Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Have you noticed the floods of spam - Minitokyo

Have you noticed the floods of spam

page 1 of 1 11 total items

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

I was just wondering if anyone else has realised the incredible amounts of spam that have popped up in every forum. The new credit system has made all these people start up numbers of pointless threads just so they can gain credits......very often if you go to a forum area you'll find 3 or 4 topics that were started by the same person.....all of which are about nothing.

Comments on wallpapers have become equally as pointless.....i always thought the comments were used to critise or actually comment on something on the wall.......not just to say "great wall"n and leave it at that. 20 people saying "great wall" isn't exactly gunna improve anything.

anyway like most other threads this will disappear from existance shortly but i've been thinking it for so long....i just needed to let other know :P

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Icewind

Icewind

Cyber Punk

ya well i call that along time agao. mainly because thay tryed the same thing on the other fourm that i go on too.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

BiNumber3

BiNumber3

The 3rd one, tween the 2nd n 4th

Ya, but not much can be dun about it, i mean vs threads are shut down, yet there are quiz threads and game threads galore, it's like minitokyo's become a forum with some walls rather than a wall site with forums
That n these forums almost have less substance than generic forums everywhere else

Kids these days... taking love too seriously, shouldn't be worryin about love til they're at LEAST 11 years old

There's not much difference in the amount of spam threads. You see more of them now because there's no more Spam Lounge subforum for such threads anymore.

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

stop whining like noobs ok....
its like this: For every era...there is a downfall
and for every revolution, there will be retaliations

so....yeah. so what, what is wrong with playing games in forums?
and when it comes to comments i must agree but however, there is price for everything, NEW MT? = SPAMMERS WANT CREDITS = more spam.

so live with it and stop whining. what is important you look for the right comments!

merged: 11-09-2005 ~ 12:51pm
and by the way, if you would help instead of whining

report the comments that meant nothing like those that seemed like spams.
those with ..................... or haha........nice girl.......a girl.........
or just plain set of smileys.

report them and make MT a better place and don;t whine.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Y'know I said that to friends about the old MT actually. There were PLENTY of stupid pointless threads and gallery comments. Why? Because that was not only one of the easiest, but a suggested way of leveling up if you're not an artist or media monkey able to submit things right and left.

Credits force people to keep active, so that getting your level 10 access to scans and whatnot doesn't cap out the usefulness of the site to a casual user who wants images. It's a good system to keep people involved, bad system for thwarting pointless posting.

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

well, it's not like there wasn't any spam before... and, there were always pointless threads too... ok, the credits thing do make people want to get more of them, and for some people, it means spamming, but hey! it's life... simple equation given out by Devildude... loll

Quote by Devildude
merged: 11-09-2005 ~ 12:51pm
and by the way, if you would help instead of whining

report the comments that meant nothing like those that seemed like spams.
those with ..................... or haha........nice girl.......a girl.........
or just plain set of smileys.

report them and make MT a better place and don;t whine.

loll, good point, reporting is the best way to get rid of those comments... and there's a benefit that comes from reporting... shutting up now ^^

Devildude

Devildude

- Alstroemeria Records -

i got a habit for forum games too, and i like them anyway. so....really that is nothing wrong with having fun, but when it comes to making comments just make sure you look for the ones that make a critical comment.

thats all and do join in the crowd, spam in responsible and in ways for fun only. plus you know that there is a difference.

thanks Ayamael for backing me.

Click signature for my blog
Signature Image
The wind of destiny blows, and the descendant shall walk the earth once more...

Well I think that spam definition depends on people... and probably also the moderators. One of my favourite forum is a little forum but it's really active thanks to forum games (I can't really say that these threads are considered like spam there especially when they are sticked).

As long as it's fun and well... anime/manga forums are hardly the place where you just want serious discussions.

Comments... ah, I'm so bad at writting them that I hardly dare write some....

Signature
Thanks to GothicMike for making my avatar and signature.

Member of : Renegade Fighter ~ Anime Paradise ~ Death-Note

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

The chat lounge in the General Forum section, the Life & Lifestyle section, and the Culture & Entertainment sections generally have somewhat more lax rules on fun threads. Most game threads will remain open and be moved to the chat lounge, and the other two sections generally have more light-hearted topics than say, City Hall.

This is the reason the MT3 forum scheme has been thus subdivided. Now, serious discussions will have their own section, and game threads and fun topics will have a different corner all to their own. This way, members can visit whichever forum section they are so inclined and moderation becomes much easier.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

chingetscook

chingetscook

Net Slacker

I find most of the game and quiz threads annoying, though I haven't looked around in the other forums so much. Mostly in any forum the "Tech forum" is my favorite, but this one has a lot of "how big is your/monitor/hard drive/internet connection/..." threads that are ultimately pointless and just take up space.

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.