Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Plastic surgury. Right or Wrong ? - Minitokyo

Plastic surgury. Right or Wrong ?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

I'm surprised that I haven't seen this question in my searches. I can only hope that it's not a repeat thread though.

So. Plastic surgery...

I think that in the States this is becoming just a standard activity but the rest of the world is still having a more serious juggle with the whole idea. My opinion is that if you are really ugly or you are in a car accident and it leaves you less than pretty, then it's a great idea. But then I see rather nice people tossing up the idea of going under the knife to make changes that I think are barely worth the risk. So I'm talking cosmetic here. Micheal Jackson seems to have been sick with the idea and look where he has ended up. What do you think of cosmetic plastic surgery in general?

well for ppl with accidents or something, it's ok for them but basically I think they're for vain ppl, no offense..

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

climbingmonkey

Climbingmonkey

if u dont need it really bad(major facial distortion or something) i reckon its better to let your body grow like its meant 2

the greatest acheivment in life is doing what you have been told you cannot do.

saiyukifan

saiyukifan

GOMENASAI EVERYONE. :(

the only people having plastic surgery are... well... trying to be popular or something and then their attitude will change... *sigh* and I guess plastic surgery is bad because inner beauty is what counts. right?

and it's bad too because umm... the doctor might have a mistake and you would appear more distorted than your previous face...

Signature
Sunlight is what I want, but sunlight ignores me... I wish I would someday be freed from this darkness by someone who will love me forever and ever... no more pain at all with him... no more pain and tears... because I will love him...
~thanks to~
k1ru for my ava and sig! ^_^

griffin

griffin

Super Natty

That's right saiyukifan

I've heard of some disasters with plastic surgery and I've also had the misfortune to see one.

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I guess it just depends on the situation. I personally don't think it's worth the risk, but I know I can't speak for other people. It's just kind of sad to me that people are willing to take such a big risk to be physically attractive T_T

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

Wrong...I don't like the idea of plastic surgery unless it's for medical purposes. I mean...to do plastic surgery is to turn your back on your family---your parents, your ancestors, etc. You are who you are, and plastic surgery is not you. It's plastic. >_<

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

I think it's something people shouldn't take so lightly. It's surgery and as such it's very risky and painful.
People willing to go to such extremes for a better appearance I suspect have unrealistic expectations. If they have low self esteem,
a physical change won't be the miraculous cure-all. These issues are better dealt with through therapy... seeing that they have the money for optional surgery anyhoo. ^_^'

unless used to help burns victoms and stuff i say WRONG

xshintax

Gif files are Compu$erve

Inner beauty doesn't count. If you think you need plastic surgery go for it. There are plenty of ugly people who need it and should get it. I've had plastic surgery 4 times on my hands (I'm 13) and I needed it. And as for people like Micheal Jackson who change their race and stuff, that is a one in a million type thing and wouldn't happen to say, your next door neighbor. In conclusion, if you think you need surgurey you most likely do.

Wtf is your problem?!?

Why the f*** do I need to use proprietary filetypes in my signature and avatar? Stupid Minitokyo... STUPID COMPU$ERVE! Use png instead.

i think that it has finally reached the mainstream.so alot more people are accepting it now,more than ever.there is no right or wrong,only two viewpoints.but for those who need it because of facial abnormalities,then let the patients be the judge.it is,his/her face.micheal jackson can do whatever he wants to.i'm not happy with his surgery and all,but it seems like he's happy with it.he knows what people think.and it's a most likely probability that he understands them.for those that agree with the latter sentence, do explain.cause i'm tired of typing,lol.i'm going to sleep now.

chibishibainu

chibishibainu

shiba inu~~

i agree with saiyukifan.... MOST of them time people have plastic surgery just because they want to be popular. however, certain people DO need plastic surgery.. or are we talking about cosmetic plastic surgery? people who do need it are people who had their face shattered, born with a cleft lip, or something that would impede on their daily life. being "not as pretty" is NOT the end of the world. and one could put the money to much better use than making oneself have the "cheek bones of gwyneth paltrow" or the "nose of courtney cox."

blazinstreaks

blazinstreaks

Persocom Technician

I think plastic surgery is alright for those who had been in an accident or has a medical condition that affects them physically. For normal ppl to have plastic surgery to 'beautify' themselves, its just plain vain.

Cammie

Cammie

Yurikitten

i dont think its right nor wrong...up to people to do whatever they feel like.

UchihaTaijiya

UchihaTaijiya

Touched.By.Dusk

You can't say its right or wrong really. It's a choice. If a person chooses to go through with it, then that was their decision. They most likely are aware of the risks, and if their still willing to go through with it, then there is probably a reason behind it. To say that they are vain, well, that's one way to look at it, but maybe they have incredibly low-selfesteem and with today's society, sensitive kids get hurt easy. I'm just saying, their reasons are theirs and theirs alone, who are we to judge?

Of course I think it's fine for people who have disfigured faces from whatever cause.

I myself wouldn't get the surgery done, but then again I'm quite satisfied with how I look. ::shrugs::

Signature Image

Traize

Traize

Design Student

I would have to say its your own choice to make, a relative of mine works in plastic surgery for those who genuinely need it with the NHS & in the end, shes helping people, I don't personally agree with it, but let people be, if they aren't hurting anyone it shouldn't really matter.

That said, if you feel you need to change your appearance you might want to take a look at your brain & whats going on inside that before doing anything to the outside. I'm not saying only nutjobs go for surgery, but in the end, you are what you are & you are the one that makes that a good or a bad thing.

Signature
Dick Van Dyke is my Chuck Norris

Hmm..well i think if ur really unconfident in the way u look the why not!
Its kinda unfair on people who cant afford it and need it, but i still think its not a bad thing. But for people who are just bored and wanna change, thats wierd. Meh i wont ever do it *crosses fingers*.

\(^o^)/

Elsie

Elsie

Snow.Drops*

um...i think that it's okay, depending on how you look. If it's something that's really bad or if you just want bigger boobs. plastic surgery does give people more confidence. But for me, I think I look fine the way I am.

*Love is like quicksand, the longer you stay in, the harder it is to get out.*
Signature
Thanks for the ava and sig, PAche!

Stupid, worthless, but definately should be legal. Just my opinon based on what I know though. It could be helpful for changing the human body, while maintaining conciousness, but I doubt it has any scientific benefit like that.

ibrahimm

ibrahimm

Kick Ass And Chew Bubblegum

i think its fake.... god has given you the perfect body to live with, you dont think thats good enough and try to fix it... it could be, but if you are already beautiful... i find it useless.... but if you look like a shemale?.....

Then... you could..... But god has created man in a beautifull way, and if you really think you are ugly and start to fear social life... then do it

Orokawa Ototoyo........

needed by the uglies i suppose

aiya.

Chibi-Guilala-of-DOOM

Chibi-Guilala-of-DOOM

Robot Chicken's rubbery cousin.

It depends.

For burn victims and such, it's a blessing.

I think that silicon implants though, are disgusting.

Signature Image

For people that get into accidents, and that would have never considered it beforehand, i think it's okay, but for people that haven't been hurt or injured, then i think's it's stupid. They should just be greatful for what they were given.

I am sorry but with all things plastic surgery isn't just a black and white issue. For someone like me I am getting plastic surgery done in a month not for cosmetic reasons but for medical reasons. I am having breast reduction surgery and I think that it is going to really change my life. I am very grateful to be having this done. I have had back problems all growing up and I am only 22. I am in no way shape or form having this done to make my breast look better. In fact this will leave me with premanent scars. I only share all of this because I want people to know that not all plastic surgery is done for shallow reasons. So please don't judge someone before you know their story.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.