Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FLCL's Plot - Minitokyo

Tagged under FLCL

page 1 of 1 16 total items

i'm up to episode 5 already and i still have no idea what the story is or what the heck is going on! XP can anybody help out without giving out what's in episode 6? thanks! btw i still like the show, only i don't know what's going on..

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

No no my friend.....if you don't understand that you shouldn't understand....then you never will.
If you could actually make sense of that i'm saying that it doesn't have a real plot, it's about nothing. IF you wanted to it is possible to really go in deep and talk about the plot but that would be a stupid thing to do because its not what the anime was intended for. You either do get it or you dont.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

There's no plot or sense to FLCL, and that's what people either love or hate about it (me being the latter).

There actually IS a plot to FLCL. It's a coming of age story. Naota Nandaba is beginging to notice women, and he's living in the shadow of his older brother, who became a great ball player, and he doesn't think his father or grandfather understand or listen to him, and his brother's ex-girlfriend is hanging all over him as a surrogate, and he is finding himself slightly attracted to Ninamori, the class rep, and it's all very frustrating and confusing to him.
Enter Haruko Haruhara. She is chaos in a bottle, and someone stole the cork. She's wild, exciting, and she's using Naota for her own ends.
Alot of FLCL is sexual metaphor, such as that wonderful baseball episode.
And in the end, Naota had the courage to tell Haruko how he felt about her, even though he knew that his feelings were likely not reciprocated. The point was that he made the effort, he dared.

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

the story is about alien anvils trying to take over the earth ~ haruka is the invading commander

-repeat-

bweb, that was a very good summation. I like to think that it is summed up in the line "You can't hit a home run if you don't swing the bat." Ignore jasaiyjin's comment. If it wasn't sarcastic, then it was compleatly off base. Haruko is trying to stop Medical Mechanica, not help them.

MuseiRain

MuseiRain

Resident mental patient..

I love it cause i feel like im mad trippin when i watch it.

"We do not have to visit a madhouse to find disordered minds; our planet is the mental institution of the universe."

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Discern between the theme and the plot: The theme is of the comming of age of a boy, read bweb.

The plot is basically what jasaiyajin said, although it gets a bit insane. I saw it a few times and I'm still far from clear about what actually is going on. It'll be best just to sort individual episodes' plots out.

Unfortuantely, its a bit insane - but still amazing! Watch it again!

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

I think the whole abstractness of the show is on par with the theme it presents. Growing up is something that is unclear, and a bit insane at times too. I believe this is the reasoning behind it's "weirdness" ~ it's a metaphor for life in general. Life is nothing but one weird trip. ^^

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Can someone explain the purpose of the robot thing that has a tv for a head? Who is that pirate person the one who Haruka is looking for? Why the hell does stuff come out of the kid's head?!?

their is a very hidden and complex plot this shows plot is amazing oncwe you understand it i have to watch it close as crap to get the plot but still it has one but only ppl that are very perseptive can grasp it

merged: 12-07-2005 ~ 12:54am
the stuff that comes outa his head represents feelings and unpure thoughts coming out to try and destroy us

I'm not to sure what the plot is...all I know is that FLCL means sex or something sexual, which is the theme most of the time. The show is very weird and can loose people easily which makes it hard to tell what the plot is exactly until you watch it a few times and only then will you begin to understand the plot.

wait. back the truck up. FLCL has a plot!?

its really hard to understand. i still don't really get the story. i think its about getting a legendary alien who is very powerful and wanted.

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

if you can understand the plot, you're either on drugs or out of your mind. hahaha

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.