Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Poll: Do you import your anime, buy locally or both? - Minitokyo

Poll: Do you import your anime, buy locally or both?

Do you buy your anime locally, import it or both

Import
7 votes
Locally
10 votes
Both
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 20 total items

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

So do you import your anime, buy locally or do both

for me (for now anyway) i buy locally, cause its more convienent at the moment for me and you can get the stores to hold it for ya so you can pay it off (layby or whatever you like to call it), very handy if you want more than one dvd/series

Signature Image

Occassionally if a series has been translated but is sold outside the US, I'll buy it on Ebay. Those have been VCDs though.

If I can't find it in stores, I would buy it off of the internet, but I don't have a lot of money to spend though! *grins*

!~* Best Friends Forever = Kaisui Tatsu ~ thingperson ~ PinkPrincessLacus *~!
Administrator of FFVV and Make-a-Friend
Signature Image

both i guess

Usually I buy what's released where I live (that truth to be told, is not much). I would like to buy japanese dvds of the animes that are not released here but they are too expensive, come with few episodes per disc, and my japanese level is not that good to understand all that's being said without subs.

nixhel

nixhel

Far niente ("Doing nothing")

Import. I'm afraid of what may be censored in the R3 DVDs and VCDs sold in my country despite the new, reportedly better ratings system, so I buy RI DVDs ^^;;

Signature
	ImageƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Gigni de nihilo nihilum, in nihilum nil posse reverti Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ From nothing nothing can come, into nothing nothing can return Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

Most often I buy locally, but there have been a few times when I've gone the import route (GALAXY 999 TV for example). I'm weary where the latter is concerned, however, in that I have to trust what I'm reading on a site and a couple of times I've been burned, despite trying to make sure that didn't happen.

Now, the relatively few times that I import something I make sure to read and question advertisements, etc. real carefully.

Michie3

Michie3

Nature's Fantasy

I've been getting it at DiscountAnimeDVD.com, which is sort of import? ^-^ I generally get the box sets when I can <3 Though I have also bought anime locally at places like Media Play...

Signature

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I buy locally mostly with going to best buy and buy the dvds at a good price.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I'm in Australia and there isn't that much anime where i am. Theres one anime shop close to me where i buy locally....but that fact remains that they import nearly everything anyway, especially the manga.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Seeing as how there is no anime sold in my country and importing to this idiotic country is way too expensive I just download my anime.

Internets FTW :)

Angel-Ripper

Angel-Ripper

The laughing man

i buy my dvd localy

WARNING, noob with bad english @ work :-)

slsfavanime

slsfavanime

Akitsuki_sama no kotoba

I choose localy since its cash n carry so i don have to worry abt giving lotz of money n d good arrived few weeks later...

I've done better. I've flown to Japan couple of times and did my buying there. I like to raid used anime shop to save money. On the other hand, once you subtract air fare, food, lodging, transportaion than it might be on an expensive side. ^_^'

I bout over 50 series over import now and i must say the imports are better as the DVDs here in Germany

Both for me. Some of the merchadise that are sold locally are pretty good. But most of the time, I get mine from imports.

BerzerkerOr

BerzerkerOr

I was the jesus brick

I buy my anime from my dealer who lives nearby. She gets her anime cheap from the distributers.

Signature

locally because it's to expensive for me to import from another country

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

both... cause sometimes theres thing i want that need to be imported.

i don't like the dubs things...sometimes the original dubs are a shit but...well . (i haven't find any anime that i like and have bad dubs on his original dubs ...) so..i import everything...without count the manga.....some dvds on were i live have jap subs but..well . the 2 animes i buy on my country was a complete shit dvds with errors ..so . i just start importing them...i don't think i'll buy Locally never again...(even if the dvds have jap with subs..i don't think i'll be able to buy a full serie to see mistakes and others stupid things i can avoid importing it

frustration,friendly,envy,emptiness, unhapyness,unbrearable,Love,hatred, agony,dark,lonely,and in pain
you can all die..nobody cares.i'll enjoy

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.