Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Can anyone tell me some good manga to read? - Minitokyo

Can anyone tell me some good manga to read?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Right now I've read pita ten (WHICH RULES!) Cardcaptor Sakura (WHICH ALSO RULES!) and a book of angelic layer, which is alright. Digi charat I didn't understand :S and right now D.N. Angel (soooooo cool). Well, now you know what I read, advise me of those sort of books! Thankie sankie! ^_^ These are romance/comedy/action/fantasy types of manga. I also like cute characters tooo... ^_^;

' I like the wind, when I stand against the wind,It sweeps over me and makes me wanna fly...\'

umm... Lets see it depends on what you like?

merged: 11-12-2005 ~ 04:28am
http://www.seraphic-tears.net/avatar/a013.gif

merged: 11-12-2005 ~ 04:29am
like if you more into something like fantasy Yu watase books are great!

love hina is a good romance/comedy

You might like Chobits, DearS, and maybe Seikai Trilogy (Crest of the Satrs, Bannerof the Stars, ext...). This might be a bit of a stretch but Saiyuki is a another good one.

Game programmer and Anime freak

Read the best manga ever written, 20th Century Boys, so far 19 volumes have been scanlated of this manga. It's very different from what you've read till now but that doesn't mean you shouldn't check it out.

Some people don't like the first two volumes because for them they are kinda slow paced, IMO the whole manga starting from the 1st vol is pure perfection.

This is a serious, epic story, with amazing character and envoronment development, everything changes over time, people get older, the world even changes it's an amazing manga.

ladyai

ladyai

~*serinity from within*~

Ohh I know. Princess Ai! That manga is soo awsom. You should really read it!

Ja ne ^_^

Signature
sigi and ava made by dianas for ladyai ;)

Kiumaru

Kiumaru

{Mangaholic}

Try Rizelmine, it's made by the same creator as DNAngel. Hmm... I'm not too good at recommending manga but I guess I also recommend Bleach for action. Azumanga Daioh is also good. (Nice comedy in it.) Hmm... I'm out of ideas...

My favorites right now are:
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (Sakura loses memories, including memories of a boy {Syaoran} she loves, Syaoran tries to get them back)
XXXHolic (ties somewhat into Tsubasa R.C.)
Vampire Game (Vampire King dies with killing human king. Later reincarnated, and princess descendant of human king vows to help the vampire king find the reincarnated human king for his revenge because she is bored with her life)
Full Moon Wo Sagashite (Mitsuki has 1 year left to live because of tumor in throat, 2 shinigami come {angels of death} and help her become her dream of a singer. She wants to become a singer for her childhood sweetheart who lives in America, but she hasn't heard from him in 2 years, she hopes that he will recognize her)
Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne (reincarnated Jeanne d'Arc removes demons from paintings while balancing her normal school life, and recent playboy Chiaki.)

battle angle alita or akira and if you do not understand it you should go and read something like love hina i guess, it's halerious.

That depend of your taste, but City hunter is a good one (a liittle old but soo funny ^^) and Houshin Engi.

JGV

JGV

:"D

I LOOOVE Immortal Rain! Its hilarious, action-packed and has such an exciting romance, and not the kind that u have to wait like some cliffhanger....really you must atleast look it up in the internet >D

--Wow, I got really excited just writing this...now u see XD

A witty saying proves nothing
-Voltaire

nixhel

nixhel

Far niente ("Doing nothing")

It depends on what kinds of genre you like. The following titles I personally like are listed below based on genre.

Shojo:
Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou ("Kare Kano")
Tenshi Kinryoku ("Angel Sanctuary") - this one takes a lot of liberties with the actual angelic hierarchy; not your usual shojo fair
Fruits Basket

Shonen & Other(?):
Rurouni Kenshin
Chrno Crusade ("Chrono Crusade")
Ma-Je ("King of Hell") - technically, this isn't manga but mahwa (Korean comic), but it's pretty cool :)
Mugen no Junin ("Blade Of The Immortal")
PEACE MAKER Kurogane

Supernatural:
xxxHOLiC

Horror:
Mantis Woman - it's a single vol manga by Senno Knife and published by where-are-they-now I.C Entertainment (Studio Ironcat)

Some fans recommended me other titles like "Gantz" and "KAmi Kaze", the latter by Shiki Satoshi. There aren't any English language releases though unless you can read Taiwan Chinese :( "Gantz" the anime is relatively faithful to the manga storyline (some parts had to be omitted because of time constraints), so you can get a pretty good idea about some of the chapters from there. "KAmi Kaze" is, quoting a fan, "typically shounen and predictable", "lotsa fights and blow-ups", "drawing quality is excellent" and "it's about a special race of people who are fighting against one another and they each command a power of the elements like Fire, Water, Wind and Earth. The male lead is the guy who commands Earth and the female lead commands Water."

Signature
	ImageƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Gigni de nihilo nihilum, in nihilum nil posse reverti Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ From nothing nothing can come, into nothing nothing can return Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

Ah! My Goddess!

into 32 volume and up to ch 206 just released, been going for 17 years :D

Signature Image

^ Are the characters also 17 years older now? Or are they still in college?

Bleach.... Naruto.... Samurai deeper kyo...

One Piece or Naruto

Prince of Tennis (watch the anime if you can't wait but the manga goes further) and Hot Gimmick are two i would recommend. PoT is awesome and action packed whereas Hot Gimmick is a lot of shoujo romance, etc.

kawaiisakura2

kawaiisakura2

Sakura Chan

i recommend:
naruto
tsubasa reservior chronicle
cardcaptor sakura
bleach

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
kawaii XD

bugatti

bugatti

Space Cowboy

I recommend:

X/1999
Chobits
XXX Holic
Tsubasa
Tokyo Babylon
Visions of Escaflowne
Suki
Ah! My Goddess!

I would also recommend, Hellsing, Ghost in the shell, and the Ring manga's. Battle Royale is pretty good, but that might not be your cup of tea..

Guttskillsalot

Guttskillsalot

Just looking for someone.....

Try reading Neon Genesis Evangelion. So far its my favorite manga/anime ever!
Or try reading Berserk! Another good one as of the many above me ^^

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Cardcaptor Sakura, Friuts Basket & Girl Got Game!~ (All from Tokyo Pop)

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

Chrono crusade is also a very good manga.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

From what you like so far, it seems you're looking for the cute and fluffy stuff.
Many titles from Arina Tanemura will fall into the Fantasy/Shoujo/Romance genre:

-Fullmoon wo Sagashite
-Kamikaze Kaitou Jeane
-Time Stranger Kyoko

I also suggest looking into:

Kamichama Karin << mangaka of Pita Ten
Pichi Pichi Pitch [Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch]
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
Vampire Knight
Fruits Basket

See if any of those suit your tastes.

NANA is the best if you are in a mood for real topics and cute clothes.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 34 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.