Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 8-Year-Old Admitted to Inha University - Minitokyo

8-Year-Old Admitted to Inha University

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

8-Year-Old Admitted to Inha University

Quote: An eight-year-old prodigy was admitted to a local university, becoming the youngest college student in the nation.

Inha University located in Inchon, west of Seoul, said Monday that Song Yoo-gun has been admitted to the College of Natural Sciences after passing the exams with an excellent score in physics.

Song answered the questions by using quantum mechanics during his admissions interviews on Oct. 22.

The university plans to offer special programs designed to cultivate those who are talented in science like Song, who is known as the science prodigy.

Science and Technology Minister Oh Myung said that the ministry will also launch a task force consisting of four to five experts to support Song scholastic excellence for about five years.

"The government will provide educational and financial support for Song after he registers with the university, allowing him to use the experimental facilities of state-run institutes and study at a top-notch university abroad," Oh said.

It took only nine months for Song to complete elementary, middle and high school curricula that usually take most Korean students 12 years.

He completed primary school courses in February, three months after enrolling in an elementary school in Kuri as a sixth grader.

In one month, he passed the qualification test for a middle school diploma and it took him just two months to pass the high school qualification exam in May as the youngest child.

"Song decided to go to Inha University because of its practical educational curriculum rather than seeking the prestige of other universities," said Song Soo-jin, his father.

The father said that his son will contribute to the nation and compete with scientists around the world.

"I am very glad to be admitted to the university. I will study harder in physics," the prodigy said.

Song studied at the Korea Science Academy, a high school specially designed for the gifted in the southeastern port city of Pusan.

Song has also been taught by a math professor of the Center for Gifted Education at Inha University.

How the hell does an 8 year old get this smart? Maybe hes an alien? :lol: I feel really stupid now? I think hes so smart because somehow hes able to utilize more of his brainpower than the average person?

Signature

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

a God of modern era in the making.....
wow....all of a sudden i feel like suicide coz i m stupid....
what does 1+1 equals to...9
yeah 9 is right!

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

i cant help but think of the social implications for the kid. he might be uber smart- but maybe he is not yet emotionally, and definitely not physically mature. i wonder if he is going to continue to live at home- with his parents. does he have friends his own age, what about future romances for him?
this just seems very tragic to me.

Signature

Are kids getting really smart these days or
Could this be reincarnation at it works? o_0

BTW: I read that on a newspaper about 5 days ago.

Signature

i think its because at school u r pushed through at a very relaxed pace, but if that pace was doubled people would get out of school twice as fast, but that kid is just not normal lol

http://futurama-fan-group.minitokyo.net/ for all those who like futurama

zelious

zelious

Sleep is Gooood....

wow...i thought i was dumb now i'm thinking i'm really dumb.

thats a smart dude thats all i can say i m jelous i bet ya hes getting laid.... damn now i am pissed lucky SOB damn now i am actually mad.... damn you dude for posting this lol.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.