Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Really uneccasary classes. -__-; - Minitokyo

Really uneccasary classes. -__-;

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

I go to a Catholic school and there theology class is required. I think that's kind of pointless, especially for the atheists at our school who have to take Hebrew and Christian Scriptures. Eh, usually I kind of sleep in that class, or doodle.

maybe all..

but the like most every math and science because of its unique formulas..

the rest are history...hahaha

history seems pretty pointless...
math seems pretty pointless....maybe not, its just i dont get it.

\(^o^)/

Drama seems stupid
I'm not taking it yet but I'm starting next semester

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Quote by revontulethistory seems pretty pointless...
math seems pretty pointless....maybe not, its just i dont get it.

History is NOT pointless. History is very very very valuable. History helps us to remember our past mistakes or accomplishments. Without it we could be doing the same thing over and over and over and over. History is important! Also it makes you really appreciate what you have today (eg. WWII - freedom)

I would say that math is probably one of the most important subjects out of everything! C'mon look at the world, do you see how much math is connected to everything? Most subjects has to some degree of math in it! Whether it's from your basic mathematical operations to complex equations it's all intertwined. When you get a job I assure you math will be involved.

Overall I would say that all subjects are required, some not so much as others, but definitely they're all there for a reason. Classes that are more art driven aren't needed but I would say we still need them, maybe not for you but for someone who likes the art they are very essential.

Edit: oh yea, religion is there to get to the roots of your religious society, to understand it. Also religion brings about rules and beliefs, now me being an atheist myself still find it interesting to see what others believe in. Although, I did sleep a lot during that class. The answer to everything is god don't forget that!

Home ec is all fine, for me. Mostly we do cooking - and ironing clothes? I`d like to learn the folding techniques pre and post the chore. I see it as something that adds polish to life. I don`t really think there is a subject that is completely useless - there is a demand for it no?

- This Free Life Crisis -

I had a class Freshman year highschool called "Leadership" ... wow, was that ever useless. I had another one where we didn't even learn anything - it was a religion class during Senior year highschool; we just sat there and planned out all the masses for the school year. Oh! And did I mention that we got to decorate shoe boxes! .. Yeah, useless.

I've always liked my other classes though, especially philosophy - anything for a worthwhile discussion. Like the ethics class I'm taking now. :)

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

trinigirl524

trinigirl524

WeST iNDee

i think that either personal fitness or physical education is pointless. both of those classes are required and it seems like the same damn thing to me, so i think that only one of them should be required and that doing both is unnecessary.

Signature Image
:::COLORFULL WALLIES!:::Free--wallers:::
Currently Taking Music Code Requests
Feel free to PM or go to my page for more details

LadyyLuna

LadyyLuna

A crazy mind, is a healthy mind.

The class that Im taking here in college that I find completely unnecessary is *drum roll* Christian Faith.

Love, Ani ^_^'

VKei

VKei

Yuki & Ai

Integral calculus, I consider it unnecessary and tedious, also I think that it will be totally useless in my daily life. u_u

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Algebra, English, Philosophy....but then again I'm only in middle school -_-'

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

PE (gym if you're American). What the heck is that about?
And thinking skills. Who cares about De Bono and his stupid hats...

Brownie the Cat

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

well for me....i say History in Malaysia is useless...i didn't not even think there was a need to remember sixteen words long sultan names for a bloody test that serves no purpose in life or anything for that matter.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

JC206

JC206

The Chaos Mod

well leadership looks good on your resume so it's uselful but it's good for colleges to see if your a leader and stuff liek that....anyways useless classes i think are and i've never taken and never will is culinary arts (home economics kinda) and PE unless you are very sporty and pursue a career as a professional athlete

CHC999

CHC999

"I want her to be alway happy"

RE (Reglious education) is totally pointless to me all the teacher in the class is wanting to convert you to a christian, and believe it or not my RE class has tests and exams, and even harder to believe those tests and exams counts towards you overall mark!

Signature

want to know the worst class? Algebra...im a writer/painter and have never used algebra or calculus...ive used accounting quite a bit, and business math, but never have i used algebra...stupid junior high, high school, and college....

probably core classes

Ebonics...now there is a useless class...really? what intelligent person wants to talk like a rap star? other than the preppy white kids who buy all the darn records i mean.

screenlooker

screenlooker

master chief's real face

earth systems(earth science)
i dont want to learn about one damn more rock
i want to take string theory classes(college level physics)

Godfrey of Ibelin: Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth, always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is your oath.

yes history. it's really pointless. we don't learn anything except for da past. which is unimportant for our future. thru history we only learn about our country n tht's all.. does it help our future? to me, me. lol maybe becase i'm not patriotic XD

history is very important, because the mistakes of yester year are still being made today...one would think that the leaders of the world would have paid more attention to the history of the world

Depends on if its required. Some parents don't have enough time to teach their children something like ironing (although, I think its mostly common sense..). As far as I'm concerned, useful courses are entirely objective to the extent of the student's values, that is, they are useful only as much as they reflect the student's future interests.

So required courses are kind of pointless for some people. For example, I do not intend on doing anything with Chemistry, or Physics, but I had to take at least one of them to graduate. I took both, but learned little. I plan on going into Economics, by the way.

Someone said Philosophy up there. That is a very good class to take and understand should you go into something less technical. Its at least good to have a decent knowledge of the process of debate, although, I admit, not required.

actually, a really useful class would be speech....everyone needs to learn how to communicate clearly and sound at least half way intelligent...

Kira-sama

Kira-sama

Im called a cow

can you say : LATIN IS SO FUCKING POINTLESS?
not only latin, but spanish and french too, plus, not only are they pointless but not useful in any way (accept if you want to go to france) but their so goddamn boring! and you always get tons of homework. ( not to mention, my latin teacher is a bitch)

Signature
"you are the lowest form of life, you are not any human fucking being, you're nothing but unorganized grab-astic pieces of amphibian SHIT!"-Full Metal Jacket

page 3 of 4 « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next » 96 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.