Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Religeon and Science ? Doesn't that presuppose the fact ? - Minitokyo

Religeon and Science ? Doesn't that presuppose the fact ?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

I was wondering whether putting Religion and science under the same heading would immediatly give credibility to Craetionism or Scientology. I don't believe in creationism and I believe these two topics are seperate (until judgement day). What's your thoughts on the topic ? Wouldn't you find it strange if I made a forum called Religion and Football ? Wouldn't you assume that there is some how an irrefutable connection between them ? Doesn't this force my thinking to go in a particular direction ? Isn't this just the next conversion trick ? Is this part of the forum just for Scientologists ? Have your say (I've certainly had mine).

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

There's been a thread about this before...

I think it's because that they both seek to explain the world around them--in fact, the definition of science is a logical, methodical way that humans use to try and explain the world around them--and also that they are constantly argued against each other (e.g. evolutionism v. creationism, god or not, etc, etc) so putting a just religion forum or just a science forum would be pointless, as both forums would wind up with threads arguing one against the other. So that's what I think the mods meant when they made it that way.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

Yes, I'm not saying that religion and science aren't totally different... they definitely shouldn't be confused.

But they're just easy to debate together, that's why. It's not really about religion and science separately, or about religion and science together as one, but mostly about religion v. science, or at least that's what I'm seeing in this forum.

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

Thanks for the replies embershadow!

Seeing that I have unknowingly created a double thread, I would suggest that this question be moved back to the origainater. Please refer to Anjhurin's thread from here in and I'll see about deleting this one in a reasonably short time.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Closed, as requested by threadstarter, and a duplicate thread:

http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/39023/religion-bandb-science-category/

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.