Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The degrading of morals of today's people - Minitokyo

The degrading of morals of today's people

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Just a warning, but this may be a long post.

Well, lets get started. Have any of you really looked at everthing from a large scale at the activities and views of the people around you and around the world? I have noticed that the standards for our entertainment have been lowered, people are generally selfish and lazy, people don't want to sacrifice money for the good of the planet, and so on.
Almost every movie that a person watches has a gay person in it. Even the children movies like Shrek. I don't think that this should be allowed. I know that it is put in there for humourus purposes, but the kids do pick up on it, and then they start to think that it is okay. They watch all sorts of obscene and violent things on normal everyday television shows and movies. I want it to stop. There are great movies that don't have this unnecessary themes. I know that violence and nudity, and other degrading things are what most of the puplic want, but don't you think that people should stop and think about what they are doing to the younger ones? They are going to pick up on this and try acting in those ways because the media says it's cool, or the media says it's not a big deal when it IS. People are being to hatefull of one another, and these traits usually start young.
Also many people are being selfish and lazy. It is encouraged among everone to get as much money as you can, get the highest paying job you can, which money isn' t bad, but most of the time people cheat to get more money than they need. (I also think that money is just turing into a bunch of numbers on the internet and cards anyways. Everything is going digital.) This sort of behavior among the buisnesses is really bad, because it sets really bad standards for the younger emplyees who may take over the buisness. Also people do a half job most of the time on things that are really important. But most of the jobs that keep the U.S. and other countries running are generally good workers. Imagine if everyone who worked was lazy and unwilling to do anything about it. Everyone would get so mad at each other because of power failures, biohazards, waste buildup, long shipping, ect. Then chaos whould descend on the human race.
Many big buisnesses also don't want to sacrifice profit for the greater good. Cars that don't run on gas, (or don't run on a lot of it, like Hybrids) should be sold in most car lots, and affordable for everyone. Pollution is a big problem everywhere. Our weather is worsening drastically. Also over fertillization of crops are ruining our environment. Recently in the past few years in Florida, the washoff from sugar plantations went into the gulf and caused algea blooms which used up all of the oxygen for fish, so there was a lot of dead fish around.
Well, basicly, we are dooming outselves. We are destroying the morality of younger ones, we are cheating to get everything we want, and we are not doing much to better out environment. I know that not all people are like this. I know many people who are opposite of what I described. If enough people accually care about what is going on, something can be done about it. I hope to do something.
Well, let me know what you think! I would love to hear your views or experiences, or other things that you have noticed about people in general. I may think of a few things later, so if you are interested, check up on this thread.

(new thought) I remember hearing a young 1st or 2nd grader saying that when she got into high school, that she wanted to have a child. That really shocked me! Even high school mothers are quite commen, and I even know a few that are going on there second child. That is not a good thing.

!~* Best Friends Forever = Kaisui Tatsu ~ thingperson ~ PinkPrincessLacus *~!
Administrator of FFVV and Make-a-Friend
Signature Image

spider-x

spider-x

legendary rave master

i did not get a thing what u sad u lost me lol!

Signature
im the one and only rave master

gekiganger

Reckless Flyer

In other words or for short. people are just greedy. it doesnt' matter if the other survies and it's all about themselves. thats what i think. and technically it mway not be dooming ourselves but dooming the people after it :D as i said people are selfish :D that's how i think about it

Rock n Roll FIRE!!
:D SIG DISABLED :D
Rock n Roll FIRE!!

People used to care about what concequences were for there actions. Today, if someone gets killed, its basically normal, no one really cares. Back then, someone would be shunned for there actions, and hopefully they would improve.

Signature Image

DanTheGreat

DanTheGreat

Ju-Ni Ban Tai Taichou

long post but you're right

Signature

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

Actually, I think you have some problems. Gays aren't added to stories because they are humorous. They are added because they are people that really exist. I think that anyone who I consider to have a narrow mind should be excluded from the world. Hey that means you ! Doesn't feel good does it? I'm not trying to be mean a nasty here, just trying to give you a glimps of what you are saying. Gays are most likely put into the kids movies so that they grow up accepting them and not being biggoted. It's a little bit like being able to see a black person playing a lead role in a movie. Not so long ago at all there would have been people screaming and vomiting in the isles. Looking back we now know that those people were a hopless bunch of losers and morons. So careful what you think, you might find that you are just perfectly brain washed.

Other than that, the second fundamentle law of the universe is that everything is in entropy (it keeps breaking down or everything degenerates). As a rule, to stop it doing this, things are rebuilt and upgraded. Sometimes other things are let degrade as they are seen as no longer useful. Something like rascism would be a great thing to let go of and so would homophobia. You don't have to love it, just accept it.

Finally, the world has always been full of self serving, self seeking people. This is not a new phenominum. If you have been told otherwise, it's a myth. Perhaps even, maybe the world is a more caring place now than it ever has been before. Scary huh!?

I get it. Heres a perfect example (its a true story) There was this group of teens makign commericals about not smoking and they stopped alot of teen smokers. But then the Tobacco Company (which has alot of control over the goverment and such) made them stop doing commericals and everything. It goes to show some companies jsut dont care about the welfare of people they just want money they dont care

The quality of the media is something that parents should, hopefully address themselves. While I agree that the media is full of things that are corrupting todays youth, it is their parents that let it happen. Then when the parents see what is happening to their child they start a campaign against whatever they see is corrupting them. Even though the parents are campaigning against the bad content in the media, they still let their children watch the corrupting shows. Parents today are full of contradictions. None of the media problems will change if the parents are constantly contradicting themselves. It's like the video game issues, which I will not go into because my views on that are varied, but the people campaigning against it should have paid more attention to what their children are watching, playing/interacting with, and generally anything in the media the kids pay attention too.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

Signature Image

hanajimawaves

hanajimawaves

Rogue Dremer

i agree wit the person above. Its a struggle 4 every1 but as long as there r people out there who arnt as selfish as companies etc. we stil hav a chance...

A chance ?!? What's all this rubbish about people doing this and that.. You have a lot to learn kaisui1tatsu before making all these big statements, you need to back them up :)...Everything is going as it should be, if it wasn't maybe the universe is screwed up

Signature
Avatar + Signature made by TripleG :D Thanks

if you wanna know why things are like this, the answer my friend is simple
the world is coming to an end
it's as simple as that, ... just think about it, if you can't figure it out, ask i'll reply

Shamshiel

Shamshiel

Crawling Chaos

Your arguments are really flawed. For one you really are over generalizing, people are no more violent or avaricious than they were in any other time, you're just more aware of this fact, which is a good thing.

Secondly people getting killed certainly isn't normal or accepted and back then people wouldn't so much be shunned as they would be tortured and killed (I believe it was the Romans who boiled and fried people alive) usually for rather minor offenses.

Violence, nudity, and homosexuality are depicted in the media because, you know, THEY EXIST. Seriously, what world are you living in? If you don't want children "corrupted", whatever that may mean, you should teach them about these sorts of things and teach them why they are wrong. Just trying to censor everything "objectionable" (which is practically impossible since objectionable is a relative term) probably causes more harm than good as does forcing your views upon others.

What exactly is your problem with homosexual people in the children's media anyway? I see it no different that having any person from a different race in movies. Would you remove everyone who is not a white Anglo-Saxon from every form of children's media as well?

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by kaisui1tatsuHave any of you really looked at everthing from a large scale at the activities and views of the people around you and around the world? I have noticed that the standards for our entertainment have been lowered, people are generally selfish and lazy, people don't want to sacrifice money for the good of the planet, and so on.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the standards for our entertainment have lowered. There are plenty of people out there in the world who seek many forms of entertainment, from going to strip clubs to watching movies or even just being with their loved ones. The only reason that there isn't as much sacrifice today is because of the rising population which increases the demand and therefore that demand can't really be fulfilled. For that, some people spend too much on others which would make them a bit selfless if you ask me. People's preception of the environment changed over the years, I'll admit that, but that doesn't mean that we should also be influenced by the negative perceptions.

Quote: Almost every movie that a person watches has a gay person in it. Even the children movies like Shrek. I don't think that this should be allowed. I know that it is put in there for humourus purposes, but the kids do pick up on it, and then they start to think that it is okay. They watch all sorts of obscene and violent things on normal everyday television shows and movies. I want it to stop. There are great movies that don't have this unnecessary themes.

This is actually out of likelihood of attracting more mature audiences, even though some people don't realize what content may be in the movie. What ends up happening is that the content filmed on commercial is deemed as safe to see and is given the rating that the movie would be, but when you get to the movie and you end up seeing things that you wouldn't expect to see, then that could pose a problem. Parents assumed that Shrek 2 would be safe for children to watch based on the first movie which didn't really have any out of the ordinary scenes, but Shrek 2 certainly had scenes that were not quite for children to watch.

Quote: I want it to stop. There are great movies that don't have this unnecessary themes. I know that violence and nudity, and other degrading things are what most of the puplic want, but don't you think that people should stop and think about what they are doing to the younger ones? They are going to pick up on this and try acting in those ways because the media says it's cool, or the media says it's not a big deal when it IS. People are being to hatefull of one another, and these traits usually start young.

Movies also do not necessarily mean that children pick up on them. Remember, we have the whole world around us, and to many minds of today, what people often see is what they see as fit or correct. With an inquisitive mind though, people can distinguish between the right and the wrong. If parents are allowing their children to see the movies with inappropriate content for their children's ages, then the parents are rather wrong and should make observations themselves before they send their children off to see any kind of movie. After watching Shrek and Shrek 2, it can be deemed that no movie is assumed safe without getting a proper review on it. As far as I'm concerned with the media, I do not support how they are poisioning the minds of both young and old, thinking that they are a superior unit when they too are just a fraction of the world. Some people rely on the media for information, but not all of the information is accurate and perhaps it's even wrong. Today though, the media seems to be mostly wrong with their discoveries and is corrupting the world faster than they think.

Quote: Also many people are being selfish and lazy. It is encouraged among everone to get as much money as you can, get the highest paying job you can, which money isn' t bad, but most of the time people cheat to get more money than they need. (I also think that money is just turing into a bunch of numbers on the internet and cards anyways. Everything is going digital.) This sort of behavior among the buisnesses is really bad, because it sets really bad standards for the younger emplyees who may take over the buisness. Also people do a half job most of the time on things that are really important. But most of the jobs that keep the U.S. and other countries running are generally good workers. Imagine if everyone who worked was lazy and unwilling to do anything about it. Everyone would get so mad at each other because of power failures, biohazards, waste buildup, long shipping, ect. Then chaos whould descend on the human race.

The highest paying job could also be the worst type of job to take up. Not everyone wants to go out and become a doctor or a lawyer. Not everyone wants to spend almost all their time on the job without much free time to take care of their loved ones. Living a balanced life and lifestyle is the key to a happy life, not a life when only money becomes an issue. Generally speaking, people who are lazy on their jobs often do not get as much as others. Hard work pays off, and most people would rather find themselves having fun with friends or even family rather than go to work when they will have to work at one point in their lives. If the world becomes corrupt due to jobs, it's because there are more people existant on the planet nowadays who will eventually need a job to support themselves and the companies have to pay off even more money, considering wages and raises.

Quote: Many big buisnesses also don't want to sacrifice profit for the greater good. Cars that don't run on gas, (or don't run on a lot of it, like Hybrids) should be sold in most car lots, and affordable for everyone. Pollution is a big problem everywhere. Our weather is worsening drastically.

However, with the scarcity of hybrid cars in the world today, the initial price will be high since the hybrid will be the next form of energy saving in the world. That is also not to say that hybrid cars will be the best of automobiles either since they have to rely on electric energy which is also something that is also expended in the planet, but hybrids will make a cleaner alternative. The weather has been worsening, and I concur with this. Back in the 1970s and 1980s, many places didn't have to deal with excessive heat and excessive severe weather, but the greenhouse effect has contributed to the increase of the inclement weather which resulted from the increase in CO2, carbon dioxide. However, without carbon dioxide, there would be no life since trees take in CO2 and expel O2, oxygen.

There are people who care about their surrondings, but they also know that it can't be up to them alone to make those amendments. The world must act as a whole if there are to be any improvements. People will comply, and others simply won't care. I think I said a mouthful... ^_^'

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

I see conservative people ~_~

~ Values are changing. Conservatism is about keeping things the same as they always used to be. And values used to be much more rigid than nowadays. Now, values are much more relaxed; go to Denmark, for example, and you'll see people find it totally normal to be gay/lesbian. On a side note, Shrek is not targeted to 8 year old kids, it's targeted to 13 year old pre-teens.
~ Giving so much emphasis to money is a cultural consequence of neoliberal economies. Neoliberalism is simple: everything is about money, let it be, let it happen, find a way to do what you want to do without breaking the law. Government acts in favor of the enterprises. And the US are neoliberal, as of right now.
~ Business leaders and politicians in US are mostly conservative, elitist baby boomers who are absolutely not willing to cooperate with the masses. Example: Bush ordered to cut back on the research for fuel-economic cars, because he's a redneck oil-tycoon fucktard son of a bitch and there's no need to bring up any justifying argument to support that, and cleaner cars would mean less oil cash into his pocket. Japan increased its budget for clean car development. Now Toyota has introduced the Prius, Honda has introduced the hybrid Civic, and Ford is still struggling to finish the hybrid Escape.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

Quote by DungenmasterThe quality of the media is something that parents should, hopefully address themselves. While I agree that the media is full of things that are corrupting todays youth, it is their parents that let it happen. Then when the parents see what is happening to their child they start a campaign against whatever they see is corrupting them. Even though the parents are campaigning against the bad content in the media, they still let their children watch the corrupting shows. Parents today are full of contradictions. None of the media problems will change if the parents are constantly contradicting themselves. It's like the video game issues, which I will not go into because my views on that are varied, but the people campaigning against it should have paid more attention to what their children are watching, playing/interacting with, and generally anything in the media the kids pay attention too.

Those are my thoughts on the matter.

Yes! I forgot to metion that parents really hold the key in how the views on children form, unless they are capable of forming there own. Parents should get involved with there children more, but it is rather difficult when the prices of everything are so high. But if every child was raised the way they should be, changing things for the better would be easier, and things llike racism would be dropped.

Signature Image

The world progresse all the time - much for the worse, some for the good.
The more violence,nudity,crap we are subjected to over time, the more we get used to it. We get desentized - we dont react to it.
Hence entertainment must reach for more crap so that they can shock us. In time we get used to that too - its all about going to extremes.
In the end - there is not much we react to at all.

We are responsible for our choices of entertainment - hence a good idea is to choose wisely - ex I dont watch movies with extreme violence, I dont want to get used to seeing those kind of movies. An easy choice for me.

What we choose to show to our kids in form of entertainment is up to us.
Parents have the responsibility to protect their children from potentialy harmful content - parents are also childrens rolemodels, they take after us.
Hence its the parents that need to take control and be firmer in what they let their children do.
I've experienced lots of parents who just put their five year old infront of the tv, and go do other stuff. What the child sees on that tv, they dont have a clue - nor do they seem to care as long as the child is quiet and sits in one place.

There is little we can actually do about whats being showed of entertainment, but we can do everything in our power to not subject our children to it for as long as possible.

Anaxa

Anaxa

Wish

Hmmm, The problem is not the media contents, you should think about the responsibilities of us. The children see that things because they want or an adult isn´t here to explain something. Obviously, the media tries to publish something that catches people attention, it's their way to earn money and fame, and they don't mind to show gays or sexual and mature content. Those things exist as some people above this topic said, and showing or hiding reality isn´t a great purpose. The last word comes from us, about thinking in media utility or something like that.

No matter what you play, if you can move the warm light
Idly sitting by, letting the tide slowly rise around and embrace you

Signature

i want to make it short this time and i really hope that you read the whole post, please:

your views are very narrow, you might now know it but they are conservative. to make myself more clear about it i would try to explain to you that the things you are preaching about are nothing new. they've existed in all times but on a different level. that's because people are afraid of changes or new things so when somebody experiences something like a "dude i feel like time has passed me"-dilemma you start noticing everything you dont really like about life because it does not resemble your personal views.

so you think everybody is lazy and stupid? well that's not true. you think gay people are scary and shouldnt be showed on television because the kids could possibly pick it up? well that's not true either because you dont become gay only because of watching television. you think that a lot of buisnesses could spare some bucks for people who really need that money? you're wrong again because you have no clue about economics. how do you think this will happen? you say that people are being to hateful of one another? well guess what since mankind exist that is a matter of fact that people kill each other because they have different opinions. and normaly it's because one party thinks the old standards should be kept and another party thinks the old standards should be renewed to the current level of society because it's changing and when something is changing you cant prevent it from doing so, else one day or another either the one party or the other will pick up a stick and make it a weapon.

i dont know if you understood me right but you should know that the things you said are nothing new to mankind and if there would be a chance to change things people would have done it by now, trust me, but the thing you want is that everybody things like you ... and that is something you really do not want because then you could count yourself as a communist.

and you think people were used to care about other people? well guess what, you are wrong again because people care (and always have cared) for the stuff they need to survive, everything else is nonsense because we live in order to survive, if somebody threatens our life we just kill them, that's always been like that and it still is like that because that's one of our instincts.

so ... i guess you should stop looking only at the present trying to make everybody equal because that's not possible. you should also stop generalizing things after your own opinion. on top of that, stop thinking that in the past things were better only because i were used to them and now people have changed. yes i agree that mass media is stupid because it brainwashes you but does it really matter if it's the television or the church?

i guess you should really think about the things you write before ranting about society while havent understood it even a bit, because even the last fact about "dropping rasicm" is totaly unimaginable because people are just different and everybody envies his next even if it's for no real reason. even if two people have no money they'd envy each other because of their looks. alright we make everybody look the same how about that? then people would envy the other because he/she has more brains. alright then we make everybody equaly stupid or equaly smart how about that? ... but ... what kind of human will it be then, when it has no personality, no looks, no nothing ...

i really recommend you to read the book 1984 by george orwell. i also recommend you to open your eyes and step outside the box because your views are not only unrealistic but they arent even thought out well. because you are right about the things you say but the approach to it is very small-minded not even to mention your solution for it.

i hope you are aware that my critique on your views is not to make you feel uncomfortable or something because as i said, you are right, but you cannot just think of how to complain but you have to think of realistic possibilities to change things and i think that you are not ready for that. when you are done reading the book 1984 i would like you to post again and tell me how you liked it and in the meanwhile you should keep talking with people about your thoughts and encourage them to criticize you because you can only learn from that. you dont have to agree with them but it will at least give you the chance of seeing things from different perspectives.

good luck.

Kuikka-kun

Kuikka-kun

Yori Fukai Yami He

Yare yare.
Make it short.

Signature

Quote by SilentMasamune

Quote by kaisui1tatsuHave any of you really looked at everthing from a large scale at the activities and views of the people around you and around the world? I have noticed that the standards for our entertainment have been lowered, people are generally selfish and lazy, people don't want to sacrifice money for the good of the planet, and so on.

I wouldn't necessarily say that the standards for our entertainment have lowered. There are plenty of people out there in the world who seek many forms of entertainment, from going to strip clubs to watching movies or even just being with their loved ones. The only reason that there isn't as much sacrifice today is because of the rising population which increases the demand and therefore that demand can't really be fulfilled. For that, some people spend too much on others which would make them a bit selfless if you ask me. People's preception of the environment changed over the years, I'll admit that, but that doesn't mean that we should also be influenced by the negative perceptions.

Quote: Almost every movie that a person watches has a gay person in it. Even the children movies like Shrek. I don't think that this should be allowed. I know that it is put in there for humourus purposes, but the kids do pick up on it, and then they start to think that it is okay. They watch all sorts of obscene and violent things on normal everyday television shows and movies. I want it to stop. There are great movies that don't have this unnecessary themes.

This is actually out of likelihood of attracting more mature audiences, even though some people don't realize what content may be in the movie. What ends up happening is that the content filmed on commercial is deemed as safe to see and is given the rating that the movie would be, but when you get to the movie and you end up seeing things that you wouldn't expect to see, then that could pose a problem. Parents assumed that Shrek 2 would be safe for children to watch based on the first movie which didn't really have any out of the ordinary scenes, but Shrek 2 certainly had scenes that were not quite for children to watch.

Quote: I want it to stop. There are great movies that don't have this unnecessary themes. I know that violence and nudity, and other degrading things are what most of the puplic want, but don't you think that people should stop and think about what they are doing to the younger ones? They are going to pick up on this and try acting in those ways because the media says it's cool, or the media says it's not a big deal when it IS. People are being to hatefull of one another, and these traits usually start young.

Movies also do not necessarily mean that children pick up on them. Remember, we have the whole world around us, and to many minds of today, what people often see is what they see as fit or correct. With an inquisitive mind though, people can distinguish between the right and the wrong. If parents are allowing their children to see the movies with inappropriate content for their children's ages, then the parents are rather wrong and should make observations themselves before they send their children off to see any kind of movie. After watching Shrek and Shrek 2, it can be deemed that no movie is assumed safe without getting a proper review on it. As far as I'm concerned with the media, I do not support how they are poisioning the minds of both young and old, thinking that they are a superior unit when they too are just a fraction of the world. Some people rely on the media for information, but not all of the information is accurate and perhaps it's even wrong. Today though, the media seems to be mostly wrong with their discoveries and is corrupting the world faster than they think.

Quote: Also many people are being selfish and lazy. It is encouraged among everone to get as much money as you can, get the highest paying job you can, which money isn' t bad, but most of the time people cheat to get more money than they need. (I also think that money is just turing into a bunch of numbers on the internet and cards anyways. Everything is going digital.) This sort of behavior among the buisnesses is really bad, because it sets really bad standards for the younger emplyees who may take over the buisness. Also people do a half job most of the time on things that are really important. But most of the jobs that keep the U.S. and other countries running are generally good workers. Imagine if everyone who worked was lazy and unwilling to do anything about it. Everyone would get so mad at each other because of power failures, biohazards, waste buildup, long shipping, ect. Then chaos whould descend on the human race.

The highest paying job could also be the worst type of job to take up. Not everyone wants to go out and become a doctor or a lawyer. Not everyone wants to spend almost all their time on the job without much free time to take care of their loved ones. Living a balanced life and lifestyle is the key to a happy life, not a life when only money becomes an issue. Generally speaking, people who are lazy on their jobs often do not get as much as others. Hard work pays off, and most people would rather find themselves having fun with friends or even family rather than go to work when they will have to work at one point in their lives. If the world becomes corrupt due to jobs, it's because there are more people existant on the planet nowadays who will eventually need a job to support themselves and the companies have to pay off even more money, considering wages and raises.

Quote: Many big buisnesses also don't want to sacrifice profit for the greater good. Cars that don't run on gas, (or don't run on a lot of it, like Hybrids) should be sold in most car lots, and affordable for everyone. Pollution is a big problem everywhere. Our weather is worsening drastically.

However, with the scarcity of hybrid cars in the world today, the initial price will be high since the hybrid will be the next form of energy saving in the world. That is also not to say that hybrid cars will be the best of automobiles either since they have to rely on electric energy which is also something that is also expended in the planet, but hybrids will make a cleaner alternative. The weather has been worsening, and I concur with this. Back in the 1970s and 1980s, many places didn't have to deal with excessive heat and excessive severe weather, but the greenhouse effect has contributed to the increase of the inclement weather which resulted from the increase in CO2, carbon dioxide. However, without carbon dioxide, there would be no life since trees take in CO2 and expel O2, oxygen.

There are people who care about their surrondings, but they also know that it can't be up to them alone to make those amendments. The world must act as a whole if there are to be any improvements. People will comply, and others simply won't care. I think I said a mouthful... ^_^'

Yes you did say quite a mouthfull! I am glad to have so many reply with different views though. I did not touch on everything, but that is rather impossible. I do belive that parents should control more of what there children see, listen to, ect. There is a lot of harmfull stuff out there, and some parents even purposly put thier children in bad environments. I remember seeing a picture of a baby bottle that had a beer lable on it. Some parents think that it is cute to have little kids with that sort of stuff on them. A lot of these problems lie with parents and how they raise thier children.
The car thing though, there are many awsome inventions everyday that are fully capable in helping out plantet, and they are just now getting around to doing something about the cars.

merged: 11-10-2005 ~ 11:38pm

Quote by GOMFi want to make it short this time and i really hope that you read the whole post, please:

your views are very narrow, you might now know it but they are conservative. to make myself more clear about it i would try to explain to you that the things you are preaching about are nothing new. they've existed in all times but on a different level. that's because people are afraid of changes or new things so when somebody experiences something like a "dude i feel like time has passed me"-dilemma you start noticing everything you dont really like about life because it does not resemble your personal views.

so you think everybody is lazy and stupid? well that's not true. you think gay people are scary and shouldnt be showed on television because the kids could possibly pick it up? well that's not true either because you dont become gay only because of watching television. you think that a lot of buisnesses could spare some bucks for people who really need that money? you're wrong again because you have no clue about economics. how do you think this will happen? you say that people are being to hateful of one another? well guess what since mankind exist that is a matter of fact that people kill each other because they have different opinions. and normaly it's because one party thinks the old standards should be kept and another party thinks the old standards should be renewed to the current level of society because it's changing and when something is changing you cant prevent it from doing so, else one day or another either the one party or the other will pick up a stick and make it a weapon.

i dont know if you understood me right but you should know that the things you said are nothing new to mankind and if there would be a chance to change things people would have done it by now, trust me, but the thing you want is that everybody things like you ... and that is something you really do not want because then you could count yourself as a communist.

and you think people were used to care about other people? well guess what, you are wrong again because people care (and always have cared) for the stuff they need to survive, everything else is nonsense because we live in order to survive, if somebody threatens our life we just kill them, that's always been like that and it still is like that because that's one of our instincts.

so ... i guess you should stop looking only at the present trying to make everybody equal because that's not possible. you should also stop generalizing things after your own opinion. on top of that, stop thinking that in the past things were better only because i were used to them and now people have changed. yes i agree that mass media is stupid because it brainwashes you but does it really matter if it's the television or the church?

i guess you should really think about the things you write before ranting about society while havent understood it even a bit, because even the last fact about "dropping rasicm" is totaly unimaginable because people are just different and everybody envies his next even if it's for no real reason. even if two people have no money they'd envy each other because of their looks. alright we make everybody look the same how about that? then people would envy the other because he/she has more brains. alright then we make everybody equaly stupid or equaly smart how about that? ... but ... what kind of human will it be then, when it has no personality, no looks, no nothing ...

i really recommend you to read the book 1984 by george orwell. i also recommend you to open your eyes and step outside the box because your views are not only unrealistic but they arent even thought out well. because you are right about the things you say but the approach to it is very small-minded not even to mention your solution for it.

i hope you are aware that my critique on your views is not to make you feel uncomfortable or something because as i said, you are right, but you cannot just think of how to complain but you have to think of realistic possibilities to change things and i think that you are not ready for that. when you are done reading the book 1984 i would like you to post again and tell me how you liked it and in the meanwhile you should keep talking with people about your thoughts and encourage them to criticize you because you can only learn from that. you dont have to agree with them but it will at least give you the chance of seeing things from different perspectives.

good luck.

I never meant to sound like everything in the past is good, but people are becoming more insensitive to all of the bad things. I remember someone once told me that an older guy fell down on the street and couldn't get back up and there were plenty of people around, but no one would help him. So the person who told me the story drove over and helped him, since everone around him was so busy. Maybe a reason for the actions of the people was because they were afraid to be sued or something. I also didn't mean to sound narrow minded, I didn't do a lot of reasearch, and those were jsut my thought at the time. If I were to rewrite it, it would be ten times as long! lol. And I guess I am kinda conservative. . . And I would like if people could drop blind racism. Some people still hate other races just because of what thier country did in the past.

And young children watching things on tv just dulls them to where if they were to decide that they wanted to be gay, they would think that the consequence of being that way wasn't really that bad. If they never saw stuff like that on thier shows then they would (should) be afraid of what other people would think of them. And I don't think that everone is lazy and stupid, and I realize that people do need the money to support there families and themselves, but there is a lot more corruption.

Well, I think that you can imagine my relpies to everything else. But I am going to try to find that book in the school library, and if it is not in there, I will go to the public library. Who knows, maybe it is AR! I really do appreciate your comment. I did not leave a good impression, but like I said before all of that was off the top of my head, and I guess I should have prewrote it and left some links to other websites backing me up. Thank you for your comment.

Signature Image

Jormungandr

Jormungandr

Child of Deceit

society's morals have been "degrading" since the dawn of time. in some ways, there is truth in this--children are often not nearly as disturbed by things in their environment as their parents. on the grand whole, though, all these "degrading" morals are is a symptom of the generational change that's constantly occuring. it isn't that people's morals are degrading, it's that they're changing, as they always do. the renaissance was a "degradation" of societal morals. shall we call that bad? or how about the industrial revolution? society's morals were "degrading" there, too. the whole point is completely moot if you just step back and look at it.

Signature

Confucius says, shit happens.

"When you have polluted the last river, when you have caught the very last fish, and when you have cut down the very last tree, it is too bad that then, and only then, will you realize that you cannot eat all your money in the bank." -- Christian Bay (1) Ah, here is a nice quote!

Signature Image

Jormungandr

Jormungandr

Child of Deceit

whether it's nice or not is beside the point. it has nothing to do with the conversation. my point was not that society is on a continual downhill path, but that it just changes in a way that always looks like it's going down to the previous generation. we have absolutely no idea where it will be in the next hundred years, whether closer to popular ideas of morals or not. society will change as society decides to change, but it isn't going to destroy itself, except through large-scale war... and even that's unlikely.

Signature

Confucius says, shit happens.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

If you're worried about all the 'bad' on this planet, when you have kids, be a parent.

Just teach them and raise them in the proper manner, be there for them, support them, and show them what it is to be a good person. Then they will raise their kids that way, and those kids will raise theirs that way ... etc. I dont believe complaining about a problem will ever solve it. I understand there are many problems in todays world but I also completely understand that most the 'good' people of this world who have a problem with this situation are also the people that sit on their butts and dont do anything about it. Dont like the sudden influx of homosexual themes in your movies? Dont watch them. Dont like the violence in your neighborhoods? Volley for higher budget for policemen so they're never understaffed. You can even donate money. Feel like Conservatives are money grubbing idiots? Vote Liberal. Think Liberals are running the countrys social system into the ground? Vote Conservative. Write letters to congressmen, stand outside the capitol building with others that share your views.

The point is, everyone talks about the problem and the discussion always degenerates into "im right!", "no, you're wrong moron, Im right" conversation. What is a list of solutions to these problems? I think a post about "this is a list of things I dont like about the world AND here is my list of what to do about them" would charge a conversation with some progress. :)

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.