Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Really uneccasary classes. -__-; - Minitokyo

Really uneccasary classes. -__-;

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

Jakkals

Jakkals

The Angel of Death.

I hate Politics. It is totaly boring and why do we even have it if we get a new government every 4 years. It is useless. We only learn about the current government. And then Philosophy. What is the meaning of life? What's that gonna help me in the future?

Signature

Health class in high school. That was a major waste of time. Freshman Seminar in college.

For everyone here who doesn't think that math is useful in society:

Say you're going out to buy a home. How do you know what you can afford? You know how much you can spend on monthly payments, but what about how long you want to pay off your home loan? How much extra will you be willing to pay on interest? How do you know what the total interest will be for the time of the loan?

Not ever buying a home? What about a car? Then what about cooking? What about just normal money management? What about building a home? or even building a shed or a deck in your backyard? All the stupid problems in your math book are real problems that people run into in real life. Sure, you can get by without math, but I'd rather get promotions.

What about science? If you use science in your life then you will understand so much more. I can't begin to tell you how much math, science, and yes literature have helped me in my life.

So, how about my cousin. He was going through dental school and he wanted to someday go into oral surgery. Dental school is extremely competive, so much that only 5% of the students are allowed to get As, 10% Bs, and similar for the others. Only 2 students from each graduating class are allowed to go on and study oral sugery. Because of my cousin's knowledge of literature he was able to make friends with the head of the department. And because he had a background in chemestry and physics he was able to be in the top 5 of his class. These 2 things together got him the letter of recommendation that he needed to go into oral surgery. Now he makes more money than time it would take me to count it. And he still uses math and science everyday.

The point of those "useless subjects" isn't to help people in their "normal" jobs, anyone can do those if they try hard enough. Those subjects are to get you higher paying jobs that not everyone can qualify for. Besides, the "useless" ones are the easy classes. The ones you know you need seem to be the ones where you have to work the hardest.

Frixus

Frixus

What can I say...

What's wrong with math? You never know when you might need it. You'll probably need at least some statistics and stuff in many jobs involving some kind of research.

But how to use Word, Excel, the Internet, now those are useless classes! And literature is of course totally useless. I mean... do it in your own time if you like... or not. EDIT: That is to say... literature *should* be useless. But since there are people that value it, you may someday need it...

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

One of the most unnecessary classes to take should be logic. Anyone could formulate inductive and deductive reasoning by looking at the overall scope or even listening to the tones of people's voices. A whole book on logic shouldn't really be taught, lest all the information jumbles what is already in people's minds. As people get older, logic becomes more common sense. ^_^

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Raiynagh

Raiynagh

fr0gm45+3r

I did design GCSE. It was useless. It almost made me stop liking design too.

If we talk in a very high pitched voice, the fish can't hear us...

Latin is a totally useless class for me... I really don't think I'll ever need to use a dead language. I agree on learning history, cause history repeats itself, but I doubt it that anyone will begin speaking latin again.

Freshman Seminar.

I've never taken those werid classes like Leadership or Home Ec.

what country are u guys live in?

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

Hmm...the most useless class I'm currently taking is choir...but I love it anyway! I suppose physical education can be viewed as an unnecessary class if you intend to die young and unhealthy ^-^ I suppose any class can be viewed as useless if it's not related to your future job.

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

SakuraMonsumi

SakuraMonsumi

Aishiteru~~!!

Quote by NejiYshokaI've never taken those werid classes like Leadership or Home Ec.

what country are u guys live in?

We usually have those classes in the U.S. o.o

If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.

RainHybrid

RainHybrid

..::- 1082 -::..

i hate history class
i dont care much for anything we learn in there nor i do i think it will help with my planed future

Remember
Revolution

beethoven

beethoven

darkness

all thouhgts come into life none of them is pointless well except for english see i spokes it very good you thinks but seriouscly english is point less (or something to lit if you didn't have english)

Only in the dark of your soul can you reveal the light of your heart" Stephen Penton
Signature

7miLeDog

7miLeDog

Dark Ranger

HAHAHAHA, you say maths are useless hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, is the best subject, if math does not exist wi will not have cars, computers, cells, internet. inly losers think that maths are useless and all science subjects.
Pholosophy is the only useless subject.

SekiRyuu

airsoft addict

speech, latin, literature, and chemistry

Signature
	Imagehttp://chatairsoft.com/images/zoom/TIYCVS/MP5Jsig.jpg[/sigimg]

indeed its good to know the materials in certain subjects but really there is no point to know it if you are not major in it or use it everlastingly
for me, i think chemistry and biology are not useful; i dont intend to study it

hmm lets see
there is christian edd(education)
ok i get i live in a christian country but ive been doing it for 9 years. i dont think our school knows there are diff religions out there.

wait no
we had 1 lesson(out of 9 years on buddism, hindu and islam) yea 1 lesson....

id say after 9 years its pointless.

be pessimistic so that youll never be disapointed and will live a happy life.

Patlabor13

Patlabor13

The Last Sane Man

You are made to take these useless classes to leach your time and money, as well as round out your experiences to give students exposure to areas they aren't familiar with.

I shall reveal my FPS secret technique. Shoot em in the face... Don't tell anyone, OK?

GUIDANCE SEMINAR! So boring and completely pointless. Because personality really can be classified! And you can only like occupations that fit said personality type! JOY!

And oh yes, FRESHMAN SEMINAR next trimeseter! I'm only in High School, I don't want to have it yet.

I take Latin... Sure it's a dead language, but I like it.

Choir is fun! I take that too. I like it too.

PE is useless. So useless. Especially the one in my school. It's a complete joke.

Overall I don't find classes pointless, because I like to learn new things. :nerd:

Actually, math does have a point... if you go into NASA or something, but mostly you just need to know enough to pay your bills and stuff, or proportions if you're an architect or something that requires measuring.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Something I found extremely NOT useful was geography. It wasn't the fun stuff like learning about different countries, but rather it was about the main issues facing the environment today... granted, it was interesting the first time they did it, but year after year ? T___T

Also, pottery was quite useless but extremely fun ^__^ Yay for pottery!

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

I'd have to say Physics class. Now Physics is a great subject and necessary and interesting on its own. But my Physics class is terrible. Our teacher barely has any idea what she is doing; it took us the entire 45-min class today to complete one problem! It wasn't particularly hard either; just no one could follow what she was doing or understand her explanations. The woman can not form a cogent sentence. I would be better off teaching myself. Thus, this is a really pointless class.

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

leadership is actually pretty important, but you can learn leadership by being in a marching band, by being head of a school organization, or by being on a sports team.

I think creative writing is pretty pointless, because creativity shouldn't be taught to a person by someone else; it should be discovered by the person trying to create.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

all of them do hav a point in life...its jus the direction u r going into...in my case...i dont need history classes...dont get me wrong history...i like the history and all but i dont think im goin to incoorporate it in my life
there should b a time where u pick ur classes that u think u need...no high school requirements involved...in the future it would benifit u or ur fall...hey its ur fault for not picking the right class right?

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

My english class was pretty much pointless/boring, but I still go, because I hate missing a class and re-reading notes taken in class helps me study.

page 2 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.