Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 BECK || Started to play guitar? - Minitokyo

BECK || Started to play guitar?

Tagged under BECK

After watching Beck i thought...

...it sucked.
1 votes
...i'll start playing the guitar.
18 votes
...it was ok.
0 votes
...it was great.
6 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Watching BECK really makes you think about music.

At first i thought, it was boring but after watching the guy(Koyuki) becoming better and better (tho he really has talent)...it became more and more interesting.
I really like rock...maybe that's why i'm exaggerating a bit, but after watching Beck i really felt kicked into my butt to start playing the guitar. :hmpf:

Did somebody else feel this? <_<

have you ever faced true silence before?
if you can't stand it, share it with your precious one.

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

teehee. yeah.
Funny you talk about this, my friend should be offering me a free accoustic guitar in about a week. What made me want to play was partly BECK. :D <3

OroItachi

OroItachi

~ cursed ~

BECK was really awesome. I mean, if ur a guitarist, u'd be really amazed to see all those stuff tht ur teacher might have thought u or stuff u've forgotten to appear in an anime. Though the English sucked ... especially tht poser guy, umm....i forgot his name, the music was really good and the song Spice of Life or other songs done by BECK was really solid. Honestly, I was about to lose my interest in guitar (since i didn't have a teacher and i was too lazy to search for lessons on the internet AND tht time i listened to just punk rock - which isn't very healthy for ur music knowledge ) Then came BECK, and i picked up my weeping guitar and played it and i can safely say, my guitaring improved after watchin this anime. At first glance, what really drove me into stickin my nuts to this anime was how they really emphasized and exaggerated the music stuff. (and my fav guitarists' name came out! - Paul Gilbert, Tom Morello, Zakk Wylde) So BECK was a true lifesaver for my guitar.....and me. XP

- The cursed ones hold the heaviest grudge -

MenchiKun

MenchiKun

o.O LIES ITS ALL LIEEES!

Iv played guitar for along time before i watched beck or read the manga's but after watching it it reminded me of why i wanted to play guiter and recindeld the flame to make grewat music more than ever before

I had a couple guitars (Gibson Les Paul... my personal Lucille ^^, and a Fender Strat) lying around my house for a while collecting dust. I've been too lazy lately to pick them up and play them...
After watching Beck, I actually put forth the effort to bring my guitars (and amp/cables/etc) out of the storage room in my basement.
It took a great anime/manga to get me to do this and even now, everytime I play, I'm reminded of Beck.

I watched beck in september,2005 after that i bought my ibanez .. 3 boss pedals and have been in 4 different bands so far...sooo.. it really changed my life

Ya its weird....I've been an artist and a damn good one studying it in University. But since one day when I discovered Beck and sat through every episode I was so inspired. I went and fixed the brocken strings on my acoustic and started practising the basic chords....(before I tried to pick it up but always quit fairly quickly due to being stoned to much or just lazy)

Its been over a year now, and I have a 69 Strat Replica (I bought after working as a dishwasher trying to save money for my new found music pursuits) My buddies old band that broke up, I was always one of their best supporters of the music they were making. Anyways I told him to listen to some stuff I'd written and rpacticed one day. He really dug it and now we've reformed a band with my buddy Mark, myself, and two new dudes who are really becoming awesome peple. I can honestly say this anime has changed my life.....its weird.....It just gave me that push to finally excell in something I wanted to do for so long now.

solowind

solowind

I'm just a Patsy

I felt it like crazy!

I quickly went and picked up my guitar and started learning the scales (already know the chords :D) and i actully made a song it was amazing! and first thing i did put bomb track (rage against the machine) picked up my strat (squire, though am saving up for a real strat) guitar and started jamming along with it was crazy and amazing mum came told me off but who cares the jam was amazing!

If you want motivation watch BECK very nice!

Can't wait for summer me and the band are ganna start again and then hopefully at uni i will find a band and rock n roll hhahahah

pandemonium4146

pandemonium4146

Will Pelt You With Pebbles

... I thinl it was okay... though I cant say that I liked it totally....
it's one of those animes that eventually drives you to do something (like playing the guitar...)

"It's like... it's like... unbelievable."
- I stutter in disbelief. >.>

Maybe for you. But not for me. :)
Seriously though, I still didn't feel that "guitar fever" as I'd like to call it, partly because guitar is so mainstream in my country nowadays and partly because I'd rather play a cello or such :D

The anime is very good nonetheless. I've seen a lot of Slice of Life animes, but this one is in a class of its own. Heck, a band story? It alone was enough to pique my interest :) Very nice.

Kudos to those whose lives have been changed ;)

Wow i didnt know that there exist so many people who started playing guitar after watching beck :D
well i had a little musical background but has never tried guitar before (because it is so common and yah guys who play it likes to act cool and so on). however after i watching beck i joined my school guitar club (of course with a bunch of act cool boys) and i am really serious about learning it now. i plan to start with classical, do a bit of jazz, then proceed on to electric guitars and start a bit of rock and roll :)
gambatte to everyone who is inspired by beck! :D

I personally think its impossible not to want to take up guitar or some other musical instrument after watching this anime. It truly draw's you in the musical world, ending up at the end dying to strum some notes on your guitar.

Kazenonatsu

Kazenonatsu

Day Dreamer

lol, this is kind of interestin I'll have to go check Beck out now. I haven't seen Beck but I have seen some other anime that have a similiar effect on me, like Yakitate Ja-pan, I really wanted to make bread after reading it (I showed my friend it too and after word he told me "I need to go make bread right NOW!) xD

Well I know what anime I'm gonna go watch next now!

A moment bound in eternity.

i'm happy to see that beck still infects people 3 years later. *happy*

have you ever faced true silence before?
if you can't stand it, share it with your precious one.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.