Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 homework help thread - Minitokyo

homework help thread

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Icewind

Icewind

Cyber Punk

the name sez it all.

IT'S NOT CHEATING IT'S GETTING A BETTER ADVANTIGE

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Silverwolf12

Silverwolf12

Ed's love

I don't cheat, what if the person next to me has the wrong answers?

kumiho

kumiho

every artist was 1st an amateur

i don't cheat, i'm cheated...i like to do homework at home n if there'r answers i can't then i'll ask my freinds at school...it save more time n i don't need to rush

Signature
"pictures are beautiful, they can entrap beauty forever"

llxcharlenexll

llxcharlenexll

Love Me For Me

id rather ask a friend instead of random people its ur own fault if u get it wrong if ur friend helped u atleast u have company u both got it wrong lol

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

^_^' i think what Icewind-san meant was that this is a thread for ppl to post in if they NEED help with homework... (i like your slogan though... teehee!)

i don't see anything wrong with asking for help on homework if you need it. however, if you just copy the homework without even trying to do it yourself, then i say "boo!" lol... ;)

Signature Image

nightfire

nightfire

Drift King

I trust my mind to guide me through my homework, most of the time.

Signature
Signature by PAche
Proud Admin of: System of a Down fans, Tokyo Mew Mew, RockmanEXE

I think I could help some of you with your Math homework. U see, I got a program, that not just give you an answer, but hte whole solution step by step. It's useful in grades 5-9.(It's killing me, because I get it in 10th). Well if U need it, just gimme a word...
P.S. Anyone has a site, where I can place this program ?

Have no fear - bART is here !

wow a hw help thread in which one1 has asked for help..heaps mad XD

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

Ish377

Ish377

Q Genesis

i cant help cheating ..

I'll never cheat even if I know I'm failing a subject

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

glassheart

glassheart

Heine's love slave

Almost every post seems not to trust the answers they'll get XD...I, for one, think it's a wonderful idea! I'll help anyone with essays and any language arts ^_^...

SoulScholar

SoulScholar

NAVI-Gator

Homework help thread eh? The only reason this needs to exist if your teacher/fellow classmates/parents are unqualified. Hmm...I wonder..

Thx to Rebel-Soul-Kaze for the awesome av and sig! <3 always chichiri~
Signature
+ Userguide to MT3 + Forum Guidelines + MT Policy + Support and Inquiry + Complaints + FAQs +

Icewind

Icewind

Cyber Punk

Quote by glassheartAlmost every post seems not to trust the answers they'll get XD...I, for one, think it's a wonderful idea! I'll help anyone with essays and any language arts ^_^...

sorry fore bring this back but i just wanted to say thanks i've ben bizzy and i didnt see you put that ther. hopefuly with help ther can be correct info passed throu hear.

HB13

HB13

Kaiten Kensai

Everyone just reply the person's question with "help." Not necessarily give them the answer.

Like maybe tell them if they remember to do this process, or if they know the definition of a certain term that would help them out to finding the right track for the answer.

"The Way of the Warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between live and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved."
-Yamamoto Tsunenori, Ha Gakure (Hidden Leaves)

physics question
what's the total charge of electrons in 1kg of h20?

merged: 03-09-2006 ~ 08:10pm
ok either the question is too tough or everyone here sux in physics~~

Signature

Icewind

Icewind

Cyber Punk

i'll see what i can turn up. i've asked a cupple people who are in collage.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Quote by devil75physics question

I think I know what to do. I could be wrong so check the work.

First we need to figure out hom many atoms of water are in 1 kg of the stuff. The atomic weight of water is roughly 2(1) + 10 = 12. This means that in 1 mole of water it would mass approximately 12 grams. 1 kg / 12 g = 83.333 moles of water. A mole is a number of atoms. One mole is equal to Avogadro's number which is a number of a group of things. This is similar to how a dozen is another name for a group of 12 things. This means that there are an Avogadro's number of atoms in one mole. So 83.333 moles * (6.022 * 10 ^ 23) = 5.019 * 10 ^ 25 atoms of water.

Now we need to find out how many electrons are in each atom. 2(1) + 8 = 10 electrons per atom. So 10 * 5.019 * 10 ^ 25 atoms = 5.019 * 10 ^ 26 electrons in total.

Each electron has a charge of -1.602 * 10 ^ -10 coulombs. So (5.019 * 10 ^ 26) * -1.602 * 10 ^ -10 = -8.04 * 10 ^ 16 C.

This would mean that the electrons in the water would have a total charge of -8.04 * 10 ^ 16 Coulombs. However, this doesn't take into account the positive charge effect of the protons. Theorectically all the electrons have a partner proton that balances out the negative charge and overall the water should have a net charge of zero. I merely calculated the charge that would be there if I only counted the electrons. I also assumed all the water was the normal form of water and not any strange isotopes. Having different isotopes would affect the mass and the number of atoms in the water.

Any questions? Complaints?

And that's my 2 yen (From me a high school student to boot)

Icewind

Icewind

Cyber Punk

Quote by CyberDragoon

Quote by devil75physics question

I think I know what to do. I could be wrong so check the work.

First we need to figure out hom many atoms of water are in 1 kg of the stuff. The atomic weight of water is roughly 2(1) + 10 = 12. This means that in 1 mole of water it would mass approximately 12 grams. 1 kg / 12 g = 83.333 moles of water. A mole is a number of atoms. One mole is equal to Avogadro's number which is a number of a group of things. This is similar to how a dozen is another name for a group of 12 things. This means that there are an Avogadro's number of atoms in one mole. So 83.333 moles * (6.022 * 10 ^ 23) = 5.019 * 10 ^ 25 atoms of water.

Now we need to find out how many electrons are in each atom. 2(1) + 8 = 10 electrons per atom. So 10 * 5.019 * 10 ^ 25 atoms = 5.019 * 10 ^ 26 electrons in total.

Each electron has a charge of -1.602 * 10 ^ -10 coulombs. So (5.019 * 10 ^ 26) * -1.602 * 10 ^ -10 = -8.04 * 10 ^ 16 C.

This would mean that the electrons in the water would have a total charge of -8.04 * 10 ^ 16 Coulombs. However, this doesn't take into account the positive charge effect of the protons. Theorectically all the electrons have a partner proton that balances out the negative charge and overall the water should have a net charge of zero. I merely calculated the charge that would be there if I only counted the electrons. I also assumed all the water was the normal form of water and not any strange isotopes. Having different isotopes would affect the mass and the number of atoms in the water.

Any questions? Complaints?

And that's my 2 yen (From me a high school student to boot)

thanks dude let's hope this gets the ball rolling.

HB13

HB13

Kaiten Kensai

Since when is the atomic weight of oxygen 10; and when do you get "atoms of water?" Oxygen's atomic mass is 16 (15.9994 if the teacher is picky), and molecules = complexes of more than one atom (my professor's dock points on small things like this). Also your Coulomb constant is off (suppose to be 10^-19). But otherwise it looks good. Just use 1.008 & 15.9994 as the atomic weights for H & O respectively (again, if the teacher is specific). Nice effort though http://www.tournament.com/forums/images/smilies/tup.gif

So
H2O Atomic Weight = 2*(1.008) + 15.9994 = 18.0154 g/mol
1kg = 1000g http://www.tournament.com/forums/images/smilies/rpoint.gif 1000 / 18.0154 = 55.5081 moles
55.50806 moles * (6.022 *10^23 molecules/mole) = 3.3427 * 10^25 H2O molecules
3.3427 * 10^25 molecules * (10 electrons/molecule) = 3.3427 * 10^26 total electrons
3.3427 * 10^26 electrons * (1.60217646 * 10^-19 coulombs/electron) = 5.3556 * 10^7 coulombs

Final Answer ~ 5.3556 * 10 ^ 7 coulombs in 1 kg of H2O
Add the "negative" in there if you want, up to you http://www.tournament.com/forums/images/smilies/shrug.gif

"The Way of the Warrior is death. This means choosing death whenever there is a choice between live and death. It means nothing more than this. It means to see things through, being resolved."
-Yamamoto Tsunenori, Ha Gakure (Hidden Leaves)

i don't. not that i haven't done it before. i did once on a math test. but i failed anyway. the person that "helped" me really didn't help at all.

searching for faith
in the stars of your eyes

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Quote by HB13Since when is the atomic weight of oxygen 10; and when do you get "atoms of water?" Oxygen's atomic mass is 16 (15.9994 if the teacher is picky)

Lolzors you're right. I wasn't paying attention to my periodic table. Silly me. This is what I get when I try to memorize atomic masses. As for the constant I blame poor typing skills as the 9 and the 0 are next to each other. Thanks for the help with this.

animekikyoustormelissa

animekikyoustormelissa

~Most Impossiblites Are Reality

ive been sick and they taught something new in pre-ab and i have no idea about what it is
heres a problem Q(-1,6) R(-1,-3) what is it then after we figure it out, "we graph it." XO x_x :pacman:

merged: 03-30-2006 ~ 06:32am
i hate pre-ab i hate physics i hate being sick i have 30 assigments to make-up i hate "lasanga" i dont care if i spelled it wrong

merged: 03-30-2006 ~ 06:33am

Quote by animekikyoustormelissa
ive been sick and they taught something new in pre-ab and i have no idea about what it is
heres a problem Q(-1,6) R(-1,-3) what is it then after we figure it out, "we graph it." XO x_x :pacman:

merged: 03-30-2006 ~ 06:32am
i hate pre-ab i hate physics i hate being sick i have 30 assigments to make-up i hate "lasanga" i dont care if i spelled it wrong

[i hate sickness]

merged: 03-30-2006 ~ 06:34am
how do you work this thing

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.