Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 a wallpaper with a scan from You Shiina - Minitokyo

a wallpaper with a scan from You Shiina

is the bg ok

Yes
15 votes
No
3 votes
kind of
5 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Arashi-san

Arashi-san

Nyappy around the world o(^.^)o

-.- this wallpaper got deleted and i don't know why
at animepaper i got this: The problem is that the stock photo in the bg looks very filter heavy in an obvious way.

i think the filter i used is ok .....

http://home.arcor.de/katsumi/Peace.jpg

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES!
NuGeneration

Acuni

Acuni

wrapped in night

hmm
it fits in a way but at the other side i think i have to agree the photo looks realy very filter heavy i would make it soffter if i would like that the nice chara fits etter in to it and there should be some not so clear limnes the more you go away (if you don't get the meaning trei to imagin the desert and you will get the meaning)
ok well everything else is ok^^

_________

Signature

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

The filter doesn't look too bad for the rocks, but it does look rather obvious for the clouds... ^^;; Try smudging things for a more uniform painted look, and you'll need to blend the girl in better if you end up smudging a lot of the background :)

i think the filter in the back is okay, but too sharp in places, such as the clouds. i would suggest that you use the noise>>median filter to soften the edges. other than that, your wall is really good! ^___^

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

yue_hikaru

Silver Magi

try to soften the bg a little. the bg is just to sharp just like kakitsubata says. try to smoothen the edge a little or you can make the bg just like water colour drawing.

Life Is Short n' they say it's precious
So live your life the way U like it

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I was going to say that it looked good because of the colours...

and then I realised your perspective is completely wrong.

The scan is from somewhere above her... ( you can see the top of her head and the top of her shoes) whereas the rocks are front on... you get what I mean? The rocks should be a shot taken from slightly above the rocks.

The photo filter isn't working for me... the overall setting doesn't work either :\ I just don't feel there is any connection with the scan and the background...

... but if you really like the background there's nothing wrong with that either... but the perspective is a bit off...

I won't repeat what others have said... but overall the colours are done well :)

You also have a typo. You wrote "ant" instead of "and"... also it's a bit hard to read :)

Kudos!

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Even with filters, the sea of rocks behind her looks too real. That is the main problem. It makes the character look like a cardboard cutout.

As for the clouds, you should give it a softer feel. The edges are too sharp and doesn't suit the soft sunset.

ichi-ni

ichi-ni

VECTORMAN

well i think it is because your bg is too realistic and the scan looks anime style so it doesn't blend very well together

Signature

Radeonator

not here, not now.

I would like a comment but ichi-ni already answer my opinion.
well it it, it's about "reality" and "complatibility"

=Im here temporarily, please dont visit or leave any message.

Kuzoku

Kuzoku

Sweet Dreamer

I really like the scan and the butterflies and the colours match well. That is what is right with the wallie in my opinion. About the background I agree with everyone maybe soften it a little ^_^* Goodluck! Great sofar!

Those who dream sweet dreams forget the pain of yesterday

Michie3

Michie3

Nature's Fantasy

I love your wallpaper! Though I don't really use wallpapers in shades of orange, yellow, or red, that one is usable despite all that.

Great job! ^-^

Signature

I'm not enough skilled in wallie but the bg seems good...
In my opinion, I think that the character you have chosen with the background are good together.
I like the opposition between a real bg and anime character is like a dream where you can see some feeries like that.

Good job ;)

b3nitora

b3nitora

Rehab is for Quitters!!

I think its wonderful! ^^

Signature
"I said No to drugs, but they would'nt listen."

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.