Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Gluttony - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Hihi!
oh my, it was so difficult created this thread T.T

Anyway, as you well read the title, what do you think about that?

Gluttony is the disordered appetite to eat and to drink....

Don't you feel like when you want to eat alllll you want even is you aren't hungry?
Well, it happens to me sometimes, and let me tell you sth, is not funny be eating frequently T.T
Feels kinda weird, I like to eat, eating is great but is not funny when you want to eat frequently....

what about you ppl?

(forgive my english >.<)

Signature Image

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Hmmm.... I guess I don't think about it. If you think about what you eat too much, you tend to get a little obsessive, and being obsessive about anything is bad. I think Americans don't think about gluttony as that bad because it feed the great capitalism machine. People want to be better than what they are, we see all of the things we do not have in TV ads ect, our minds perceive that ownership equals being a better person. Unfortunately the economy being in a disproportionate slump for the middle class, the most attainable commodity is food. I fall victim to it all of the time, I have had to retrain myslef to pursue other activities in the place of eating. The alternative arguement is the use of food for comfort, affection or reward building a mind-set of food as not sustanance but as a sign that you are a good person. Getting treats when you are small for good behavior, or going to your Grandmother's house and being fed and pampered. Our minds begin to associate it with comfort, or appreciation. It comes back to the economic climate of the affected class. As the middle class increasingly threatens to merge with the poverty level people will naturally attempt to compensate for the the feeling that they lack in accomplishments. Having higher and higher standards pushed upon people that must live with increasingly lower standards. And as I stated before, we are trained from a young age to equate food with accomplishment and comfort. It is a natural compensation that the mind makes. There are people that consciencely eat to the point of gluttonny but I do not think that even represents a fraction of the greater problem.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

leosama84

leosama84

::Peace Maker::

hmmm...i dunno, i never felt this way before, like when i'm not hungry...i eat alot?
i don't think i've ever done this before, but like fooblued said, if u think of something while doing it, u become obsessed with whatever u do!
however, i only think of food when i am hungry, and when i'm eating it! infact, it is a very healthy thing to do, if u like think of the good things good food would do you, you would become healthy, i'm not talkin about junk food b/c that's what makes u just...eat eat eat! i'm talkin about healthy food, nutritious food...
neway..that's my case ^_^....bai bai!

~Leo~

Signature
-----My Latest Wallpaper: "Inner Power, Unleashed!!"-----
------------"Subtlety Is Not A Virtue!"------------

That happens to me sometimes, when I have nothing else to do. It does have bad effects for the body, but sometimes, I couldn't help it. >.<

well...I like eating but my parents say I'm still too skinny T.T maybe there's something worng with me...I eat a lot too..@.@

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

lthnadml

lthnadml

Chasing shadows . . .

That happens to me sometimes . . . when i'm feeling reeeeeealy sad or depresed. . .

A nocturnal concerto,Candlelight whispers me where to go,Hymn of gathering stars as my guide,As I wander on this path of the night

StarDreamer429

StarDreamer429

.:.Forgotten Already.:.

hey magicianfairy-san^^gluttony=eating extensively when feeling sad and/or depressed...that my def. for it^^ i mean, when i feel really bad or something and i'm not my usual happy self, then i sit down and eat...and eat...and eat. Until i'm happy again^^ tht sounded a bit whacked righ? o_O anzwayz, take care 'k? hope to talk to u later bye =P

Signature Image
Thanx so much for the siggie and the avy k1ru-san^^
"I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone"
-Arwen

i hv no idea what gluttony is.. it also happens to me oftenly.. bu tnot when i'm sad o.O XD and when it happens, i just find some food in the kitchen!

it's rock lee in my avy, if you don't recognise him! ^u^v

well, i dont like feeling hungry. so u know its like a gas meter. you make sure to top off before you get close the the "E". so i eat before i get hungry.

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

I guess it happens to me a lot as well...I have to remind myself constantly, "Okay, that's enough for today." I usually eat my meals way before I'm hungry...that's the worst.

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

i tend to eat a lot - mostly at midnight. i can eat, and eat... and eat more. but, i'm kind of on the thin side and my parents encourage me to eat a lot. if there's food in front of me, i'll munch on it full or not. unless it has meat. -_-

Signature Image

Emeralis

Emeralis

Self proclaimed Sugar Monster

Well, to be honest, Isometimes eat when I'm bored....oh I'm so ashamed -_-

But I run, sing, dance, jump around the house like a maniac when I'm bored too so it evens out :D

But on the weekends when I'm on the computer, I can go for the whole day without dinner. Until my mum asks hat i've eaten then forces some food into me at dinner time :D

Signature

dunno, do you have overweight? if yes then you might wanna consult your family doctor. but sometimes it really depends on your eating habits. when you are used to eat at a certain time and it happens that you ate ... lets say 2 hours before that time then sometimes it accures that you are hungry again.

when i was 98kg i was eating almost all day long when i was at home (so after school i guess), always something little but my mouth had to be chewing on something or tasting something or whatever. there even was a time where i start feeling odd when i got hungry, odd like getting depressed and stuff. so then i would just eat whatever comes into my hands.

but right now ... (now my weight is 74kg) the only time i feel like i need to eat something real bad is when it comes to chocolate. i can go a month without it not even noticeing but then suddenly i feel a strong urge to get a chocolate-bar and stuff it into my mouth ^_^' ...

so that's how it is, but if it really bothers you just ask a doctor for his/her opinion.

Emeralis

Emeralis

Self proclaimed Sugar Monster

Quote by GOMFdunno, do you have overweight? if yes then you might wanna consult your family doctor. but sometimes it really depends on your eating habits. when you are used to eat at a certain time and it happens that you ate ... lets say 2 hours before that time then sometimes it accures that you are hungry again.

when i was 98kg i was eating almost all day long when i was at home (so after school i guess), always something little but my mouth had to be chewing on something or tasting something or whatever. there even was a time where i start feeling odd when i got hungry, odd like getting depressed and stuff. so then i would just eat whatever comes into my hands.

but right now ... (now my weight is 74kg) the only time i feel like i need to eat something real bad is when it comes to chocolate. i can go a month without it not even noticeing but then suddenly i feel a strong urge to get a chocolate-bar and stuff it into my mouth ^_^' ...

so that's how it is, but if it really bothers you just ask a doctor for his/her opinion.

I don't know how much I weigh in kg but I'm 8 stone, and size 8 in tops and size 10 in trousers :)

I don't eat checolate much now, makes me thirsty :D
I have a really sweet tooth :D I eat sweets all the time

Signature

SweetGrl

SweetGrl

doki doki

Huh? I am kinda confused! XD

Live to Love, Love to Live~~
Signature

i do...i eat a 2 boxes of cheese-itz ever week

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

The seven deadly sins. I've thought about it. I've thought about it alot a few weeks ago and i was positive I was gluttony.
Gluttony is the opposing force of Faith and Temperance. Temperance accepts the natural limits of pleasures and preserves this natural balance. Gluttony does not pertain only to food, but to entertainment and other goods, and even the company of others.
I am not Greed/Lechery but the cause of Greed. Greed wants to get its "fair share" or a bit more.
Gluttony is the gourmet about all worldly things. This can cause Pride. What i'm trying to figure out is if i should be shameful of such a sin. And if so, why aren't I fighting it, ya know?

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.