Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 THE ROTTEN EGG CHALLENGE- info and recruitment thread - Minitokyo

THE ROTTEN EGG CHALLENGE- info and recruitment thread

page 1 of 1 24 total items

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

THE ROTTEN EGG CHALLENGE sign up, rules & info thread
*time for some propaganda....*

Hello EVERYBODY :D
As you may know, THE UNDERAPPRECIATED GROUP *link fixed... thanks Anjhurin *___* (otherwise known as the "Most Coordinated Legion of the W.A.R) have been holding fortnightly competitions and we have had more than 6 rounds so far, meaning a non stop challenge for 12 weeks, or three months :)

If you know me, just by looking at my avatar you know that I am a nut :D

Misa and The UnderAppreciated Group cordially invite registered UA members and others to participate in:

http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/9110/trec5pc.jpg
THE ROTTEN EGG CHALLENGE

---------------
Overview
---------------

* A 3 round competition
* Put YOUR reputation on the line :o
* ANYONE can win :D
* You make new friends
* You receive really weird and tough kinda themes/ stimuli ;)
* You have fun- it's not all about winning and losing... well sorta :P
* You can BET
* You can BRIBE
* You can TEASE
* There are prizes
* ANYONE is eligible to join as long as they have a good and stable internet connection, and also have some intermediate Photoshop or Illustrator skills. We want to see some high quality work, so do try your best despite the ugly name of the competition ;)

----------------
What you will need to produce
----------------

You'll be specifically given a theme or a stimulus (sensual: visual, aural or textual) to use as a basis. You'll be given the dimensions and two weeks to complete your tasks.

It may not necessarily be a wallpaper- it can be anything from posters, comic strips, collages, digital prints- anything :) This is a digital media contest :)

----------------
Judges
----------------

ALL JUDGING APPLICATIONS CLOSED.

----------------
Prizes
----------------

* Secret Prize Pool: We currently require all participants to PM me a prize contributing to the secret prize pool. It can be as generous or as miserly as you want- for example, a zip of Whitney Houston mp3s, or even just a photo of you. You do not send these in to me. Rather this is just a random prize pool the overall winner will select from- just for fun.

* Scans: Almighty DREAM offered his large personal stash of scans winners can select from. Do check out his gallery for a taste tester... it'll make you drool XD

* Titles: Yes. There are titles for winners. Check the Official Site for more information.

* Advertising1: When you LOSE you must advertise the entry you lost to in your signature and write "I AM A ROTTEN EGG" beside it. Yes, in your signature. You are not permitted to advertise your own losing entry :P
If you WIN, you simply write "I AM A KICKASS EGG" and advertise all you want of your own entry.
For clarifications, check the official site.
This is a prerequisite- if you do not agree to this, you cannot participate.

* Advertising2: Winning entries will be advertised on the UA group page. The first entry will be there for a month, the second entry for 3 weeks and the third entry for 2 weeks. The same will apply to my userpage and my signature.
If you belong to a group, your entry may also be advertised on the group page as long as your admins allow and organise that :)

----------------
Betting
----------------

This is no ordinary competition so we let you bet :)
In the third round, there will be a few knocked out participants who will be called back.
In order to qualify to be called back, you should bet frequently on the official betting thread (not this one).
The betting is clarified in detail on the official site, so please read through that.

----------------
What it takes to win
----------------

I've always believed that competitions were meant to be fun and happy :)
But to win this competition, you have to be the following:

* Attentive to detail. Not only visual, also textual, aural etc.
* Good perception of the themes. "Feeling" is the key
* Being able to use the correct tactics: be it bribing, cheating, taunting, blackmailing or taking performance enhancing drugs :)

----------------
Wishlist and what to write on this thread if interested
----------------

* Read the Official site- make sure to read EVERYTHING and agree to pretty much everything it says.
* PM me if you wish to be one of the two judges
* Write on this thread or PM me if you are interested in participating or have any questions.
* Write on this thread any clarifications you want made
* Write down any suggestions or reactions

----------------
Links out etc
----------------

OFFICIAL T.R.E.C SITE: HERE VERSION 2 RELEASED 15 NOV 05 with a shoutbox
UA PAGE: UA page
PARTICIPANTS: Applications close 20 Nov. PM your prize ASAP before the competition starts. If later than Nov 20, tell me ASAP before the 25 Nov
COMPETITION START: --->1 DEC 05 <--
JUDGES: APPLICATIONS CLOSED

Prove to me you are not a rotten egg >O<!
:P Yeah.

Current participants (no order and list not confirmed yet)

Teryon, Terra-chan, Ephemeral-Garden, kakitsubata, EvoIIICE9A, Jormungandr, DernierCri, smilebit, tecnophreak, kuroimisa, jaderabbit, xxxJUDGExxx, RaXiv, artgeek12, DayBreak, Regenbogen

* UPDATED LIST 24-11-05

[total: 16]

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Ooooh... so you already started the applications, eh...

Detailed eh... oh well... just reading. Don't mind me!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

why has nobody posted yet? o_O"

i'm in! and i've got my secret prize ready. ^____^

Signature Image
latest wall::feathers and such [Kingdom Hearts II]; previous wall::samurai poses [Samurai Champloo];
proud member of::The UnderAppreciated; Bleach; ChrnoCrusade; Journey-To-The-West; Silver-Rhythm;

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

*sniffs* nobody's interested ;___;

*sulks in a corner*
*mopes in darkness*
*watches the mould grow*
*nihilism*
*depression*

u.u

*waves my pink Osaka banner*

Nobody? o.o

T_T

Signature
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.

RahX101

RahX101

is it any wonder i cant sleep

i want in on this to. :D
lets hope i can manage my time better. >_<

Jormungandr

Jormungandr

Child of Deceit

eh...

i'd say that i'm in, but... i already am. so.

apologies.

Signature

Confucius says, shit happens.

Ugh... I've yet to finish my secret prize. *knocks head* Get to work Ephie!

Strange... how come such interesting competition gets nobody's attention? *waves TREC banner around MT* Wait. Why must Osaka banner by the way?

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Eh... it's because it was in my scan folder and it was easy to extract. *magic wand actually works for Azu scans*

Nobody's interested. This is sad.

*depressed even further*

Signature

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Thanx for the invitation, Misa. I'll think about it. It really depends on my work schedule really... >_>

omni

omni

Hostile But Cuddly

Poor little tofu-chan.

Er, I mean, chestnut-kun.

Oh, forget it.

Signature ImageM. G. C. S.
No. 6, this time in desktop form.
God, I'm interesting.

tevi

tevi

Misa's evil twin

I'm interested... But kind of busy... Massive amounts of built-up fun / excitement / drawing to be done! *sends her deepest apologies!* Be good, and I'm sure this'll all work out! You'll find people! Rawr!

- Lub,
Tevi

Signature Image

- same person; no difference at all, just a different sex

Anjhurin

Linguistics

Anjhurin

ARIA sanchou

whoa that seems like an intersting competition... well i'm no waller though, but it seems fun i hope it can take place XP.
btw hey it says on the official page that judges can't accept bribes ;) .... but it says one competitor can use this mean to win ^_^..... lol i guess it depends on the judge then.

good luck with it anyway, i'll check the site and this thread !

Spidey-Matt

Spidey-Matt

Shira (Spidey-Matts Chicken)

I think I'll stick to some of the group comps I am not very good at time managment. Thank you for the offer though :( I am sorry if I have disapointed anyone-Thanks again-Shira

Signature
Click here to visit my gallery.

Sniper's Motto:"Don't run, you'll only die tired!"

I'm not sure how much contestants you have right now, but I guess Anjhurin is trying to advertise the contest in Doujinshi-Support-Club. Not sure if there are any doujin artist + waller is interested though. ^^

No, don't be sad...

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

DernierCri

DernierCri

identity mayhem

I don't know why you keep advertising the challenge Misa when it is obvious
I will make you all rotten eggs and you'll have to advertise my artworks into your signatures... muahahahaha....
So let's cut to the chase and save ourselves time competing...
just admit I am the best! lol
King Spice

merged: 11-14-2005 ~ 11:56pm
how is that for taunting... huh?
just getting ready ppl don't freak out on me ok!

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

;__; I keep on advertising because we don't have enough people King Spice... all the minions are busy with school... something I forgot the meaning of XO

Lol... everyone will be a rotten egg at some stage or another ...

*runs*

oh King Spice is so evil taunting the othersss XP

Signature

jaderabbit

jaderabbit

Cheetos Overlord

ill join in on the fun! Put me in the competition please.
also do we use any image or do we use a image that u select for us? pm me about this.

bah

bah

Mad Scientist

looks interesting. id like to see how this goes before id enter tho

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Wuihhhhh....This looks fun ! I wanna help/participate, but I will not be around in December T_____T

Signature

RaXiv

RaXiv

Equivalent One

I'am in, please forward any other info to wojenek@gmail.com and keep me tuned up.. please ;)

[ Current State: Stalker half-active, always like that to the summer! ]
>>[ Signature updated 28.05.2005 ] << [Latest Work:] | I ... Never Found Our Way |
Signature
. . Sky is more bright when You have someone to look with at... do you have someone? . . . [url=htt://raxiv.minitokyo.net] | My userpage | [/url]

DayBreak

DayBreak

The Prince Is Dead

Sounds fun, i have nothing to do.
So, i might as well join. heh

Signature
i have such good eyes for spotting talent *-* it never failed me -0- cept for the time when i picked bromit to be staff -0- -Queen Saki

ysb2552

ysb2552

Neko mania

hmm i don't know XP
if even newbie are welcome i could try... heh heh

Signature

.... sounds interesting this... but I dont really think I'm good enough to keep up with themes and styles and whatnot ....

Emma

Emma

Dew Dust

I love challenges and this sounds like fun! And I view this as a learning experience too...sadly, I just don't have the time. My schedule is booked with my teaching job and with a college paper. As it is, I barely get sleep during the 5 day-job week. Sorry. I can do this in the summer and maybe next year ^_^ So I hope it runs again! *hopes*

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 24 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.