their fault for commiting sins. They were taught to do so by everyone else. I'm leaning more towards reincarnation though, since its a bit more believable, to me that is.

Reincarnation takes place in Heaven, and yes, there is a heaven, if you think that there isn't any, then y do u mention angels? ok....where do angels come from? hell? ur saying that infants become angels...where will they live? :) home of the angels is heaven, and home of the good people that die! i know my vocab. isn't very well...but that's the best i can tell u...and yes, there are angels everywhere in this world, when there's something good happening, angels are flying around..however, if evil is taking place...devils and "evil" demons are around! it just depends on what u "wanna" do!

Quote by limes-eyeDid you guys know that in Islam, newborn babys that get killed are sent to Allah (their god) as angels. I find this rather nice, don't cha think. :)

not only muslim infants sweety, all infants go to heaven, they didn't even get to the point where they understand what they see! plus, the environment around them plays a huge role!

Quote by limes-eye I don't think there is a heaven at all. There are so many versions but none have solid proof.

since u know muslim friends, ask them about this matter, then i'm sure u'll see what i mean ;) ... we are all promised with a judgement day (as i mentioned in the top post) ... and each person will be judged with every single tiny bit detail of what he has done ^_^

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i think it takes this....read the bible everyday like you live with it, carry it to bed, make breakfast with it, eat and sleep with it...listen to the sermon 24/7 and prevent yourself (if single and available) from ever masturbating (you are killing potential children), from ever having sex, be clean, be holy, chant your verses, know every line in the bible as if you knew it by heart, convert people people and drink holy water only....

then maybe if you will, you shall never sin, never eat meat, never eat veges, drink nothing but water coz you will be hurting god's creatures. never slain his name, with OMG OMFG WTFG or whatever....

yeah...your ticket is ready, now enjoy your trip///

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Lets just say where heaven is concerned, it's 'survival of the virtuous' as opposed to 'survival of the fittest'. IMHO, even based on scriptures, good/virtuous & evil/wickedness is kinda black & white. There are no cutting around the corners or gray areas there.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

Quote by Devildudei think it takes this....read the bible everyday like you live with it, carry it to bed, make breakfast with it, eat and sleep with it...listen to the sermon 24/7 and prevent yourself (if single and available) from ever masturbating (you are killing potential children), from ever having sex, be clean, be holy, chant your verses, know every line in the bible as if you knew it by heart, convert people people and drink holy water only....

then maybe if you will, you shall never sin, never eat meat, never eat veges, drink nothing but water coz you will be hurting god's creatures. never slain his name, with OMG OMFG WTFG or whatever....

yeah...your ticket is ready, now enjoy your trip///

You forgot to add the requirement of killing homo-sexuals, those who are not of your race, the selling of your daughters as slaves, not cut away the hair on your temples for that is a sin, conquering foreign nations, burning their altars, destroying their gods, and killing them ALL.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

hmmm, interesting post. i believe that to gain access to heaven one must exhibit good nature to all people. you must never convert people, because then your just being an ass, if god wants them, he'll take them.

Willem

Willem

Keltosh's padawan

Quote by leosama84Ok, in your point of view, there isn't a "Hell"....so about all the sinners that don't believe in good, where do you think all of'em are punished? or everyone is going to heaven no matter what they do...? if so, i have a huge blacklist of people i wanna kill soo bad! and there are lots of women i'd love to **** ! and those things will be forgiven ....no my friend, you shouldn't think this way, there is a heaven and hell, if you don't believe in the Judgement day, where aaalll the people in the world are gathered to be judged with everything they have done, where each person is carrying a book conatining every single detail of their lives! only then u'll know if ur going to heaven or not!

I didn't say that anyone will go to heaven without something to pay. I mean as Sunira said, why not could there be a " karma "? Something that is a balance, and what you do one day will influe on another day? I mean it can be a good point of view (and possible) as our life work like this: tell someone he's stupid and he'll hit you (action, consequence). So why not this concept far the death?

Signature

anebir

anebir

^^~

i tink... if you've done enough good deeds in ur live, then u may go to heaven ;)~

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Quote by Willem

Quote by leosama84Ok, in your point of view, there isn't a "Hell"....so about all the sinners that don't believe in good, where do you think all of'em are punished? or everyone is going to heaven no matter what they do...? if so, i have a huge blacklist of people i wanna kill soo bad! and there are lots of women i'd love to **** ! and those things will be forgiven ....no my friend, you shouldn't think this way, there is a heaven and hell, if you don't believe in the Judgement day, where aaalll the people in the world are gathered to be judged with everything they have done, where each person is carrying a book conatining every single detail of their lives! only then u'll know if ur going to heaven or not!

I didn't say that anyone will go to heaven without something to pay. I mean as Sunira said, why not could there be a " karma "? Something that is a balance, and what you do one day will influe on another day? I mean it can be a good point of view (and possible) as our life work like this: tell someone he's stupid and he'll hit you (action, consequence). So why not this concept far the death?

I don't doubt that every deed done in secret is revealed plainly, in perfect light to God. ...And... I also believe that God is the ultimate judge. ...And certainly, there isn't one among us who could do without His mercy.

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

I think that if there was a "heaven", or some sort of conscious afterlife, then everyone would go to heaven, no matter who they were, and that it would be a different heaven for everyone, with all the things that they loved most, on the purest level... it would be a way both for good people to be rewarded and for bad people to have a second chance.

If you loved someone, when they died, they would be in your heaven with you, but they could also go to their own heaven when they wanted.

I dunno, reincarnation could be nice, too... so that you would keep living and either repeating or fixing your mistakes, and then, when you were tired enough and perhaps when you had gotten the fullest out of life, then you would go to your heaven. Yes, I like that...

But I think that if I died, I would be tired of life... and I would rather just dream, dream whatever I want, not a dream like reality but a dream that was fuzzy, happy, and didn't make much sense... and that I could stop dreaming when I was tired of it.

I also think, though, that instead of wasting so much time on the afterlife (and converting other people to our beliefs on the afterlife... because that bugs the hell [no pun intended] out of me), we should spend our time living life to the fullest.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 49 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.