Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 TheUnderappreciated Group: UA7-UA8, TREC etc. intro - Minitokyo

TheUnderappreciated Group: UA7-UA8, TREC etc. intro

Group announcement by TheUnderappreciated

page 1 of 1 8 total items

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED, 5 March 06, due to page shortening and updates.

Fortnightly comp soon.
Annual Discussion taking place.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

ironmaiden

ironmaiden

back from the dead

yehey *claps hands*

<center>I am No Life Queesn...only to serve her No Life King</center
Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Personally... I think it would be nice if we made a temporary off-site gallery during the voting process. Just putting all the entries up on Photobucket or something so that everyone can full-view for free during the voting period, but delete the offsite gallery when voting is over.

And another thing. If we are no longer going to have judges we need to make a request of the members to judge even harder. The way I've tallied votes in the past is considering that the members were being more general with their votes and only expressing their personal preference, but if we no longer have judges I think that we should ask all members to really look at the entries and take even more consideration of the wallpapers on Theme, Technique and Expression.

So... starting with voting on Gothic, we make a mini-gallery with the entries that people can voted on?

And why is making a thread for every Contest too much of a hassle? I'd say it's less of a hassle than GBing every single member the new contest.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Regenbogen

Regenbogen

Somewhere over the Rainbow...

Hello Misa, you gave me this link to your thread... wow you're doing so much for the Group of the Underappreciated! I hope I'll soon get the chance to apply... :) And your TREC competition sounds really interesting! If I could already make better wallpapers, I would also want to take part but I feel I am not good enough yet! -_-
And it is really a good idea to have these smaller topic competitions. I think it is an extra motivation... ^^ Well hopefully the bug will be fixed soon... I want to apply.... ^^ See u soon in your guestbook...!

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Quote by Terra-chanPersonally... I think it would be nice if we made a temporary off-site gallery during the voting process. Just putting all the entries up on Photobucket or something so that everyone can full-view for free during the voting period, but delete the offsite gallery when voting is over.

And another thing. If we are no longer going to have judges we need to make a request of the members to judge even harder. The way I've tallied votes in the past is considering that the members were being more general with their votes and only expressing their personal preference, but if we no longer have judges I think that we should ask all members to really look at the entries and take even more consideration of the wallpapers on Theme, Technique and Expression.

So... starting with voting on Gothic, we make a mini-gallery with the entries that people can voted on?

And why is making a thread for every Contest too much of a hassle? I'd say it's less of a hassle than GBing every single member the new contest.

Well about making the offsite thingo I could possibly try with that- not on photobucket or whatever though, your walls will be floating around and they can't be deleted unless you report to the site thingo. I think it's always best to just put them onto a server host. I won't have much of a problem voting though, because I will usually leave a comment when I download the entries anyway :P

Actually on that note, the credit system is good because it ensures that if UA-ers download a wall, they would *have* to leave a comment behind. Any comment- of course not "wow this is great I'm outa here" but something remotely constructive will do. This way we can also tell if people have chosen their votes carefully- I think this is a good thing.

**on that note about credits I seem to gain more than I lose so downloading like 7 walls every fortnight and leaving good comments won't kill you... unless you are really busy and have no time to leave a comment >_>**

I think Rah was actually making a site hosting everything we had, but he's currently caught up I think :( We'll do this off site thing a bit later when he's back... :\

And it's not a hassle making these threads, but it does load up quite some spam in the forums >_> That's the point I was making... well this thread isn't spam of course, but in the future I dunno... I want to see what other group features there are that I can't get into at the moment...

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

tishdon

tishdon

Lost in Transit

Quote by Terra-chanAnd another thing. If we are no longer going to have judges we need to make a request of the members to judge even harder. The way I've tallied votes in the past is considering that the members were being more general with their votes and only expressing their personal preference, but if we no longer have judges I think that we should ask all members to really look at the entries and take even more consideration of the wallpapers on Theme, Technique and Expression.

Theme, Technique and Expression was I suppost to be judging that when I voted? Voting time again I guess I better d/l the wallpapers, not that i've had much luck d/ling lately.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Actually Misa, if you sign up for an imageshack account (for free) you'll be able to delete your images yourself, whenever you need.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Ooooooh I'll think about that then :P Thanks!

Signature

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.