Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you really think everything in life has an explanation? - Minitokyo

Do you really think everything in life has an explanation?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Alfonse

Alfonse

MugenGlider

I'm not sure myself, and that's why I'm asking for your thoughts.
Does every single thing that exists on this planet really have a scientific explanation to you?
I'm kinda in a balance, because I don't know what would explain strange phenomena like "spirits" and whatnot.
So I'm asking what you think.
Thanks. :D

'Signature Image'
My Latest: Oscar
My Original:Almighty Power

ladyai

ladyai

~*serinity from within*~

Hm.. I think that some things in life do happen for a reason. If there's a scientific explanation to go along with that I'm not sure.

Ja ne ^_^

Signature
sigi and ava made by dianas for ladyai ;)

Scientific explenations are sought because humans take confort in what they do know whether it is something that produces a comforting feeling or not. We as people usually fear the unknown. those that don't fear the unknown are usually religious (does not matter what affiliation or preference). as far as some sort of explanation for "spirits", the closest that scientists have come up with is that it is the collection of thoughts that create a personality which defines that person as an individual. concepts such as free will are very hard to define because there are creatures tha show characteristics that seem very similar as to what humans think as free will.

spider-x

spider-x

legendary rave master

yo was up man and now let's anser this life 2 me is something i got 2 go trhu it is something that can't be expland and even if u now what the anser was some people wood not agre with me so why boder in life. life's a wok in the park and if u get lost that's on u i got lost and it was on me 2 get out and i did and for this it is life Does every single thing that exists on this planet really have a scientific explanation to me no it's just something mast up by some one lol i think it dos not happen for a reason it's just all about the time ur ther and the plac wher u are. :( ;) >.< >_< x_x XP

Signature
im the one and only rave master

Prydey

Prydey

Once a Saint, Always a Saint...

Umm well depends...i dont think everything has a scientific explanation...but if its like ghost sightings and all, i think the explanation is that your head is playing tricks on you, maybe cuz u didnt get enuf sleep, u feel guilty...bla blah...hallucinations...

But then there isnt a scientific explanation for everything, else why would there be scientists still trying to find out stuff?

Honour above all, except vengeance...

Signature

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

nope. things are only as they are.

Signature

Kyoo69

me -> Kyo`

I do believe that everything has a specific explanation behind itself, not necessery a scientific one. People just don't know many of them and didn't reach the level that would allow them to understand. About things happening for a reason, I believe many of them do. But some just happen, they don't need a reason, but they are still important.

up up and away

umm.. not really.. i thing somethings happen without needing any reason.. well.. if everything needs to have a reason, maybe it's kinda boring.. >.< o.O

it's rock lee in my avy, if you don't recognise him! ^u^v

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

I think everything in life has a cause and effect explanation.

I told him his girlfriend was a bit overweight (that's cause)
He punched me in the nose (that's effect)

I live in a ghetto (cause)
I am out of work and poor (effect)

I'm a really lazy student (cause)
I failed my exams (effect)

I think virtually everything can be answered this way and is in a sense some mild form of enlightenment. It's logical and kind of mathematical and maybe too dry for dealing with our emotions... but maybe not.

LeeClow

LeeClow

The silent dreamer...

Wow... I dont think I can come close to some of these explanations. O_O
Well... here it goes.

I believe thateverything in life does have a reason(may not always be scientific), and that you have to find those reasons for yourself a lot of the time.
Some of these answers may come very quickly, others may take years. It all depends on the individual.

Well... I've rambled on long enough. ^_^
Later Alfonse.

anebir

anebir

^^~

yeah, i believe that all questions will have an answer =)~ but finding it is a matter of time. we mite not live long enough to get all the answers =\ or... maybe when we've found answers to almost everythnig, new questions pop up again ^^

Alfonse

Alfonse

MugenGlider

Hmm, all sounds good to me, but I'm agreeing with giffin there, about life being explained by cause and effect.
It's very understandable.
And true anebir, those two could be the reasons. Not enough time or just newer questions pop-up.

'Signature Image'

This reminds me of Candide...Pangloss says that in the best of all worlds, supposedly ours, everything has a reason for happening, and it is all for the best. Now....I may not agree with all exactly for the best, but everything in my opinion does happen because of something else, like one action influence another. Like if you don't listen in class you'll fail the test.

nope.

Sthyr kurik pothoc cats mrith vargach garurt. Cats valeij. Sthyr clax molik. Sthyr valignat Cats. Sthyr dartak. Sthyr gixustrat cat aussir cat thric loex...

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

No.

But that's why it's so much fun. :)

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

jasaiyajin

jasaiyajin

-repeat-

I think everything in life has an explanation. That should answer your question.

-repeat-

pheniox87

show your true nature to me

Hell yeah if it can be touched then it has an explaination on its purpose, funtion, and chemical makeup

Two phrases that i live by:
1) "what once was, is and shall be again, that is the way of all, and it is the one true constant."
2) "there is no reason to ever get mad, it is a waste of energy and it dulls your ability to think through things before acting."

leadehua

leadehua

Haro

I think that there is an explanation to everything but it is just really hard to find. Spirits can sometimes be the result of too much coffee or sometthing like that, the world is precieved by our receptors(eye,nose,skin,etc.) and then processed by the brain certain compounds can affect the brain causing us to see spirits.

Signature
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/178802/
-Within lies there is truth, the hard part is telling where is the truth. >.<
-Sleep is good. ^_^

Hmm well I think every thing has a scientific explination. However my reason may be a bit diffrent than most peoples. I believe that God created every thing and set it up in such a way that 1+1=2 every time. I believe he did this so we could have science and so we could understand how the world around us works. Because of that I believe there is an explination for everything, we just have not found it yet.

Alfonse

Alfonse

MugenGlider

Ah, so you, DarkFireTim, believe God made us understand things with science. I never really thought of it that way.
And I guess too much coffee or halusinations do make us believe there are spirits. .::shrugs::.
You all make fine points. ;)

'Signature Image'

forte712

forte712

I see the monkey mind...

Depending on what kind of explaination, yes, everything in life has an explaination.
For most things, we just dont know yet...

Ii shoubu ni shioze! ~ Maeda Keiji

Well now, that depends on what kind of explanation, depending on weather you mean scientific explanation or religious. But you know me, so I can't go with the religious way. But I personally say no not ev ery thing is explainable

Silverwolf12

Silverwolf12

Ed's love

Mabey? Mabey not? Who really knows...

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

I do think most everything would have a scientific explanation, eventually, but that eventually could be a very long time. This is not to say everything has a reason. A reason for an event and an explanation for an event are two very different things. The only things that really have reasons are assigned their reasons by people.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 46 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.