Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Edit bug (quote function) in forum posts - Minitokyo

Edit bug (quote function) in forum posts

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Did a search but it seems no one brought up this one before. It seems that the edit function do not work properly when I tried to edit my posts. Since editting opens the advanced editor, I'll group it under this thread. The following error occured:

1. Quote tag bug. Instead of normal tag [ quote ] [ / quote ] (sorry had to space it to prevent quote tag activation), it went into [ quote ] [ quote ] resulting in my editted post being nested in the quoted post i.e. double quote.

2. When the tag is manually rectified and the post is updated, it still shows the old post with the no. 1 bug as shown above.

3. Bug no. 1 above activates automatically i.e. [ quote ] [ quote ] in the editor when I tried to manually rectify again the resulting error under no. 2 above.

4. Quote tag bug only resolved when I used another tag i.e. italic but it took several tries before the post appears correctly.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

which post where you trying to edit?

Hi Sheqel.

It was in this thread - chidori kaname mysterious life at post #11. The quoted italicised part was where the error occured.

Btw, the show post function (post# link) do not work. It shows the standard error:

"The requested URL /_forum/showpost.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Um...do I have to make a separate thread for that? Thanks.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

hrm... actually it seems like none of the "quote" or "edit" functions are working... i've tried using both of those in groups and my own control panel and i always get an error msg...

one such example is when i try to edit a group post i get= "Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message() in /new/minitokyo/public_html/_members/editpost.php on line 30"

when i try to edit my anime section i get : "The requested URL /_my/animes/88/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Signature Image

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

Quote by volrath77Hi Sheqel.

It was in this thread - chidori kaname mysterious life at post #11. The quoted italicised part was where the error occured.

Btw, the show post function (post# link) do not work. It shows the standard error:

"The requested URL /_forum/showpost.php was not found on this server.

Um...do I have to make a separate thread for that? Thanks.

hm, you editted out eh part that caused the error? your posts seems to edit fine for me.

Quote by Sheqelhm, you editted out eh part that caused the error? your posts seems to edit fine for me.

Yup, italics tag worked just fine so instead of using the quote tag, I used italics instead. But really, there was something funny about how the quote tag behaved. Sometimes it worked (like the quote in guestbook that you fixed earlier), sometimes it doesn't.

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Just tried editing a post here: http://theunderappreciated.minitokyo.net/#guestbook...

Got this error message: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message() in /new/minitokyo/public_html/_members/editpost.php on line 30

Then I tried deleting it... and got this: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: message() in /new/minitokyo/public_html/_members/deletep(...) on line 24

Just in case, tried it again in http://theunderappreciated.minitokyo.net/ and got the same error messages :3

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Bug Reports | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.