Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chobits wp... advice? - Minitokyo

Chobits wp... advice?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

I want some advice on how to improve this wallpaper. It was rejected.
http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8681/chiwp25ht.th.jpg
[img=http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/8681/chiwp25ht.th.jpg]

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

Ayamael

Ayamael

yumemitai

you basically need to clean up the whole thing, the scans/screecaps all look blurry... besides, here on MT, i think you're supposed to do the background, not only put screen caps together... i think anyways, well i don't do walls ^_^'

flyindreams

flyindreams

[Ninja] Lurker

Yes, that scan needs serious cleaning... or vectoring, actually, it looks like a really low res image that got blown up so I'm not sure how successful you'll be at cleaning this, actually. If you're not familiar with pen tool/vectoring, start with a higher res image. The text is also incredibly pixelated...

Also the border of screencaps look kinda tacky... and, like Ayamael pointed out, not fantastic quality either... it's just a lot of Chii faces in one go. It might be worth browsing around for some brushes for the border... :)

besides the fact that the MT rules for submitting wallpapers say that you cannot just put together some screencaps and then call it your wallpaper...and lets just ignore the fact that it will be very difficult to actually work with those low-res graphics...
you should make a pretty frame, change the pictures slightly... you cannot just simply cut and paste pictures togher, you have to use brushes and other tools to improve your work.
i know this doesnt really help you but all im saying is that you definately need creativity and some basic "photoshop" knowledge.

The wallpaper really does need some cleaning, the image is also enlarged beyond it's
standard size, which make the line looks jagged as if Antialiasing was not apply to it.

It takes time to make a good wallpaper, visit some digital imaging tutorial sites
and sooner or later you'll become like a pro. ;)

Do not rush!

Signature

animanga

animanga

A Clockwork Fate

The center image is too small to be made that size & screen caps/screen shots aren't allowed to be used in walls on MT.

Keep trying! ^^

Signature
My latest works: Mine of Mine * [url=http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/409522]Fool

embershadow

embershadow

Quincy Archer Hates You

The middle picture is way too pixely. It looks like it was the size of the ones around the border, so there's really no way you can make it look good at that size. Also, this looks like it took very little effort--just put a whole bunch of screen caps together, and voila, a wallpaper! XP

What you need to do is basically throw this away and start over. I'm sorry, but there's no hope for it. (I'm really sorry!) You should find a new scan, of good quality and a larger size, extract it, and make a background.

Since there's basically no option but to start over... all I can really do is recommend you to look at some of the most popular wallpapers here to see what the staff & the users like, and to recommend some tutorials to you...
I like http://ningen.nattoli.net and http://www.imanimetions.net.

Hope those will help. Just keep working, and you'll be able to make great walls i no time. :)

Signature
Bleach-Central | Anime Story Club
My Latest Submission: Nino

bluSake

Retired Moderator

bluSake

Have to agree with what everyone else has said. When I went to look at it, it took me a while to realize that it had finished downloading ^_^' Too pixellated.

My suggestion is that you look around, see what other wallers are doing, and learn from that first. :)

Signature Image
Last walls - [The Lotus] for xxxHolic || [Amano Couture] for Yoshitaka Amano
Groups - [Aspiring Mafia] [NewWaveProject] || [Straw-Hat-Pirates] [Simple-ism]

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

As everyone else has said, it's far too pixellated. Ideally Wallpapers need to be large, prstine and glossy. Something that looks sharp & crisp, not broken up into pixels because you've taken a small picture and enlarged it...

Try looking through the Chobits gallery at the scans and pick a few from there. They'll be large enough for use in a wallpaper, so it will look nice & sharp :)

Also, what work have you done on it, other than to arrange a series of screenshots? Not to sound harsh as I'm sure you've already spent time on it, but you really need to do a lot more than just arrange a bunch of small images. Something with brushes or textures. It's so rare that anything with a raw scan on it survives, you need to do something to the image..

Good luck :)

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

that image is a smaller resy pic just resized, looks best at around 600 pixels wide, thats total image, the centre one about 400pixels wide

my advice - vector it or find a bigger version of it, in a higher resolution

Signature Image

shodan

Shotokan Disciple

basically what everyone else said. find some new images cut them out and use them instead of making a pretty generic and basic collage.

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

Thank you to everyone. I appreciate your opinions. My main problem is that I don't have any good imaging programs on my computer. I had to make this on paint...
I'll have to sneak on photoshop at shcool, if I have nothing else to do...

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

hidekeitaro

hidekeitaro

MEMENTO MORI

Well... This is a serious problem, but there are some programs free and light, like the IrfanView, that is initally a program to view images, but have a plugin to use some filters...
Exist other program free but some more complex, called GIMP. A great program...
Good Luck with your wallpaper :D

Signature

That's really cute ^^ but the screencaps are too blurry or pixelated. Maybe you should try getting the screencaps yourself from the episodes....BSPlayer can do it.

Miroku4444

Miroku4444

Ecchi Enthusiast!!

I like the idea, but i would look for higher res pics and ones with less j-peg artifacts in them.

Signature

thingperson

thingperson

Elizabeth, Ruler Of All Bishies

Oh i think its cute with a big picture of them in the front and little ones around them.

All hail Queen Elizabeth, ruler of all bishies. Watch your back, you wanna-be's
My Husband's are Kaname, Tsuna, Ichigo, Naruto, Haji, Hei, Sebastian, Lee-Leng
and that is why my world is of silk sheets, imported champagne, and endless erotic delight..
Signature
	Image VISIT THE userpageskindesignss20-signaturestudiotag-licious AND JOIN US

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Please don't bump old Sandbox threads. We want new artwork threads to be in the foreground so that members know which ones to comment one and which threads are no longer of use.

closed to reduce clutter.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

page 1 of 1 17 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.